Page 1 of 1

CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:38 am
by ghill
Inquiries about Professor Grundy at UCL's School of Slavonic and Eastern European Studies reveal Grundy phoned in sick recently - (nothing suspicious) apparently its the the result of a long term back injury. This is a regular occurrence which doesn't raise any suspicions beyond the fact the back injury frequently coincides with major sporting events (specifically Rugby world Cup and Formula 1).

Inquiries about Professor Mathers at University of Warwick's School of Russian, Eurasian and Eastern European Studies indicates he is on a short sabbatical (started before Gosshams death and is due to end in a week or so's time)

Trying to get the either college to reveal the Prof's home details is a difficult Persuade

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:08 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Can I try to find the details online? What about email addresses?

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:35 am
by ghill
OOC:   Getting e-mail addresses both work/private is not really a problem although it takes a few hours. Again what is the substance of your emails.  

Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:46 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I think we should have [b]Albert[/b] send the email from his Brichester account, and we need to be consistent with what we tell [b]Maria[/b], as they're likely to talk to each other. We should tell them that we believe that the professor was murdered by an Albanian organized crime outfit led by a known terrorist (the old man seen in the video) and mention what they were responsible for in London (though not our own roles in those events), and that we suspect they targeted him because of his latest research. We should emphasize that the three of them could be in danger as well due to their connection to him and the fact that they were sent copies of his latest work, especially [b]Maria[/b], who is in Albania, and [b]Professor Grundy[/b], since they are known to operate in London.

Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:46 pm
by Papa Gateau
I don't think we want to be too alarmist with our tone. We want them to take this threat seriously. Do we want them running to the police?

We need to somehow engage their trust that we want to help them - they could easily think that we are the bad guys and that this is a ruse to get at them.

I think that we should frame an email something along the lines:

"Dear whoever,

I was a colleague of Professor Gossham at the faculty of languages here at Brichester.

We are trying to recover all the copies of his latest thesis as it is believed that it may have a connection to his senseless murder.

We believe that he sent you a copy. We would be grateful if we could meet at your earliest convenience to return your copy.

I do not wish to alarm you but we have been told that possession of this document may put your own life at risk.

If you have any hesitations or doubts please call me on 07973 889964

Yours etc

If they phone up then we can arrange to meet them - we can explain that the police don't really want the thesis motive as public knowledge and that they asked the college to approach Gossham's associates in trying to recover the copies, so as not to raise suspicions.

Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:22 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg nodded, sounded like a decent plan... honesty was always a good policy. But he wondered aloud, "What if they are already compromised? Then our email alerts the Verbotoi goon squad, and they come looking for us."

Greg said to Liz, "Do you think you could find the name of Grundy's doctor and his office? I could perhaps gleam some information about his back condition and use my medical skills to get his address and an opportunity with him."

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:41 pm
by royya
Send the email anonymously ... from a different ip address. They will not be able to track us down and put different phone number.
Jacob suggest.

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:41 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Patient confidentiality in the UK means they would never give Greg any details without Grundy's permission. Actually thinking about it there is almost no way to find out which doctor's surgery he goes to :(  

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:39 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Sounds like a plan," says Liz. "I think I can reroute the email so it looks like it's coming from a different IP and put in a few extra levels of indirection to make it harder to trace back to us. The best way to get information about Grundy's doctor would prolly be from Grundy himself, once we convince him to trust us."

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:42 am
by ghill
OOC:   OK a few contradictions here, you have Albert sending the email from his Brichester account, then Jacob suggesting changing the name and telephone number and then Liz suggesting she covers the back trail? I'll assume the mails are sent to speed things up, but if you're using Albert's college email address any precautions seem irrelevant. BTW there is no immediate response from either mail address.  
OOC:   Shauna the Prof's Girl Friday, Probably has contact details for both these people.  

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:50 am
by Mr. Handy

"Although...I'd bet Shauna might know how to reach them," adds Liz. "She and I are chums now, so I could try to find out from her."

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:47 am
by ghill
OOC:   A simple Persuade will get Shauna to hand over the addresses for both men. Actually, in order to move the story along a bit lets assume she passes the contact details of both men over. There is no answer from either man's phone, neither is there any kind of response to the emails. Professor Mathers has a cute answerphone with his whole familly (Wife, daughter and himself) all taking a part. Calls to Grundy's mobile or house phone both go to the same generic answer phone.

Grundy's home is in East Dulwich, London. Mathers’ home in on the outskirts of the town of Kenilworth (half way between the Royal Lemington Spa and the Industrial town of Coventry) They are nearly but not quite equidistant from Brichester.  

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:33 am
by BenTheRat
"So who's up for a road trip?" Clay asks.

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:34 am
by Mr. Handy

"Sounds good to me," says Liz. "London's my old stomping grounds, and the prof there is not on holiday, so I'd like to go there. We could also split up to cover both faster."

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:02 am
by royya
The plot thickens ...
Jacob says and sighs
let's go

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:30 pm
by Papa Gateau
Well Kenilworth isn't too far out of the way - a quick trip up the M5 and then we can take the M40 back to London, get them both in a single road trip

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:00 am
by Mr. Handy

"All right," says Liz, "we can do that."

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:48 am
by ghill
Assuming you all want to go, Its possible for the five of you to squeeze into Jacob's Volvo and Albert's old BMW estate (once he's taken out the photography equipment)
OOC:   If I don't hear from ImpIT or BenTR in the next 24 hours, then assume as NPCs they're quite happy to follow your lead.  

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:17 am
by BenTheRat
"Sounds good, Shotgun." Clay speaks up.

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:44 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg shrugged, "Don't see what other choice we have really. Let's go. ... SHOTGUN!" He looked at Clay - having only been a second behind the man's statement and shook his head, "All right... you got it this time."

Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:53 am
by ghill
OOC:   What is the plan? How are you approaching this? You have two cars, five people and the knowledge that a number of extremely violent people may be lurking about - you may want some kind of plan.  
Shotgun,Very definitely an American tradition, not a British one, one can only assume Clay watches to much TV.

Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:26 pm
by BenTheRat
shotgun,yep, way too much tv. you know how young kids are these days.
"So we going in all Dirty Harry, or what?" Clay asks?

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:17 am
by Mr. Handy

"Well, speaking of shotguns, we ought to be armed," says Liz, "just in case any of those killers show up. But we should keep our weapons concealed unless they're needed. We'll take the friendly approach as long as the coast is clear."

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:35 am
by ghill
This is my rifle. There are many others like it...,Remember only Clay knows where the weapons are kept and he didn't bring any of them with him. If you want any of the weapons with you you'll/he'll need to take one of the cars and get them. Clay says its at least an 8 hour round trip.

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:07 pm
by Papa Gateau
"Seriously? Guns? Well if you want them, they go in your car.

Looks it's getting late and we've all had a couple of beers. Let's get some sleep and head out early in the morning - say five, five thirty, we should get to Kenilworth for eight-ish, we can try and doorstep him after his breakfast.

"

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:33 pm
by royya
I agree. pick me up from my synagogue in the morning, I will go for a morning pray.
Jacob says as he writes down the address.
shotgun,I wasn't familiar with the slang shotgun.

Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:18 am
by Mr. Handy

"All right," says Liz. "It would take a while to get weapons, so we may be better off just going to these addresses right off rather than risk getting there too late. If we're leaving that early, I'd better crash now."

Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:45 am
by ghill
OOC:   OK, So its up to BenTR as to whether Clay goes and gets the firearms. But doing so takes most of the night. Remember you are in Brichester not in London, so everyone will have to find a place to sleep whether this is dossing at Alberts or finding a room in a local hotel (either way its not a problem). Unless anyone has anything pressing to ask/do I'll move us to Kenilworth with my next post.  

Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:15 am
by Papa Gateau
Albert fetches some spare bedding "There's the sofa in the front room, a sofa bed in the studio and my double bed plus the floor - make yourselves comfortable folks! I'll set the alarm for 4:45 - time for a coffee and some toast and then we can head out"

He heads into the studio, clears some equipment off the sofa and opens it out into the bed. He then prepares some kit for the following day, ensuring his batteries are charged and he has plenty of memory cards.

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:18 am
by Mr. Handy

"Cheers," says Liz. "Night all." She sacks out on the sofa bed, sleeping in her clothes.

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:05 pm
by BenTheRat
"I'd rather go in ready that be hung out to dry. I take you don't want anything Albert?" Clay makes sure he has a good headcount of who wants something and he'll make the trip. Its a long drive, but he can sleep the next day in the car he's thinking.

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:48 pm
by ghill
A very tired Clay returns just as everyone is preparing to leave. He has the same canvas bag you saw several months ago (although this time it smells slightly moldy, rather than of gym socks). He sleeps for the entire two hour journey north to Kenilworth.

Kenilworth is small and beautiful town which lies in the heart of leafy Warwickshire. Mathers’ home is on the towns outskirts a group of about four houses on a quite country lane backing onto fields. Mathers' house looks like a large four bedroom detached house with separate garage. It is separated from its neighbors on both sides by thick hawthorn hedge, with a low brick wall to the front. The house looks asleep (curtains drawn etc)

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:35 pm
by BenTheRat
"What the hell, we're already here, did you fly or something, I just closed my eyes." Clay yawns, "maybe best of you go up there without me, yell if you need me."

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:37 am
by Mr. Handy

"Right, you can stay on watch out front,' says Liz. "I'll go in, but not by myself. I'm not the best for talking to people - or for fighting, if we get jumped."

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:01 pm
by Papa Gateau
"I'll go with Liz, the emails were sent from my address"

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:10 pm
by ghill
"Right I'll stay here with sleepy head here then" says Greg. "We probably don't want to go in there looking mob handed"

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:59 pm
by Papa Gateau
Ok Greg, keep an eye the street - those goons turn up give a long blast on the horn. Right Lizzie, you ready pretty lady? Got our cover story sorted in your head? Let's go!

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:22 am
by Mr. Handy

"Right," says Liz with a smile as she gets out of the car. "I'll be your assistant, and I'm also Shauna's mate."

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:03 pm
by royya
I'll join you. A young Rabbi is never a threat.
Jacob says

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:11 pm
by BenTheRat
"Why don't you keep your blue tooth open so we can hear whats going on and know if there is trouble." Clay suggests.

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Good thinking," says Liz, attaching the Bluetooth device to her ear and opening a channel.

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:51 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg said, "Heaven forbid... should any of you get injured, let me know. I made sure my medical bag was all stocked up on supplies before coming."

Greg double-checked his weapon to make sure it was still operational, and loaded, and in the safe mode so no accidental shootings occured on account of him. "Thanks for saving the guns, Clay. I was hoping we didn't need to use them ever again... but it is what it is." After he sets his handgun down, he starts fidgetting with his own bluetooth device to get it working so he can stay in the loop. "Good luck guys and girls."

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:49 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Cheers!" says Liz. "You too." The weight of the mini-shotgun under her coat reassures her and makes her feel safer.

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:34 am
by ghill
As the three of you walk though the gateway the curtain by the doorway twitches. Moments later the door opens to an attractive young girl in her late teens. "Can I help you"

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:13 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz lets Albert take the lead here and waits for him to speak.

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:03 pm
by BenTheRat
Clay stays down in the car seat but is keeping an eye on the goings on and through the bluetooth should be able to hear everything. Meanwhile, he checks his own piece to make sure its loaded.

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:51 am
by Papa Gateau
Good morning Albert says cheerily I'm Albert, Albert Quirky from Brichester University. I know it's early but I was hoping to have a word with your...father. Is he about, it's rather urgent.

He smiles warmly and then glances towards Liz and introduces her "This is Lizzie my assistant - she keeps me organised and out of trouble!. Well, most of the time anyway!"

