CH2-4a Safe House

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: CH2-4a Safe House

Post by BenTheRat »

"Well I don't mind driving him down, I'd rather use a different car though." Clay says. "Then off to Wales and then Malta. Sounds like a plan."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Sounds good to me," says Liz. "We may as well see what we can find out about Fay's parents murder in Wales while we wait for the new passports. I'll use my Chloe O'Brian alias on mine. It's not as obvious as Sarah Connor. I'm all packed and ready to go once we drop off Albert."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

Ok, so I need the names you all want to use as aliases and basic information that you will be able to remember under simple examination - date of birth, place of birth. Jacob, you'll have to be a British national, I don't have German passport to work from.

Remember, these passports will be good enough to get us out of the UK, particularly a port - I'll need to make them the old-non chip and bio-metric type. They may not stand scrutiny returning to the UK - but we can cross that bri..err...border...haha..when we get to it.

So I need passport photos, which I can take using Liz' camera and signatures from all of you using your new alias. Practice it a few times and when you're happy give me a sample - burn the rest.

I'll create a couple of driving licenses, so that we can hire cars if we need to - if I have time I'll done one for each of us but initially, myself, Clay and Jacob.

I can also make a couple of credit cards, so we can draw cash or pay for things like hire cars - Liz, we're going to be tight for time, you can find and buy valid credit card numbers online - they're pretty cheap or maybe Clay you know someone that can get us a few numbers I can clone?
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'll take a look around online," says Liz. "If we're confident that the coppers aren't searching for me, I can use my mobile here. According to Andy, the only ones they've publically announced they're seeking are you and Jacob. Otherwise, I can go elsewhere first." She comes up with basic information for her Chloe O'Brian alias that's close enough to the truth to be plausible and practices signing her new name. She pushes back her date of birth a couple of months or so, but she keeps the place of birth as London. Millions of people are from London, so its anonymous enough, and her accent will confirm it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

Liz,Liz's location and internet access does matter a bit, considering she is miles from home, in a safe house with no form of transport other than on foot and has been for the last week. Basically she wont have been able to go home.
Clay,The only car you have is the Volvo which the police were/are looking forward so it is in Clay's opinion to great a risk. They'd be far better off dumping it at the bottom of a lake somewhere.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I thought I was going home after the week was up to pack, and at that point I could go online. If that's not possible, I could try using the phone somewhere else to get online so as not to reveal the safehouse position just in case, or I can use it here if everyone else is okay with it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Well we can't take the car, its too hot. It needs to head to the bottom of a very big lake, or maybe a chop shop." Clay muses for a bit."Any other ideas on transportation?"
gm,do I know a chop shop I could do a swap with maybe?
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clay,There has to be a limit to Clay's criminal connections, he can get guns and stolen bits and pieces, he'll knows lads that steal cars to joy ride, but that is really isn't what he needs any connections he can find will be in London and h doesn't want to drive a stolen car all the way to London (100+ miles). Be aware you've used a up a lot of favours getting access to this safe house and there wasn't any cash forthcoming - ie Clay is up to his neck.
Liz,there is phone signal on the farm and locations Liz can go which wouldn't implicate the safe house.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Well I'm out of ideas and favors. Any other ideas guys on how to get out of here?" Clay asks.
ghill,oh yea I figured that, was just trying to come up with ideas to get us moving. I'm stumped on what to do, I think all of us are.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clay,Clay is a criminal stealing a car is for him a relatively simple task, source the cars from long stay car parks (airports would be ideal, but even a railway car parks, typically gives you 5-8 hours usage, and keep changing the cars - just describe Clay leaving and returning with a car. Some low end saloon and I wont even require die rolls.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, town's just a few miles away," says Liz. "I could walk it if I had to, but I'd prefer a bicycle. Once there, I can use my phone without pointing back to the safe house. I could call for a cab and also get online."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"No, just ever everything ready, I'll go get another car. Should be back in a couple hours." Clay takes some water and a couple tools and heads out.
ghill,I'll go find the nearest parking lot get something cheap and return.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

About an hour and a half later Clay return with a smile on his face and a perfectly non descript two year old ford focus. Clay says its theft wont be discovered for several hours, they'll be safer if they leave the area, and he can secure another car as needed.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Great, let's go!" says Liz, gathering her stuff. "As much as I enjoy playing Civilization IV on my laptop, it's time I got out and did stuff. Besides, I need to get online. I feel like I'm blind without Internet access."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

I'll stay with the first name Jacob and change my family name to Clark. I'll choose the birth date of a friend of mine, it will be easy to remember. The new shaved face and a new hair style will do the trick.
Jacob replies
I thought about forging our own kidnapping, maybe the "Albanian gangsters" can send a request for ransom to be deposited in Birmingham? This will lead the police to a different path of investigation. Liz, can you send such a request from anonymous email?
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Jacob,Trying to mislead the police is a risky proposition. At the moment the police have no connection between Jacob and any crime, apart from his car, which doesn't implicate him in any a crime anyway. A letter suggesting he's been kidnapped would by its nature be considered "wasting police time" a criminal offence, if it was ever discovered.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay thinks for a bit, "Why don't I play your brother traveling with you, Liz. Might remove some suspicion of you travelling with a group of guys. Make mine Joe O'brien. Should be easy enough to remember. Besides if they stop to question us, we are already busted. I like the fake ransom idea, but that's another felony wracked up. Are you sure you want to go down that path?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, that makes sense you being my brother," says Liz. "We'll have to space our supposed ages at least nine months apart, or it will look a bit odd. And Jaocb ought to go by Jake, so it's less obvious. I don't think we should send a fake ransom note. I might be able to pull it off, but if they trace it back, we're sunk. Besides, this lot have kidnapped before and never demanded a ransom. I think we're best off leaving well enough alone. If the police are halfway competent, the thought that we might have been kidnapped will have crossed their minds without us having to wave it in front of their faces."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   Can I assume the itinerary is straight to Albert's house, with a short stop off at an internet cafe for Liz to log on and get in touch with Andy.  
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

Ok, so I have everyone's aliases. Let's get get back to my place and I can make a start.

Clay, I'm assuming you'll dispose of the car once we're back?
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale

Return to “Watch the World Burn”