CH3-03 Photo Recognition

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Post by BenTheRat »

Greg, wipes the sweat from his brow. "He is stable for now, but he needs to get to a hospital and soon." His gaze travels over to Clay's unconscious body. He is tired and he can feel the exhaustion sweeping over me, but like so many times when working full day shifts, he took a deep breath and got to his feet. Greg hurries over to Clay and checks on his status.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:   Welcome back :)

Andy has 2 burn wounds that need looking at please.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz had worked in tandem with Greg, quite familiar with CPR. While he had pressed repeatedly on Albert's chest, she had periodically put her mouth to his charred lips and breathed life back into him. Though she is as worn out as Greg, not to mention injured herself, she drags herself back to her feet and follows him over to Clay. "I did what I could for him," she says. "He'll live too, but he needs to go to hospital too. Andy's burnt bad as well, and I'm medium well myself. We'll have to come back another time, better prepared. If Maria has survived to this point, she can wait a bit more. We won't do her any good if we get ourselves killed trying to find her. We'll need fireproof clothing and handheld extinguishers, like I said. We'll also want a bunch of rabbits in cages so we can release one whenever we need to distract those things. If we can't get all of that stuff locally, we should be able to find it back in Tirana."
OOC,Yes, welcome back! After we're done healing [b]Andy[/b], I have an injury too.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by ghill »

Alex looks around the clearing. "If you leave here now there will be no coming back. Even if we get past the other flames in the valley below us, the Verbetoi, they are not forgive and forget people, they are... kill now let god worry, kind of people. They told us to go, we do not go. So when we leave they will not be letting us come back and even this, even this may not now satisfy them. If we have trespassed on something they think is precious and holy, they may leave their mountains to find us"

He shakes his head.

No for us, there is no coming back. When I finish here I leave I get my wife and children and we go to see relatives in Greece.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz gulps. "Then we'll have to finish this while we're here," she says, "or at least some of us will. I fear Clay and Albert are too badly injured to continue, and someone will need to look after them. Once we've found Maria, we'll all have to leave Albania."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

Yes, we should press on.
Jacob says quietly
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Lek looks at the two injured and unconscious men. "I can do this, is more fitting with job as guide to be looking after clients than as..." he looks at you all, clearly lost for words to describe you.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Greg sets about to work doing what he can for everyone. "I agree, we should push on. No turning back."
Medical rolls,Andy burn 1 - [dice]0[/dice] heals [dice]1[/dice] Andy burn 2 - [dice]2[/dice] heals [dice]3[/dice] Liz Injury - [dice]4[/dice] heals [dice]5[/dice] Clay in case he has any more injuries to heal - [dice]6[/dice] heals [dice]7[/dice]
"There, is anyone else injured. We might as well treat it here instead of later. Even the smallest scratch can get infected, so speak up." Greg says with his medical gear still all out.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz helped Greg tend to Andy's burns, then she nestled in Greg's arms while he treated her own injuries, rubbing ointment on her burned skin. Fortunately, most of the damage had been superficial, and she was sure she'd recover fully in time. "Cheers!" she said when he was finished. "i feel much better."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

Andy is relieved that his burns are soothed by Greg's attempts at healing, he burns still hurt but are no where near as bad as the burns he had received back in the UK. As Greg finishes he smiles "Thanks Doc.. I feel much better." he says, gingerly flexing his hands.

"Yeah... we're up shit creek all-right but if we're going to see this through we have to carry on; no way we'd be able to get back.. and I don't want to have to get past another of those 'fuckers' any time soon!" he points to the ruin of the corpse of the man that attacked them. "So we keep going..... right?"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Greg looks around, "damn, how much water do we have left?" he asks. "And which way do we go from here?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   There is a fairly clear path leading up hill between the standing stones.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We used most of ours up on the fire thingy," says Liz, "but you brought back that water from the campsite. We could use it to refill our empties. Then, yeah, we keep going up that path."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   The container Greg has contains more than enough water for top up everyone's water bottle. There is a stream running through the valley - although it doesn't amount to much this high up the mountain.  
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade
Andy thinking:   Shit...this has all gone to shit, we need to get organised and fast; those gunshots must have been heard miles away..  
"Ok... here's what we should do... Liz try and get as much water... liquid together, we're fucked without it. Alex and Lek can you rig up a couple of stretchers? If... When we come back we're probably not going to be wanting to hang about.. I guess you could cut some poles with that.." he points to the large knife that their recent adversary had dropped. ".. and use the covering for his camp? Greg scavenge up any ammo and weapons that Clay and Albert had... we might need them..Jacob why don't you see what you can find in the camp... anything we might be able to use."
Andy thinking:   Keep them busy, keep them busy...  
"I'll take a look up the trail .. we need to see what's up ahead.. if anyone is coming I'll hold them off as long as I can.. if you hear shooting then make your way back off the mountain as fast as you can." Andy takes off his backpack ... "Give me twenty minutes then follow on.."
OOC:   Clay took an AK clone too? If so is it feasible for Andy to take the spare mag from that, so he has 3?  
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Lek starts hustling around pulling down the lean-to and laying out some long straight poles some canvas and the man's sleeping bag. I can do this, we did it when stupid rich German falls off mountain a couple of years ago
Andy + anyone who ignores him and follows on,Pushing up the valley is hard going the path is not so clear, the ground not so even grass slowly replaced by bare rock and boulders, pausing for breath it becomes apparent the place you have chosen to rest in, is not natural there seem to many straight lines. Can I have a [b]2x Spot Hidden[/b] or [b]a Spot Hidden[/b] and [b]an Archaeology[/b] The ground ahead looks very similar to the ground in the final photo - scree slopes, bare rock - but a quick glance at the photo and the surroundings would imply it was taken even further up the mountain. Andy also notes there are no signs of the flames.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Greg packs up his med kit and then checks Clay and Albert for any weapons they had and takes them and any spare amo they have.

Then he helps out Lek putting the stretchers together. "Lets put them in the shade for now." Greg shakes his head, "Damn I hate leaving them here alone. If this takes too long, both of them are dead."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"All right," says Liz as Andy leaves. "Just be careful." She gathers and fills the empty bottles one by one, struggling through her weariness, letting out a cathartic sigh. "I thought I was going to die," she says to nobody in particular. "I've hardly lived..."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade
2 x Spot Hidden (35),[dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice]
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Andy can't help but think there is something not natural about the rock formations going off to the left and right of the path. But his mind simply can't connect the dots his eyes are showing him.

Return to “Watch the World Burn”