CH2-4a Safe House

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: CH2-4a Safe House

Post by ghill »

OOC:   Assuming you don't do anything violent/illegal you can assume you get Albert's and he can start work. You can locate somewhere to get internet (other than Alberts) You can conduct any personal admin.  
OOC: Papa,Assuming you get to your tools/equipment and have time then creating believable passports which will hold up to reasonable scrutiny (ie by a person with a trained eyeball) is not a difficult task for you. You need a [b]forgery[/b] roll per passport, but only fumbles are relevant (basically, you'll see and remedy any mistakes until they're fixed but with a fumble you've cocked up but don't realise it) Each passport is going to take you a days work. Credit cards slightly less so. You'll need forgery rolls for these as well. Failures will still look credible but simply wont work. I'll assume with your forgery skill you can source some credit card numbers.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz sends PMs back and forth with Andy while at the Internet cafe, and she also looks for articles about the incident at the house in Kenilworth, the murder of Mathers and his wife in Wales, and the "overdose" of Grundy in London. "Andy's still in hospital," she tells the others. "He doesn't know whether or not he'll need skin grafts. Fay is stable but still sedated. He learned that her parents were killed while in Wales, no doubt by the same lot that did for Gosshamm. And Professor Grundy at the University College of London died of an apparent overdose. I suppose this means they've learned how to be subtle. We may want to head to London first to check that out, then visit Wales to investigate the Mathers murders while we're waiting for our documents, before we leave the country. I've let Andy know where we're thinking of heading. Anything else anyone wants to tell or ask him while I'm online?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Andy location,Actually Liz can see from the routing details of Andy's post that he is probably in a hotel somewhere near Warwick, Greg says from his recollection of his injuries he was probably let out at around the same time he gave them the all clear.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Once in town Clay dumps the stolen car a few miles from the house, walks to the 2nd nearest bus stop and rides that back to the loft.
"Great more waiting. Rough job that fire, any leads on what that was. Both times, that didn't look like natural fire. How the hell do you fight that?" Clay sits down and flicks on the tele looking for a match.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Fire extinguishers, that's how," says Liz. "I killed two of those things with one. We need to pick up some more of those handheld ones. Fireproof clothing would sure help too. It did last time." She looks at the laptop's screen. "According to the routing information, Andy's not in hospital any more. He's at a hotel in the vicinity of Warwick. Why don't we drop in on him?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay smiles, "Fire extenguishers. Great idea. Do you think its smart to drop in on him? Could be a trap by the police, or they could be watching the place."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm sure Andy wouldn't have sold us out," says Liz, "and he'd have done it already if he were going to. It's a good point that they might be watching the place, though. I could ask him to meet us somewhere nearby and make sure nobody follows him. Unless you think maybe the coppers could have hacked his account, but I doubt it. They're not me."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

Too risky for me ... but I need to test my new identity outside, shaved and with a new hat and cloth.
Jacob says
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

Forgery,Target:80 Passports x 6: 6 successes http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4481278/ Credit Cards x 6: 4 success, 2 fails (possible 1 fumble, what do we fumble on?) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4481279/ Driving licenses x 3: 2 success, 1 critical http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4481280/ (licenses for Albert, Jacob & Clay)
Albert spends a busy couple of days in his 'office' living off take-aways and coffee.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, the police are looking for you and Albert," Liz says to Jacob, "but not me, Clay, or Greg. I'd be willing to take the chance."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   As previously discussed its a 4 and a bit hour car journey from Albert's house to the vicinity of Warwick. So not really an issue if you wish. Alternatively, you could ask him to come to you or to some middle ground.  
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay was kicked back watching the latest match, "Just let me know when we need a ride and I'll get us one."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Guys go here
OOC:   If you want to do anything before the events in the next thread. Please add to this thread  
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

While the others are busy plotting their future, Jacob decides to test his new identity. He will get out from the safe house and walk a little bit in the streets, trying to figure out if someone is following him. He will use a new hat and sunglasses, wearing a new outfit that is completely different from the regular Rabbi black suit.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Used to both his clothes and look, Jacob keeps catching sight of a stranger reflected in shop windows only to realise moments later the 'stranger' is himself. After an hour walking the streets Jacob is confident no one is following him. Nor does he get the idea that the shoot out & house fire is top news story at the moment. That seems to be about a Nasa spacecraft sending back historic first pictures of an unexplored region of Mars.

Return to “Watch the World Burn”