Ch2-2G The profs house.

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: Ch2-2G The profs house.

Post by ghill »

As far as Greg can see there isn't anything particularly out of the ordinary. A large builders skip is full of burnt and or water damaged furniture and builders rubbish, but apart from that, whoever is managing the site has kept everything neat and tidy.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg circles around back to the front after making sure there were no remains of the prior tenant and came up to the front door to knock.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The front door is open and Greg can hear raised voices inside "Come on Mr Greenburg, who are you really? Are you with the press?"
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

ooc - sorry. I'm asking the question again.
ghill wrote:"What a lot of questions you have, let me think. Graffiti no none. Nothing was stolen as far as I know or if it was Adrian didn't tell me about it. Adrian and I put nearly all of his stuff into storage, he had lots of strange odds and ends though, it was quite interesting packing it away."

OOC:,Bear in mind that most people do not believe in magic, so outright asking about strange carvings or symbols is going to arouse suspicion. If you don't want to waste 'real world' time dancing around the issue then I'm always happy for you to paraphrase what it is you want to know and rely on the [b]Persuade[/b] skill. While a solicitor isn't a barrister (a courtroom lawyer) it seems reasonable Jacob would know the best way to get people to open up and tell him the things he wants to know.
May I ask kind sir, since you were unfamiliar with the professor's belonging you might not suspect if something was stolen. Can I kindly ask you to show me where you storage the late professor's things as I wish to see for myself.
Jacob asks with a smile.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

"Adrian packed them and he didn't seem to think anything was stolen...So where do you know Adrian from then Jacob? I've never seen you at the house in all the years Adrian lived here. I'll be honest the press have been sniffing around here a lot since he was killed and I'm not letting you look at Adrian's possessions unless I'm 100% sure you need to."
Persuade roll,You need to make a [b]persuade roll[/b], for someone who is supposed to be a friend, jacobs language is excessively formal. 2000's not 1930's remember ;). Like I've said before if your not sure what Jacob should say just paraphrase and and rely on the [b]Persuade[/b] roll
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Persuade roll (1d100=16) - Success.

That is a long story and I don't want to waste your time, you need a house to paint right.

Jacob says with a smile
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

"No go ahead" says Adrian, "I was finished up here for the day"

So Jacob spends about ten minutes telling Tim of how he met Adrian about 5 years ago while on a walking holiday in Southern Europe, how they have kept up their friendship through the post and email and irregular meetings in London swapping ideas and interesting books whenever they came across them.

"Oh in that case I guess you want to take a look for your books then. Are they marked in some way? I wont be able to let you take anything otherwise."
OOC: Royya - Persuade/Fast Talk,Remember [b]Persuade[/b] is about convincing a person of the truth, so you need to at least tell me what Jacob is going to persuade someone [i]eg 'Jacob will persuade Tim that he and the Prof were friends and he should let me look at the profs stuff"[/i]. Tim now believes Jacob was the profs friend and will do so until Jacob does something to stop him or someone [b]Persuades[/b] him otherwise. "its a long story" is the sort of thing used for a [b]Fast Talk[/b] roll.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg paused at the door, not sure if he should barge in or stay put since it might put Jacob's charade at risk. He decided to just wait on the porch for now.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Do not worry sir. Just show me the way.
Jacob says
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

"If you just let me lock up, we can drive over. Do you have a car?"

Tim then busys himself going around the house shutting and locking windows and then locking the door, before heading out to his car.
Sorry,thought I'd answered this post.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

ghill wrote:"If you just let me lock up, we can drive over. Do you have a car?"

Tim then busys himself going around the house shutting and locking windows and then locking the door, before heading out to his car.
Sorry,thought I'd answered this post.
Yes I have a car.
While the man goes and locks the house Jacob sends an SMS to Greg indicating that he managed to persuade the man to show him the professor's stuff and he suggests Greg will stay tuned and he will send him the address where to come once they will arrive their since the man thinks Jacob is alone.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg acknowledges with a nod and starts a leisurely walk down the sidewalk, greatful it isn't raining currently. Using his smart phone, he starts searching for a taxi service that runs this area.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Luckily for Greg there is a local firm who can pick up in about 10 minutes.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Tim jumps into his Morris Minor and leads Jacob to a lockup on the other side of the village. The lockup looks as though it used to be a mechanic’s workshop or something similar. At the end of an old lane It looks old and worn, but weather proof and secure.

Tim unlocks the door and a separate padlock then pulls open the clearly stiff door. Inside, the lockup is cluttered with tools, garden supplies, car parts and camping gear most of which looks as though it has been untouched for some time. In a space by the door however is a selection of dismantled furniture and a collection of about a dozen boxes each marked “Adrian”. Tim gestures at the boxes, there's Adrian's stuff. "I think its the three boxes at the back hold the books and bits. He took a load of books and papers to his office at the college."
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Jacob text message the address to Greg, telling him to stop several buildings away so he will not raise suspicion.
Thank you
Jacob replies
I will be here for a while. where should I return the key when I'm finished?
Last edited by royya on Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Tim laughs "Oh I couldn't leave you here unaccompanied. I don't know you from Adam. I suggest you take a quick look now and if you can't find your books then we can arrange to meet here another time."
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Oh...I thought you had business to take care of, it can take me a while. You can trust me, I will return the key to you when I'll finish.

Jacob tries to convince Tim as he begin to skim the boxes for their content.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Tim thinks for a moment, then nods his head in agreement. "Well its true I do have some jobs I need to do, I'll come back in half an hour. If you need more time then I can always tidy up here. It certainly needs a bit of a reorganising in there"
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

See you later.
Jacob says without looking at him as he continue to look at the various boxes. The minute he is gone, Jacob waits several minutes and then he text message Greg. Come quickly, we have 20 minutes to search the place together before the landlord come back.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The three boxes Adrian indicated to Jacob are a small transparent document storage box (30cm x 50cm x 20cm) it is stuffed full of papers with a couple of books on top. A more substantial black plastic packing box (about 1m x 45cm by 10cm) secured with cable ties. Both sit on the final box a heavy wooden packing case which is securely screwed closed.

Return to “Watch the World Burn”