Ch2-2c Greg & Jacob at the university Library

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: Ch2-2c Greg & Jacob at the university Library

Post by ghill »

The lad's finally looks at Greg "Did you mention money"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Credit Rating - Success!,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4102639/]Credit Rating (35%) (1d100=35)[/url]
Persuade - Success (even without the bonus),[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4102640/]Persuade (55%) (1d100=22)[/url]
Greg smiled and said, "Having spent a lot of time in higher education myself, I can sympathize with a student's need for a little extra money on hand. Everything you tell us will remain in the strictest confidence."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The young man discreetly holds out an open hand while Greg counts some notes into it.

"Professor Westerlund has been arrested by the local police out in Malta, they say he's been selling off artifacts from one of the digs. All three of the digs have been suspended, we were all sent home on Saturday. Prof Humphries came out along with a legal bloke for the university and they got the police to release us back to the UK. But all the supervising faculty members are still there being questioned."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg's brow furrowed as he wondered what, if anything, this had to do with the other professor's death. "Do you know what these artifacts were that were allegedly sold off, or to whom he had sold them?"
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

"The thing about the digs is they're all neolithic sites, its not as though there is a market for big pieces of rocks and the sort of things which you could sell are ten a penny because you can pick them up in the fields. I reckon someone official has heard some disgruntled local and jumped to conclusions"
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

Have you heard about artifacts called the Maltese Fragments ?
Jacob asks quietly
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

"I'd be a pretty poor archaeology student if I hadn't."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg asked, "Do you think it might be possible he was selling some of the fragments?"
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

He might have I suppose, but as artifacts go they aren't exactly culturally significant, hauling everyone off to prison is a massive over reaction to something like that. Its a bit like someone flogging (selling) indian arrowheads or knapped flints
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg pondered a little longer, assuming what the student to have said as true. "Is there a complete list of artifacts found in these excursions anywhere?"
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

"Everything and I do mean everything we find is photographed and documented, but as far as I'm aware Professor Westerlund is responsible for that"
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

And he is arrested in Malta ... what was the late Prof. Gosham's connection at this matter ?
Jacob asks
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The young man looks at Jacob, "Connection? I have no idea mate, I think the Prof Gossham came over to Malta a couple of times...but...look I'm not sure i really understand what your asking"
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Was he part of the expedition? a colleague of Professor Westerlund ?
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

"Like I said mate, the prof was school of European studies, the digs are run by the school of Archaeology and Ancient history. I guess he might have done some summer work there in the previous years though. Some people join the dig during summer recess, because apart from your flight and a bit for food, the accommodation is all paid for. It makes for a cheap summer holiday."
Should we stay or should we go now!,Greg and Jacob can clearly see a middle aged woman in twinset and pearls calling out to them as she walks purposefully down the corridor towards them. Jacob knows full well the university counts as private property and both men could be accused of trespass which is in some cases a criminal offence. NB Greg and Jacob have time to ask a quick question if they want to risk it - this doesn't look like a woman who would demean herself by running
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg didn't like the look on the approaching woman's face. She looked as if she meant business, and not the kind he was interested in. "Hey, thanks for all your help. Good luck with your studies and stuff." He looked to Jacob and said, "We have an appointment to catch, right?"
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Yes. let's get moving and find Liz and Clay
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Turning on their heels Greg and Jacob walk quickly out of the building then out of sight, the woman calls out after them asking them to stop. Concealed by the pillars of one of the vaulted sandstone corridors which surround the small quad they watch the woman stop at the doorway hands on hips she looks around for them then gives up clearly frustrated.

Go Here

Return to “Watch the World Burn”