CH3-03 Photo Recognition

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Post by ghill »

OOC:   Yes but unless I've missed it. I haven't seen any die rolled.  
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

As the flames lick around around Albert, singeing his beard and hair away, the pain cuts through the remorse, rage and anger and he suddenly regains his senses. He throws himself to the floor and starts rolling back and forth, trying to smother the flames.
Jammy,Dodger[24]? [dice]0[/dice]
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

Jacob rush to the flame but almost lose his balance from a nearby rock. His throw goes wide.
Throw: 1d100 91
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Everyone rushes towards the centre of the clearing, where Albert thrashes around on the ground trying ineffectually to smother the flames which leap from point to point over his body. Both Jacob and Andy throw their last drops of water at Albert but it splashes ineffectually, only as Albert lapses into silence and stops rolling does Liz finally extinguish the flames. The clearing is quiet as Greg rushes up bucket in hand.
OOC:   Albert, can I have another contested MP roll please. As well as a contested CON roll with a target number of 6. If he fails he takes 6pts of Dam, if he succeeds he takes 3pt. NB if he fails Albert is very dead, if he succeeds he is unconscious.  
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

When Liz extinguish the flames for ever, Jacob falls to his knees, exhausted. He crawls to Albert, hoping to help the man.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Greg pushes past everyone and lays his first aid kit on the ground before cutting away at Albert's burnt clothing, all business.
Albert,Assuming Albert is still alive after the last attack, Greg can treat each of Albert's injuries individually so 3x First Aid.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:   Andy will wait his turn to see if he can get some medical attention.

What happened to Lek and Alex? If they didn't leg it can we get them to have a scout about to see if we've attracted any more trouble.

A search of the camp... did the guy have a means of communitcation? Does he have anything that can help us?  
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   Those of you with injuries may use Greg to do the first aid (60%) however first aid can only be done to an injury once, so if you made the roll and failed...tough titties as they say.

Alex and Lek return to the camp, some moments later drawn back by the screams and shouts. They seem genuinely upset by what they find.

A search of the camp reveals nothing in the way of communications, their is a lot a hand crafted gear as well as a sturdy looking shelter. There are provisions for well over a week.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Liz three, fire thingies nil," says Liz when the flames finally go out after she douses them. Then the adrenalin drains out of her with the immediate danger past, and she sinks to her knees, exhaustion overwhelming her. When she sees the terrible state that Albert is in, she breaks down sobbing. "Nein!" she cries, working desperately to assist Greg in trying to save his life.
OOC,I also have First Aid (55% skill), so I should be able to try to help anyone if [b]Greg[/b] fails. I believe the rule is that First Aid can only be applied successfully to each injury once, but multiple people can attempt it. Also, everyone has the skill at 30% even without points in it. I already tried and failed to treat my own injury, so I'll be relying on [b]Greg[/b] to try to help me, but I'll wait until after we find out what happens to [b]Albert[/b] before I do that. Each injury can be treated separately, and a successful roll heals 1d3 HP (with a maximum of the amount actually lost to that particular injury), but only one success can be applied to each one.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

Rolls,MP[16] [dice]0[/dice] CON[13] [dice]1[/dice]
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Oh, no! :cry: How far into the negative does the damage take you? It looks like you're at -2 now. Maybe there's still a chance we can bring you back into positive territory with First Aid.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

With most of his clothes cut away, the horrific extent of Albert's burns are clear to everyone. In the clearing surrounded discarded first aid paraphernalia Greg starts CPR.

OOC:   Albert is indeed at -2, however he has suffered three separate injuries so in theory these can be treated with three separate first aid rolls. He can be brought back to the land of the living, but HP aside he's not going to be in a good shape.  
OOC:   Albert/Pappa G - as Ben the Rat (as Greg) isn't here at the moment, please feel free to make 3x First Aid rolls with a 60% chance. You need to heal at least 3HP worth of damage in any combination of rolls. If Albert is unable to continue, you may play Alex.  
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

ghill wrote:With most of his clothes cut away, the horrific extent of Albert's burns are clear to everyone. In the clearing surrounded discarded first aid paraphernalia Greg starts CPR.
OOC:   Albert/Pappa G - as Ben the Rat (as Greg) isn't here at the moment, please feel free to make 3x First Aid rolls with a 60% chance. You need to heal at least 3HP worth of damage in any combination of rolls.  
OOC:   Fingers crossed!  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Since I'm also helping at the same time, do I get to roll First Aid too? That would improve the odds.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:   Did someone delete a post? I received an email saying there'd been an update but the post number quoted doesn't exist.  
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   Yes that was me.

Mr Handy, this is a tough one, but I'm ruling that unless Greg or someone else can do something immediately (ie the first set of rolls) then Albert slips away without regaining conciousness.

No one can argue if he does, it wasn't a heroic (if clearly temporarily insane) death.  
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Jacob looks from behind, chanting prays in hebrew, hoping that Greg will be able to bring Alex back.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   OK Pappa G's had four days to respond and in the absence of the BenTRat as Greg I'm going to post the first aid rolls and you can work from there.

First aid 1 [dice]0[/dice] [dice]3[/dice]
First aid 2 [dice]1[/dice] [dice]4[/dice]
First aid 3 [dice]2[/dice] [dice]5[/dice]  
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Assisted by Liz, Greg works feverishly to save Albert's life , after twenty minutes he sits back on his heels and looks at the others.

He'll live, although its to early to say whether there are complications, I'd be surprised if his lungs and vocal cords aren't damaged by the heat. He has second and third degree burns, the infection risk is going to be monumental.

Alex looks around the scorched and bloody clearing. What now?
OOC:   Guy's in all reality, Albert's character is finished for the moment. PappaG, assuming you do want to continue, Alex is probably the best person to take over. Just give me the nod If you want to do so and I'll post up his stats.  
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Jacob smiles when his prays are answerd and shifts his gaze to where he pulled Clay
Greg, Clay is over there.

Return to “Watch the World Burn”