OOC: General Discussion.

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: OOC: General Discussion.

Post by BenTheRat »

Well, I got the gist of it, but PBF games can lose so much because of players coming and going and only as much detail is discovered based on how well the players read the descriptions. Subtle things will often get lost. Even obvious ones are gone after a few months.

I had a good time playing, but it feels like we are done, but you are wanting something else, I'm just not sure what?

With my KS book doing so well, I have been just swamped and unable to spend as much time on here as I would like.

Thanks for running it.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I don't think we're quite done yet, but we're nearing the end of this chapter.

I'd forgotten all about most of that stuff that happened early in the chapter.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Yeah, I hope that we're not stopping.... my posting schedule has been crap recently but I am committed to this game.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

Hi, Guy's.

Just wanted to say this thread should in no way be viewed as a criticism of anyone's ability to regularly post. That last chapter...actually all the chapters have lasted a lot longer than I ever envisaged, and my Keeper style has not adapted accordingly.

Certain clues in this scenario are not clear cut they require clues to effectively be bolted together or in some cases inferences need to be made, one of the things we used to do during the Table top game was have a recap of the previous session and discuss/chew over what was being done, what had been discovered and what it might mean. That's a bit difficult in PBF as the last session (chapter?) might have been several months ago and PBF doesn't seem to be really conducive to that sort of chewing over the details :)

Looking at Carnage_Lee's posts I can tell that some clues have been lost due to game time (for example you definitely found out who was funding Gossham) but even I'm not 100% sure now about what this group should and should not know.

It seems a bit of a cop out for me to just tell you whats going on, but as a player, if a games going to hold my interest I need to know whats going on (So kudos to all of you for sticking with me)

So things are not over yet but I'm just not sure how to proceed, I don't want to just feed you the plot that seems dismissive of all of the efforts you have all put in, but what if I went through the chapters and summarised what you have actually discovered?

I'm open to ideas/suggestions.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Oh, that's right, that charity (Kush nderton) funded Gosshamm. I'd forgotten that too.

I guess listing the clues we found and letting us decide what to do with them is best. From this point forward, it may be helpful to create a thread where clues can be added as they're found so that we have them all in one convenient place that we can easily review.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

I'd forgotten about the charity too; I think we do need to go back and re-read what happened to refresh our memories about what has happened.
I did create a clues thread - with spreadsheet but after creating it I didn't update it any... we could use that as the starting point to 'get back on track'?
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OK guys guess what I've spent my day doing go here and make of it what you will.

BTW if you don't hear from me for a few weeks its because I'm looking for a new job after the bosses find out what I spent today doing. :lol:
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks! I actually read the whole thing.

I think we should send a copy of the final thesis and a USB stick with a copy of the murals to Westerlund while we mail the other one to ourselves, along with a note explaining it and suggesting that the artifacts he's holding may be the key to unlocking the translation. I had been thinking the book might be it, but Westerlund had said that the "poem" used to activate the sceptre was akin to the Rosetta Stone, so maybe he should start there once he's caught up on the thesis. This will give him a headstart, and we can meet him when we return to the UK.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Wow! That's amazing - only skimmed it so far... will respond properly ASAP
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Okay that is a lot, and I had forgotten so much. Not even sure I can process it all.

I took my sanity loss, luckily I failed my Idea check.

I need to go back through it all again. I agree we need to make copies of everything and get back to england to go through it all to see if we can figure out how to decipher it.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OK, so I'm up to my neck with real life at the moment so I'm going to give Carnage_Lee a couple more days. In the mean time, you can consider copies of the thesis and photos sent to Westerlund and assorted safe addresses and PO Boxes in the UK, US and Israel.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Sorry got being the laggard.

I'm still processing...

IMHO These are the things we need to urgently follow up on.
  • Maria was 'translating' some images - most likely from the memory card in the DHL package - Assuming that was the memory card that was on Maria's body, we need to go through that ASAP - compare it to the photo's we took - work out what she was translating.
  • Research the UR Language
  • Miaria's research notes - (additional notes) Then using the marker function additional notes: it’s not prayer, it's fear, they fear him, fear what he’s going to let through.

There are rugged rocks to the left and right and some indication of the sea to the rear of the young man It looks as though there is some kind of tomb behind the man’s right shoulder, is this symbolic?
    Identify that image ... is it of Malta (site 3)?
  • The 'spell' On the piece of paper is written: ph'nglui mglw'nafh Verbti Fomalhaut n'gha-ghaa naf'lthagn - research occult referenced to Fomalhaut(?)
  • Research Ulpius Crinitus and Centurion Flavius - is the decimation of the Verbetoi by the Romans on record?
  • Gossham thought proof of his thesis was in aretefacts on Malta - however the gold artefacts we have would offer proof (if the ages can be ratified).
  • Ask Kush nderten why they bankrolled Gossham - what did they want to achieve/prove?
  • How/Why did Gossham make the jump that the 'writing people' encountered artefacts of a civilisation that pre-dated them? Book of Eibon? mythical Book of Skelos - the city of Yb & Shem - what can we find out? The Atahath = present day Verbetoi (as use Afro-Asiatic (origin) language).
  • Photo no 32: The mural depicts a young man surrounded by intense light or fire from above. Wounds are seen along the back of his arms and legs his back and torso is heavily tattooed. He is surrounded by other people they are either bowed in prayer

Ties up to the following passage?

Transcription, He hangs motionless in black, forbidding sky in the deeps oh gleaming orb which floats before this dreamers vision. Fearsome dark are the marks upon thy dull/dread/fearsome face/surface marked by columns of spinning flame arced uponn thine rim.... [indecipherable] the titan sunspots drift slowly across thine face, you roar your insatiable anger against the chains of the Ancient/Elder/Old Gods which had bound you there for an eternity.... Oh great Verbti we shall free you.

Verbti is the god ... who/what is it really?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Research is something we can start while we're waiting for our flight as long as we have Internet access. Liz has her laptop and is good at that.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

I'll be away on hols from 27th to 12 Nov
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Actually good shout, I’m off to the Big Apple for a long weekend 27-31. October.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Have a great time! Are you going to go to Dragonmeet in December?
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

That is the plan...that said it was the plan last year as well :)
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

ghill wrote:That is the plan...that said it was the plan last year as well :)
I've got my ticket already :)
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Hi, guys some domestic issues at the moment mean I'm going to be posting intermittently for the next week or so. Please detail the plan between you and I'll try and update as frequently as I can.

It looks like there are two likely lines investigate the various property companies, investigate Alex Rudaj?
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

FYI I've pinged Lee as he normally has something to add and I'm just waiting for his input.

Return to “Watch the World Burn”