CH3-03 Photo Recognition

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:   Seeing that Clay is being attended by Liz, Jacob and Greg (when he arrives) and he'd just be in the way, he'll ask Lek and Alex to check the path and clearing they came from (not breaking cover) and he will have a quick look up the exit from the clearing to see if the brief but bloody battle has attracted any attention.

Getting Clay off the mountain is going to be a real task!  
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by ghill »

Shotguns at Dawn,I did think I'd said only one but couldn't find the post, combined with which, my own notes say Albert has a Shotgun. As BenTheRat is taking events like a man, I'm going to say it stands.
Liz slaps a dressing on Clays chest and starts to roll him over as Greg rushes up and slips off his own more comprehensive first aid kit. The young doctor gives Clay a once over and then nods in satisfaction at Liz's work.

That'll do for the moment he says He's stable, but we need to get him off this mountain.

Alex nods in response to Andy's request then he and Lek rush off back towards the meadow. Leaving Andy to look around the clearing.
BenTheRat,Would you care to take over Greg?
Andy,Spot hidden please.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:   Andy Wade: Spot Hidden (35)

[dice]0[/dice]  
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Andy checks to see whether anyone is aware of the shoot-out while everyone else is focused on making sure Clay lives. So no one notices the flames start shooting out of the bullets holes in their erstwhile host. No one sees the way the taught skin starts to bubble and burn like some broken broken paper lantern. The first person aware something is wrong is Andy as a sheet of flame rises from the corpse and falls upon him.
Andy,[b]Dodge[/b] please.
OOC:   Statements of intent please.  
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:   Andy Wade: Dodge (36)
[dice]0[/dice]  
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

Albert watches as Liz patches up Clay, he continues mumbling incoherently to himself, almost a mantra of I'm sorry I'm sorry please don't die please don't die repeated over and over.

As he becomes aware of the flash of flame from his peripheral vision, Albert gets up, turns and with a roar of rage runs to the fallen verbtoi's sword, grabs it up and starts hacking at the dead body.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Andy tries to throw himself to the ground and out of the way, but the wall of fire simply follows him down. Andy feels feels a sudden excruciatingly painful burst of heat over his hands face and back of his neck.
OOC:   Can you make a contested CON roll for Andy against a target number of 5. If he fails he takes 5pts Dam if he succeeds he takes 3pts. Can you also make a contested MP roll for Andy and tell me what you beat.  
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by BenTheRat »

ghill,did we lose Imp? But yea I can take over Greg.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

BenTheRat,I haven't seen him for a long time, he last visited Mon Mar 10, 2014, so I reckon we're safe :)
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

ghill wrote:Andy tries to throw himself to the ground and out of the way, but the wall of fire simply follows him down. Andy feels feels a sudden excruciatingly painful burst of heat over his hands face and back of his neck.
OOC:   Can you make a contested CON roll for Andy against a target number of 5. If he fails he takes 5pts Dam if he succeeds he takes 3pts. Can you also make a contested MP roll for Andy and tell me what you beat.  
Andy Wade

Andy lets out a loud yelp as he desperately tries to evade the column of flame. Hitting the ground he rolls about trying to extinguish any flames... the acrid smell of buning hair hits his nose and he screams again as the flames sear his exposed skin.
CON:16 vs 5,(automatic success)
MP:13 (Resistance Roll),[dice]0[/dice]
Edit:
MP roll beats anything up to and including 7 :/
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   With the exception of Albert who is hacking the corpse apart this round. Can I have statements (just the statements) of intent from everyone please  
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy will try and escape the flames.. then try and locate the water that the Verbetoi must have as he was drinking coffee.. fingers crosssed.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC:   Hey guys with Clay out of action, I am going to take over Greg.  
Greg grabs a blanket or coat and go try to smother Andy.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   Andy isn't on fire (at the moment), just badly singed  
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Greg makes sure he isn't burnt bad then checks on Clay to make sure he is stabilized.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Liz[/b] will hold absolutely still and try to act like something that doesn't burn, and she'll quietly remind the others of what the Verbetoi had said about that method of not drawing the flame's attention, as it chases things that move. If she can do so without moving, she'll ready whatever firefighting gear they brought with them (blankets, containers of sand, etc.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

Help me drag clay out of here.
Jacob says
Maybe between the stone pillars.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The flame seems to bounce off the ground forming a not quite man high column of flame. Jacob grabs the still unconscious Clay's arms and starts to pull him towards the edge of the clearing joined moments later by Greg who grabs Clay's legs. Behind them Andy scrambles to his feet and dashes towards the camp fire and the large coffee jug which stands next to it, passing the motionless Liz as he does so. Behind him the flame drops to the ground moving like a snake across the clearing. Moving past the motionless young woman, only to turn rapidly and crash into her from behind as she is engulfed in flame Liz wonders just how honest the Verbti was being.
OOC:   Jacob/Greg have moved Clay to relative safety. Andy you find the coffee jug half full about a litre of strong black coffee remains. Albert can act as he see's fit.  
OOC:   Mr H, Can you make a contested CON roll for Liz against a target number of 6. If she fails she takes 6pts of Dam, if she succeeds she takes 3pts. Can you also make a contested MP roll for Liz and tell me what you beat.(for the record every 5 points under 50% beats a stat +1pt higher than your own)  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz screams in agony as the flames engulf her, but fortunately she is spared the worst of it. Her mind is fairly resilient, and she tries to roll away from the fire to get away from the column and put out any flames on her.
OOC,I beat a 12.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:   Andy will be loathe to throw the hot coffee over flames whilst Liz is being attacked by them... smothering with his jacket might better... but he'd try to douse the flames if t he y moved away .  

Return to “Watch the World Burn”