CH2-2f/b Alberts Place

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

CH2-2f/b Alberts Place

Post by ghill »

Albert, Liz and Clay reunite outside Albert's rather cramped* home.

OOC: Cramped,Largely because it is full of old but well used and top of the range Photographic equipment or equipment associated with photographic reproduction.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: CH2-2f/b Alberts Place

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz looks at the equipment with admiration once Albert lets them inside. "Wow, this stuff is all top drawer!" she says. "I sure couldn't afford any of this. I know a bit about photography, but I'm just an amateur. You're the real deal."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

"Thanks" he points to some framed prints on the wall of big name rock stars from the previous century - Bowie, Jagger, Madonna, Springsteen etc. "those are all mine, though I don't do so much of that type of work anymore".

He walks into the kitchen, music starts playing in the background and he comes back a minute later with three cold and opened bottles of Peroni and a pizza menu, he hands a bottle to Liz and Clay and leaves the menu on the coffee table "Make yourselves at home, choose your pizza, I'll be having a vegetarian with extra bacon and pepperoni. I'll just put some of this kit back where it belongs.

He busies himself, clearing his apparatus and moving it back into the guest bedroom/office. As he does so, you realise that the place wasn't particularly messy and that everything had been laid out or placed to facilitate whatever he had been doing, everything is taken back in a certain order.

"Right then" he says, coming in and sitting on a chair opposite his guests now that's all nice and tidy have you made your choices?"
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay looks about unimpressed with old camera equipment. Must be some geek thing. "Yea, nice place. That veggie with bacon sounds great."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'll have pepperoni, please," says Liz. She sets up her laptop on the table and hooks up the external drive to it, then turns it on. She sets to work while they wait for the pizza, and she is finally able to penetrate the first level of security well before the pizza arrives. "Guess all I needed was a change of scenery. Now to gain access to the account."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Excellent! That's a good start Liz

Albert picks up the phone and places the pizza order, adding 3 tubs of Haagen Daz to the order.

Right, that'll be about 20 minutes. While we're waiting why don't we find out a bit more about each other - seeing as we're going to be working together. Clay, you start, where you from, what do you do, what are your hobbies, you know that sort of stuff!

Hang on! I'll be back in a sec. Albert disappears into the kitchen and returns with 3 more bottles of beer, passes them out and then looks quizzically at Clay

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay thanks Albert for the beer and takes a drink, "Well seeing as how you're the new guy, why don't you kick us off?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Oh, goodie, I love Haagen-Dahz!" says Liz as she works, licking her lips in anticipation.
OOC,Each of these Computer Use rolls takes me 15 minutes, so I'd better wait to make the next one. This attempt will be done about fifteen minutes after the food arrives.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Computer Use:,Don't worry about Computer Use rolls this isn't a stressful environment and Liz doesn't have to worry about being subtle with her techniques so she'll penetrate the security.
The most interresting data Liz can find is in the Prof's mail box

Mail One
To: 0121233@hotmail.com
Sent: Saturday, July 18, 2008 7:38 PM
Subject: Draft Copy

Sir,
At this point while I admit the paper is only a draft, it fundamentally frames my argument, with some small additions I believe my studies have been nothing less than ground breaking.I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your past generosity both in terms of financial assistance as well as time and effort. I hope that your business interests will allow us to one day meet so I may thank you personally.
I have included an attachment containing the first draft of the paper.
Yours
Adrian Gosshamm

Mail two

To: 0121233@hotmail.com
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2008 7:38 PM
Subject: Success.
Sir,
I believe I may have now found the conclusive evidence to prove my thesis. I shall travel back to Northern Albania again. Hopefully, I will have very pleasing news for you when I return.
Yours
Adrian Gosshamm

The second mail was sent 7 days before Gosshamm died.

Mail three

To: MDemachi@hotmail.com
Sent: Saturday, August 3, 2008 7:38 PM
Subject: Draft Copy

Hey Mazzi,

Well, despite all the fuss I got home safely. I have just posted you the complete package, including a full and final draft.All you need do is insert the completed translations and it is done. I included the details of everything I saw when over with you and although a bit melodramatic I think it adds a bit of reality to what is an otherwise fantastical conclusion.

Hope you appreciate all the effort, I printed this opus on that same little desktop printer at home you saw last time, and it’ll never be the same again.

Unfortunately, I’ll have to ask Charles and Tom to give their copies back; I don’t think they’ll be upset when I tell them why, although I suspect they’ll be gutted I came out to see you without telling them.

Love
Ade
OOC: Sorry,Thought I'd posted all this yesterday.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz copies the attached final draft to her hard drive and opens it up to take a look at the file. "It certainly looks like he was onto something before they killed him," she says. "This Mazzi Demachi chap may know more. He may also be a target, so we'd better find and speak to him as soon as we can. I'll see what I can find out about him on the Internet. He'd also know who Charles and Tom are. They've seen this paper too. I wonder who's behind this 0121233 account? All I can tell is that it's a man, that he'd never met the prof in person, and that he's been the one funding this research. That means he's prolly involved with Kush nderton, a charity dedicated to preserving Albanian heritage and history. When I spoke to the prof's assistant Shauna, she told me they were the ones funding it."
OOC,I thought it was currently May 2008.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:,Yeah, its 2008 - corrected.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay makes himself at home. If there is a tellie, he flips it on and looks for a football match. Maybe Arsenal is playing. "From your squeals of delight I'm guessing you cracked it. Anything interesting?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yup, that's what my squee meant," says Liz. She turns the laptop so he can see the screen. "This paper should explain why he was planning to return to Albania, and we've got some more leads to check out now."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Great job. Have you talked to Greg and Jacob yet?" Clay flips through a couple more channels, and leaves it on a match of 2 teams he could really care less about, but football is still football and goes over to read what Liz found.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Not yet," says Liz, "but I'll do it now." She sends a text to Greg and Jacob that she found what she sought and to expect an email. Then she copies and pastes the professor's email messages into one that she sends to both of them, attaching the final draft of his paper.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay looks over at Albert, "Yea there are a couple more of us."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

"Oh right! Are they near by,do you want to invite them in to the party?"

He looks to Liz "Can you send me a copy of that paper too?"

Albert clears away the empty pizza boxes and brings the ice-creams, spoons and more beer from the kitchen.

"So what are your friends upto tonight, more breaking and entering?" he smiles while cracking the joke.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Sure, no problem," says Liz, forwarding him a copy of the email once he gives her his email address. "Tonight I think we'll just be doing research. Otherwise, how are we to know where we have to break and enter and what we have to nick next?" she adds with a wink. She eagerly takes a tub of ice cream and a spoon and begins to systematically devour it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Albert flips open his laptop, opens the attachment from Liz and begins to skim read it.

ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Greg arrives at Alberts house having taken a Taxi from Deerhurst to Brichester.

After making introductions and receiving assurances about Albert, he fills everyone in on the stuff in the lockup. Passing around his phone so everyone can see the photos.

"There is simply to much stuff there to look at in the half hour we had, I reckon its worth going back at some point or other, so we can take a proper look at this stuff. So whats the plan now? I looked at the mails can we work out who he is talking about in them?"
OOC: Link,Will take you to where the contents of the boxes is discussed if you haven't already read it

Return to “Watch the World Burn”