CH2-2b Jacob & Clay

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

CH2-2b Jacob & Clay

Post by ghill »

Clay catches up with Jacob, "OK mate so whats the plan?"
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Re: CH2-2b Jacob & Clay

Post by royya »

Let's find the professor's office.
Jacob replies as he leads the way
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The Professor’s office is actually two adjoining rooms at the top of the Archaeology building. One room is a reception style room where a young lady seems to be wading through piles of paperwork, the other is or was the Professor’s study. Currently both rooms are cluttered with boxes. Most of the boxes look as though they are full of text books. The doors to both rooms are wide open, as is the connecting door.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

stay here.
Jacob says to Clay as they stand outside the room.
If I'm not succesful, it will be your turn to pretend you are the man who suppose to move the boxes to another place. Go and pick up a wheel cart from the janitor or something.
With that Jacob walks to the lady in the reception.

Hello and good morning, what is going on over here? Where is the professor? He told he will be here as I need to pick up some of my material from him.
Jacob address the lady with a concerned smile, hoping that she will wave him due to a work to enter and pick up "his" stuff.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The young lady looks up clearly flustered by Jacob's sudden appearance.

"I'm sorry I don't think I know you. Who are you?" <WFR/>

She goes on to rather tearfully explain what has happened to the professor after which wiping her eyes with a hanky she looks at Jacob and gives him a rather pathetic smile.

"I'm rather surprised you haven't heard it, his death was in all the newspapers and on the radio, they even did a bit about it on Crime Watch Anyway, you said something about materials what would those be? I have much of his stuff already organised so I shouldn't have any problems finding it.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

I'm sorry, I am Rabbi Jacob Greenberg. I was away on a trip to the Israel and just returned. These are sad news indeed ... my condolences, our life is dictated from above and I pray for god for his soul.
Jacob tries to comfort the lady and decides to be honest and starts to rain questions like an attorney
who did it? did he had enemies at work that you might know of?
Jacob asks with concern as he hands her his buisness card
Do you think he "unearthed" something in his projects that upset a colleague or maybe he did buisness in the black market.
Wow, I'm in surprised ...
May I ask what are you going to do with all his stuff? as the materials I'm interested are on the Ur-language and the "Maltese fragments".
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

"Hi Rabbi Greenberg, I'm Shauna the professors 'girl Friday'...... or rather I was." she gives another weak smile and then turns back to the piles of papers and boxes behind her.

Some will go to the University. Some, his private papers and some possessions will go to the solicitors handling his estate, although I think a large chunk of that will come back to the University. The rest probably the bin. Can you be a bit more specific about what the professor was supposed to be giving you? If its in his private papers I'm afraid I wont be ablt to give you any of it.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

I'm looking for materials about the "Maltese fragments".
Jacob replies
May I go over his stuff and find it?
I guess you have a lot of work and I do not want to bother you or be a burden. I will let you know if I'll find it.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Jacob,[b]Persuade[/b] roll please; she might be persuaded by Jacob's winning smile.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

[dice]0[/dice] - Persuade roll
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Jacob smiles to the nice lady as his charms influence her. A critical success. :)
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

"Well I shouldn't really let you but I suppose there isn't any real harm, I can't let you take anything but I have a scanner on my PC so we can make copies. You should probably start over there as its all his personal writings" she gestures at a large stack of cardboard boxes over on one side of the room.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

"Well I shouldn't really let you but I suppose there isn't any real harm, I can't let you take anything but I have a scanner on my PC so we can make copies. You should probably start over there as its all his personal writings" she gestures at a large stack of cardboard boxes over on one side of the room.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Many thanks miss.
with that Jacob goes to the professor's personal things and begin his search. He will check for anything related to Albania, the Maltese fragments, the Ur language and any suspicious letters he might find. Jacob's back will face the lady and he will take a photo of each required document with his smartphone as well.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Nearly every bit of his writing is related to Albania in some form or other and Jacob soon has a huge pile of material gathering at his feet. There doesn't seem to be any specific documents related to the Maltese fragments or the Ur language.
Jacob,[b]Library Use[/b] please.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Jacob search among the various papers and documents something that would be related.
[dice]0[/dice]
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Hmmm...I think I found something.
Jacob whispers to himself
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Actually, Jacob finds several references to the Maltese fragments and the Ur language in several documents, none of which adds to anything he already knows. The exception to this is one article where the prof illustrates similarities between Verbti tattoos and the designs on the Maltese fragments, he goes onto add that he believes ancient Verbti, might actually be the originators of the MAltese fragments or may even be the source of the Ur language. There is also reference to a accademic paper which should have come out later this year where he puts down a stronger thesis linking the three.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Jacob take photos with his smartphone of the entire paper and the reference. Nothing else in the professor's documents seems to be worth enough so he takes the original as well. He then fold it and put it among his stuff before he organize the rest back to place.
Jacob then tries to search an Albanian - English dictionary that might be handy and tries to find out if the Ur-Language in the many papers he found is indeed similiar to ancient biblical Hebrew.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

From behind him Jacob hears the young woman.

Um, excuse me Rabbi but what do you think your doing? I said you could make copies of some of the prof's work. I certainly didn't say anything about taking anything. I think you should give me whatever you've just hidden among your stuff and then I think perhaps its time for you to leave. You can come back when you have permission from the faculty head.

Return to “Watch the World Burn”