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:52 pm
by ghill
The girl gives a weak smile at Liz and Albert then peeks around the door at Jacob "Are you with these two?"
OOC:   Can I have Psychology rolls from Jacob, Liz and Albert please  

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:25 pm
by Papa Gateau
OOC:   Sorry - I missed the post where Jacob joined us

Psychology Roll[5] [dice]0[/dice]  
Yep, that's Jake, he's with us too, sharing the driving duties. Thought you wanted to take a quick nap after the drive Jake? Decide against it in the end? he turns back to the young lady Sorry, wasn't planning on crowding your doorstep! Is Professor Mathers home? It really is quite important that we speak with him miss...?

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:53 pm
by ghill
"Um dads not here at the moment he'll be back in a bit"
OOC: Albert,Albert thinks the girl is nervous, although not necessarily of them as her gaze keeps straying over their heads.

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:06 am
by Mr. Handy

"Hi," says Liz with a grin and a wave when she's introduced. She observes the girl while Albert speaks to her and gets a decent read.
OOC,Made it exactly!

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:18 pm
by ghill
OOC: Liz,The girl is clearly anxious, while talking to Albert, she's also flicking between faces and looking behind you as though she expects someone to appear.

Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:09 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz glances back, following the girl's gaze, then turns to face her again. "Is everything all right?" she asks, concern in her voice.

Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:32 am
by ghill
"We've had burglaries around here before and I saw two men hanging around yesterday, I guess I'm a bit more jumpy about it than I thought"

Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:53 pm
by royya
Jacob keeps his distance as he prefers Liz to handle the conversation bit close enough to hear what they talk about.

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:26 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Quite understandable," says Liz. "What did they look like?"

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:56 pm
by BenTheRat
Clay can't help but worry at this point, "Ask her if the 2 men might have followed her father? and if so, where did he go?"

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:23 am
by ghill
OOC: Assuming LIz follows Clay's prompt.

"Um no, they didn't follow dad"
OOC:   Another Psychology roll from those present (Liz, Jacob and Albert)  

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:26 am
by Mr. Handy

"What did they look like?" Liz asks again, unable to get a deeper understanding of her.
OOC,Yes, I would ask [b]Clay[/b]'s questions to follow up.

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:42 am
by ghill
"Er I don't want to appear, you know, to sound mean. They looked like pikey's. if you know what I mean. You know those thin leather jackets they wear, gold chains, sweat pants, they didn't look as though they'd washed for some days. I wasn't sure whether I should call the police, but when dad phoned up about the fly tipping in the field at the back of the house last year, the police didn't turn up for days, so I didn't bother."

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:50 am
by Mr. Handy

"You said yourself there were burglaries in the area," says Liz. "It might have been them. That's more serious than fly tipping, and I think the police would do something. If it were me, I'd call them."

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:57 am
by ghill
"Your probably right" says the girl clearly looking relieved at being taken seriously "I just didn't want to seem like a worry wort. Anyway, dad isn't here do you want me to take your details and get him to ring you?"

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:33 pm
by royya
ooc - Invisible castle is down. ghill, can you roll for me the psychology roll.

Jacob tries to analyse the woman.

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:40 am
by Mr. Handy

"Well, what time do you expect him back?" asks Liz.

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:32 am
by ghill
Jacob Psychology,Jacob believes the girl is being disingenuous about her father 'being out' she's not telling the whole truth. He thinks either she doesn't know when he'll be back or knows he wont be back anytime soon.
The girl looks at Liz for a moment "Um... this evening sometime I guess, but he said he'd ring to tell me what their plans were"
OOC:   Clay and Greg go here please  

Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:10 am
by Mr. Handy

"We were hoping he'd be back sooner," says Liz, "as when we got here you said he'd be back in a bit." She looks at Albert. "Shall we go somewhere else until then?"

Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:56 pm
by ghill
As Liz addresses Albert, they all three become aware of the crunch of gravel as a young man walks into the driveway.
OOC:   Can I have listen rolls from everyone but Andy  

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:40 am
by Mr. Handy

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:19 am
by ghill
From the other side of the hedge there is the sound of car doors opening and someone (Clay for those who recognise it) yells "AMBUSH" at the top of their voice. This is followed moments later by the sound of a shotgun.

In the doorway the girl now with the door halfway open, looks startled and unsure of what to do. As the shotgun blast rings out she turns and rushes back into the house for a nearby phone.

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:04 pm
by carnage_lee
Andrew Wade

As he takes in the scene on the doorstep he things to himself "Damn... someone else has got a sniff of the story and they got here first... shit!" Under the assumption that the two talking to the girl are also journalists. The sudden cry of "AMBUSH" stops him in his tracks. The load blast that follows sends Andrew into a crouching spin as he turns around towards the street.

Shocked by the scene he yells "Get inside... call the police!"

Andrew briefly considered grabbing some of the larger stones from the drive and borrowing them through the front windows of the houses opposite, but discounted that... the shotgun blast would draw a response from any one nearby... hopefully they'd get straight onto the phone too. He looks out into the road, trying to make out what is going on, looking to see how many attackers are there, how many are armed and what with.

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:17 pm
by ghill
OOC:   A Spot hidden from Andrew to assess numbers please.  
As Andrew pokes his head back out into the road he can see two men crouched in the cover of a nearby car and the unmistakable pok! pok! sounds of rounds striking its bodywork. About 20 meters away he can see a bunch of guys running down the street towards him. As he leans out to get a better idea of numbers he feels a sudden pain in his hand as a bullet shatters a brick on the gatepost he's leaning against. Clearly there are people coming from the other direction as well!

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:51 pm
by Papa Gateau
Albert grabs Liz and pulls her through the front door, shouting "Jacob get the fuck in here now!", he pauses a fraction, waiting for Jacob before slamming the door and sliding locks into place.

He turns to the girl "Okay love, what's your name and is there a back way out of here? Is there anybody else in the house? The men out there are extremely dangerous - we need to get out of here, is there a way out through the garden?"

He turns to Liz "Can you get through to Clay see if he can get round to the back of the house with the car, if he's not too busy being shot at"

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:16 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Its at this point that Jacob and or Liz probably realise their blue-tooth headsets don't seem to be working.  
"I'm Fay Mathers there is a hedge and then its open fields until the road. But shouldn't we call the police" She already has the phone in her hand and is clearly dialing 999

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:54 pm
by carnage_lee
Andrew Wade
AW-Spot Hidden: 35,[dice]0[/dice]
Ducking back with a yelp as fragments of brick pepper his left hand, Andy swears loudly. Looking across at the men using the car for cover, he makes some snap decisions. He needs cover, proper cover and those two were caught up in this just like him. These lunatics were shooting, SHOOTING... if he didn't move he was dead!

He yells - "We need to get inside, the fuckers are everywhere! RUN FAST! INTO THE HOUSE NOW!"

With that he scoots off up the drive as fast as possible, thankful for his lack of height.. as he charges up the path he sees the people on the threshold duck inside...

"Wait... " he wails desperately, as the door starts to close....

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:04 pm
by Papa Gateau
Ok Fay we don't have time - this is a nice street, I promise you your neighbours will call the police about a gun battle on the street.

The men out there are after some research that your father has received, they've already killed one man for it. Do you remember if your dad has his laptop with him? Which room is his office?

He turns to Liz "I'll check the office, you need to get out of here with Fay. Head across the fields, flag down a car and head somewhere safe - a travelodge or something. I'll call you when I'm in the clear. Move fast, zig-zag, don't run in a straight line. Now GO GO GO!

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:35 pm
by ghill
Fay looks at Albert "Dad's taken his lap top with him"

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:20 pm
by Papa Gateau
He turns back to Fay Does he have another computer in his office?

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:52 pm
by ghill
Fay taps at the phone trying to get a dial tone. "Yeah he has this big old box under his desk, its upstairs at the back next door to the bath room. But why?"

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:59 pm
by Papa Gateau
"Because what they want may be on there as well!"

He turns to Liz "Ok the time for talking is over - take Fay and get as far away from here as you can!" and then back to Fay "Go with Liz, go now, your life depends on it!"

Albert risks a quick glance out of the window and heads up the stairs, looking for the office.

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:22 am
by Mr. Handy

"Bloody bluetooth's not working!" says Liz when she tries to call out. "They must be using a jamming device. Hope somebody on this block has a landline, but we can't wait for the bobbies to show up, it'll be too late. Just hope there aren't too many of them round the back." She gives Fay a forced smile and speaks in the best Austrian accent she can muster. "Come with me if you want to live." Then she tries to find the back door.

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:12 am
by ghill
Andrew: Piles into the doorway just as it starts to close.

Jacob/Liz/Albert: There is the sound of a shotgun blast, then shots (both outgoing and incoming) the the hallway becomes very crowded as Clay and Greg come piling through the doorway both with pistols drawn.
OOC:   Everyone is now inside the house.  

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:29 pm
by royya
"Sh'ma Yisrael"
Jacob exclaims as he sprints into the house, he takes the weapon Clay gave him and tries to find a hiding spot where he will be able to spot any of the assailant.

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:43 pm
by BenTheRat
Clay finds a window and peaks out, shutting any blinds or curtains to assess the situation outside.
"What the HELL did we just walk into? Liz, do we have a plan?".
ghill,I think my shot would have hit unless there were a lot of negatives on the shotgun guy. Do you want me to roll damage?

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:52 pm
by Papa Gateau
ooc,ghill: you need to back up a bit! Albert grabbed Liz and called Jacob into the house - when they were inside he slammed the door behind him and slid any bolts across - halfway down the last page I think! He just got everybody indoors when there was a shout of ambush and a stranger (Andrew) appeared by the gate - Greg, Clay, Andrew should all be outside the house.

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:43 pm
by ghill
Spoiler:
Clay, Clay's target was well outside the base range of the crappy piece of junk he calls a pistol, but yes Clay thinks he probably should have hit.
Spoiler:
Papa, No rewind, you were acting without waiting on responses from other players, and it certainly didn't happen instantly so I've ignored those pieces which don't match with events occurring to other PCs. If you'd done anything other than talk to Fay I'd have, had to telll you to wait for everyone to catch up.
From the timings point of view, you'd just be starting to close the door after Jacob when one or the other of Andy, Clay or Greg piled through.

Closing and bolting the door behind them Albert and Liz suddenly find their view of one another obscured by Clay, Greg and a new man whom neither recognise.

From his vantage point by the doorway Jacob can see no movement behind the wall (although as the wall is chest high it provides more than enough cover to someone crouching behind it)
The Home,A plan of the home can be found [url=http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-43102337.html]here.[/url] The back garden however is distinctly smaller around a third of the size

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:42 pm
by carnage_lee
Andrew Wade

Andy glances at the handguns sported by the two men he had followed into the house; wondering what he has wandered into. His initial impressions are that the people know each other and were somehow prepared for trouble, they had guns. Not that a couple of handguns would help, there were too many of those nutters outside and they would overrun any attempt to fight back.

He moves from the door trying to angle himself away from any direct line of fire through the door. "This door aint going to keep them out .. we need to keep moving."

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:50 am
by Mr. Handy

"I lead Fay out the back and get us away from here, find a travelodge or something far away," Liz tells Clay. "The rest of you get her dad's wossname in the box in his office, upstairs next to the toilet, under the desk. Then get out yourselves. We can't call out, they've got a jammer. Right, let's go." She pushes her sunglasses up the bridge of her nose and leads Fay through the lounge towards the conservatory and the back doors. As she makes her way through the house, she takes out her little shotgun and holds it ready just in case the bad guys are covering the rear.

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:31 pm
by carnage_lee
Andrew Wade

Andy looks at the young woman, 'Liz' she seemed to have the right idea.. or mostly. The gang outside obviously wanted something or someone and it involved these people... and now, by association... him! Those guys outside weren't messing about.

"There's no time, to go looking for stuff, he says franticly unless you can distract them a bit, slow them down try and make them think twice about storming through the front door." he looks pointedly at the pistols held by Clay and Jacob.

He then sees the sawn-off that Liz has just produced, his eyes goggle, this lot are tooled up, but they didn't have the air of villians[sup]1[/sup] "Have... have you ever used that Miss?" he asks.

