CH3-03 Photo Recognition

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby ghill » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:24 am

OOC:   The man acts before anyone else is able to act - very high DEX. In reality, Liz wouldn't have time to shoot. In Andy's case he hears Liz's shout, but when he looks the guy has already disappeared.  
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2436
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby ghill » Wed May 03, 2017 2:26 pm

Summary:

Andy is now by the Landrover AK in hand having passed Greg who is now on the stairs leading to the galley/lounge and bridge. Liz and Jacob are on the small bridge having just seen the verbti apparently climbing up at the back of the boat. Alex is trying to hold the ferry on course without exposing himself to fire from the shore.

Statements of intent, please.
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2436
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu May 04, 2017 3:18 am

Image

Liz remains behind cover, training her shotgun in the area where the man was last seen and keeping her eyes peeled for him so that she can shoot him if he shows himself.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29333
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby BenTheRat » Thu May 04, 2017 3:19 am

Greg is going to get to the bridge and see what he can do to help anyone that has been shot.

OOC: Medicine Rolls:
BenTheRat rolled 1d100 and got a total of 93:
93

BenTheRat rolled 1d3 and got a total of 2:
2
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
****************
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
****************
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
User avatar
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3678
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby ghill » Mon May 08, 2017 3:46 pm

OOC:   OK no response from Carnage_Lee or Royya so I'm going to go with no change to their previous statements so effectively not moving from their current position observing waiting for a target of opportunity.  


There is another shot from the bank (now over a hundred meters away) the bullet punches a hole through the thin metal of the wheel house and Liz finds herself sitting on her backside after it strikes her in the back, with some shock Liz realises nothing has been hurt but her dignity (steel wall absorbs all but 1pt of damage which is absorbed by her flack vest)

From the area of the cafe/lounge, there is the sound of shouting as screaming (shock not pain) as well as the crashing of plates and tables. As Greg gets to the top of the stairs he sees the same man stumble out onto the crowded walkway knocking a couple of passengers to the ground.

OOC:   Jacob and Liz will hear the commotion in the crowded lounge but require a Spot Hidden to identify the source.  
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2436
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue May 09, 2017 5:36 am

Image

Liz spots her target easily.

Spoiler:
Spot Hidden roll (61% skill) looking for the Verbetoi:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100 and got a total of 6:
6
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29333
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby carnage_lee » Tue May 09, 2017 4:35 pm

Andy Wade

Andy tries to work out what's going on, he had thought he was heading towards whoever had boarded the ferry. Then the sounds from the rear of the ferry alert him to the fact that his target has moved on and slipped past him. He hears a shot... it's from the people on the bank.

Using the engine of the Land Rover as cover Andy uses the bonnet of the 4x4 to steady his arms, aiming for the front of the largest vehicle hoping to disable the vehicle if he hits.

Spoiler:


Spoiler:
Andy is trying to stop the men on the lakeside from taking any more shots at the ferry - if necessary he'll take a few more shots but no more than six, figuring he'll need the ammo for the person that's on the ferry.

Sorry for the delay - will try to be better at keeping on top of things.
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby ghill » Sat May 13, 2017 12:46 pm

Andy observes that the 'crew' of one of the vehicles are climbing back into their 4x4. His round strikes it as it begins to pull away with not obvious effect other than to make the driver back up faster.

Andy, can also see a shooter with the first car in almost exactly the same position as himself aiming at the wheelhouse of the ferry.


OOC:   Sorry about the delays between posting work is punishing at the moment.

Statements of intent from everyone, please  
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2436
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat May 13, 2017 3:12 pm

Image

Liz tries to take a shot at the Verbetoi from behind cover.

