Page 1 of 1

CH2-4a Safe House

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:20 am
by ghill
Eventually Clay receives directions to a farm a few miles away, here you are met by a crusty old farmer who directs you to a shabby looking old barn. Inside this someone has dropped a tired but functional portacabin. The portacabin has beds water, heating and electricity as well as a reasonable store of food but little else. In additon there is space to hide the Volvo away from prying eyes.
Healing,There is simple first aid equipment to allow you to treat the injuries you have (first aid, remember can be applied to each individual injury) , in addition at this point Greg can use his [b]Medicine[/b] skill to provide additional healing over the next week (assuming you stay).

Re: CH2-4a Safe House

Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:31 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'm not sure how many HP I lost, but I already got successful First Aid applied to all three of my injuries. The punch was only 1 damage, so that's healed now. The stab wound and gunshot wound have each been healed for 2. Is it possible to access the Internet from here? If I can't get online on my laptop, can I get a signal on my phone at least?

Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:07 am
by ghill
OOC: Internet,there is no wireless or network connection at the safe house there is however a poor signal for mobile phones.
House rule: GSW,I going to clarify what is essentially a house rule here, without a proper first aid kit all you can do with a gun shot wound is stop any further HP loss from bleeding/exacerbation, tearing off a shirt sleeve just wont cut it. NB Yes, you can fabricate a first aid kid from household materials, in the same way you can splint a broken arm with sticks and rags. First aid rolls made during this gunfight stand.

Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:59 pm
by BenTheRat
Clay hides the car and then looks for some 1st aid. He has 2-3 scratches, but only after everyone else is taken care of.

"We can lay low here for a bit".

Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:32 pm
by royya
Greg, my hand, I got shot.
Jacob says with broken voice.
...and my Volvo ... it looks like a strainer.

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:38 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'm not too bad off, considering," says Liz. "I can assist Greg before getting looked after myself."
OOC,[b]Greg[/b] had said he was letting us use his first aid kit, but if that wasn't available I can get treated now. Does that mean I don't heal any HP from the gunshot wound even after that, or do I get them back when I get treated?

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:37 am
by ghill
HPs,Just to clarify if you made any first aid rolls for a GSW during the fire fight, then you stopped the bleeding, but you didn't get the HP's back until you go the safe house and have access to proper first aid materials.
OOC: Liz,- First Aid Kits, Greg had a small first kit it on his belt it it simply wasn't going to provide the necessary materials to deal with the number of injuries the team suffered. However see above. For future consideration you might want to make sure everyone is carrying an individual first aid kit.
OOC: Jacob,In the absence of Imp Jacob gets 3HP back from First Aid followed by HP4 over the ensuing week assuming bed rest and Medical care.
OOC: Albert,In the absence of Imp Albert gets 2HP back from First Aid followed by HP6 over the ensuing week assuming bed rest and Medical care.
OOC: Clay,If Clay needs first Aid Greg ensures First Aid for 2HP, 2HP (I believe Clay had 2 injuries) and a further 3HP over the week assuming proper medical care. Clay also gets a phone call from his friend saying asking whether he knows Jacob or an Albert because the police are looking for them to help with enquiries - you might want to get rid of mobile phones, before the police start looking for them.
OOC:   NPCing Greg in Imp's absence.  

Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:30 pm
by BenTheRat
After getting a couple bandages, Clay smiles. "Thanks doc. Hey just heard from my contact, we have issues, seems the police are looking for you two." Nodding in the direction of Albert and Jacob. "This could be bad, but since they've identified you, we probably want to collect cell phones. So turn them off, take your batteries out. That should keep them from tracking us."

Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:18 am
by Mr. Handy

"Good thinking," says Liz, nodding. She shuts off her mobile and pops out the battery. "That'll keep me offline, at least until we can get some pay-as-you-go phones for cash. We should all go off the grid, just in case they associate the rest of us with you two. Then they could find you by tracking us." She goes back to helping the injured. "Good deal we've got decent medical supplies here. From now on, we should each carry a personal first aid kit when we go anywhere."

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:15 pm
by Papa Gateau
The only way they could have ideed Jacob and myself is from our car plates - unless the girl's talking already - I introduced myself with my full name and Quirky is kind of a, er, well a quirky name. I'm pretty sure I only introduced Liz and Jacob by first names.

They should have no reason to impound my car - it's legally parked and had nothing to do with the shoot-out. It should still be parked there, so I'm not sure how they make the connection between the car and me being in the shoot-out - unless the girl has talked already.