[sup]1[/sup] Villian slang for criminal.
Edited in light of post below

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:54 pm
by ghill
Shotgun,Just to add some detail the shotgun Mr Handy describes as Liz's little shotgun is a crudely and viciously cut back browning auto 5, the sort of thing Andy expects to see in the hands of a 'real villain'.

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:58 pm
by Papa Gateau
Albert continues up the stairs and heads for the office, intent on finding the desktop computer.

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:03 pm
by BenTheRat
"I'll keep them from storming the castle for now, grab that box then lets get out of here." Clay looks out the window and if he sees anything move, he will throw a shot at it. "Pretty sure I hit one already. That should slow them down a bit."Trying to sound a lot more confident than he really was.

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:18 pm
by ghill
From the conservatory Liz can see a small neat garden and an extremely thick hawthorn hedge, its certainly not impassable, but boy is squeezing through going to be 'uncomfy'.
OOC:   Can I have a Spot Hidden from Jacob and Clay who are the only people to declare they are moving to a vantage point and from Albert as he looks for evidence of the home office.  

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:24 pm
by Papa Gateau
Spot Hidden[60],43 pass http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4335911/

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:23 pm
by ghill
Upstairs Albert spots the a pile of papers and an overflowing bin through an open doorway, pushing open the door he finds a cluttered office cum library. (Bedroom 3 on the plan at the front RHS of the house) The Computer in question is a huge tower box in a nest of wires.

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:06 am
by Mr. Handy

"Once," replies Liz as she leads Fay and Andy across the garden, looking around for any threats as she makes for the hedge. Good thing we're small, she thinks.

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:11 am
by Papa Gateau
Albert dashes across to the pc and pulls all the cables out the back. He takes a quick look through the papers on the desk and by the printer. He grabs any that look like the thesis, grabs the tower and heads back down the stairs.
Spot Hidden[60],look for thesis in the papers 76 fail http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4337017/

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:38 am
by carnage_lee
Andrew Wade

Andy makes a quick dash into the kitchen and scans for the knife block, looking to take a knife - preferably a vegetable knife, failing that a stout carving knife. Wouldn't be much use as weapons unless it came to close quarters but a knife would be better than his fists if it came to it.

Andy waits at the threshold between the open plan kitchen and dining room, staying away from direct view of the front window, keeping the two with pistols in sight, waiting for the guy that ran upstairs to come back. Least he could do was offer to carry anything.

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:25 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Andrew.Albert.Liz:, All on hold at the moment while we see what the others are up to, but especially as they are the ones watching the front.I'll give them 24hrs b4 I NPC them.  
Liz: starts to open the rather stiff French doors.
Andy: finds a rather large expensive looking knife block and assortment of blades.
Albert: Is flicking through the piles of papers on the desk.

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:44 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   Spot hidden = 45, [dice]0[/dice]  
Clay is looking out the window but seems more concerned with the people getting the computer upstairs, "come on, we don't have all day."

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:52 am
by royya
Spot (1d100=94)

Jacob is panicked and looks everywhere but fails to spot anything. He decides to change his position and move where Andy is, between the kitchen and the dining room.
ooc,what is the syntax for the "red" rolls you are doing ?

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:53 am
by carnage_lee
Andrew Wade

After selecting an appropriate knife and hoping to god he wouldn't have to use it he sees the side door. In a sudden panic he rushes over to make sure it's locked and if not does all he can to secure it.
Additional thoughts after looking at the floor-plan of the house properly.

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:41 pm
by ghill
Jacob and Andy: Both hear something heavy slam into the front door

Clay Perhaps, distracted by the sudden appearance of several men scaling the wall to his right, Clay is almost caught in the hail of gunfire that erupts from the two men who leap into the gateway on the left and open fire "Gangsta" style. Even so he feels a burning sensation across his forehead and a hammer blow to his shoulder.
OOC:   Clay takes a 1pt injury to his head and a further 3pts to his shoulder.  
Everyone is aware of the sound of gunfire to the front of the house

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:31 pm
by BenTheRat
"Damn it," Clay says as he falls to the ground, the world spinning for a minute. "To hell with this, everyone get the fuck out." Clay tries to get up and sprint into the back room, while trying to put pressure on the wound to his arm and stay low at the same time, but its more of a stumble, till he gets his feet under him.

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:30 pm
by carnage_lee
Andrew Wade

The font-door shakes struck by something heavy.. maybe someone kicking it; probably wouldn't hold out for long against a determined assault and the people outside were certainly that! And what on earth was that bloke doing upstairs? If those gunmen got in before he got downstairs he'd be trapped!

Andy yells at the man that's moved next to him "They'll be through that door in a mo, put a bullet through it, we need to slow them down!"

Shots ring out from the front, glass breaking and a yell of pain. The young guy, come stumbling up the dining room.. blood on his face and holding his shoulder, yelling for everyone to get out.

"Cover the front door! That other bloke's still upstairs!" Andy yells to the bloke near him and darts into the kitchen "He needs something to stop the bleeding." he adds. Andy looks around for a likely place for tea-towels.. opening drawers quickly.
OOC:   some rolls..
Andy: Spot Hidden 35 [dice]0[/dice]
Andy: Luck 65 [dice]1[/dice]

It's Andy's intention to get some tea-towels to help Clay and then suggest that he takes the pistol from Clay.  

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:02 pm
by ghill
Andy glances around the kitchen his eyes stray to the front door where he can see a man looking in through the window which Jacob just left. Bare chested, the man's upper torso is covered in what Andy can only describe as tribal style tattoos. Noticing Andy's stare he makes a throat cutting gesture with what Andy can only describe as a small sword ducks out of sight again. The door bounces on its hinges as though its been kicked by a mule.

Andy quickly grabs a tea-towel draped over the cooker and hands it to Clay.

Liz pushes open the French doors into the Garden grabbing Fay as she goes. As she steps out their is a crashing sound to her right as someone almost falls through the hedge.

Upstairs Albert finally pulls the last cable free from the computer and hefts the heavy box in his arms. How he'll run with this weight in his arms he has no idea.
OOC:   If Clay wraps the tea towel around his wound it'll certainly stop further blood loss, but it'll still need a first aid at some point. As Andy just asked Jacob to put a bullet through the door I'll allow him to try and put a bullet through the man in the window instead.  

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:49 am
by BenTheRat
"Thanks" Clay says as he takes the towel and presses it on his arm. "Leave it man, lets go." Clay keeps his gun in hand and heads for the back door. Then quoting one of his American movies he likes, "Marines we are leaving."
With that, he checks out back and will head for the bushes out back.

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:49 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz reflexively turns to look at whoever has crashed through the hedge, pointing her shotgun at the figure.
OOC,Is it one of the Albanians, and is this person armed? If so, I'm firing. How far away am I from the hedge?

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:44 am
by ghill
As Liz watches another man starts to force his way through the hedge. Both men are about 20' away dressed similarly in jeans leather jackets and trainers, the second man has what looks to be a crowbar in his hands.

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:49 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg, who has been rather indecisive in his time within the house, asked Andy, "Are you any good with these things?" he shook his pistol in front of the man, aiming it toward the ceiling when he did. "I'm horrible with it. Hell, I should be patching people up, not punching holes through them." He noticed Clay's wounds, "I can take care of your injuries when we get a moment to breathe."

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:22 pm
by BenTheRat
"Lets move it." And Clay runs out after the direction Liz went. If I see someone between us that I don't recognize, I'm shooting.

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:42 pm
by royya
Jacob fires one shot at the man that stands outside the window before he ducks away. This man is probably a shaman, though it is quite ridiculous but Jacob did noticed some wierd things lately.
Once shooting, he takes cover behind a wall, waiting for Albert to come down and for Liz to say that the coast is clear in the back.
OOC:   Handgun roll
[dice]0[/dice]  

Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:45 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Hasta la vista, baby," says Liz, blasting the man with the crowbar and grievously injuring him. Part of her is amazed that she's capable of doing this, but it's easier the second time. "We've got company!"

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:35 am
by ghill
At the rear of the house Liz blasts the man climbing through the hedge back into the neighbouring garden. The second man climbs to his feet as Clay comes through the french doors into the Garden.

As Albert struggles down the stairs with the computer the front door is kicked off its hinges, flying several feet into the hallway. As the door hits the floor, three men pour in through the now open doorway armed with a variety of bladed instruments.
Albert,They may not have seen him yet.
Jacob Andy Greg,The guys coming through the doorway have clearly seen you and will be attacking next turn. Fight/Flight.
OOC:   Can I have statements of intent please and die rolls please. Once I have everyone's statements/rolls I'll write the whole lot up as a single post.  

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:58 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz takes aim at the other man who has burst through the hedge and, assuming he advances, holds her fire until he comes to within ten feet before squeezing the trigger.
OOC,I'm using the built-in dice roller because Invisible Castle is down. Shotgun roll (33 x 2 = 66% skill) shooting at the other goon, point blank. [dice]0[/dice] Wow! I just barely hit with that one. Damage to second goon from 12-gauge shotgun shell, [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:29 am
by royya
Jacob fires at one of the men that burst the door. Seeing that he hit he decides toto flee to the back door.
OOC:   Firing point blank 46% - I guess I'm in range now
Not sure what handgun Clay handed me this time ... I failed to find it.
[dice]0[/dice]  

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:07 pm
by BenTheRat
Clay doesn't want to risk shooting at Liz, so he checks both sides to make sure no more are coming around the sides. Then makes his way across the yard to Liz, "don't shoot, its me."

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:13 pm
by ImpInTraining
With a sense of urgency, Greg thrusts the handgun into Andy's grip, then turns to run in the direction Liz and the others went.

Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:06 am
by ghill
OOC:   Those inside: I'm just waiting to see what Andy and Albert do. Can I have a Dodge roll from Greg please. Liz/Clay are you dodging? - NB if Liz dodges she doesn't shoot.  
Outside: The man on the ground levers himself revealing a small black pistol in his left hand without hesitating he starts shooting.

Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:09 pm
by BenTheRat
"Oh shit, gun!!" Clay exclaims as he does his best Matrix impersonation.
OOC:   dodge roll target = 56: [dice]0[/dice]  

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:29 am
by Mr. Handy

When Liz sees the pistol come out, she tries to pull Fay back inside and behind the wall adjacent to the French doors, but she's a little slow.

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:55 am
by ghill
OOC:   Guys, I just need to know what Andy and Albert are up to then I'll describe what the bad guys are up to and for the sake of everyone sanity that'll be the end of what I laughingly call turn 1 (in reality turn 3 , 4 or 5. Then we'll do statements of intent for round 2 and so on and so on.  

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:39 am
by carnage_lee
Andy

Finding himself now armed with a pistol and faced with attackers bursting through the front door... quite unnerved by the others running - however decided to shoot and back up.. and will try once more if time allows.
Handgun 35%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:28 pm
by ghill
Inside Kitchen: As Andy draws down on him with the Colt .45 his target throws himself to the ground and Andy's shot cracks into the far wall. Jacob's target however falls to the floor with a muffled grunt. The third man however crashes into Greg as he tries to leave stopping him from doing so. (I still need a Dodge from Greg or he's grappled to the floor)

Inside Upstairs: Seeing his escape route blocked Albert moves into the back room, looking for another way out.

Outside: The man on the ground climbs to his feet firing two quick shots as he does so, whether he was aiming at Liz or not both shots hit Fay who collapses a dead weight in Liz's arms. As Clay watches another man pushes his way through the hedge on the RHS of the house.

END OF TURN 1. Statements of intent please.

