CH3-03 Photo Recognition

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: CH3-03 Photo Recognition

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I think you found it," says Liz. "You must have been trying to write, just like I did when I first saw this stuff. Only you didn't have anything to write with, so you were using your own blood." She looks in the direction Clay indicated. "Well spotted! She's gone that way, so we've got to go that way too, once everyone's ready."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:   Before setting off, Andy will check with Alex to see what's in the same dirction as the tracks seem to indicate... look at a map if possible to try and ientify any likely destinations... and get the lie of the land.  
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by ghill »

The only map Alex has in a pretty decent road Atlas. As far as Andy can tell there is a monastery but it would be several kilometres up the road and the track would have to go right over the mountains to get to it. To Andy's eye there is no way over the mountains at the head without some serious climbing gear.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Didn't we bring climbing gear? I mentioned needing it in [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?p=171747#p171747]this post[/url].
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Liz,Yep Alex has climbing gear. None of you really know how to use it (nobody has invested skill into climb) although the harnesses look pretty straight forward. Neither Lek nor Alex are overly familiar with it either.
You want I bring this stuff says Alex hauling out a rope, harnesses and a load of other unfamiliar climbing gear from the back of the 4x4. Liz say you need climbing gear. So I ask friend he said this everything you need to climb
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

Jacob just nods to Liz and goes to sit on a rock , away from the cursed car, while he memorize Psalms verses.
After Greg treats to Jacob finger wound he will join them when they decide to go up the trail.
GM,I will go the road for the permanent SAN loss and the increase of the mythos skill
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by BenTheRat »

"Would she have gone climbing by herself? Even crazy?" Clay asks. "Can you get to this monestary by road? It's possible she didn't go that way."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Assuming she did bring climbing gears with her it is not in the trunk? boot? back of car. Says Alex pointing at the back of the car. But... He looks at the road atlas in his hands Yes, drive cars up road monastery is next valley. Is maybe 15 or 20 minute drive.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"She did bring her own climbing gear," says Liz, "so she must have taken it with her. Maybe we should check out the monastery first by road. She has such a headstart on us, I guess a little longer won't hurt if it turns out she didn't go there."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

A twenty minute drive sees the cars at the foot of another valley the gated road going up it is in very good condition, there is a sign by the side of the road in the dark blue of the EU and with the familiar ring of stars which reads:

Verrassa Monastery. The road and monastery have been restored at a cost of EUR 2.5 million provided by the European Commission. The 12th century monastery is considered one of the most important holy places in Albania. The total cost of the rehabilitation work is EUR 3.3 million. The project is 80% completed and will be finished at the end of this year. Once the project is finalized, facilities will be provided for tourists until then please respect the monks privacy.

The gate is locked.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

Andy looks at the gates after reading the sign... "Well, that's annoying... perhaps Maria knew the gates would be locked... does this place figure in any of the pictures we got off her laptop?" Andy tries the gates, without much hope.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Taking the time to look at the photos Andy recognises the distinct peak of the mountain at the head of the valley as taken looking up from the roadside where they left Maria's car.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"If Maria wanted to get inside," says Liz, "I'm sure she could have. But did she?" She looks around the gate area for any signs of recent passage.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   Track roll please Mr Handy. Although it will have to be something special, there has clearly been a lot of traffic through the gates recently.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, a lot of people have gone through here recently," says Liz, "but I've no way of knowing if Maria was one of them. Alex, have you ever been here before?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

This area certainly, the monastery also, I brought il professore here many years ago, but we go many places like this, like tourists. The monks they do not like visitors, they are how you say silent. I do not think he think it special. Says Alex with a familiar shrug.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by BenTheRat »

"I don't think she came here, I think she was looking for something else nearby where she parked her car. Time to head back and see if we can figure out what is between this old church and her car." Clay says.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

Andy nods in agreement at what Clay has to say. "I think you're right, mate. If Maria was coming here then she'd have driven up and not abandoned her car and if she was lucid enough to think ahead and take climbing equipment then she wasn't coming here... not through these gates anyway." Andy kicks a stone in frustration.

"Alex, you've been here before... is there anything you can remember.. any caves or even old tales of anything hidden on the mountain?" he asks.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

I've not been in this area for some time. Says Alex Although, il professore has been. With Maria. Several times over the years. I think they like the scenery. Il professore often he say how much he love the mountains. As for caves...these are mountains, so sure there are caves here, but none which are well known or attractions, nothing special. Alex pauses Old tales of anything hidden on the mountain. He stops briefly to chat in Albanian to Lek. Yes, there is tale of trolls no, you say Dwarves. They hide much gold under mountains, fairy's often tell you where gold is. I think this is because Verbtoi really like gold, in times of war people always bury the gold. Wars fought here since Roma was a little village so lots of gold hidden. He smiles.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:   Does anyone/did anyone bring binoculars?

Luck roll if not specifically mentioned...
Andy Luck = 65
[dice]0[/dice]  

Return to “Watch the World Burn”