It would be good to see if we can recover my car and my gear from it.

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:01 pm
by ghill
Help with Inquiries,Any good police investigation will try and eliminate absolutely every single lead. The police will have checked the registration of every vehicle at the scene and obtained the registered keepers. As far as they are concerned Jacob and Albert might well be material witnesses to a very violent crime, or they might have had their cars stolen. Either way as both of you have serious gun shot wounds (GSW) you really don't want to have to talk to the police right now.

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:22 pm
by royya
Yes, my car and cell phone were stolen
Jacob say with sarcasm

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:17 am
by Mr. Handy

"Well, if they can't find either of you," says Liz, "maybe they'll think you died in the fire. And I don't think Fay's in any condition to be talking so soon. She's lucky to be alive. Andy's in hospital with her, so if I go online and contact him through his site, I can ask him about her condition and see if he can get a chance to talk to her."

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:29 am
by ghill
OOC:   OK guys for most of you the next week is spent being bored and generally in pain and discomfort, you are at this point without transport apart from the Volvo. There is no phone line or internet connection (unless you are using a mobile) The only form of entertainment in the house is a battered looking radio

The incident is top story on the radio and one presumes the newspapers and TV. The incident is described in the news as being described as a major gun battle, Involving as many as 20 people. The number of fatalities has reached eight, two of whom were found in an abandoned car the day after the shooting, the fatalities include Mr and Mrs Merrit a retired couple living next door. Police are looking for the Jacob as owner of a car seen leaving the scene of the crime, and Albert because his car was found at the scene of crime and because police believe he spoke to Fay before the incident took place. Police have identified the attackers as Albanians, but have not at this point drawn any links (or if they have they aren't talking about them)

What next?  

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:47 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Well, I'm not going be bored. There is one other form of entertainment: my laptop has a bunch of games on it that can be played offline, as long as I can plug it in so it doesn't lose its charge. Also, if [b]Albert[/b] mentions that he salvaged the hard drive from the house, I can also hook it up to the laptop and see what's on it.

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:57 am
by BenTheRat
Clay spends his time checking the perimeter, making sure we have the supplies we need. I want to see what we can do about getting rid of the guns we used in the gun fight, and get us some replacements.
Then working out and getting some rest.

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:39 am
by ghill
Clay knows taking the guns out and burying them somewhere in the middle of the woods is probably good enough, but he could go to the effort of taking them apart and disposing them in multiple different locations would if he wants to be even safer.

After a few days of effort Liz starts to pull stuff out of the recalcitrant hard drive, an initial look over the contents seems to indicate its more a family all purpose computer than a specific work computer.
E-mails:,Liz discovers an email thread in which Professor Gosshamm first lays out his proposition suggesting the Verbetoi are the last remaining elements of a progenitor civilization which existed over 15,000 years ago. He seems to indicate the fragments of the writing people found in Malta are actually copies by later less educated peoples after the Verbetoi moved to the area of ancient Illyria (modern day Albania). [A word doc is attached to the first mail - This paper is a more polished copy of the one Liz saw in Gosshamms office, the ideas are well formed, the evidence and arguments well-structured and well presented, but they are not conclusive. The archaeological evidence particularly is open to a great deal of interpretation, its probably not ready for peer review. Mathers come back is to constructively destroy Gosshamm's proposition on the basis that there is not enough supporting evidence and what evidence he does have is open to interpretation. Gosshamm's response is that there is almost further evidence on Malta, but the authorities have closed down the digs for the foreseeable future Mathers response is that he should move his search to Albania. The final post in the thread is a mail from Maria Demachi, in which Maria indicates she is and Gosshamm are heading into the Northern Mountains and that Gosshamm has some clues about where to go from evidence he gathered in Malta. This last mail is only a few days before the Prof's death.

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:37 pm
by Mr. Handy

Liz shows the others what she's found. "There may be more evidence to support Gosshamm's theories in Malta," she says, "but as he said, the dig sites are off limits. He was planning to head to Albania next, and that's prolly why they went after him, because they were afraid he'd find something more. We may want to head directly there. We could meet up with Maria Demachi if we go; we already have her address."

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:39 pm
by BenTheRat
"Well it beats the hell out of hanging out here. I say we go." Clay chimes in. "What do you think is the best way to get there from here?"

