CH2-3b Saving Lives - the street (Andy/Clay/Greg)

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

CH2-3b Saving Lives - the street (Andy/Clay/Greg)

Post by ghill »

Andy walks down the street his mobile phone stuck between his ear and his shoulder trying to make sense of the map he printed off Google while listening to 'Jock' Cairns, the evening standards late edition.

"Alright Andy, Will says you do good words, so if you can give me 300 words by four this afternoon and I'll stick it in somewhere on page..." the phone goes dead, looking at it Andy realises his phone has gone from full to zero signal. Looking at the map one last time Andy see's Mathers' house is two doors further down.

In Jacob's car Greg tries to zone out Clay's gentle snoring while keeping one eye on the road and one ear on the conversation between the others and Mathers' daughter. All of a sudden the phone cuts off. Greg gentle nudges Clay. Clay have you got any batteries I think the batteries in my headset have given out.
OOC:   Can I have Spot hidden from everyone and an additional Listen roll for Andy  
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: CH2-3b Saving Lives - the street (Andy/Clay/Greg)

Post by BenTheRat »

"What, I wasn't sleeping." Clay says sitting up and rubbing his eyes. "What the hell, I just charged this last night."
OOC:   Spot Hidden = 45, [dice]0[/dice]  
"Did you see that?'
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Adrew Wade

Andrew looks at his phone in puzzlement for a second, waves the phone about a bit in a vain attempt to regain the signal. With a shrug of his shoulders he puts his phone back into his jacket pocket. Uncapping a biro he makes a quick note on the map he'd printed 'signal blackspot - ask Dan' before stuffing the pen and paper into another pocket.

Once again he sets of towards Mathers' house, then stops and looks about....
Cloth ears!,[ooc][b]Adrew Wade[/b] Listen 40%: [dice]0[/dice][/ooc]
... carries on walking, stopping to take in the house, trying to get a feel... making a few mental notes to add colour to the piece he'll have to write and file.

He pats his outside jacket pocket to make sure he has his notebook and mp3-player, a habit picked up from many, many interviews and steps onto the driveway.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Andy finds there is already a conversation going on in the driveway. Three people, a well dressed young man*, a casually dressed young lady and a skinny older man a leather bikers jacket and cowboy boots all talking to a young lady standing in the doorway who matches the description Andy has of Mathers' daughter. [Andy leaves this thread and goes Here ]

Clay spots a reasonably dressed young man as he turns into the driveway to Mathers' house, as he does so Clay notices a transit van pull up across the road and half a dozen men jump out all of them are armed in some manner. Beside him Greg suddenly groans we've got company behind us and they've just blocked the road.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay springs into action, he knows an ambush when he sees it. He rolls out of the car door and yells up to Liz, "Ambush". He comes up opening the back door as well so he has a door on either side and the car in front. Taking a look on all sides, Clay tries and gets a quick count of how many we are looking at.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:  
ghill wrote: Clay spots a reasonably dressed young man as he turns into the driveway to Mathers' house, .
Is that Andy? Andy is 40.. which is confusing me... sorry G, can you clarify?  
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Age,Andy 40! OK sorry I must have misread, I thought he was 30's which from my POV = young :) ...Yes young man = Andy
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clay can see six men jump out of the Van and maybe another five(?) struggling out of the car behind them. There are other cars on the road at the moment and its not clear to him which of these might also be involved.

One of the men stumbling out of the car raises a shotgun to his shoulder and fires at the car the blast leaves the car's rear window cracked and broken.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay realizes we are highly outnumbered, and outgunned, Clay throws a shot at the guy with the shotgun and then sprints for the door, "Get your ass in the house." Towards the guy walking on the sidewalk, "Get off the street." Hopefully Liz and everyone is going into the house, if not I'm hoping me running and yelling at them will get them moving.
As I get close to the door, the idea is to tackle everyone into the doorway and off to one side.
OOC:   wild shot: [dice]0[/dice]  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg had also seen the van on approach and hunkered down seconds before the shotgun sang out. "Oh shit...."

He pointed his handgun toward the man with the shotgun and also took a quick shot as he followed the others toward the house, but His shot was way off the mark. "I don't know if going into a house is the best idea. They like to burn those down to the ground," he reminded the others. "But it's a better alternative at this point than getting shot on the spot!"
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clay and Greg go here

Return to “Watch the World Burn”