CH2-3a Saving Lives?

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You said yourself there were burglaries in the area," says Liz. "It might have been them. That's more serious than fly tipping, and I think the police would do something. If it were me, I'd call them."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by ghill »

"Your probably right" says the girl clearly looking relieved at being taken seriously "I just didn't want to seem like a worry wort. Anyway, dad isn't here do you want me to take your details and get him to ring you?"
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

ooc - Invisible castle is down. ghill, can you roll for me the psychology roll.

Jacob tries to analyse the woman.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, what time do you expect him back?" asks Liz.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Jacob Psychology,Jacob believes the girl is being disingenuous about her father 'being out' she's not telling the whole truth. He thinks either she doesn't know when he'll be back or knows he wont be back anytime soon.
The girl looks at Liz for a moment "Um... this evening sometime I guess, but he said he'd ring to tell me what their plans were"
OOC:   Clay and Greg go here please  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We were hoping he'd be back sooner," says Liz, "as when we got here you said he'd be back in a bit." She looks at Albert. "Shall we go somewhere else until then?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

As Liz addresses Albert, they all three become aware of the crunch of gravel as a young man walks into the driveway.
OOC:   Can I have listen rolls from everyone but Andy  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

From the other side of the hedge there is the sound of car doors opening and someone (Clay for those who recognise it) yells "AMBUSH" at the top of their voice. This is followed moments later by the sound of a shotgun.

In the doorway the girl now with the door halfway open, looks startled and unsure of what to do. As the shotgun blast rings out she turns and rushes back into the house for a nearby phone.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Andrew Wade

As he takes in the scene on the doorstep he things to himself "Damn... someone else has got a sniff of the story and they got here first... shit!" Under the assumption that the two talking to the girl are also journalists. The sudden cry of "AMBUSH" stops him in his tracks. The load blast that follows sends Andrew into a crouching spin as he turns around towards the street.

Shocked by the scene he yells "Get inside... call the police!"

Andrew briefly considered grabbing some of the larger stones from the drive and borrowing them through the front windows of the houses opposite, but discounted that... the shotgun blast would draw a response from any one nearby... hopefully they'd get straight onto the phone too. He looks out into the road, trying to make out what is going on, looking to see how many attackers are there, how many are armed and what with.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   A Spot hidden from Andrew to assess numbers please.  
As Andrew pokes his head back out into the road he can see two men crouched in the cover of a nearby car and the unmistakable pok! pok! sounds of rounds striking its bodywork. About 20 meters away he can see a bunch of guys running down the street towards him. As he leans out to get a better idea of numbers he feels a sudden pain in his hand as a bullet shatters a brick on the gatepost he's leaning against. Clearly there are people coming from the other direction as well!
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

Albert grabs Liz and pulls her through the front door, shouting "Jacob get the fuck in here now!", he pauses a fraction, waiting for Jacob before slamming the door and sliding locks into place.

He turns to the girl "Okay love, what's your name and is there a back way out of here? Is there anybody else in the house? The men out there are extremely dangerous - we need to get out of here, is there a way out through the garden?"

He turns to Liz "Can you get through to Clay see if he can get round to the back of the house with the car, if he's not too busy being shot at"
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   Its at this point that Jacob and or Liz probably realise their blue-tooth headsets don't seem to be working.  
"I'm Fay Mathers there is a hedge and then its open fields until the road. But shouldn't we call the police" She already has the phone in her hand and is clearly dialing 999
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Andrew Wade
AW-Spot Hidden: 35,[dice]0[/dice]
Ducking back with a yelp as fragments of brick pepper his left hand, Andy swears loudly. Looking across at the men using the car for cover, he makes some snap decisions. He needs cover, proper cover and those two were caught up in this just like him. These lunatics were shooting, SHOOTING... if he didn't move he was dead!

He yells - "We need to get inside, the fuckers are everywhere! RUN FAST! INTO THE HOUSE NOW!"

With that he scoots off up the drive as fast as possible, thankful for his lack of height.. as he charges up the path he sees the people on the threshold duck inside...

"Wait... " he wails desperately, as the door starts to close....
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Ok Fay we don't have time - this is a nice street, I promise you your neighbours will call the police about a gun battle on the street.

The men out there are after some research that your father has received, they've already killed one man for it. Do you remember if your dad has his laptop with him? Which room is his office?

He turns to Liz "I'll check the office, you need to get out of here with Fay. Head across the fields, flag down a car and head somewhere safe - a travelodge or something. I'll call you when I'm in the clear. Move fast, zig-zag, don't run in a straight line. Now GO GO GO!

ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Fay looks at Albert "Dad's taken his lap top with him"
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

He turns back to Fay Does he have another computer in his office?

ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Fay taps at the phone trying to get a dial tone. "Yeah he has this big old box under his desk, its upstairs at the back next door to the bath room. But why?"
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

"Because what they want may be on there as well!"

He turns to Liz "Ok the time for talking is over - take Fay and get as far away from here as you can!" and then back to Fay "Go with Liz, go now, your life depends on it!"

Albert risks a quick glance out of the window and heads up the stairs, looking for the office.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Bloody bluetooth's not working!" says Liz when she tries to call out. "They must be using a jamming device. Hope somebody on this block has a landline, but we can't wait for the bobbies to show up, it'll be too late. Just hope there aren't too many of them round the back." She gives Fay a forced smile and speaks in the best Austrian accent she can muster. "Come with me if you want to live." Then she tries to find the back door.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Watch the World Burn”