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:07 am
by Mr. Handy

"Well, a plane would be faster," says Liz, "but then we'd have to use our passports, and the system might flag Jacob and Albert - or the rest of us, if they're looking for us too. We'd prolly need to take a boat to avoid that, going by way of the Mediterranean. If we do that, we may as well stop at Malta as it's on the way, and maybe we can turn something up. Before we leave, I'd like to get online and contact Andy to let him know where we're going and find out how he and Fay are doing, and if he knows anything else."

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:10 am
by ghill
Liz and Andy,If Liz wants to contact Andy just post it direct to his thread

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:19 pm
by royya
We need to get off the island, to central europe somehow and then take a boat from south France, Italy or Greece or we can take the long route along north Africa.
Jacob suggest.
we must leave the UK somehow. maybe a shuttle from Dover to France or from Wales to Ireland and then France.

As for our identities, me and Alber must throw our I.Ds and Credit cards somewhere for the police to find out. Hopefully, they will think we were kidnapped

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:54 pm
by Mr. Handy

"If we do that, they'll just keep looking for us," says Liz. "Better that we vanish without a trace. If they can't find us, they may think we died in the fire. Besides, we don't want the Verebtoi finding us either. If we leave any clues behind, that would help them too. But you're right about crossing the Channel to France. We shouldn't even need a passport for that. Then we can just go across France and get a boat out of southern France or Italy to take us to Malta. Once we decide where we're going and we get away from the safehouse, I'll go online and log onto Andy's site so I can give him an update and find out what he knows. I can tell him where we're headed so he can meet us there. Since we'll be going the long way, he'll have plenty of time to catch us up."

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:34 am
by ghill
Passports,Sadly for you guys you still require a passport to enter/exit the UK even if you are going to France - once on mainland Europe inter border checks are largely non existent.

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:54 pm
by BenTheRat
gm,does Clay have a way to smuggle us all to France across the English Channel without going through checkpoints?

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:45 pm
by ghill
OOC: Clay,considering Clay owes for the safe house still, the answer is no. Probably the best thing would be to get some forged papers.

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:45 am
by ghill
"I can probably get my hands on the relevant documentation to get us out of the country, but I'll need good passport photos for everyone who needs documentation and I need to go back to my house. I don't think the police will know about the house, the car is registered to my old place and I'm house sitting this place for an old friend who is out of the country." says Albert.

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:31 pm
by royya
Time to shave my Rabbi beard, wear sunglasses and dress like a German tourist.
Jacob sighs

Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:58 am
by Mr. Handy

"Well, I've got my digital camera here," Liz says to Albert. "I'm a decent photographer, but you're far better than I am. Before we leave, maybe I can stop by my own place and pack if we're sure it's not being watched. I could also get online there and let Andy know where we're headed."

Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:50 am
by ghill
Mr Handy,If you want to leave a message for Andy post to his thread [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?f=192&t=5080]here[/url]
By the end of the week Greg is satisfied with everyone's progress and happy enough for people to start being more active (in fact he actively encourages it) Albert is left with a limp, Jacob a very stiff arm and Liz and Clay with some very interesting scars.
ALL,Given a week to think about matters you may take this opportunity to make skill checks.

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:22 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Computer Use (70) [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4461863/]did not increase[/url]. First Aid (55) [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4461867/]did not increase[/url]. Library Use (60) [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4461870/]did not increase[/url]. Listen (55) [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4461871/]increased[/url] by [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4461873/]8[/url] to 63. Persuade (15) [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4461880/]increased[/url] by [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4461882/]6[/url] to 21. Psychology (35) [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4461884/]did not increase[/url]. Spot Hidden (55) [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4461889/]increased[/url] by [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4461892/]6[/url] to 61. Shotgun (33) [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4461895/]did not increase[/url].

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:18 pm
by royya
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4462746/]First aid Library use Listen Persuade Spot Hidden Handgun (1d100=70, 1d100=19, 1d100=45, 1d100=71, 1d100=59, 1d100=15)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4462750/]Increase First aid, Listen, Persuade, Spot Hidden (1d10=7, 1d10=7, 1d10=1, 1d10=9)[/url] First aid - Pass +7 Library use - Fail Listen - Pass +7 Persuade - Pass +1 Spot Hidden - Pass +9 Handgun - Fail

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:38 pm
by BenTheRat
ooc,Conceal(45): [dice]0[/dice] Hide(20): [dice]1[/dice] Fist(70): [dice]2[/dice] Library Use(25): [dice]3[/dice] Spot Hidden(45): [dice]4[/dice] Handgun (50): [dice]5[/dice] . Passed Library use: [dice]6[/dice] +4 = 29 Spot Hidden: [dice]7[/dice] +4 = 49

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:53 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Guys, those of you actively posting may want to decide what your next course of action is Greg says you are good to go, Albert says he can if he gets to his home provide ID to get you out of the country. You have leads aplenty I believe to allow for next steps.  

