CH3-03 Photo Recognition

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby BenTheRat » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:27 pm

Greg takes his 2nd shot at him, then into his bluetooth, "yea he's down here. How the F*(& did he get on the boat. I need backup, I suck at this."

Spoiler:
Hope this is better,
BenTheRat rolled 1d100 and got a total of 86:
86


Damage if hit
BenTheRat rolled 1d10 and got a total of 6:
6
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
****************
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
****************
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
User avatar
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3625
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby ghill » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:21 pm

Spoiler:
Gregs shot is closer than his first but still wide of the target as his shots stars the windscreen of the mini bus the man his crouched beside. The man fires a short controlled burst from the SMG and rounds smack into the side of the landrover. Greg realises the SMG must have some kind of moderator because he doesn't hear any recognisable report from the gun.


There is another loud report from the direction of the landrover as Greg fires again

OOC:   Listen roll from those on the bridge - success means you hear the sound of the Verbti's Moderated ('silenced') SMG as he returns fire  
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2423
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby carnage_lee » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:04 pm

Andy Wade

Andy swears and makes his way out of the 'wheelhouse' to the side rail.. crouching to try and make himself a smaller target he tries to pin-point where their attacker is.


Spoiler:
I'm on hols next week - prolly not able to post till latter part of week - sorry... NPC Andy pls.
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2123
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:37 am

Image

"Keep your head down," Liz replies, "He's firing his submachine gun, but it's silenced! He got aboard the ferry by jumping - somehow."

Spoiler:
Listen roll (63% skill) on the bridge:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100 and got a total of 2:
2
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29022
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby ghill » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:07 pm

Andy has to come down the steps slightly to see around the wheel house and the cafe lounge, it gives him a better view of the mini bus but no visual on the shooter.

In the wheelhouse, the window nearest the shore shatters as a single shot from the shore rings out. The crewman manning the wheel is thrown to the floor as blood splatters the far window. On the floor he writhes in pain his face a mess of blood and bone his jaw clearly shattered.

Spoiler:
keeping low the shooter starts to move away from you and towards the back of the mini van.


OOC:   Can I have statements of intent from everyone.  
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2423
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:30 am

Image

Staying close to the floor so as not to be in the line of fire, Liz tries to scurry over to the wounded crewman to do what she can to help him. "The wheelman's been shot from the shore!" she reports over the Bluetooth. "I'm trying to help him, but I can't do much. He needs a doctor. I'll try to steer the ferry away from shore."

Spoiler:
First Aid roll (55% skill) treating the wounded man:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100 and got a total of 81:
81
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29022
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby royya » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:27 pm

Jacob is panicked ... he looks around trying to see the shooter and if he sees him, he will shoot.

Spot: 1d100 79
Handgun: 1d100 45
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
User avatar
royya
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2183
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:00 pm
Location: Israel

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby carnage_lee » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:43 am

Andy Wade

Liz's voice squawks over the blue-tooth connection which he'd completely forgotten about; "Leave him.. get Alex to keep us away from the shore ... we have to concentrate on icing the fucker the machine-gun, if he... it is like that other one we need all the fire-power we can get!"

Realising that he needs to get more fire-power Andy 'duck walks' along the deck trying to keep in cover as he attempts to retrieve his assault rifle.

OOC:   I'd forgotten the blue-tooth set up.. we need use that here to co-ordinate things.. we need a distraction to flush out the gunman - and someone needs to locate the fire-extinguishers (if we get that far)!

Can we use our 4x4 (landrover) to push the mini bus? I guess the mini-bus's hand-brake will be on, so might not work... any other ideas?  
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2123
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby ghill » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:11 am

Jacob moves to the wheelhouses newly smashed window where he can look down onto the minibus and part of the vehicle deck whoever is down there is out of sight.

As Jacob tries to get a better view a heavy bullet ricochet's off the window frame.

Liz Crouched on the floor by the injured crewman, Liz does what she can but her first aid kit is pretty much exhausted and there is little she can do for him except try and make him comfy.

Andy drops down the stairs onto the car deck, then scoots to cover behind a small car along with two German motorcyclists who speak German in a very excitable manner "at" him.

Spoiler:
the man leaps to the back of the minibus before Greg can take another shot


OOC:   Statements of intent for this round, please.  
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2423
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:44 am

Image

"Take the wheel, but be careful," Liz hisses to Alex. She once again takes up her position behind cover, looking out from the wheelhouse with her shotgun ready to blast the Verbetoi if she can spot him.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29022
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby carnage_lee » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:07 am

OOC:   Andy's intention is to retrieve his assault rifle - and to try and get the German tourists to get to the cafe area.  
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2123
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby ghill » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:03 pm

OOC:   The Landrover probably could push the mini bus even with the handbrake on. However, there is very little space on the vehicle deck (there are 6 vehicles plus some M.bikes all crammed into a very small space) so it's not clear this would make much impression.

Just waiting on BentheRat's statement of intent.  
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2423
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby BenTheRat » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:50 pm

OOC:   Sorry, I've been super busy.  


Greg sees him up on the mini-bus in full view and takes 2 shots at him.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
****************
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
****************
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
User avatar
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3625
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby ghill » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:43 am

Spoiler:
Sorry should have been clearer the man has leapt to the rear of the minibus and out therefore out of sight to Greg,


Can I have spot hidden from Liz and Jacob

Andy can't persuade the two German's to move in fact they are joined behind the car by two other tourists. He does, however, make it to the Landrover without further incident and retrieve his AK.
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2423
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby BenTheRat » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:57 pm

Greg runs. He is going to make his way up to the wheel house moving away from the leaper. Making sure there are always cars between us.

"Liz I'm on my way to you to help with that, I'm no good with this damn pistol anyway." Greg says over the bluetooth.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
****************
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
****************
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
User avatar
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3625
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby carnage_lee » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:15 pm

Andy Wade

Andy quickly checks that the magazine has some rounds in it... slaps it back and selects 'semi-auto' and cocks the rifle as quietly as he can. He then scoots along the side of their vehicle, stopping by the rear wheel and looks about for something heavy enough to throw and cause a diversion ...
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2123
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:21 am

Image

"Cheers, I'll cover you," replies Liz as she sees something.

Spoiler:
Spot Hidden roll (61% skill) in the wheelhouse:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100 and got a total of 52:
52
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29022
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby ghill » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:04 am

OOC:   Just going to give Royya a day to respond regarding the spot hidden  


Spoiler:
observes a pair of feet as someone hauls themselves off the top of the minibus onto the same deck as yourselves.
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2423
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:58 am

Image

"He just jumped off the minibus onto our deck!" reports Liz over the Bluetooth as she takes aim at the parts of him she can see. She squeezes the trigger, but the shot goes a little wide.

Spoiler:
Shotgun roll (35 + 3 = 38% skill) shooting at the man who jumped off the minibus:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100 and got a total of 48:
48
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29022
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby carnage_lee » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:22 pm

Spoiler:
can Andy stand up and take a shot?
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2123
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

PreviousNext

Return to Watch the World Burn

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron