CH3-03 Photo Recognition

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Post by BenTheRat »

Greg also shoots at the best target he has. [dice]0[/dice]
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by ghill »

Underneath the 4x4 the sound of LIz's shotgun is ear shattering, her shot misses the man barely but kicks up road dirt and gravel which sends him stumbling away.

Jacob's shot goes over the man's head as he stumbles away into the bushes at the side of the road
OOC:   This is the same man Liz just shot at. Also Royya - Jacob's pistol allows two shots per, if you want to shoot again this action.  
Greg pulls the trigger on the man stumbling away before he disappears into the shadows again, only to be rewarded with a click looking down he catches the glint of light on a cartridge which has failed to eject properly from his weapon so it failed to fire.

A stream of tracer reaches out from underneath the 4x4 as Andy dumps the remainder of his magazine down range, the AK's roar drowns out any sound of rounds shattering glass and thumping into the car and blowing out one of the head lights.
OOC:   Statements please:
Greg must clear the stoppage before he can fire again.
Andy is reloading then looking for targets of opportunity.
Can I have both Listen and Spot Hidden rolls from everyone, please.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In spite of the ringing in her ears from the loud blast, Liz is still able to hear what's going on around her quite well, and she can also see what's happening. She tracks the retreating man with her shotgun, intending to shoot at him again.
OOC,Listen (63% skill) and Spot Hidden (61% skill) rolls under the 4 x 4: [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] I'll fire at the guy again, unless I see or hear something that would cause me to change my action.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Greg clears his gun, "damn thing, probably hasn't been cleaned in years."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Liz,Can hear more vehicles one sounds like Alex in the 4x4 returning, but she also registers (sound and approaching headlights) another car coming along the road.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Two more vehicles inbound," Liz reports over the Bluetooth as she aims. "One sounds like Alex in the 4 x 4, but the other is coming up the road with its headlights on - more bad guys." When she gets a clear shot at the man she shot at before, she will fire again.
OOC,Shotgun roll (35% base skill + 3 = 38% skill) shooting at the man again with the Norinco HP9-1: [dice]0[/dice] Damage to man from 12-gauge shell: [dice]1[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade
Listen & Spot Hidden rolls,[dhdr]bbd3206e-0cba-413c-958e-95ed2c2cffcf[/dhdr] Fail on Listen, Pass on Spot Hidden
OOC:   Back from my hols,tanned and drained of blood by mosquitoes.  
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

fire: 1d100 53

Jacob aims and shot "God I suck at this!"
Jacob tells to himself
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

]Andy,Still require a statement of intent for this round (NB AK empty) and an Idea roll as well please - success the fact that a stray round took out a headlight made things better, taking out the other would make life a lot easier for you all. [b]Spot Hidden[/b] Andy catches sight of reflected headlights confirming Liz's shout.
Jacob,That shot would have been for the last turn, can I have the statement for Jacob's actions this turn the man fleeing from Jacob and Liz's shots is still visible to him. Remember he can fire twice if he wants.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Jacob aims at the running man, hoping the bullets will be guided by god himself.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Andy legs slick with blood and reloads is AK beneath the 4x4

Liz tries to get a shot at the man on the far side of the merc parked in the middle of the road, but simply can't get an angle.

Safely behind the engine block of the 4x4 Greg racks back the slide on his pistol freeing the stuck brass.

Jacob shoot at the man fleeing across the road.

Apart from the man fleeing across the road, there is no sign of the other assailants.
OOC:   Can I have two shots from Jacob, please. Then statements for the next round please.  
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

Andy fumbles with the spare magazine, regretting firing on full auto, his ears were still ringing and any movement caused fresh waves of stabbing pain from his wounded leg. He remembers to slap the magazine before locking it home, pulling back the cocking lever and pushing the fire selector back to semi-auto.

Gritting his teeth and breathing slowly to try and ride out the nauseous feeling, he notices that one of the fuselage of shots has taken out one of the headlights of the car in front of them. If he could take out the other headlight then it would make things easier if they had to move to better cover. Lying prone he took aim...
Idea Roll,[dhdr]2f8aef60-f7d5-48c7-ad27-b81ac8a7c545[/dhdr]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz keeps her eyes peeled for a target she can shoot, such as the fleeing man (if Jacob doesn't take him down first), or the approaching enemy car (if it's within range), the remaining headlight (if Andy fails to hit it, and he tells her to knock it out or she can think of it on her own), or the man she initially targeted if he shows himself, prepared to fire should an opportunity present itself.
OOC,If I do get to shoot this round, do I need to make a fresh set of rolls, or can I just use the ones from last round since I didn't actually use them yet?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

After clearing the jammed round, he rolls back under the car and looks for anyone still shooting at them, if not, he will take aim at one of the front wheels of the oncoming car.
shots,shot 1: [dice]0[/dice] Shot 2: [dice]1[/dice]
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   OK in order to move things along.  
snapping the selector on the AK to single rounds Andy pops out the other headlight.

Jacob takes two shots at the fleeing man the first shot misses but he thinks the second shot hit. Unfortunately, the man stumbles into cover on the other side of the road after which he is lost to sight.

Everyone can hear the Landrover as it bumps down the track to their left (it arrives and pulls up this round)

With its headlights knocked out you can all see there is another saloon car parked in the road probably a 5 series BMW. (this is the car marked on the map with a ? and a dotted outline) it is slightly backlight by reflected light from an oncoming car, although the car itself is not yet visible around the bend.
OOC:   Spot hidden rolls from everyone please. Success means you can see the other Verbti on the road by the car, marked by ? one of them crawling away towards the hedge behind the car one rolling around in the road. The other car is probably 1-2 combat rounds away. You can act without interruption for that long.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz can't see anyone to shoot just yet.
OOC,Spot Hidden (61% skill) roll under the 4 x 4: [dice]0[/dice] Is [b]Andy[/b] under the vehicle too? If so, I could try to treat his wound, as there's nobody for me to shoot right now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Spot Hidden,[dice]0[/dice]
Greg sees the man and takes 2 shots at him.

OOC: Can I use my rolls from above that were not used, in which case I hit one.

Damage: [dice]1[/dice]
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade
Spot Hidden,[dhdr]d7706619-c800-4543-b727-31bd0dd15270

With the car's headlights shot out it becomes a lot easier to make things out. There's another car approaching which has to be more hostile Verbetoi and would need dealing with before they tried to make it off the mountain.

But there were nearer gunmen to worry about right now. One seems to be trying to move into cover, making for a hedge; Andy took aim and snapped off a shot and curses as his aim is off and the shot goes wide.
Shot,[dhdr]30c13ec6-d5b1-4462-860e-827762ed29e8[/dhdr]
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

JAcob breath heavily and thanks to god.
I think I hit
he tells to himself as he reload his handgun
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Greg snaps off two shots the sound of one ricocheting off into the darkness is clear to everyone, but so is the groan of the man as he slumps on the ground.

.....silence only broken by the spray of gravel as Alex slams the brakes on the Landrover.

Return to “Watch the World Burn”