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:10 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I already said we should go to Malta next (once [b]Albert[/b] arranges for some new passports). I said as much in my PM to [b]Andy[/b]. Do I see his reply? If so, we may want to head to Wales first, and we could do that while waiting for passports.

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:36 am
by ghill
Plans,OK with Greg and Albert's players as non active at the moment, their characters are NPC's and will not use their own initiative so feel to boss them about. However, Albert needs to get home to produce the documents and has no transport to get there. Once there he can be left to his own devices. Basically, in the absence of active players feel free to make decisions and act upon them. I'll always give everyone to chime in.

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:02 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,You never said if I got a chance to see [b]Andy[/b]'s reply. That will affect my plans.

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:42 pm
by royya
Well, I can't go, so is Albert. The police are looking for us. Someone else needs to go.
The new shaved Jacob says.

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:34 pm
by ghill
Andys response,As Liz has access to the interweb via her phone yes she can.
Albert looks up. "I have to go no one else is going to sort out the documentation. If some one can drive me down I can hide in the back seat with a blanket over my head if necessary".

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:55 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Actually, I used my laptop at home to access the Internet rather than my phone (where I probably have a router), while I was there packing. Does that make a difference? Having an apostrophe in the title of a spoiler button makes it impossible to open it, but I was able to see the text using the Quote function.

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:05 am
by BenTheRat
"Well I don't mind driving him down, I'd rather use a different car though." Clay says. "Then off to Wales and then Malta. Sounds like a plan."

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:38 am
by Mr. Handy

"Sounds good to me," says Liz. "We may as well see what we can find out about Fay's parents murder in Wales while we wait for the new passports. I'll use my Chloe O'Brian alias on mine. It's not as obvious as Sarah Connor. I'm all packed and ready to go once we drop off Albert."

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:53 pm
by Papa Gateau
Ok, so I need the names you all want to use as aliases and basic information that you will be able to remember under simple examination - date of birth, place of birth. Jacob, you'll have to be a British national, I don't have German passport to work from.

Remember, these passports will be good enough to get us out of the UK, particularly a port - I'll need to make them the old-non chip and bio-metric type. They may not stand scrutiny returning to the UK - but we can cross that bri..err...border...haha..when we get to it.

So I need passport photos, which I can take using Liz' camera and signatures from all of you using your new alias. Practice it a few times and when you're happy give me a sample - burn the rest.

I'll create a couple of driving licenses, so that we can hire cars if we need to - if I have time I'll done one for each of us but initially, myself, Clay and Jacob.

I can also make a couple of credit cards, so we can draw cash or pay for things like hire cars - Liz, we're going to be tight for time, you can find and buy valid credit card numbers online - they're pretty cheap or maybe Clay you know someone that can get us a few numbers I can clone?

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:57 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I'll take a look around online," says Liz. "If we're confident that the coppers aren't searching for me, I can use my mobile here. According to Andy, the only ones they've publically announced they're seeking are you and Jacob. Otherwise, I can go elsewhere first." She comes up with basic information for her Chloe O'Brian alias that's close enough to the truth to be plausible and practices signing her new name. She pushes back her date of birth a couple of months or so, but she keeps the place of birth as London. Millions of people are from London, so its anonymous enough, and her accent will confirm it.

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:29 am
by ghill
Liz,Liz's location and internet access does matter a bit, considering she is miles from home, in a safe house with no form of transport other than on foot and has been for the last week. Basically she wont have been able to go home.
Clay,The only car you have is the Volvo which the police were/are looking forward so it is in Clay's opinion to great a risk. They'd be far better off dumping it at the bottom of a lake somewhere.

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:12 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I thought I was going home after the week was up to pack, and at that point I could go online. If that's not possible, I could try using the phone somewhere else to get online so as not to reveal the safehouse position just in case, or I can use it here if everyone else is okay with it.