Spoiler:
Do I see him too? I wildly succeeded at my Spot Hidden roll. Should I roll to hit, or do I use the roll I made before for the shot that never happened?
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29333
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby ghill » Sat May 13, 2017 3:47 pm

OOC:   Mr Handy - just to be clear to shoot at the guy you'd be shooting either through a crowded bar or if you move outside of the wheelhouse to stand on the walkway along an only slightly less crowded walkway and you'd roll again.  
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2436
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat May 13, 2017 4:02 pm

Spoiler:
In that case, I'll remain behind cover and just take aim and track him, hoping for a clean shot if he moves.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29333
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby carnage_lee » Sat May 13, 2017 4:44 pm

OOC:   Andy will take aim and fire on the man targeting the wheelhouse.  
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby BenTheRat » Mon May 15, 2017 9:17 pm

Greg attempts to do what he can for the injured men.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
****************
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
****************
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
User avatar
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3678
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby ghill » Tue May 16, 2017 10:05 am

As Greg dashes into the wheelhouse he hears the BRRRRRT BRRRRT tearing sound of the machine pistol as well as a number of screams (some clearly screams of pain) from passengers lining the walkway. Inside everyone is already crouching in cover Jacob and Liz by the shore side window (although Liz has twisted around her shotgun facing the open doorway) while Alex crouches behind the wheel of the ferry occasionally peeking out of the windows to make sure they don't run aground. The injured crewman is huddled in the corner being cared for by his crewmate. He has clearly been shot by a high calibre bullet in the side of the face.
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2436
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed May 17, 2017 3:29 am

Image

"Stay low!" hisses Liz, doing so herself as she looks for a clean shot on the Verbetoi on the ferry. She knows she wouldn't be able to do much to the ones on the shore at this range, not with a shotgun.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29333
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby ghill » Mon May 22, 2017 11:40 am

OOC:   Can I have a first aid roll from Greg and sorry I missed the results of Andy's actions last turn. BenT If you want to use Greg's last Medicine roll, unfortunately, its a failure (Greg finds he isn't able to do anything at this point of time)  


Andy is pretty sure his shot at the shooter on the shore hit him certainly he drops out of sight and his other colleagues take cover behind their vehicle. The other vehicle, however, races along the shore overtaking the ferry.

Greg trying to administer to the injured crewman.
Liz waits for a target of opportunity.
Jacob is waiting for the same (NPC)
Alex continues to steer the boat away from shore (NPC)
Andy is by the Landrover aiming at the guys on shore
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2436
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby BenTheRat » Mon May 22, 2017 10:49 pm

Greg tries to help the fallen crewman, finally getting the sweat out of his brow and calming down some. "3..2..1" he said to himself. "There's the bleeding." Greg says as he manages to slow down the bleeding and help the fallen crewman.

First Aid =
BenTheRat rolled 1d100 and got a total of 10:
10


Damage healed
BenTheRat rolled 1d3 and got a total of 2:
2
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
****************
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
****************
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
User avatar
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3678
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue May 23, 2017 4:32 am

Image

Liz continues to track her target.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29333
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby carnage_lee » Tue May 23, 2017 5:42 pm

Andy Wade

Andy covers the speeding vehicle as it angles away from him, deciding not to take a shot. Instead he checks to make sure that there's no movement from the people behind the stationary vehicle. Hoping that he's done enough to stop them from taking more shots at the ferry he 'duck walks' back along the ferry, keeping in cover where possible. He pauses by the German tourists, signalling them to be quiet and tries to pick up any sign of the man with the machine pistol. His rifle covering the general direction.
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby ghill » Fri May 26, 2017 9:03 am

There is a flurry of return fire from the stationary car but none of it as Andy's former troop sergeant would say was effective enemy fire. Andy as Andy moves back across the vehicle deck a crowd of people rush down the from the upper deck many tripping and falling as they hurry down the stairs.

Outside the wheel house, the sightseers rush past one woman even tumbles through the doorway as someone pushes past all of a sudden the wheelhouse smells of sweat, manure and hay and the verbti is standing in the doorway clearly surprised to be staring into the muzzle of two guns.

OOC:   Under normal conditions the Verbti would act first he is 'moving very fast' however both Jacob and Liz were effectively waiting for him to appear so may take their shots first. Andy needs a spot hidden to see the man through the crowd. It's possible for Greg to also shoot but he will do so last.  
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2436
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

PreviousNext

Return to Watch the World Burn

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest