CH3-03 Photo Recognition

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Post by ghill »

OOC:   No unfortunately I didn't explain myself very well Liz has to "get up" before she can act, basically Liz has been thrown several feet and lands on her arse. So whether she stands or simply assumes a prone firing position she still has to "get up/pick herself up/recover".  
OOC:   Also guys, I much prefer a statement of intent, its a lot easier for me to work out what happens if I know what you want to do rather than what you think happens. In this case it doesn't matter much as Liz is the last to act. So I'll read this as Liz will scramble into a firing position and shoot at the man.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Okay, that's what I'll do. If I can't fire this round, I'll try to be in a position to fire next round.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

LIz,No Mr H you can fire this round its simply the first thing you have to do is "get up". You are last to act in the round anyway so to be honest it doesn't really make any difference. If you were closer then theoretically the 'baddy' could act before you on his second action. I guess arguably as you are in control of your faculties it should happen automatically. Oh the joys of running combat when its not around a table.
OOC:   So Clay will take a shot at the man as he advances on him.
Liz will orientate herself and then shoot.
Still waiting on Jacob, Albert and Andy.  
Albert,As you reach out your arm to calm the man you feel something pluck at your arms as a Jacob's second shot misses the man and nearly finds a home in your arm.
Andy,even from his new position Andy finds it hard to get a clear shot. Andy can chose to delay his actions until he gets a clear shot or he can risk shooting the others if he misses.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Round2.png
OOC:   Andy will delay his shot - hoping for a clear target.  
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

The man's chest and back were protected by unseen force, maybe the tattoos.
Jacob decides to aim for the head where the tissues are soft enough.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   Just waiting for Albert's statement. With regards the clock - Liz's location is probably closer to the 6 on the clock face and Albert now slightly further to the left (having attempted to grab Liz)  
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:  
Round2.png

Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

Seeing that Liz is out of reach of the sword wielding verbtoi, Albert brings his shotgun to bear on the man, firing whilst walking backwards away from the deadly blade.
Albert thinking:   fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck, I'm too fucking young to die, what the fuck am i doing here, jesus oh jesus, please god don't let me die!  

Bang Bang,Shotgun[30],[dice]0[/dice]
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   OK so all statements of intent in.

Can I have:
A Dodge roll from Clay (I already have a pistol roll, per the loaded, ready fire arms go first rule, Clay will shoot before the man gets to him - but unless he wants to get hit by a big blade he needs to dodge, OTOH as Albert has just missed as well he may need to dodge a shotgun blast.

Albert can I have a half luck roll please. You've missed its got to go somewhere - hopefully the dirt.

Jacob a pistol skill roll/s - if you miss then I'll need some half luck rolls, one each for every bullet first for Albert, then for Clay.

Andy a rifle skill roll for when that opening occurs to shoot the baddy without endangering anyone else.

Liz - its not a point blank shot you are shooting into a melee trying not to hit anyone with a shotgun negates any benefit the range would give still a hit, but you hit last.  
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Where did it go,Luck[80]/2=40,[dice]0[/dice]

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay just gets the pistol shot off as the tattooed man gets to him to grab him.
dodge,target = 56%, [dice]0[/dice]
Clay nimbly steps to the side avoiding the charging man.
OOC:   sweet, critical success  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade - Rifle 50%,[dice]0[/dice]
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Handgun point blank (1d100=5)

Jacob aims to the head of the Albanian man.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The man twists trying to catch Clay with the blade as the young Londoner nimbly steps to the side and out of reach. With a smile on his face Clay has time enough to notice the bullet holes he has put in the man's chest are smoking as though someone has plugged them with a hot coal. Clay's smile is wiped from his face however as he looks up into the open barrel of Albert's shotgun, the blast seems incredibly loud in the close clearing and Albert watches as Clay collapses in a heap Behind Albert, Jacob aim is thrown by the sudden collapse of Clay and his carefully aimed shot drifts from the back of the man's head through the side of the man's face. The man stands there momentarily dazed then staggers as he is caught by Liz's shotgun blast.

The man stands at the centre of the clearly swaying, clearly dazed, blood and steam rising from his chest he pauses for a moment then spits a gob of blood, teeth and what looks like the tip of his tongue , he smiles briefly before Andy's waiting for just such an opportunity takes his shot. The clearing is silent for a moment until the man collapses to the floor with a crash.
OOC:   Without immediate first aid Clay is dead.  
OOC:   FYI Shooting into a melee negates any point blank modifiers and a called shot is 1/5 normal skill.  
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay bleeds profusely and with much enthusiasm.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Greg, help Clay
Jacob says as he rush to the fallen comrad

First aid (1d100=58)
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Albert watches as Clay dances out of the man's reach and places two holes in his chest, as he does so he snatches at the trigger of his shotgun. The gun kicks in his hands, shocking him with the force of its recoil. With horror he watches as his shot misses its mark and punches a hole into his friend, knocking him off his feet. As a crimson bloom spreads from the gaping wound Albert drops his gun, stunned and then falls his to knees.

He crawls over to Clay, tears beginning to well in his eyes Oh fuck oh shit oh fuck oh shit oh fuck fuck fuck what have I done oh man oh man jesus i'm sorry so so sorry oh man please don't die please don't die don't die don't die don't die don't die don't die don't die don't die oh fuck don't die words tumble from his mouth almost incoherent as he tears off his shirt and tries to use to stem the bleeding, pressing it over the wound.
OOC:   Albert's not trying to administer first aid he's just acting in shock and doing what he's seen in countless movies and episodes of casualty  

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Nein!" cries Liz, scrambling to Clay's side. Working desperately, she manages to staunch the bleeding and sew up the wound well.
OOC,I'd completely forgotten that this type of shotgun does 4d6+2 damage at close range rather than 4d6, so I actually did 17 points of damage for a little extra overkill, and that it has a 35% base skill rather than 30%. Also, I just realized that [b]Albert[/b] didn't have a shotgun. In [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?p=173387#p173387]this post[/url], you said that I got the only one. He would have had either a pistol or a rifle, either of which would probably do less damage.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

ooc,Handy he did do 4d6+2, luckily I had 14 points and took 15, so your 3 should put me at +2. I'll be out but I should live. I'm ok with this.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

ooc,Ooops, sorry all I missed that post and thought I had a shotgun to hand as well as the pistol, my bad. :contrite emoji:

Return to “Watch the World Burn”