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:05 am
by BenTheRat
"Well we can't take the car, its too hot. It needs to head to the bottom of a very big lake, or maybe a chop shop." Clay muses for a bit."Any other ideas on transportation?"
gm,do I know a chop shop I could do a swap with maybe?

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:05 am
by ghill
Clay,There has to be a limit to Clay's criminal connections, he can get guns and stolen bits and pieces, he'll knows lads that steal cars to joy ride, but that is really isn't what he needs any connections he can find will be in London and h doesn't want to drive a stolen car all the way to London (100+ miles). Be aware you've used a up a lot of favours getting access to this safe house and there wasn't any cash forthcoming - ie Clay is up to his neck.
Liz,there is phone signal on the farm and locations Liz can go which wouldn't implicate the safe house.

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:05 pm
by BenTheRat
"Well I'm out of ideas and favors. Any other ideas guys on how to get out of here?" Clay asks.
ghill,oh yea I figured that, was just trying to come up with ideas to get us moving. I'm stumped on what to do, I think all of us are.

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:15 pm
by ghill
Clay,Clay is a criminal stealing a car is for him a relatively simple task, source the cars from long stay car parks (airports would be ideal, but even a railway car parks, typically gives you 5-8 hours usage, and keep changing the cars - just describe Clay leaving and returning with a car. Some low end saloon and I wont even require die rolls.

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:17 am
by Mr. Handy

"Well, town's just a few miles away," says Liz. "I could walk it if I had to, but I'd prefer a bicycle. Once there, I can use my phone without pointing back to the safe house. I could call for a cab and also get online."

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:11 am
by BenTheRat
"No, just ever everything ready, I'll go get another car. Should be back in a couple hours." Clay takes some water and a couple tools and heads out.
ghill,I'll go find the nearest parking lot get something cheap and return.

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:37 am
by ghill
About an hour and a half later Clay return with a smile on his face and a perfectly non descript two year old ford focus. Clay says its theft wont be discovered for several hours, they'll be safer if they leave the area, and he can secure another car as needed.

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:07 am
by Mr. Handy

"Great, let's go!" says Liz, gathering her stuff. "As much as I enjoy playing Civilization IV on my laptop, it's time I got out and did stuff. Besides, I need to get online. I feel like I'm blind without Internet access."

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:29 pm
by royya
I'll stay with the first name Jacob and change my family name to Clark. I'll choose the birth date of a friend of mine, it will be easy to remember. The new shaved face and a new hair style will do the trick.
Jacob replies
I thought about forging our own kidnapping, maybe the "Albanian gangsters" can send a request for ransom to be deposited in Birmingham? This will lead the police to a different path of investigation. Liz, can you send such a request from anonymous email?

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:11 pm
by ghill
OOC: Jacob,Trying to mislead the police is a risky proposition. At the moment the police have no connection between Jacob and any crime, apart from his car, which doesn't implicate him in any a crime anyway. A letter suggesting he's been kidnapped would by its nature be considered "wasting police time" a criminal offence, if it was ever discovered.

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:56 am
by BenTheRat
Clay thinks for a bit, "Why don't I play your brother traveling with you, Liz. Might remove some suspicion of you travelling with a group of guys. Make mine Joe O'brien. Should be easy enough to remember. Besides if they stop to question us, we are already busted. I like the fake ransom idea, but that's another felony wracked up. Are you sure you want to go down that path?"

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:13 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, that makes sense you being my brother," says Liz. "We'll have to space our supposed ages at least nine months apart, or it will look a bit odd. And Jaocb ought to go by Jake, so it's less obvious. I don't think we should send a fake ransom note. I might be able to pull it off, but if they trace it back, we're sunk. Besides, this lot have kidnapped before and never demanded a ransom. I think we're best off leaving well enough alone. If the police are halfway competent, the thought that we might have been kidnapped will have crossed their minds without us having to wave it in front of their faces."

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:33 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Can I assume the itinerary is straight to Albert's house, with a short stop off at an internet cafe for Liz to log on and get in touch with Andy.  

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:24 pm
by Papa Gateau
Ok, so I have everyone's aliases. Let's get get back to my place and I can make a start.

Clay, I'm assuming you'll dispose of the car once we're back?

