Ch2-2a Greg & Liz

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: CH2-2a Greg & Liz

Post by ghill »

Its clear from the non comital answers that although some people know her by face, no one is really friends with her.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz turns back to Greg and returns to the browser on her laptop. "Let's see if she's got a webpage," she says, fingers flying across the keyboard as she searches for Shauna WIlcox. "Maybe she's on Facebook too."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Shauna has a facebook page and a flikr account, the facebook page however is fairly locked down.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz learns what she can from the Facebook page, then looks through the flikr account for anything of interest. "She's smart not to put too much out in public on Facebook," she comments. "Not that that does us much good."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The Flickr account is pretty innocent Shauna is in the college netball team and there are some photos from a couple of training sessions and games and from what looks like a recent holiday/college trip which includes a bunch of students and what Liz assumes are proffessors the pics are titled "Bugaa's in Malta :)"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Malta, huh?" says Liz. "Maybe that trip had something to do with the Maltese Fragments." She searches online for information about the Bugaa's in Malta, starting with Wikipedia.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg is enjoying the pint, not really indulging in alcohol too often. He has moved his seat closer to Liz so he can watch as she does her thing and smiles. "Bet you could find anything on that thing," he commented rhetorically admiring from the side. Then he glances about to see if John has shown up yet and gives a quick glance at his watch.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

After a few minutes of "googling" Liz realises 'Buggas' is probably a pun on the abbreviation of the "Brichester University's Geography and Archaeology Society" and the word buggers. The society does indeed have a project going on in Malta (now in its third year), although it doesn't seem to be directly related to the Maltese fragments (i.e. they are not working at known writing people/fragment sites etc)

At this point Greg and Liz are joined by the young Irishman John Kneesdown, who armed with a pint of lager plonks himself down on the table in front of Liz and Greg.

"Hello Greg frankly I wasn't expecting to see you again."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Hullo," says Liz, smiling as she looks up from her laptop to focus on John. "I'm Liz, Dr, Hammer's research assistant."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg smiled as John joined them. He was too slow with the introduction, but he did manage to squeeze in for the return intros... "Liz, this is John Wheelsdown. He helped me the last time I was in town with some particularly strange tattoo research I was doing at the time."

Looking back to John, Greg said, "I would like to thank you for joining us, and we couldn't help but overhear about the terrible tragedy that befell Professor Gosshamm." He shook his head and fell silent a moment. "Can you tell us what happened?"
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

"If you've watched the news, you probably know as much as I do. It was lunchtime he nipped out to do a quick bit of shopping, they beat the living jesus out of him on the high street and drove off"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg shook his head and frowned. "Do you think it was a random mugging, or maybe a racially motivated act of violence?" Greg leaned in and said, "We've heard he may have been having a fling with one of his students. Perhaps they were relatives?"
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

"No idea frankly the police asked whether he'd had any dealing with drugs, I told them his only vice was scotch and a crafty fag every now and then. He certainly wasn't doing Shauna if thats who you mean, she is to the best of my knowledge the daughter of two primary teachers in Brighton, so no I don't think it was angry family. Anyway enough of that depressing stuff, you said you wanted an opinion about those tattoos. Well they are certainly all ethnic Albanian, what else do you want to know."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg's eyes darted over to Liz a moment, then back to John. "Well... yes, sorry. It's just that my research and his were on parallel paths on occasion it seems. I'm concerned those people might come after me next." He leaned back and shrugged, "But then again, I've got nothing to do with Malta, and maybe it was all about the fragments." He gauged John to see if the man had any reaction to that statement. "As for the tattoos, have you learned anything about their symbolism?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Is there a particular Albanian subgroup that the tattoos are from?" asks Liz.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

"Well as to Symbolism the tattoos are ethnic Albanian, probably Verbti, but I can't really tell you much about symbolism, I don't think the Verbti go into ritual tattooing like say the Polynesians or Maori. I'm afraid tattoos isn't really my thing."

John looks at Greg a bit strangely as though he's only just registered what Greg said "What makes you think the Professor's death had anything to do with Malta? If you know anything you should go and talk with the police, especially after all problems with the archeology department"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We haven't found any direct connection," says Liz. "We did discover that the murderers are Albanian, Verbti to be precise, and bear tattoos much like the ones you've seen. The only link to Malta is that the tattoo designs look oddly similar to the Maltese Fragments."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

"Like I said, you need to take any information you have to the police, I'm not sure they've got any real leads at the moment..." He pauses in thought. "I know the Prof's current paper was drawing in some of his more outlandish theories, about the Maltese fragments, but I can't see it as being any reason to kill him"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg asked, "What sort of other problems have there been in the archeological department?" He nodded to the man about the suggestion of going to the police, and nodded again in turn to Liz' response about having no real leads. "Maybe we might be able to take some time looking through his information on the fragments to see if there is anything definite we could take to the police? I'd love to help them bring the criminals to justice." No... it wasn't a direct lie. He just didn't think it was a realistic end to the situation.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The University's archeology department has been running a dig on Malta and Gozo every summer for yonks, I'd heard through the grapevine they were having problems with the local law, but faculty is being very closed mouthed about it.

Return to “Watch the World Burn”