CH2-4a Safe House

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

CH2-4a Safe House

Post by ghill »

Eventually Clay receives directions to a farm a few miles away, here you are met by a crusty old farmer who directs you to a shabby looking old barn. Inside this someone has dropped a tired but functional portacabin. The portacabin has beds water, heating and electricity as well as a reasonable store of food but little else. In additon there is space to hide the Volvo away from prying eyes.
Healing,There is simple first aid equipment to allow you to treat the injuries you have (first aid, remember can be applied to each individual injury) , in addition at this point Greg can use his [b]Medicine[/b] skill to provide additional healing over the next week (assuming you stay).
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: CH2-4a Safe House

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I'm not sure how many HP I lost, but I already got successful First Aid applied to all three of my injuries. The punch was only 1 damage, so that's healed now. The stab wound and gunshot wound have each been healed for 2. Is it possible to access the Internet from here? If I can't get online on my laptop, can I get a signal on my phone at least?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Internet,there is no wireless or network connection at the safe house there is however a poor signal for mobile phones.
House rule: GSW,I going to clarify what is essentially a house rule here, without a proper first aid kit all you can do with a gun shot wound is stop any further HP loss from bleeding/exacerbation, tearing off a shirt sleeve just wont cut it. NB Yes, you can fabricate a first aid kid from household materials, in the same way you can splint a broken arm with sticks and rags. First aid rolls made during this gunfight stand.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay hides the car and then looks for some 1st aid. He has 2-3 scratches, but only after everyone else is taken care of.

"We can lay low here for a bit".
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

Greg, my hand, I got shot.
Jacob says with broken voice.
...and my Volvo ... it looks like a strainer.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm not too bad off, considering," says Liz. "I can assist Greg before getting looked after myself."
OOC,[b]Greg[/b] had said he was letting us use his first aid kit, but if that wasn't available I can get treated now. Does that mean I don't heal any HP from the gunshot wound even after that, or do I get them back when I get treated?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

HPs,Just to clarify if you made any first aid rolls for a GSW during the fire fight, then you stopped the bleeding, but you didn't get the HP's back until you go the safe house and have access to proper first aid materials.
OOC: Liz,- First Aid Kits, Greg had a small first kit it on his belt it it simply wasn't going to provide the necessary materials to deal with the number of injuries the team suffered. However see above. For future consideration you might want to make sure everyone is carrying an individual first aid kit.
OOC: Jacob,In the absence of Imp Jacob gets 3HP back from First Aid followed by HP4 over the ensuing week assuming bed rest and Medical care.
OOC: Albert,In the absence of Imp Albert gets 2HP back from First Aid followed by HP6 over the ensuing week assuming bed rest and Medical care.
OOC: Clay,If Clay needs first Aid Greg ensures First Aid for 2HP, 2HP (I believe Clay had 2 injuries) and a further 3HP over the week assuming proper medical care. Clay also gets a phone call from his friend saying asking whether he knows Jacob or an Albert because the police are looking for them to help with enquiries - you might want to get rid of mobile phones, before the police start looking for them.
OOC:   NPCing Greg in Imp's absence.  
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

After getting a couple bandages, Clay smiles. "Thanks doc. Hey just heard from my contact, we have issues, seems the police are looking for you two." Nodding in the direction of Albert and Jacob. "This could be bad, but since they've identified you, we probably want to collect cell phones. So turn them off, take your batteries out. That should keep them from tracking us."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Good thinking," says Liz, nodding. She shuts off her mobile and pops out the battery. "That'll keep me offline, at least until we can get some pay-as-you-go phones for cash. We should all go off the grid, just in case they associate the rest of us with you two. Then they could find you by tracking us." She goes back to helping the injured. "Good deal we've got decent medical supplies here. From now on, we should each carry a personal first aid kit when we go anywhere."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

The only way they could have ideed Jacob and myself is from our car plates - unless the girl's talking already - I introduced myself with my full name and Quirky is kind of a, er, well a quirky name. I'm pretty sure I only introduced Liz and Jacob by first names.

They should have no reason to impound my car - it's legally parked and had nothing to do with the shoot-out. It should still be parked there, so I'm not sure how they make the connection between the car and me being in the shoot-out - unless the girl has talked already.

It would be good to see if we can recover my car and my gear from it.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Help with Inquiries,Any good police investigation will try and eliminate absolutely every single lead. The police will have checked the registration of every vehicle at the scene and obtained the registered keepers. As far as they are concerned Jacob and Albert might well be material witnesses to a very violent crime, or they might have had their cars stolen. Either way as both of you have serious gun shot wounds (GSW) you really don't want to have to talk to the police right now.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

Yes, my car and cell phone were stolen
Jacob say with sarcasm
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, if they can't find either of you," says Liz, "maybe they'll think you died in the fire. And I don't think Fay's in any condition to be talking so soon. She's lucky to be alive. Andy's in hospital with her, so if I go online and contact him through his site, I can ask him about her condition and see if he can get a chance to talk to her."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   OK guys for most of you the next week is spent being bored and generally in pain and discomfort, you are at this point without transport apart from the Volvo. There is no phone line or internet connection (unless you are using a mobile) The only form of entertainment in the house is a battered looking radio

The incident is top story on the radio and one presumes the newspapers and TV. The incident is described in the news as being described as a major gun battle, Involving as many as 20 people. The number of fatalities has reached eight, two of whom were found in an abandoned car the day after the shooting, the fatalities include Mr and Mrs Merrit a retired couple living next door. Police are looking for the Jacob as owner of a car seen leaving the scene of the crime, and Albert because his car was found at the scene of crime and because police believe he spoke to Fay before the incident took place. Police have identified the attackers as Albanians, but have not at this point drawn any links (or if they have they aren't talking about them)

What next?  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Well, I'm not going be bored. There is one other form of entertainment: my laptop has a bunch of games on it that can be played offline, as long as I can plug it in so it doesn't lose its charge. Also, if [b]Albert[/b] mentions that he salvaged the hard drive from the house, I can also hook it up to the laptop and see what's on it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay spends his time checking the perimeter, making sure we have the supplies we need. I want to see what we can do about getting rid of the guns we used in the gun fight, and get us some replacements.
Then working out and getting some rest.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clay knows taking the guns out and burying them somewhere in the middle of the woods is probably good enough, but he could go to the effort of taking them apart and disposing them in multiple different locations would if he wants to be even safer.

After a few days of effort Liz starts to pull stuff out of the recalcitrant hard drive, an initial look over the contents seems to indicate its more a family all purpose computer than a specific work computer.
E-mails:,Liz discovers an email thread in which Professor Gosshamm first lays out his proposition suggesting the Verbetoi are the last remaining elements of a progenitor civilization which existed over 15,000 years ago. He seems to indicate the fragments of the writing people found in Malta are actually copies by later less educated peoples after the Verbetoi moved to the area of ancient Illyria (modern day Albania). [A word doc is attached to the first mail - This paper is a more polished copy of the one Liz saw in Gosshamms office, the ideas are well formed, the evidence and arguments well-structured and well presented, but they are not conclusive. The archaeological evidence particularly is open to a great deal of interpretation, its probably not ready for peer review. Mathers come back is to constructively destroy Gosshamm's proposition on the basis that there is not enough supporting evidence and what evidence he does have is open to interpretation. Gosshamm's response is that there is almost further evidence on Malta, but the authorities have closed down the digs for the foreseeable future Mathers response is that he should move his search to Albania. The final post in the thread is a mail from Maria Demachi, in which Maria indicates she is and Gosshamm are heading into the Northern Mountains and that Gosshamm has some clues about where to go from evidence he gathered in Malta. This last mail is only a few days before the Prof's death.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz shows the others what she's found. "There may be more evidence to support Gosshamm's theories in Malta," she says, "but as he said, the dig sites are off limits. He was planning to head to Albania next, and that's prolly why they went after him, because they were afraid he'd find something more. We may want to head directly there. We could meet up with Maria Demachi if we go; we already have her address."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Well it beats the hell out of hanging out here. I say we go." Clay chimes in. "What do you think is the best way to get there from here?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, a plane would be faster," says Liz, "but then we'd have to use our passports, and the system might flag Jacob and Albert - or the rest of us, if they're looking for us too. We'd prolly need to take a boat to avoid that, going by way of the Mediterranean. If we do that, we may as well stop at Malta as it's on the way, and maybe we can turn something up. Before we leave, I'd like to get online and contact Andy to let him know where we're going and find out how he and Fay are doing, and if he knows anything else."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Watch the World Burn”