Greg trapped in the kitchen potentially grappling on the floor.
Andy in the kitchen, his target is on the floor (point blank and prone so +25%) if he wants out he needs to deal with the man attacking Greg.
Jacob is free of the kitchen moving towards the fire fight in the garden (Liz and Clay are effectively right in front of him and he can see Fay has been shot) he is however also aware of events going on behind him.
Albert upstairs, undiscovered at this point may act freely, but the only way out seems to be the window from which he can jump or climb (basically lower himself and drop) but he'll need to work out what he is doing with the computer. He's not aware of whats going on in the Kitchen (Listen) or the Garden (Spot Hidden)

Outside:
Liz has a wounded Fay in her arms and two men one armed with a firearms bearing down on her
Clay Is aware Fay has been shot (She and Liz are right next to him as he comes through the French doors) he can see two men in the garden one armed with a gun the other with a club/knife? Clay is dimly aware of events happening in the Kitchen.

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:57 pm
by carnage_lee
Andy Wade

Cursing his luck at missing, he takes aim at the prone figure that had dodged his first shot.

'It's them or us... them or us.. ' he chants in his head as he pulls the trigger.
Handgun:35% + 25% (prone target),[dice]0[/dice]
(Follow up intentions)
If his shot connects and looks like it will keep the attacker down then Andy will go to Greg's aid - if they are grappling then he'll try to disable Greg's attacker... a .45 is nice and hefty. If they aren't in close combat then he'll try a shot .
Damage Roll,[dice=string,total]2[/dice]

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:54 pm
by ImpInTraining
Dodge attempt 46%,[dice]0[/dice]
Greg's eyes widen as he suddenly sees a man barreling toward him in some sort of tackle attempt.

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:57 pm
by ImpInTraining
Unfortunately for Greg, he noticed a bit too late and finds himself pinned on the kitchen floor. "Let go of me!" he exclaimed as he tried to wrestle free.
For my next roll - be it strength check (str=8) or grapple(=25%),[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:40 am
by Mr. Handy

"Medic!" shouts Liz as she drops into a crouch and tries to set Fay down quickly without hurting her further. She aims accurately at the gunman and tries to blow him to bits before he can fire.

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:57 pm
by royya
Jacob hesitates. He must help Greg and Andy and he already injured one of the men. He goes back to help the doc.
The man that is grabbing Greg's leg is on the floor wrestling the doctor, it will be easy to hit him. (point blank+25% I guess like you gave Andy for another prone man?)
Jacob says a little pray and shots the man.
OOC:   Fire 2nd shot [dice]0[/dice]
EDIT: If I get the +25% like Andy got then my score is lower then 1/5 of my handgun skill.  
Hitting or missing, he will crouch next to Greg, he will squeeze the trigger again.

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:00 am
by BenTheRat
"Stay down you bastard" as Liz blasts the man next to us. Clay turn and puts 2 shots from his 9 MM towards the man who just came around the house.
OOC:   Liz, did you do double damage for the impale? Can you impale with a shotgun?
gm, my dex is 13, is the guy that just came around the corner in point blank range? Either way.
1st shot target = 50% (*2 if PBR)
[dice]0[/dice]
no matter if I hit or not, putting a 2nd round into him.
[dice]1[/dice]  
OOC:   definite impale on the 1st shot.
damage [dice]2[/dice]
and if point blank range, 2nd shot would hit also.
damage [dice]3[/dice]  
"Take that you BASTARD!!"

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:49 pm
by Papa Gateau
Albert returns to the office as quickly and quietly as possible, hoping the sounds of gunfire hide the sounds of his footstep. He opens the office window and throws a a few loose sheafs of paper out the window.

He then heads back looking for the master bedroom and hopefully a large wardrobe in which to hide and wait out the fire fight below.
ooc,Albert is going to try and wait out the attack below - hoping that the sheafs of paper might act as a mis-direction and he can lie low until everything calms down and he can hear the sound of approaching police sirens

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:30 pm
by ghill
In the kitchen:

Andy takes aim at the prone target, nearly missing him as the man tries to scramble behind a settee instead striking him in the lower torso. He then turns to where Greg and one of their assailants are struggling on the floor.
Jacob tries to take as shot at the man struggling with Greg but realises that he has a high chance of hitting Greg if he does so while the two men roll around on the ground. Throwing himself on the man he pins him and then shoots him in the back.
OOC:   Jacob had a 50/50 chance of hitting Greg if you shot into active melee? So your first roll is for the grapple, the second the shot.  
Greg and his foe struggle ineffectually to gain the upper hand although they are clearly evenly matched then all of a sudden the man goes limp in Greg's arms as Jacob shoots him.
OOC:   Can I have Spot Hidden rolls from Andy and Jacob  
Upstairs
Albert climbs into the cupboard while downstairs the sounds of fighting reaches a crescendo.
OOC:   Can I have a Hide roll please.  
In the garden:

Liz roughly drops Fay to the floor with one hand* and snaps off another shot at the man on the ground, before she can see whether she has hit or not she feels a stabbing pain in her back and a hand on her shoulder spins her around to face the unwashed teenager who has snuck up on them from the other side.
OOC:   *Liz can't really lay Fay gently down and still shoot so in this case I've assumed Liz controls her fall as best she can while shooting at her attacker.  
Meanwhile, Clay's first shot misses as the man throws himself out of Clay's line of fire, acting quickly though Clay takes a couple of steps forward and puts his second shot into the man's centre mass. Putting him out of the fight.
OOC:   Spot Hidden from Clay please  
End of turn 2

Liz: Is in hand to hand with her assailant.
Clay currently assailant free as far as he is concerned.
Jacob is crouched over the still breathing Albanian thug.
Greg is currently pinned under the said Albanian thug and will spend the majority of next round getting to his feet.
Andy is currently moving towards Greg and Jacob
Albert hiding in the closet.
OOC:   Guys I've taken some liberties with what happens based on peoples what I hope was your intent.  

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:41 pm
by carnage_lee
Andy

Will try and cover the front door and any of the attackers that they have managed to hit inside the house. He'll follow the others if they retreat into the garden.

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:07 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg was no stranger to death... but this was the first time he had a dead guy laying on him. "Get him off... get him off..." he said as he struggled to free himself from the dead weight. He hadn't even noticed someone had been calling for medical aid yet, his mind all aflutter with the concept of being caught... trapped by a dead guy. The adrenalin helped bolster his strength and get him freed from his predicament.

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:11 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   spot hidden check target = 45%: [dice]0[/dice]  
"Need a medic out here," Clay calls out as he goes to see if he can help out the girl Liz just dumped.
ooc,ok that was a crit success so my actions may change on what I see.

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:34 pm
by Papa Gateau
OOC,is Hide or Conceal? Hide[10] Conceal[15] [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:10 pm
by royya
He is still breathing.
Jacob says and smash the back of his handgun into the head of the Albanian that is ontop of Greg.

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:28 pm
by ImpInTraining
grateful to turn his attention away from the thug on the floor, Greg heard the second call for a medic and went to see what he could do to help.

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:02 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Guys, I need statements of intent not actions please.  

Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:19 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz screams in agony as she is stabbed and tries to bring her shotgun to bear on her attacker so she can blast him, but her aim has been thrown off.
OOC,You made the right call for me last round. I guess my luck had to run out sometime.

Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:48 pm
by BenTheRat
ooc,ok, assuming all I spotted was the guy attacking Liz, or was there something else. I was kind of holding my intention until I knew what I saw.
Assuming I saw the guy knifing Liz, I'm going to pull out my small billy club and smack him across the face with it.
OOC:   small club attack target = 55: [dice]0[/dice]  

Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:10 pm
by royya
Jacob wants to smash the handgun into the still breathing thug before heading with the others near the backdoor.

EDIT: changed post from action to intention.

Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:42 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,Happy New Year!
Greg intends on heading to where they called for medical help and offering some.

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:43 pm
by ghill
Inside the house:
Upstairs:

Albert
hides in the wardrobe, unconvinced that the winter cloak will hide him and the PC if anyone looks into the wardrobe where he is hiding.

Downstairs:

Jacob stepping into the puddle of blood around the prone man, Jacob cracks him on the side of the head and the man sinks into unconsciousness, Jacob turns and heads for the back of the house. In the garden he can see Liz fighting one adversary hand to hand and Clay trading shots with an unseen opponent.

Greg pushes the unconscious thug off his legs and struggles to his feet moving towards the back of the house.
OOC:   Spot Hidden to see events occurring behind him  
Andykeeps the .45 aimed towards the door and so see the fire come rolling over the threshold pause and then separate with one wave of flame moving up the stairs and the second crawl up the door frame before apparently leaping to the ceiling where is pauses for a moment (almost as though some intellect is guiding it) before spreading across the lounge ceiling.
OOC:   SAN test please observing the fires unnatural behaviour  
Outside the house:

Liz and the thug struggle Liz trying to stop the man bring the wicked little knife to play, liz trying to either crack the shotgun across the man's face or blow his head off with it.
OOC:   Liz can't risk shooting the shotgun without injuring herself. So its hand to hand. Contested STR roll please  
Clay goes to help Liz but catches movement out of the corner of his eye which probably saves his life. One bullet plucks at his jacket and a second stings his hip (1HP dam) causing Clay to miss his own shot (although its close enough to cause the thug to drop out of sight)

Summary:

Albert hiding upstairs.
Jacob free to act can see what's going on in the Garden but is unaware of events behind him.
Greg free to act he 'may' be aware of whats going on in the garden and behind him.
Andrew currently in the kitchen, free to act.
Liz brawling with the thug.
Clay trading shots with another.
Spoiler:
BenTheRat,You lucking sod, its the second time Clay's been shot and the second fairly inconsequential die roll for Dam.

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:53 pm
by carnage_lee
Andrew Wade
SAN Roll:65,[dice]0[/dice]
Andy will try to get out to the others out the back, probably yelling 'FIRE'.

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:41 am
by BenTheRat
Clay will trade shots.
ooc,if I ever got a chance to pick any super power I wanted, I'd pick luck. ;)

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:15 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz isn't normally very strong, but adrenaline surges through her with her life at stake - not to mention the lives of her friends.
OOC,As long as his STR is 13 or less, that succeeds.

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:42 pm
by royya
Jacob intent on helping Liz, he will not use the handgun as he won't risk hitting Liz so he will try to punch the thug instead.
OOC:   Punch [dice]0[/dice]  

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:06 am
by ghill
Inside Upstairs:

Albert hears the shout of FIRE! as Andrew runs from the building and closer still the wooshing sound of flames

Inside Downstairs:

Shouting fire at the top of his voice Andy heads towards the exit only to find the flames slipping along the ceiling and sliding down the wall, almost as though it was concious of his efforts to escape the house and was actively seeking to block his escape.

Outside:

Greg grabs the body of the prostrate young woman lying just by the doorway and pulls her into cover behind some furniture, he does what he can for the young woman but she's clearly in need of medical attention (unconscious)
OOC:   First Aid and Medicine rolls please.  
Liz manages to slip her leg behind the young thugs knee allowing her to unbalance him and push him towards the floor in doing so she puts herself in line with Jacob's fist
OOC:   Fist Damage roll from Jacob please. Assuming she's still up next turn Liz can break and act normally.  
Clay draws down on the man who just shot at him but the man remains in cover and Clay is unable to get a shot, Clay takes cover behind the garden furniture.

Everyone outside can hear people crashing through the gardens to either side.

Albert upstairs hiding, but for how much longer?
Andy trapped in the kitchen by the flames.
Clay in the garden behind cover, painfully aware of incoming enemy.
Jacob standing over the body of the thug.
Liz standing(?) over the body of the thug.

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:12 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg was feeling particularly alert about what was going on behind him, but his focus was on helping get medical aid to those in need... so he pushed forward and knelt down beside the unconscious form of the young woman. He was on top of his First Aid game, immediately treating the life threatening injuries first. Then he went into the more specialized skillset but wasn't sure at all what he could do to help her medically without the provisions of a hospital. "We need to get her to a hospital... but I'll settle for anywhere else but here."

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:14 pm
by carnage_lee
OOC:   Did everyone else get outside via the lounge or via the utility room?

If the doorway to the lounge is blocked by flame as well as the doorway to the utility room then Andy would try to get into the WC, shut the door to try to delay the fire and get out via the window.... the top of the cistern would make a breaking the window easier.

Otherwise it'd be out via the utility room/conservatory, trying to close the door between them.  

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:32 pm
by ghill
Andy,OOC: As Fay led Liz out via the lounge and conservatory, I've assumed everyone has simply followed on. No the flame doesn't block anything but the doorway to the lounge it doesn't actually seem to be burning anywhere else at all for that matter - strange that eh.
Greg,Greg watches the flames drop down from the ceiling and knows instinctively its the same fire he saw in the other house.

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:21 pm
by royya
OOC:   Fist dmg[dice]0[/dice]  

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:48 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz grunts with the impact as she throws her assailant off of her and onto the ground. Trying to ignore the pain, she points her shotgun at the knife-wielding thug and tries to pepper him with buckshot.
OOC,I'm guessing that I haven't been knocked out, as the punch was only 1 damage.

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:48 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg lifts the girl up in his arms and calls to the others, "The fire.... it's like the other time, moving weird. We got to get out of here!" He looked for the nearest door to the outside unbarred by fire and darted for it.

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:55 am
by ghill
OOC:   Greg, Greg's access to the outside is unblocked, its only if he wishes to head back into the kitchen that the flames present an obstacle.  

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:24 am
by carnage_lee
For clarity - Andy will try to exit the house via the conservatory on the right hand side - as looking at the front of the house - through the utility room, as the doorway leading to the other exit is blocked by the flames.

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:57 pm
by ghill
Upstairs: The fire upstairs starts to take hold in the office and on the stairs the sound of burning and the smell of smoke starts to pervade every nook and cranny upstairs even Albert's hiding place.

Downstairs:

In the kitchen Andy heads in the opposite direction away from the fire and towards the utility room. As he does so the flames around the doorway leap towards him.
OOC:   Post to follow.  
In the Garden:
With a final boom of the shotgun, Greg, Jacob, Liz and Clay find themselves standing in the garden during a momentary lull.

Clay looks at the other behind the small fort he's constructed from garden furniture "We cant stay here they're coming around on both sides. Has anyone seen Albert and that other guy who came barging in?

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:38 am
by Mr. Handy

"Sorry, haven't seen them," says Liz, taking advantage of the lull to reload her shotgun. She had fired three shots, leaving only two shells. "Too busy killing guys and getting stabbed and beaten. Ow. I've got a knife wound in my back that I can't reach."

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:45 am
by ghill
The Kitchen:

As Andy makes for the doorway the flame stretches and elongates behaving more like a blob of molten wax than flame as it flashes towards him.
Andy,[b]Dodge[/b] roll please.

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:16 am
by carnage_lee
Andy Wade
Dodge: 36,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:39 am
by ghill
Andy tries to dodge through the door, but was stiff and before Andy can put a shoulder to it he is engulfed in flame. The pain across the back of his hands and neck is excruciating (if he wasn't already distracted, he'd probably smell his hair burning as well).

*artistic licence its not jammed.
Andy,Andy takes 3HP damage on exposed skin. Its likely his clothing provided some protection, but its not clear how long that'll last. Can I have also have a [b]POW[/b] roll please. Andy is still able to move as the experience is more akin to being swarmed by bees (very hot, flaming bees) than actually being on fire

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:43 am
by Papa Gateau
OOC:   Albert will spend the next round in his hidey-hole in the wardrobe. I assume that there are smoke-alarms in the house? He will act when he hears one go off!  

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:48 am
by ghill
OOC:   Considering the amount of smoke in the cupboard they should have gone off some time ago.  

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:39 pm
by ImpInTraining
(if possible) Greg locates some dish towels in the cupboards, drenches them with the water from the kitchen faucet, and throws them over the girl to offer some protection from the fire that he will have to try to skirt somehow. "Anyone got an extinguisher?!" he calls out hopefully.

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:27 pm
by Papa Gateau
Albert tentatively opens the wardrobe door and looks out. Seeing the smoke creeping under the bedroom door, he moves to the bedroom and looks out over the conservatory.

As quietly and carefully as he can he opens the window, with the intention of climbing onto the conservatory and sliding down the glass roof and then jumping/dropping to the floor.

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:58 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Do we still have those handheld extinguishers from the first chapter? Were they in with the weapons?

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:25 am
by ghill
Albert,What is Albert going to do about the Computer? Its large, heavy and awkward to carry. It will make getting down far more difficult that it already is.
Fire Ex,Nope. Apart from the guns Clay disposed of the fire extinguishers along with the rest of the paraphernalia associated with the raid.
Imp/Greg,Imp isn't in the kitchen which is where the fire is. He's been treating the girl near where Liz dropped her so he's just inside the doors of the conservatory where there is a small amount of cover. Sorry, my fault I didn't give a specific location in my last turn summary.

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:49 am
by carnage_lee
Andy Wade
POW Roll,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   POW 13

I didn't realise that anyone else (PC) was in the Kitchen.  

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:28 pm
by BenTheRat
Clay will cover the sides, and shoot anyone coming around either side. "Just like the other damn house. I'm starting to hate fire."

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:16 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,Ok... disregard the good idea with the water and towels though. Maybe I can piss on some curtains. LOL
Greg looks for a window for which they could escape through without burning alive and tries to keep lower than the smoke.

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:14 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Is there enough time after I reload the shotgun for me to try to treat one of my own injuries with First Aid? I know I can't reach the stab wound in my back, but I should be able to deal with the damage from the punch.

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:29 am
by royya
We must clear a path to the car.
Jacob says.
Clay, let's circle the house and shot down anyone that might ambush us.

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:52 pm
by BenTheRat
"Thats a big order." Which way is shorter to the cars, and does one side seem to have more people coming around the corner than the other?
Does it look like it might be easier to pull back to two or three houses down and circle back?

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:14 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I think we'd have a better chance if we make a break for the hedge," says Liz quietly. "Once we're through there, they can't see us from the house or grounds. But this second wave is too close, I think. If we run for it now, they'll catch us in the open. We're best off dealing with them first." She keeps watch on the corners, ready to fire on any bad guys who round them.

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:43 pm
by BenTheRat
"We can't stay here too long, the cops or fire will be here soon and our car is out front." Clay shakes his head for a second, what was he thinking running into the house. Probably better to just speed away, a month ago he would have and not looked back. This friendship thing is going to get him locked up or killed before this is over he mulls over in his mind while keeping a watch on the corner.

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:57 pm
by royya
Jacob nods and will follow any of them

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:50 am
by ghill
The Garden: Escaping the flames spreading from the kitchen to the rest of downstairs, Greg comes staggering out of the French doors under the weight of the injured girl. There is blood over his hands and clothes from where he's been desperately applying first aid. "We don't have the luxury of time, this poor girl isn't going to last long without proper medical attention."

Inside the house: Downstairs
As the flame flashes over him Andy, almost crumbles to his knees suddenly feeling weak, but manages to shrug it off as he dives through the doorway - Dodge Roll please unless you want to try and somehow fight the fire. Successful dodge will mean Andy has put a door between him and the flames, failure means he's still being 'attacked' by the fire

Inside the house: Upstairs
Albert pushes open the window balancing both himself and the PC case on the window sill. Looking down onto the glass conservatory he decides that the Hard drive on the PC is more likely to survive a fall to the ground than he is to survive a fall through the glass roof and tosses it onto the grass below. Glancing behind him he notices the flames seem to be oozing under the doorway SAN roll - thats a very strange way for a fire to behave???? and a Climb roll please.

Cars,Either way they are parked out the front of the house.
Liz,Not enough time FA takes a round, where in combat rounds, you can try but if you run out of time the roll automatically fails.
Outside in the Garden:
Jacob, Greg, Clay, Liz

Downstairs in the house: Andy - exiting the kitchen via the utility room.
Upstairs in the house: Albert - Climbing out the window and onto the conservatory

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:11 am
by carnage_lee
Andy Wade

Letting out a loud yell as the flames engulf him, he desperately tries to jump through the doorway and heave the door closed ...
Dodge: 36,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz sprints for the hedge, gripping her shotgun and holding it ready to blast any goons who show themselves.

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:18 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg asks Jacob, Clay and Liz "Is the way to the car safe? I don't want to drag this poor girl into another gunfight."

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:37 am
by Mr. Handy

"Prolly not," says Liz as she starts her run, hoping that at least some of the others will follow her lead.

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:24 am
by ghill
Liz/Hedge,Which hedge is Liz trying to push through - the Left leading into a garden, the right also leading into a garden or the back leading into the fields
Andy,the pain from his burns is agonising but Andy has managed to slam the door on the flames, but as he watches the flames start to slide under the door.

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:58 pm
by carnage_lee
Andy Wade

Gasping from both the pain and the weird draining sensation he experienced as the flames smothered his back Andy looks on in amazement as the flames start to appear through the gap between the door and the floor... almost as if the flames were somehow after him! For a moment Andy has a mental image of an octopus squeezing though a small hole between tanks, images he remembers from a recent documentary. As the flames start to lick about his ankles he pushes himself away from the door and heads, full tilt, into the conservatory intending on getting out of the house and linking up with the others as fast as possible.

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:52 pm
by Papa Gateau
Albert looks back at the flames, temporarily mesmerised by the way they seem to flow and search for him like tentacles. The flames lick closer and finally the realisation that they are searching form him spurs him into action. His mind grapples with idea of sentient fire as he climbs onto the conservatory and slides down the pitched glass roof like a man possessed.
Rolls,San[80] - 100 FUMBLE Climb[40] - 7 Success http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4385221/

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:43 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg follows Liz as best he can, although his progress through any kind of hedge work would be somewhat hindered considering he is carrying an unconscious woman who is steadily getting more and more heavy. He's obviously struggling. Physical tasks aren't his thing.

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:36 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,The one at the back.

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:18 pm
by royya
what about Albert?
Jacob calls as he follows Liz. To Greg he says
She slows you, I'm sorry to say but better leave one wounded behind then being hurt too.

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:38 pm
by BenTheRat
Clay checks that there are no bad guys visible (if so he will shoot them), if not he holsters his pistol, and offers to take the girl from Greg despite his own injuries. "Lets go." and he heads for the hedge after Liz.

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:07 pm
by ghill
The Garden: (yes everyone is now outside)

Andrew comes bursting out of the door on the RHS of the house, his clothes and bare skin quite severely burnt.

Liz her way through the hedge, as she does so two shots crack out one of the bullets grabs at her coat, the second tears at the flesh of her right arm.

Clay & Greg man handle the girl through the hedge.

Jacob pushes his way through the hedge after Liz.

Albert hits the ground with a thud and stands stunned while he thinks about the way the fire behaved (3 SAN lost). The computer lies broken open in front of him the interior open to the elements.
OOC:   Can I have spot hidden rolls from Jacob, Liz, Greg and Clay  

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:41 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   spot hidden: 45%: [dice]0[/dice]  

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:40 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg shot a cold glare at Jacob. "Look... I'm a doctor. We don't make habit of leaving people in need of care to die. I may have lost some of my humanity since running into you lot, but I will not turn my back on an innocent."

When Clay offered to help, Greg looked relieved, "Thank you, very much." He shot another cold glace to Jacob, but then went back to the business of escape.
Spot Hidden - Success!,On the nose... [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4386510/]Spot Hidden (45%) (1d100=45)[/url]
Greg thinks he sees something...

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:24 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz drops low and looks around for whoever shot her, but she can't see much. "I'm hit!" she hisses.

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:01 am
by ghill
There is a shout from the area of the house on the left and Greg sees someone duck out of sight.

A path runs behind the back of the house along the edge of the field. The field itself is overgrown with waist height grass. A kissing gate is visible 200m along the path. Another gate (onto a road or track?) is visible across the field about 3-400m away.

