CH3-03 Photo Recognition

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby ghill » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:56 pm

The Crewman on the wheel, slows the boat slightly, apparently so he can use both hands to gesticulate as he and his companion enter into an argument with Alex

OOC:   Yes you can try a persuade.  
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2315
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:52 am

Image

"Please," begs Liz in broken Albanian. The terror is evident in her voice and on her face. She points out the men on the shore. "See those men there? They are Verbetoi, they are armed, and they are going to kill us all if we land there - if we're lucky. They'll probably shag me silly first." The word "shag" is in English, but the meaning is evident from the context.

Spoiler:
Persuade roll (21% skill) to convince the ferry crew not to land there:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100 and got a total of 17:
17
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 27823
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby ghill » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:54 am

OOC:   Sorry I meant Alex can do a Persuade. Die roll still stands.

Note Alex wouldn't have mentioned Verbetoi because there is a strong chance their fear of the Verbetoi would override any threat of physical violence you might offer.

Can I have a Spot Hidden from anyone who went up to the bridge.  


The man stops the engines letting the ferry drift for a bit he then puts the engines in reverse and widens the gap between the ferry and the shore.
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2315
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:48 am

Image

Liz instantly notices something unusual.

Spoiler:
Spot Hidden roll (61% skill) at the wheelhouse:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100 and got a total of 7:
7
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 27823
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby ghill » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:10 am

Spoiler:
Liz gapes in amazement as one of the men slings an SMG over his back then starts to gallop towards the bank picking up speed as he does so reaching the water's edge he simply leaps across the 15m+ gap between lake bank and the ferry.
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2315
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby carnage_lee » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:23 pm

Andy Wade

"We don't have time for this..." Andy pulls out his pistol "Alex, get us back on course..."
Spoiler:
:cry:



Oblivious to the approaching threat, Andy motions the ferry crew to stand aside...
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2069
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:26 am

Image

"He's jumping over the water!" shouts Liz, taking out her shotgun and pointing it at the horseman.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 27823
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby ghill » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:19 pm

The two men in the wheelhouse both step away from where Andy and Liz have suddenly pulled guns. Alex grabs the wheel and starts to turn it while talking rapidly to the two crewmen. Outside the man pulls himself over the rail and disappears behind a minibus.

OOC:   Not a horseman just a man although his gait did certainly remind Liz of a horse's  
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2315
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:57 am

Image

"He's behind the minibus," says Liz, taking cover and keeping her shotgun trained in its direction so that she'd be ready to fire as soon as he showed himself. "He's got a submachine gun."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 27823
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby royya » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:59 pm

Jacob freaks out as he pulls his pistol and prays.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
User avatar
royya
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2183
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:00 pm
Location: Israel

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:48 pm

Image

"One of them jumped onto the ferry," Liz reports into her Bluetooth to alert those back at the 4 x 4. "He's behind the minibus, with an SMG. Maybe you can outflank him."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 27823
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby carnage_lee » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:36 pm

Andy Wade

"He what? Jumped? Not even Greg fucking Rutherford could do that!" Andy says whirling around trying to get a bead on whoever had made it onto the ferry. "It's one of those fucking 'Supermen' ... Alex.. get us away from the shore now!"

With wide eyes and a mounting fear of dread he heads toward the car deck, "We're gonna need some luck... if you get a shot.. take it!"
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2069
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby ghill » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:59 am

Alex talks to one of the men and clearly telling him tot take the wheel, the ferry stops drifting and starts to turn back on course.

OOC:   Can I confirm who is where? My assumption is that everyone but Clay is up in the wheelhouse but hapy to be told differently by BenTheRat that Clay has also headed up there.  
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2315
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby BenTheRat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:34 pm

OOC: Sorry was camping all weekend. Back now.

Clay is laying unconscious in the back of the truck still I believe. (did you mean Greg)

Greg had redied his pistol but stayed in the truck with Clay.

Greg tries to identify the minibus and looks under the bus for any legs.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
****************
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
****************
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
User avatar
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3483
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:25 am

Image

Liz uses the wheelhouse itself as cover if possible, using a window or the doorway to peek outside and through which to aim her shotgun.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 27823
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby ghill » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:41 pm

The problem for Liz's is that while you are up high and there is reasonable cover there a limited view of the car deck where the man is hidden. However, She should be able to see him if he approaches the landrover.

Also, note just behind the bridge is the cafe/seating area and there are also people standing just a few feet away some of who are now starting to pay attention to what is going on in the wheel room.

OOC:   See image of ferry NB inyour situation while your located in the same place as the landrover in the picture there is another vehicle (small box van) between you and the ramp.  
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2315
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:08 am

Spoiler:
I'm okay with the limited view. I don't need to shoot him if he stays where he is, as long as I can see him if he moves for the Land Rover or the wheelhouse and take a shot then. Plus, someone needs to defend the wheelhouse in case he tries to seize it and move the ferry towards shore where his buddies are waiting.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 27823
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby BenTheRat » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:04 pm

Does Greg see any lets under the minibus where he just landed?

if so he is going to take a shot.

Spoiler:
BenTheRat rolled 1d100 and got a total of 96:
96

Spoiler:
BenTheRat rolled 1d10 and got a total of 2:
2
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
****************
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
****************
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
User avatar
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3483
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby ghill » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:00 pm

Spoiler:
Greg feels rather see's the ferry slow and then start to just as slowly turn clearly his companions have managed to persuade the crew to not make landfall. As these thoughts pass through his mind he hears a clang of something heavy hitting the side of the ferry. Looking up he is just in time to see a man pull himself over the railings, his arms are covered in familiar tattoos and a huge knife hangs at his hip, but it is the small compact machine gun which he unslings from over his shoulder which gives Greg the most immediate concern. Snatching his pistol Greg fires (you can fire up to 2 shots with your pistol BTW) but in his haste, the first shot goes completely wild



Those in the Wheelhouse:
A shot rings out from the car deck those in the wheelhouse believe it was outgoing from the landrover though its not clear at what (although common sense says the minibus)
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2315
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:35 am

Image

"Greg, did you see him?" Liz asks into the Bluetooth. "Where exactly is he?"
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 27823
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

PreviousNext

Return to Watch the World Burn

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest