OOC: General Discussion.

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: OOC: General Discussion.

Post by ghill »

Yep, thats the one. See Heading North thread the Norico Type-59 is a Chinese clone of the Russian Makarov pistol
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

I wanted to let everyone know, I'm going camping for the weekend, I'll be back Sunday and will catch up then. Feel free to NPC Greg until then.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

I'm on vacation til the 23rd but will try and post when I can
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Gents,

Please remember to update your character sheets with any damage you have taken.

Cheers

PS Sorry about the prolonged silence, work took over for a moment there.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Whoops... done that - Andy has taken a total of 6 pts so far (from the fire thing).
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Make sure they are noted as separate injuries so they can be treated as such.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Hey there, heading for a cruise for a week. So feel free to NPC for a week until I return on Thanksgiving day.

He will try his best to treat everyone for burns.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

Hey - it seems Albert has had a little too much sun and needs some aftersun rubbing in.

Whilst he waits the ministrations of a young nurse, I'll take on Alex as per your suggestion Mr Hill
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Shouldn't Alex have 13 HP rather than 12? HP is equal to the average of CON and SIZ, rounded up. The character sheet also lists a Damage Bonus of +0, but he qualifies for +1D4, and the melee attacks do take that into account. Kick should be 1D6+1D4.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Probably, I don't take that much notice of NPC's when I write them up for the scenario. Don't typically expect to be showing them to the PC's in that much detail.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

I will be AFK for sometime with low access to the internet. I'm traveling to NY and SF on a business trip for 8 days.
Roy
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Guys sorry about the prolonged absence, work is being an absolute pig at the moment. I will do a reasonable update as soon as possible.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Tell me about it! I've been having to rework and re-factor the report generating class files for one of the applications at work as the guy we got in to do these originally decided that an A4 page was about 16" x 11.5"; I can just about see the light at the end of that tunnel.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Bit of a last moment announcement, but I'm now going to be away until next week.

Sorry about the short notice

G
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Away for the next 4-5 days on a short break, I'll still be posting but not as frequently.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Hi Guys

Just wanted to take a moment to talk about the game. So this is the second time around I've played this game, the first time was with a bunch of close friends with whom I had played for many years (umm perhaps decades would be a better unit of measurement) we played weekly/fortnightly (with some gaps for holidays, and one weekend mega session etc) and the game was completed in six months. This game is fast approaching its 6th birthday (Tue Aug 09, 2011)

So two things occur to me certain clues are very old and I doubt anyone has been keeping notes, second my style of Keeping hasn't really changed at all for the medium we're playing in (My Bad and I apologise for this) which I think has overly drawn things out unnecessarily, this has I think lead to certain clues being missed and the importance of others not being understood or thought about.

So what I'd like to ascertain is what you think has happened. Not asking you to delve back through the forums, this is me asking you what you remember, what question you think you are trying to answer and what it might mean.

Any input would be beneficial but please have a think about what you can actually remember (even if you remember incorrectly)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I don't remember too well. I had thought that Gosshamm trespassing on their sacred ground would be reason enough for the Verbetoi to want to kill him (they sure tried to kill us for the same reason), but they might have had other reasons to track him down and kill him. Perhaps he had figured out something about their origins and was getting ready to publish his findings, but that doesn't explain how they got wind of it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

OK...

The Verbetoi were after Gossham because he stole artefacts from them (the book and sceptre) and also had started a thesis on their (the Verbetoi's) origins and their use of the 'Proto' language.

Gossham sent a draft of his thesis to someone that we didn't track down (they appeared to be a businessman with ties to the area (Albania); Gossham then went to Albania (met with Maria) and visited the same caves that we were just at (this is where he looted the items) - this trip was to gather evidence that would be conclusive - or to confirm the 'proof' that Gossham had. So this proof is/was in the caves that we were just in.

On his return to the UK Gossham takes a week(ish) to complete his thesis and sends it to Maria - she 'goes missing' after receipt and we find her body in the verbetoi caverns. Perhaps she was looking to confirm the latest thesis?

A day after Gossham sends the thesis he is murdered.

The whole thing seems to have been started a year and a half before the current events after Brichester Uni's dig on Malta - 'Maltese Fragments' seems to be the kicker to get Gossham all excited.

We found the items that Gossham looted in his 'lockup' and ended up leaving them with Prof Westerlund to examine - the sceptre seems to be able to make a fire/flame or cause other objects to burst into flame (as reported by Westerlund) - there were ceramics which have writing on that can cause people to go 'la-la' and re-write parts of the language centre of their brain. (not sure what happened with the ceramic pieces).

Evidence of similar writing in Albania
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

• Someone is/was funding Gossham's research.
  • Someone got the Brichester dig closed down.
  • The Verbetoi started out on Malta and moved to Albania - they were not well liked (feared) and seem to have had powerful magical aid.
  • It's unlikely that the person(s) funding Gossham are the Verbetoi or anyone with close links/friendly with them - BUT they must have tipped off the Verbtoi about Gossham ?? Or they 'just tracked him down' ?? IF so then they can track us down ??
  • The items that Gossham looted must hold valuable clues.
  • The Verbetoi REALLY don't what their history exposed.. even if it is ground-breaking and totally revolutionary and could re-write history.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

What I think (not Aandy) is going on...
  • The ancestors of the Verbetoi were in league with a BIG BAD. As a lot of their power seems to be fire based .... Cthuga? How does that fit in with the Proto-Language?
  • This all started on Malta ... why did they leave there?
  • There's a 3rd party trying to 'out' the Verbetoi.. why? Does that person want their power??
  • OK.. here's my mad theory... The Verbetoi used their worship of Cthuga to imprison another Big BAD on Malta (Nyaly??) And then abandoned Malta ... the proto-language would be a 'gift' from Nyalathoptep or it's Avatar.
  • The dig on Malta inadvertently freed (or the means to free were discovered) the entity or agents of the entity is Gossham's benefactor.
  • The benefactor needs certain objects to be fully free of whatever is holding them in Malta.
Failed SAN roll ... *wibble wibble*

Return to “Watch the World Burn”