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:11 pm
by royya
Spot Hidden - 1d100=50 - Fail

Jacob helps Liz as they pass the hedge.

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:22 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg tells the others, "I just saw someone over there," he motioned with a jerk of his head, "duck into the shadows. I think they know where we are. We need to hurry."

Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:40 am
by Mr. Handy

"Quick, into the grass!" says Liz through gritted teeth as she runs for the nearest section of grass in a low crouch. "They can't see us if we stay low." When she reaches the grass, she crawls into it so that she is entirely below the top of the grass and she won't be a visible target any more.

Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:34 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg continues following Liz doing the best he can to stay low and out of view.

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:04 pm
by ghill
In the Garden
Andy and Albert are both in the body strewn garden. Albert on the left hand side of the garden standing next to the cracked computer, Andy on the right (their positions relative to the house when looking from the front.) the heat from the fires both upstairs and downstairs is starting to become pretty intense, the flames do not seem to be following them from the house.

In the field
Clay and Jacob having just pushed through the hedge stand on the path running behind the houses while a short distance away Greg and Liz have started moving through the long grass trying to keep as low as possible.

All parties garden and field can hear shouting from the front and both side of the house in what they assume is Albanian.
OOC:   NB: Its quite an effort for Greg to carry the girl while trying to keep low through the grass.  

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:42 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,Thought Clay was helping Greg with the girl?

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:10 pm
by ghill
Carrying the girl,Clay said he was helping Greg through the hedge, he may help further. However, its still difficult to try and carry the woman through the grass. It would be easier and quicker to use a fireman's carry although this would mean standing up, alternatively you could try dragging her.

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:34 am
by Mr. Handy

"Stretch her out between us," whispers Liz as she turns around to face Greg. "You take her legs, and I'll take her arms and crawl backwards."

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:52 am
by carnage_lee
In the Garden
Andy Wade

Breathing deeply to try and alleviate some of the pain from his burns, Andy quickly scans the garden - seeing the people he recognizes from inside the house disappear through the hedge at the back. The sudden appearance of another man across the garden has him surprised and before he can think properly he turns and raises his arm, bringing the large automatic pistol to bear. Andy stops, the pistol only half raised; the man doesn't look like any of the attackers. Now that he sees the man clearly he recognises him as the one that ran upstairs when the attack started. So the guy must have jumped to escape the fire.

Andy moves over toward the other man "You alright mate?" he asks in a low voice.

OOC:   Andy intends to check 'Albert' is ok... see if he can help then follow the others and get away. Then find something cold for his burns, then phone his editor for a screaming match!  

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:51 pm
by BenTheRat
Clay continues to help drag the girl. "I got her Liz. Lets just keep moving."

Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:41 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz nods, grateful for the relief, and crawls through the grass away from the house as fast as she can.

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:35 am
by Papa Gateau
Albert looks over at the guy with pistol waving in his general direction.

Err, yeah, I think so. Point that thing somewhere else would you?.

Albert switches his attention to the smashed computer case, hoping to be able to pull the hard drive from it's mount before making himself scarce. You don't know which way my friends went do you?

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:55 am
by ghill
Albert gives the case a swift kick allowing him to access to the hard drive which seems to have come loose from the frame.

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:48 pm
by carnage_lee
Andy lowers the pistol fully so that it's pointing at the floor angled to the side a little away from his foot. "Sorry" he says apologetically. As the other man asks his question Andy's attention is drawn back to the object on the grass judging by the dented appearance he deduces that it was thrown from upstairs.

"Yeah... everyone else ran through the hedge at the back... he answers as the other man kick the case. "If you leave the case here they'll know you got the drive." Andy says in a low voice.
OOC:   Andy will head out of the garden in the same manner as everyone else, unless 'Albert' suggests otherwise.  

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:01 pm
by Papa Gateau
Well that's as may be but this he says holding up the hard drive is a lot easier to carry and run with than that he points at the battered tower case particularly with a bunch of psycho-nut-jobs shooting at you.

I'm Albert by the way and as much as I'd like to stay and make pleasantries, I prefer my blood on the inside where it's supposed to be and not leaking out of holes. My friends have the right idea - time for us to scoot!

With that Albert heads towards to the hedge in a low running crouch.

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:45 am
by ghill
Andrew and Albert pushes their way through the hedge with minor cuts and scratches and finds themselves on a path running behind the back of the houses and along the edge of a field. The field itself is overgrown with waist height grass. A kissing gate is visible 200m to his right at the end of the path. Another gate (onto a road or track?) is visible across the field about 3-400m away. There doesn't seem to be any sign of the others. As they stand there two shots ring out neither man can tell whether they were aimed at them, but Andy certainly thinks they were.
Spot Hidden Everyone,to see Andrew and Albert standing there, or for them to see the others moving through the long grass.I have assumed Jacob followed the rest into the long grass.

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:54 am
by Papa Gateau
Spot Hidden[60],28 Pass http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4400686/

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:11 pm
by BenTheRat
spot hidden,target = 45: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:36 pm
by carnage_lee
Andrew Wade

Andy ducks as the shots ring out, looking around for any signs of the others.

Spot Hidden 35%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:45 pm
by ghill
Both Andy and Albert see the grass moving as the others crawl through it, making a beeline across the field towards the gate. Glancing around Clay see's the pair standing just by the fields edge.

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:59 am
by Mr. Handy

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:39 am
by ghill
Navigation?,Can I have a [b]navigation[/b] roll from those in the grass in order not to get lost, its an [b]easy (x2) [/b] roll. - I assume you are heading for the far hedge away from the house or are you heading left right and running parallel to the back of the houses?
There is the screech of car tyres from the street and more gunshots on the other side of the house. The house itself is now fiercely ablaze.

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:19 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz tries to crawl across the field towards the gate at the far end, but everything looks the same and distorts her sense of direction.

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:18 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg manages to spot Andrew and Albert in the darkness and whispers "Psst, Liz... there's the others. Maybe we should wait for them?" He had no idea if they were heading the right way or not.

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:42 pm
by carnage_lee
Andrew Wade

"I see your friends, come on let's get moving.." Andy says to Albert in a low but urgent voice.

Keeping low, hoping to avoid being spotted by their attackers Andy starts into the field, he's noted where the others seem to be heading for and heads in the same general direction, moving cautiously but not dawdling either.

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:50 pm
by Mr. Handy

Liz nods and pauses. While she awaits the others, she takes the time to bind her wounded arm with a piece of cloth she tears off of one of her top's sleeves, after which she feels considerably better.

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:02 am
by BenTheRat
Clay checks the girl during the pause and tries to do first aid if possible.
OOC:   first aid check 30%: [dice]0[/dice]  
Clay takes a bit of cloth and bandages one of the girls wounds.
OOC:   ooc, heal: [dice]1[/dice]  

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:13 am
by ghill
First Aid,Her injury has already been treated by Greg there isn't really anything further first aid can do.

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:24 am
by ghill
Albert and Andy reach the others hidden in the long grass another two shots whip through the grass but they are ineffective, behind them the house is going up like a torch.

Andy and Albert can give a rough indication of the location of the gate on the other side of the field.
OOC:   note: raising your head dispenses with the need of a navigation roll but clearly make one vulnerable.  
Andy has clearly been badly burnt, skin hangs off his hands, the hair on the back of his head is terribly burnt as is the back of his neck.
OOC:   Unless, you have a suitable first aid kit, you really can't do anything to help Andy (only Greg to my knowledge carries such a kit) Greg thinks Andy is in the early stage of shock, which may explain why he's still operating and on his feet.  

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:17 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,So do I take that to mean Andy and Albert are with us now?

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:41 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Yes.  

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:51 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I thought [b]Fay[/b] was shot twice, and she was only treated once. If she can't use it, I also could use some more First Aid, as I have two additional injuries that haven't been treated yet, including the stab wound in my back that I can't reach.

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:04 am
by royya
Come on ... I think we should head that way...
Jacob says, panicked
OOC:   Navigation [dice]0[/dice]  

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:34 pm
by ghill
GSW and First Aid,Consider the first aid roll for Liz then. Fay has been shot but all injuries have been first aided by Greg. As Greg is the only person with a first aid kit what are people actually using to first aid with? Stuff like rags are really only going to stop the bleeding.

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:57 pm
by Mr. Handy

Liz crawls away with the others, keeping below the top of the grass and trying her best to steer for the gate at the back of the field.

Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:03 pm
by BenTheRat
Clay shakes his head, "well not much else we can do here, we need to get her to a hospital." He then continues to follow Liz, helping pull the helpless girl along.

Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:02 pm
by ghill
As everyone struggles through the long grass the sound of cars from the road/lane/track on the other side of the field keeps people headed in correct direction. The shots from the vicinity of the house soon stop. Perhaps disturbingly there is still no sound of sirens (police, fire or ambulance)

Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:13 pm
by BenTheRat
Clay takes a couple seconds to check his cell phone. Does he have a signal? if so, he will call 911 and report the fire.

Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:35 pm
by ghill
Can I have a Spot Hidden from everyone as you get closer to the edge of the field.

Clay gets absolutely no phone signal, zip, nada, zilch.
OOC:   its 999 by the way ;)  

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:57 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg is very cooperative with the shared use of his first aid kit. If someone is attending to wounded and he is around, he will be all too happy to hand over some bandages and tape - or whatever is needed. If he is in the situation where he is observing others treat an injury, he will watch on quietly and make sure they're doing it right, offering suggestions to avoid any real blunders. But considering they are hoofing it through a field right now, he's not sure of how much first aid they have the opportunity to provide to those in need at the moment. He looked at Andy's injuries and said to him words of assurance to keep him moving on without falling deeper into shock.
Spot Hidden check,I have a 45% spot hidden skill. Invisible Castle is down. So [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:52 pm
by carnage_lee
Andy Wade

Moving along with the others Andy tries to concentrate, the pain from the burns is kicking in and he's starting to feel colder. "Let's get clear, then worry about getting patched up." he says, wondering how badly hurt the girl is.

Feeling relieved to be nearing the lane and the possibility of flagging down a passer-by he looks around ...
Spot Hidden: 35,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:20 am
by BenTheRat
"Damn, still no signal," Clay says as he puts the phone back in his pocket. Then looks around for a second before following Liz further down the field.
spot hidden 45,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:17 am
by ghill
OOC:   Clay can see what looks suspiciously like Jacob's battered volvo parked by the gate to the field.  

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:05 pm
by BenTheRat
ghill,you know I failed my roll right?

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:04 pm
by ghill
As the bedraggled group closes on the gate, there is the pop, pop of pistol shots coming from the direction of the gate. The rounds fly through the grass but don't seem to be aimed at anyone in particular. It is likely they are aimed at movements in the grass.

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:30 pm
by Papa Gateau
Albert thinking:   jesusfuckingchrist, I'm a bloody music snapper not a fuckin war-hack. Ok, ok - let's see if we can distract these bastards  
Albert turns 90 degrees away from the rest of the group and starts to crawl as fast as he can. After he has gone about 10m he will get into a crouch and run another 10 or so metres before diving back into the grass - hoping to draw the fire away from where the others are.

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:49 pm
by ghill
Albert's efforts do indeed attract attention as a hail of shots follow him through the grass, but not without cost. A shot to the leg prostrates him on the floor (6pts dam)

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:04 pm
by royya
Spot Roll,[dice]0[/dice]
Albert, you fool.
Jacob whispers loudly as he sees the crawling man gets hit.
Go on, it time for the Rabby to be the hero. Jacob crawls back to Albert.

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:26 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Jacob can clearly see two men standing behind his car their attention seemingly entirely taken up by taking pot shots in Albert's direction  

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:43 pm
by Papa Gateau
Albert let's out a scream of pain and clutches at his leg, the blood drains from his face as he watches the blood drain from his leg. Tears stream down his face as his scream fades to whimpers and soft sobs
Albert thinking:   ohfuckohfuckohfuckohfuck it hurts, oh god mum it hurts, oh jesus, why'dyou do that Bertie? whole life a certified coward and you play the fuckin warhero! oh man it hurts, oh god, gotta get outta here, gotta get outta, oh man it hurts, jesus, jesus, please god, let me get outta  
All thoughts of heroics having fled Albert starts crawling again, trying to get as far away from the bad men with guns as quickly as possible.

