CH2-3a Saving Lives?

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Post by ImpInTraining »

Medicine - critical success!,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4419852/]Medicine (65%) (1d100=4)[/url]
At direction, Greg got up and hauled the girl to the car, setting her gently in the back. "I can drive, if no one else rather. But I might be better off tending to some of these injuries." To Andy, he says "I'm a doctor. We don't have to go to the hospital... but we may need some plasma."
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

We need a story, medical help and a good lawyer, good thing that I am one. Our finger prints and blood are all over the house, clearly we were attacked. The bullet shells all around the house and inside the house were ours as well, not to speak about the bodies inside and outside. We need to hide the weapons and get help and present ourselves as innocent victims of a gang fight.
Jacob says, holding his arm tightly. It hurts like hell.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg asked, "What's to keep this girl from telling the truth?" he motioned with a jerk of his head to the unconscious girl laying in the car seat. "Does anyone here have a record? If they lift our fingerprints - which will be made unbelievably hard due to the massive fire we left behind - will anyone actually be on record?" Greg shrugged suggesting, "I think our investigation is going to be leading us to a foreign country. Maybe it might be in our best interest not to say anything, try to keep our distance from anyone in authority, and just leave. We could always come back later after things blow over."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

OOC: Clay,No way, no how are you going near the police, you have a record and as a matter of course they'll check for firearms residue. Guilt by association means if every one's story isn't watertight then they'll will check the others, after which it'll go downhill fast. Oh and to add to the fun, you can pretty much guarantee due to the source of your firearms they will have been used in multiple crimes, before the shoot out to release the girls.
Fingerprints,Funnily enough I just learnt this on Person of Interest that with a number of materials, fire actually etches the fingerprints into the material
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

"Forget it, we ain't going back. I ain't talking to no cops. Let them come find me but I ain't making it easy for them." Clay gets in the car front passenger seat. "We need to get out of here and dump these weapons."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yeah, I agree," says Liz. "I could drive if I have to, but I'm rubbish at it. I think Fay will be grateful that we've saved her life and would be amenable to leaving out certain details, but we really need to talk to her before the coppers do so we can get our stories straight. If the weapons are traced back to us, we could try claiming we took them off some of our attackers, but let's hope that doesn't happen."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,I don't doubt that bit about the fire-etched fingerprints. Probably on metal, some plastic, or ceramics... but wood and other flammables would be destroyed by the fire. Of course, Greg is a doctor, not a detective. So he don't know any better anyway.

Greg looked at each person quickly, saying "I don't think anyone is going to die any time soon... I mean, everyone looks stable. So I'll drive - just remind me to stay on the left." He hopped in the driver's seat and asked, "Where to?"
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

OOC:   Albert is still crawling in the opposite direction, blood pissing out of his leg  
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Albert,Liz has already tied a tourniquet around Albert's leg - badly and Andy has said he's helping get the casualties into the car, so unless Albert is actually trying to get away from Andy I'd suggest he's been dragged over to the car.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, Fay needs to go to hospital," says Liz, making herself comfortable in the back. "I think we all need to go to hospital. After we get rid of the weapons, of course."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Clay/Jacob,Going to hospital for the treatment of gunshot wounds is pretty much the same as handing yourself into the police, just with a slight delay. Jacob seriously doubts any of them could avoid arrest, as a suspect in the crimes Jacob wouldn't be able to represent any of the others.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Going to the hospital is as going to the police. The authorities over there will notify the police about our shots wounds, we will be arrested.
Jacob says
We must do it in a private "underground" place. Clay, if you know someone ...

As for leaving the state, we better hurry. We can take a flight to Tunis or Lybia to cover our tracks somehow and then take a boat to Malta.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg nodded to Jacob, "It's the same way in the States... doctors have to report all gunshot injuries. And with this mysterious fire and the bodies left behind, anyone with burn injuries might be eyed with suspicion tonight. I can take care of most of our injuries, given time... but I still need plasma or a blood donor and blood types all around. Anyone got a microscope? Some surgical supplies would be handy too... tubing, clamps, forceps, etc. I have a lot of useful equipment in my kit, but it's not like a full blown surgical room by any means."
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

Feeling sick and dizzy Andy tries to concentrate on what's happening though the pain from his burns still spikes through his conciousness.

"Look... I'm a journalist, I was sent to get an Interview, right. So that means my editor knows where I was... and this shit-storm's gonna be splashed all over the media in about twenty minutes. I reckon that if the bleeding mobiles are up I can call the office .. tell them 'our version' of what happened and use that to get our story out... innocent bystanders, whatever, heroic effort to save the girl blah blah. That'll buy us time with the cops.. we need proper treatment not some back ally saw bones. So far we've only acted in self defence.." Andy skates over that fact that the others came 'tooled up' and if that were proven a 'self-defence' argument would go out the window faster than some greased weasel shit off a shiny shovel. If he could 'spin' things right then they might get some breathing space. ... but if you treat the girl and she takes a turn for the worst... and Albert looks to be in a real bad way.. his leg might be broke too .." he shrugs, then immediately regrets it as the inferno of pain radiates from his neck and the back of his head.

".. Something like.... you were at the door, I was approaching to get the interview... all hell broke loose, we bundled in the house... looks like two lots of gypo's were taking shots at each other ... we got caught in the cross-fire got shot at, then the place was torched... we legged it out the back... girl got hit... we legged it as the other lot attacked our attackers... got to the lane.. heard some shooting... dead bloke, car.. if we get rid of the guns we can blame the .. the whatever the hell they were... Albanian drug runners my boss reckoned... " he looks at the others to see if his arguments have been persuasive.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg put his hands in his lap and looked in the rear-view mirror a bit offended, "Back-alley saw bones? I beg your pardon? I am a doctor... a surgeon to be exact!" He looked to Clay, Jacob and Liz and said, "How about we drop these two off at the hospital and leave them to their fate." Looking to Andy, Greg adds, "You're a fool if you think the law is your only concern. Those people we shot up back there? They got friends, and they hold grudges... and I don't know if you caught it or not, but they have this really neat way of making a fire do their bidding. Even if you do get released from jail, you can bet you won't last a night once your name gets plastered in the news."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay was keeping a watch out as they drove. "No hospitals for me, that's for sure. Doc, what are the odds of you just walking in, grabbing what you need and walking out. I've been in a few of them, most of the time if you know what you're doing, no one says a word. Rarely any security." He thinks for a bit. "Actually make a right up here, I know a place we can go to rest up. I might even know someone who can get us what you need, but it will probably cost."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thanks," Liz says to Andy, "but if it's all the same, I'd rather not have my name in the papers." She massages her shoulder where Jacob had accidentally punched her, easing her pain.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

Albert holds a bloody rag to the gaping wound in his leg, trying to remain conscious.

Just get the fucking doctor what he fucking needs - morphine is a good start" he gives a little whimper as teh car bounces over a pothole Clay you need to torch this car and whoever is fit enough needs to get mine, we'll need wheels. You, the reporter, you're right this is going to be all over the news and you need to spin us out of the vicinity
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

No paper, No hospital and no police. We must buy time and putting our names and the story in a paper will lead to us. let the police take their time and investigate, we'll have time to heal and leave the kingdom.
Jacob says.
I know the police and I know their attorneys, our story will not hold much time, they will break us fast and will find holes in our story. we must go underground and leave the country and I think Malta is our next stop.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg responded to Clay, "I'm sure I could find and secure what we needed, but if anyone raised suspicion... I'm not accustomed to the criminal way. I probably can't lie my way out of a paper bag. Maybe if I had help... a distraction would be nice."

Return to “Watch the World Burn”