Ch2-2G The profs house.

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: Ch2-2G The profs house.

Post by ghill »

Tim looks a bit confused by Jacobs admission. "I'm sorry Jacob as I said before. I'm happy for you to recover your own possessions if they are mixed up with Adrian's, but I'm really not prepared for you to take anything if it isn't yours. If you have any suspicions about Adrian's death you really ought to take them to the police"
OOC:,Remember this wasn't what you said to [b]persuade[/b] him to let you look through the books. You'll need another [b]Persuade[/b] roll, otherwise he's not going to let you look at the books again.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

ooc,That not what I meant. I stated in the first saying that Jacob found his stuff as he tapped on the boxes. Then I said that I fear that everything is probably connected to the professor death and all I wanted to ask Tim is if he allow me to keep "my stuff" safe in here instead of taking it outside. Now Jacob wants to take "His" book now and return it later to the "safe place" if Tim allows it and change it with another book "I" own. What JAcob wants is to use this safe place instead of carrying everything with him.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:,Royya I'm a bit lost here are you trying to persuade Tim that the books in the first box are [b][u]All[/u][/b] yours? ...or are you simply saying that some are yours and you want to leave them here and come back and get them another time? Either way it needs a [b]Persuade[/b] roll.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

ooc - Yes, a mix - I want Tim to think that the boxes were mine and I want to leave them here for safekeeping if he allow me to.
Persuade Tim (1d100=31) - Pass

Sir, These books were a mutual work of the professor and me and as I stated earlier, I belive that our work is connected somehow to the professor's death and I will be happy if you will let me keep them here for now and allow me, on short notice, to open the storage for me when I'll need or even copy the key for me.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC Persuades,OK Royya there are a couple of different things you are trying to persuade him to do, a) the contents of the box is yours or at least partially so, b) they are connected somehow to the professor's death c) that he should let you leave them here and open up at short notice should you need them. I'm adjusting his response to the fact he's suspicious your trying to take books which aren't yours.
"I'd rather you take your books now, I'm a busy man, not a public storage facility. Most importantly, if you have any suspicions about Adrian's death you really must take them to the police"
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Moving on,Royya with a view to moving the game along, can I suggest heading over to the other [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/posting.php?mode=reply&f=192&t=4625#preview]thread[/url]. Tim's not going to be persuaded that all the books are yours btw as he knows differently.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

You are right sir.
Jacob is taking some of the books and puts the big box with the "fragments" in his car.

ooc, I passed the roll to convince him that the box was mine.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Tim politely points out that some of the books Jacob is claiming are his have dedications to the professor in them, so are clearly not yours. He's polite enough that he doesn't call you a liar to your face. When Jacob suggest taking the fragments he points out that you never mentioned anything other than the books as belonging to you and unless you can provide him with some evidence of ownership he not going to let you take them.
OOC:,I know that you made your [b]persuade[/b] roll,but basically the evidence, contradicts what you are saying so a straight persuade roll isn't going to cut it sorry.

Return to “Watch the World Burn”