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:52 pm
by ImpInTraining
"Shit," Greg says under his breath as he glances Albert's way knowing all too well the man has been shot. He looked around and noticed Jacob going for the man. "Gonna be a bloody night tonight," he whispered to Clay. "Anyone know where the car is?" he quietly asked the others still close to him.

Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:12 pm
by BenTheRat
"Oh we are so fucked" Clay exclaims. "We need a plan, and fast. Liz any ideas?"

Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:09 pm
by royya
My Volvooo...
Jacob cries in agony as he crawls to Albert.

Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:49 pm
by ghill
On hold,I'm waiting to see what Andy and Liz do before progressing any further - therefore Jacobs first aid also on hold. It will also take Jacob at least one round to get to Andy as he used his full movement to get away and cause a distraction. Also as per my last post without some kind of first aid kit, you cant actually do anything beyond stop Andy bleeding to death.

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:12 pm
by carnage_lee
Andrew Wade

The sudden shots shock Andy he stops dead in his tracks. Things take a dramatic turn as Albert moves away making too much noise and attracts more shots. They hadn't made a getaway, the men attacking them had attempted to 'head them off' and in his minds eye Andy could see more of their attackers moving through the field behind them, trying to flush them out of the cover of the grass. Taking a few moments to breath deeply, trying to collect his thoughts and drown out the whimpers coming from Albert.

Slowly he edges away from the others and tries to get a clear sighting of the people shooting, bracing himself. The pistol feels heavy in his hands as he takes a two-handed grip preparing to fire...

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:41 pm
by ghill
Rising just above the grass Andy can see two men leant over the Volvo he last saw parked outside the front of the house. Both men are looking to Andy's right (the direction Albert's screams are coming from)
Surprise,Because the men are distracted by Albert, Andy surprises the two men and may thus get off two shots before they react to him (1st and 2nd DEX cycles with the 1911), although they may keep shooting in the direction of Albert/Jacob.

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:50 pm
by Papa Gateau
Albert keeps crawling away from the men shooting at him and from his friends, trying to suppress and whimpers and cries of pain.
Albert thinking:   gotta get outta here, oh mum! gotta get outta here, they'll follow me and the others can get away, oh god it hurts, gotta get outta here  

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:09 am
by carnage_lee
Andy Wade

Realising that Albert's screams are attracting the shots but their attackers are not being drawn over to investigate meaning that their escape route via the volvo is blocked. Taking careful aim he squeezes the trigger, trying to ignore the pain from his burns...

First shot (35%),[dice]0[/dice]
Second shot (35%),[dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:00 pm
by ghill
Andy,The big .45 1911 does 1D10+2 damage. I assume they are both at the same person?
Liz stands up and fires at the nearer of the two men with the shotgun. The man ducks and the shot peppers the boot of Jacob's car. But not before Jacob is shot in the arm (4pts dam)

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:34 pm
by ghill
Andy,The big .45 1911 does 1D10+2 damage. I assume they are both at the same person?
Liz stands up and fires at the nearer of the two men with the shotgun. Liz's shot peppers the car's boot (trunk) as the man ducks behind the car, but not before one of his wild shots has hit Jacob in the arm (4pts dam)

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:29 pm
by carnage_lee
Andy,yes 2 shots best target - will you roll for damage?

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:13 pm
by ghill
Andy,Nope I trust you.

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:36 pm
by carnage_lee
OOC:   Andy's 2 shots - damage rolls:
[dice]0[/dice][dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:48 pm
by ghill
Andy double taps the man putting a round into his head and another into his chest, dropping him onto the bonnet of the Volvo with a thump.

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:10 pm
by carnage_lee
M1911 - shots remaining:,I've had a quick read through and I think the .45 has been fired 5 times so far - so that would leave 2 rounds remaining... assuming it's the regular capacity mag. (otherwise 3 rounds). Next time I want a G17!

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:36 pm
by ghill
Can I have statements of intent for the next turn please.

Liz will move to the left to try and get a shot on the thug who slid down behind the car.

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:58 am
by Papa Gateau
Albert will keep crawling away from the gun fire.

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:49 am
by carnage_lee
Andy will try to cover LIz from an angle where he won't accidentally hit her if he does shoot.

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:39 pm
by royya
Jacob cries in pain and lower himself.
Shma Yisrael.
He says to himself and tries to aim a shot at the man.
OOC:   Handgun [dice]0[/dice]  

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:28 pm
by BenTheRat
Clay comes up and puts 2 shots into the closest one by the car he can see.
shots,1st shot: [dice]0[/dice] 2nd shot: [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:34 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz ducks beneath the top of the grass again, sidles over to the left, and pops up again where she hopes she can get a better view of the gunman who has taken cover behind the car. If she sees him, she blasts him full of lead shot.
OOC,Sorry it took me a while to post. I got back from London two days ago, but I got sick while I was there and am still recovering. Even under normal circumstances, I wouldn't have been able to post on the 24th, as I still would have been falling asleep that night due to being used to being 5 hours ahead and still needing to catch up again.

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:45 pm
by ImpInTraining
During the firefight, Greg has lowered the unconscious girl to the ground and covered her body with his own. He waits it out, hoping his side wins... but prepared to play dead if they don't.

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:52 pm
by ghill
Jacob raises his arm to shoot only to find the gun doesn't respond. For a moment he thinks perhaps its jammed and then he realises he cant actually feel his hand, looking at his arm and hand properly for the first time he realises he's been shot!!!!!

Let me see what happened. maybe we can press the wound with something.
Jacob says to himself, trying to remember how doctor bandage a wound in "House" TV series. Using his teeth he tears apart his sleeve and tries to tie it around his arm.

I think I've stopped the bleeding, I think I did it.
OOC:   First aid - Pass (roll from the previous post)  
Jacob,His injury was mentioned in this [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?f=192&t=4717&p=158220#p158220]post[/url]

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:40 pm
by ghill
As Liz, Clay and Andy manoeuver for position they see the remaining thug crouched behind the car, as they see him he gets up the air around him shimmering with heat.

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:24 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz doesn't hesitate, trying to shoot him before he can unleash whatever flaming monstrosity he may be trying to summon.
OOC,I've already made my rolls in my post above (it's a hit for 12 damage).

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:04 pm
by BenTheRat
Clay hesitates at the heat trying to figure out what it is, but as soon as Liz shoots, it knocks him out of his wonder state and he unleashes his shots.

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:24 pm
by ghill
As Liz fires the thug is wreathed in glittering points of light each point dragging a luminous flickering white hot trail. sealed within it the thug rises several inches off the ground. The man screams clearly in pain he then starts to move off down the track at full sprint.

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:16 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Which way is he moving? Towards us, or away from us? Are there any more of them visible anywhere?

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:21 pm
by ghill
Thug,the only other thug immediately visible is leaking bits of brain matter over the bonnet of the Volvo. The 'burning man' is heading down the track towards the main road, Liz assums they'll have to follow him until they hit the proper road.

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:05 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Let's get to the car while we can!" hisses Liz.

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:10 pm
by BenTheRat
Clay puts his pistol away and grabs the injured girl. "Let's move it people."

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:46 pm
by ghill
Butchers Bill - All,OK Quick reality bite: The girl is unconscious - she needs medical aid Albert can't walk Jacob cant use his right arm Andy has suffered serious burns - he needs medical aid [u][b]soon.[/b][/u] Greg is I believe only slightly injured/bruised Clay has suffered what Greg describes as flesh wounds Liz has suffered a flesh wound and been stabbed. You have to fit all these people into a car which comfortably seats 5. Greg feels the girl should be in hospital and so should Andy, although he could treat Andy given the correct conditions.

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:20 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Greg[/b] and I are only SIZ 9, so we can hopefully squeeze in. I can help carry someone to the car, and I also have First Aid at a decent level can assist [b]Greg[/b] in treating [b]Andy[/b]. Does the Volvo have the sort of thing where the back seat can be opened up to give access to the trunk (boot)? If so, someone could lie down back there.

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:26 am
by ghill
Put the boot in - all,You can certainly make space putting a seat or seats down. with Liz and Greg both being quite short they can squeeze into the boot with the girl. Who is going to drive?
Everyone can hear the distant wail of the emergency services.
OOC:   Can I have a Medicine roll from Greg please.

NB: Albert still needs a First Aid roll - at least to stop the blood.  

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:15 am
by Mr. Handy

Once everyone is back at the car, Liz ties a tourniquet around Albert's leg to try to stop the bleeding, but he's going to need more medical attention than she can provide.

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:02 pm
by ghill
Who...?,Guys who is going to drive and where are you going doing? Only three of you are really in a fit* state to drive - Greg, Liz, Clay? *Where the given value of fit is not bleeding to death or in such pain their vision blurs or they are otherwise distracted (suffering negative modifiers)

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:29 pm
by carnage_lee
Andy Wade

Andy helps as best he can in getting the other casualties into the car.

"We need to ditch the weapons before we go anywhere near a hospital; we need to make damn sure that we are seen as victims of an attack and not the perpetrators."
OOC:   We'd probably be better off making our way back to the house - there ought to be police and ambulances there by now or pretty soon. All in all getting medical aid would be quicker that way. We do need to ditch the weapons, passing ourselves off as 'innocent' bystanders will be difficult enough as it is.

I'd have the most able-bodied take off on foot with the shooters (and the hard-drive) - the rest head back to the house in the car while deciding on a plausible story to explain brain-matter, pellet holes, (on the car) various wounds etc etc...  

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:46 pm
by ImpInTraining
Medicine - critical success!,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4419852/]Medicine (65%) (1d100=4)[/url]
At direction, Greg got up and hauled the girl to the car, setting her gently in the back. "I can drive, if no one else rather. But I might be better off tending to some of these injuries." To Andy, he says "I'm a doctor. We don't have to go to the hospital... but we may need some plasma."

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:45 pm
by royya
We need a story, medical help and a good lawyer, good thing that I am one. Our finger prints and blood are all over the house, clearly we were attacked. The bullet shells all around the house and inside the house were ours as well, not to speak about the bodies inside and outside. We need to hide the weapons and get help and present ourselves as innocent victims of a gang fight.
Jacob says, holding his arm tightly. It hurts like hell.

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:28 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg asked, "What's to keep this girl from telling the truth?" he motioned with a jerk of his head to the unconscious girl laying in the car seat. "Does anyone here have a record? If they lift our fingerprints - which will be made unbelievably hard due to the massive fire we left behind - will anyone actually be on record?" Greg shrugged suggesting, "I think our investigation is going to be leading us to a foreign country. Maybe it might be in our best interest not to say anything, try to keep our distance from anyone in authority, and just leave. We could always come back later after things blow over."

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:22 pm
by ghill
OOC: Clay,No way, no how are you going near the police, you have a record and as a matter of course they'll check for firearms residue. Guilt by association means if every one's story isn't watertight then they'll will check the others, after which it'll go downhill fast. Oh and to add to the fun, you can pretty much guarantee due to the source of your firearms they will have been used in multiple crimes, before the shoot out to release the girls.
Fingerprints,Funnily enough I just learnt this on Person of Interest that with a number of materials, fire actually etches the fingerprints into the material

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:13 am
by BenTheRat
"Forget it, we ain't going back. I ain't talking to no cops. Let them come find me but I ain't making it easy for them." Clay gets in the car front passenger seat. "We need to get out of here and dump these weapons."