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:34 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Assuming you don't do anything violent/illegal you can assume you get Albert's and he can start work. You can locate somewhere to get internet (other than Alberts) You can conduct any personal admin.  
OOC: Papa,Assuming you get to your tools/equipment and have time then creating believable passports which will hold up to reasonable scrutiny (ie by a person with a trained eyeball) is not a difficult task for you. You need a [b]forgery[/b] roll per passport, but only fumbles are relevant (basically, you'll see and remedy any mistakes until they're fixed but with a fumble you've cocked up but don't realise it) Each passport is going to take you a days work. Credit cards slightly less so. You'll need forgery rolls for these as well. Failures will still look credible but simply wont work. I'll assume with your forgery skill you can source some credit card numbers.

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:07 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz sends PMs back and forth with Andy while at the Internet cafe, and she also looks for articles about the incident at the house in Kenilworth, the murder of Mathers and his wife in Wales, and the "overdose" of Grundy in London. "Andy's still in hospital," she tells the others. "He doesn't know whether or not he'll need skin grafts. Fay is stable but still sedated. He learned that her parents were killed while in Wales, no doubt by the same lot that did for Gosshamm. And Professor Grundy at the University College of London died of an apparent overdose. I suppose this means they've learned how to be subtle. We may want to head to London first to check that out, then visit Wales to investigate the Mathers murders while we're waiting for our documents, before we leave the country. I've let Andy know where we're thinking of heading. Anything else anyone wants to tell or ask him while I'm online?"

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:59 pm
by ghill
Andy location,Actually Liz can see from the routing details of Andy's post that he is probably in a hotel somewhere near Warwick, Greg says from his recollection of his injuries he was probably let out at around the same time he gave them the all clear.

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:02 pm
by BenTheRat
Once in town Clay dumps the stolen car a few miles from the house, walks to the 2nd nearest bus stop and rides that back to the loft.
"Great more waiting. Rough job that fire, any leads on what that was. Both times, that didn't look like natural fire. How the hell do you fight that?" Clay sits down and flicks on the tele looking for a match.

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:14 am
by Mr. Handy

"Fire extinguishers, that's how," says Liz. "I killed two of those things with one. We need to pick up some more of those handheld ones. Fireproof clothing would sure help too. It did last time." She looks at the laptop's screen. "According to the routing information, Andy's not in hospital any more. He's at a hotel in the vicinity of Warwick. Why don't we drop in on him?"

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:31 pm
by BenTheRat
Clay smiles, "Fire extenguishers. Great idea. Do you think its smart to drop in on him? Could be a trap by the police, or they could be watching the place."

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:10 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'm sure Andy wouldn't have sold us out," says Liz, "and he'd have done it already if he were going to. It's a good point that they might be watching the place, though. I could ask him to meet us somewhere nearby and make sure nobody follows him. Unless you think maybe the coppers could have hacked his account, but I doubt it. They're not me."

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:27 am
by royya
Too risky for me ... but I need to test my new identity outside, shaved and with a new hat and cloth.
Jacob says

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:00 am
by Papa Gateau
Forgery,Target:80 Passports x 6: 6 successes http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4481278/ Credit Cards x 6: 4 success, 2 fails (possible 1 fumble, what do we fumble on?) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4481279/ Driving licenses x 3: 2 success, 1 critical http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4481280/ (licenses for Albert, Jacob & Clay)
Albert spends a busy couple of days in his 'office' living off take-aways and coffee.

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:22 am
by Mr. Handy

"Well, the police are looking for you and Albert," Liz says to Jacob, "but not me, Clay, or Greg. I'd be willing to take the chance."

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:53 pm
by ghill
OOC:   As previously discussed its a 4 and a bit hour car journey from Albert's house to the vicinity of Warwick. So not really an issue if you wish. Alternatively, you could ask him to come to you or to some middle ground.  

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:20 pm
by BenTheRat
Clay was kicked back watching the latest match, "Just let me know when we need a ride and I'll get us one."

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:36 am
by ghill
Guys go here
OOC:   If you want to do anything before the events in the next thread. Please add to this thread  

Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:51 am
by royya
While the others are busy plotting their future, Jacob decides to test his new identity. He will get out from the safe house and walk a little bit in the streets, trying to figure out if someone is following him. He will use a new hat and sunglasses, wearing a new outfit that is completely different from the regular Rabbi black suit.

Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:01 pm
by ghill
Used to both his clothes and look, Jacob keeps catching sight of a stranger reflected in shop windows only to realise moments later the 'stranger' is himself. After an hour walking the streets Jacob is confident no one is following him. Nor does he get the idea that the shoot out & house fire is top news story at the moment. That seems to be about a Nasa spacecraft sending back historic first pictures of an unexplored region of Mars.