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:20 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yeah, I agree," says Liz. "I could drive if I have to, but I'm rubbish at it. I think Fay will be grateful that we've saved her life and would be amenable to leaving out certain details, but we really need to talk to her before the coppers do so we can get our stories straight. If the weapons are traced back to us, we could try claiming we took them off some of our attackers, but let's hope that doesn't happen."

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:44 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,I don't doubt that bit about the fire-etched fingerprints. Probably on metal, some plastic, or ceramics... but wood and other flammables would be destroyed by the fire. Of course, Greg is a doctor, not a detective. So he don't know any better anyway.

Greg looked at each person quickly, saying "I don't think anyone is going to die any time soon... I mean, everyone looks stable. So I'll drive - just remind me to stay on the left." He hopped in the driver's seat and asked, "Where to?"

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:54 pm
by Papa Gateau
OOC:   Albert is still crawling in the opposite direction, blood pissing out of his leg  

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:39 pm
by ghill
Albert,Liz has already tied a tourniquet around Albert's leg - badly and Andy has said he's helping get the casualties into the car, so unless Albert is actually trying to get away from Andy I'd suggest he's been dragged over to the car.

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:46 am
by Mr. Handy

"Well, Fay needs to go to hospital," says Liz, making herself comfortable in the back. "I think we all need to go to hospital. After we get rid of the weapons, of course."

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:23 am
by ghill
OOC: Clay/Jacob,Going to hospital for the treatment of gunshot wounds is pretty much the same as handing yourself into the police, just with a slight delay. Jacob seriously doubts any of them could avoid arrest, as a suspect in the crimes Jacob wouldn't be able to represent any of the others.

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:57 am
by royya
Going to the hospital is as going to the police. The authorities over there will notify the police about our shots wounds, we will be arrested.
Jacob says
We must do it in a private "underground" place. Clay, if you know someone ...

As for leaving the state, we better hurry. We can take a flight to Tunis or Lybia to cover our tracks somehow and then take a boat to Malta.

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:22 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg nodded to Jacob, "It's the same way in the States... doctors have to report all gunshot injuries. And with this mysterious fire and the bodies left behind, anyone with burn injuries might be eyed with suspicion tonight. I can take care of most of our injuries, given time... but I still need plasma or a blood donor and blood types all around. Anyone got a microscope? Some surgical supplies would be handy too... tubing, clamps, forceps, etc. I have a lot of useful equipment in my kit, but it's not like a full blown surgical room by any means."

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:59 pm
by carnage_lee
Andy Wade

Feeling sick and dizzy Andy tries to concentrate on what's happening though the pain from his burns still spikes through his conciousness.

"Look... I'm a journalist, I was sent to get an Interview, right. So that means my editor knows where I was... and this shit-storm's gonna be splashed all over the media in about twenty minutes. I reckon that if the bleeding mobiles are up I can call the office .. tell them 'our version' of what happened and use that to get our story out... innocent bystanders, whatever, heroic effort to save the girl blah blah. That'll buy us time with the cops.. we need proper treatment not some back ally saw bones. So far we've only acted in self defence.." Andy skates over that fact that the others came 'tooled up' and if that were proven a 'self-defence' argument would go out the window faster than some greased weasel shit off a shiny shovel. If he could 'spin' things right then they might get some breathing space. ... but if you treat the girl and she takes a turn for the worst... and Albert looks to be in a real bad way.. his leg might be broke too .." he shrugs, then immediately regrets it as the inferno of pain radiates from his neck and the back of his head.

".. Something like.... you were at the door, I was approaching to get the interview... all hell broke loose, we bundled in the house... looks like two lots of gypo's were taking shots at each other ... we got caught in the cross-fire got shot at, then the place was torched... we legged it out the back... girl got hit... we legged it as the other lot attacked our attackers... got to the lane.. heard some shooting... dead bloke, car.. if we get rid of the guns we can blame the .. the whatever the hell they were... Albanian drug runners my boss reckoned... " he looks at the others to see if his arguments have been persuasive.

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:58 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg put his hands in his lap and looked in the rear-view mirror a bit offended, "Back-alley saw bones? I beg your pardon? I am a doctor... a surgeon to be exact!" He looked to Clay, Jacob and Liz and said, "How about we drop these two off at the hospital and leave them to their fate." Looking to Andy, Greg adds, "You're a fool if you think the law is your only concern. Those people we shot up back there? They got friends, and they hold grudges... and I don't know if you caught it or not, but they have this really neat way of making a fire do their bidding. Even if you do get released from jail, you can bet you won't last a night once your name gets plastered in the news."

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:47 am
by BenTheRat
Clay was keeping a watch out as they drove. "No hospitals for me, that's for sure. Doc, what are the odds of you just walking in, grabbing what you need and walking out. I've been in a few of them, most of the time if you know what you're doing, no one says a word. Rarely any security." He thinks for a bit. "Actually make a right up here, I know a place we can go to rest up. I might even know someone who can get us what you need, but it will probably cost."

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:08 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thanks," Liz says to Andy, "but if it's all the same, I'd rather not have my name in the papers." She massages her shoulder where Jacob had accidentally punched her, easing her pain.

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:35 pm
by Papa Gateau
Albert holds a bloody rag to the gaping wound in his leg, trying to remain conscious.

Just get the fucking doctor what he fucking needs - morphine is a good start" he gives a little whimper as teh car bounces over a pothole Clay you need to torch this car and whoever is fit enough needs to get mine, we'll need wheels. You, the reporter, you're right this is going to be all over the news and you need to spin us out of the vicinity

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:58 pm
by royya
No paper, No hospital and no police. We must buy time and putting our names and the story in a paper will lead to us. let the police take their time and investigate, we'll have time to heal and leave the kingdom.
Jacob says.
I know the police and I know their attorneys, our story will not hold much time, they will break us fast and will find holes in our story. we must go underground and leave the country and I think Malta is our next stop.

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:57 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg responded to Clay, "I'm sure I could find and secure what we needed, but if anyone raised suspicion... I'm not accustomed to the criminal way. I probably can't lie my way out of a paper bag. Maybe if I had help... a distraction would be nice."

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:52 pm
by BenTheRat
"Lets get to the house, and make sure everyone's going to live. Then the two of us will head to the hospital to get you what you need," Clay says. "Yea, make a left and into the alley there. It's just up ahead."

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:53 pm
by ghill
OOC:   A lot of what Greg needs he can get from normal outlets, nothing he wants is illegal - although it may raise eyebrows.

The only thing he'll need Greg to do is "aquire" drips.

The girl however should go to hospital she needs surgery and the sooner she gets that the better. Greg could conduct the surgery, but its not something he can consider outside a surgical theatre.

Also while Greg can certainly treat Andrew, he should also probably go to hospital if he's not to be permanently scarred.  

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:04 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yeah, let's get this car off the streets," says Liz. "Even if nobody saw it leave the scene, someone will notice that it's got a boot full of holes...sorry about that."

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:16 am
by ghill
OOC:   The girl needs the hospital! 100...99...98..  

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:53 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,Was she shot or burnt?
Greg admits, "The girl is probably beyond my help. We'll have to get her admitted at the very least. We could leave her somewhere and phone in an anonymous tip though."

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:06 pm
by BenTheRat
"Crap, lets drop her at an ER and go. They will help her. Head for the nearest hospital, then we will circle back."
Clay says.

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:42 pm
by ghill
Clay,Safe houses don't grow on trees, so Clay will have to make some phone calls and have some cash handy. If he's got a lot of cash he can arrange for all the medical equipment as well. Either way it's not going to be instant gratification. Aspirins it is then. :)

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:56 am
by BenTheRat
ghill,sorry from your other post it sounded like I knew where a safe house was we could go to. I figured any med stuff would cost.
As we head for the nearest hospital, Clay gets on his phone, "Let me make a call." After a bit he gets off. "Ok, I think I have a place lined up but its going to cost."

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:18 am
by Mr. Handy

"We'd better at least drop her off at Accident and Emergency," says Liz. "We can't just leave her somewhere and have her wait to be picked up. After that we can swing by the place. I've got a bit of cash, but prolly not quite enough."

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:18 am
by ghill
Clay,Your "friend" says you can dispense with the cash if you were prepared to do him a small favour.

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:45 pm
by Papa Gateau
Listen guys - there will be CCTV at the hospital and possibly on some of the major roads leading to it. If the doc says she needs hospital, then that's what she needs but we all don't need to be on CCTV and Crimewatch. And this car definitely needs torching once she's been dropped off.

We're pissing DNA all over the car, we can't leave that kind of evidence lying around

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:07 pm
by royya
I totally agree
Jacob says
We must get rid of the car

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:31 pm
by carnage_lee
Andy Wade

"Get us to the Hospital; the girl is in bad shape... and these.." he holds up his hands, the backs red and blistered weeping clear fluid and hurting like hell. "are going to need some serious treatment too. I can keep you out of the papers, you keep the pistol I used ... that'll incriminate me too.. if I drop you lot in it... but as I don't know your names and that ain't going to happen." Andy takes a deep breath "I'll keep things simple, the police will still look for you guys but my descriptions will be off and you'll have a good head-start."

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:42 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you," says Liz. "If you can, put in a good word for us and get the truth out. Well, at least I'll be safe from the CCTV cameras riding in the boot. I've got my laptop here, and I might be able to fool the cameras, but we're liable to pass too many of them."

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:04 am
by carnage_lee
Andy Wade

"It'll be more than a 'good word', don't worry about that." Andy replies to Liz "I wouldn't start try to get to clever with the cctv... I doubt it'd pick up a lot, well definitely the car and the number plate, keep the sun-visors down that will help too. As soon as you can buy a couple of pay-as-you go phones and pay in cash, get top up cards from different shops and use those to keep in touch with each other." Andy pauses for a few moments."In my wallet is some cash, about £120, take it and my card but don't call the numbers on it. There's a website.. 'area51uk.com' I kind of help run it.. register on there and send me a private message 'AlienAndy' as soon as I can I'll check that... please do it... I want to help."

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:18 pm
by BenTheRat
ghill,[color=#0000FF]"so what kind of favor are we talking about here? We could also use some first aid stuff and we need to clean a ride and toys."[/color] [b]Clay [/b]asks of the man on the other end of the phone.
Clay makes sure the visor is down and his hoodie covers most of his face. He is still talking quietly into his cell.

Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:54 am
by Mr. Handy

"Cool, and cheers. I'll be sure to do that," says Liz with a smile. "Sounds like my kind of place. I'll register as SarahConnor, so you'll know it's me."

Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:08 am
by ghill
Clay,"You know the sort of thing move a package from one place to another, make sure nothing happens to it, nothing serious. So with that discount, then for a couple of grand I can get you all the medical kit you need and a local place to lie up for a few days, no questions asked."

Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:33 am
by ghill
You drive to the nearest Accident and Emergency centre, where Andy gets out and takes the girl, the rest of you drive off in the car, watching as first a nurse, then a passing paramedic rush out to assist.

Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:56 pm
by BenTheRat
Clay replies to the phone, "sounds good." He hangs up and turns the phone off. "Ok, guys I have a place for us and the med crap we need but it'll cost a couple grand." He pauses for a second. "Can we come up with that?"
Then over to Liz, "Great movie," then in the bad accent, "I'll be back."

Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:15 pm
by royya
I'll have to check my savings.
Jacob says
OOC:   Credit rating [dice]0[/dice]  

Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:33 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yeah, wearing sunglasses and toting a shotgun while people were trying to kill us kind of reminded me of it," says Liz. "I'm amazed I was able to bring three of those blokes down, including the one who shot Fay. Would've been four, but that last one cheated. I may have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but I have the heart and stomach of a Terminator." She goes through her wallet. "I think I can scrape up a hundred or two."
OOC,I already rolled and failed, but not by much.

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:39 am
by ghill
OOC:   As the 'safe house' is not entirely dependant on cash I'll move things along - however anyone who hasn't done (or wishes to do so) so should do a Credit Rating check to see if you can scrape up the cash for Clays "friends"  
Andy needs to go here

The rest of you go here.