CH2-3a Saving Lives?

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Post by ghill »

Andy tries to dodge through the door, but was stiff and before Andy can put a shoulder to it he is engulfed in flame. The pain across the back of his hands and neck is excruciating (if he wasn't already distracted, he'd probably smell his hair burning as well).

*artistic licence its not jammed.
Andy,Andy takes 3HP damage on exposed skin. Its likely his clothing provided some protection, but its not clear how long that'll last. Can I have also have a [b]POW[/b] roll please. Andy is still able to move as the experience is more akin to being swarmed by bees (very hot, flaming bees) than actually being on fire
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

OOC:   Albert will spend the next round in his hidey-hole in the wardrobe. I assume that there are smoke-alarms in the house? He will act when he hears one go off!  
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   Considering the amount of smoke in the cupboard they should have gone off some time ago.  
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

(if possible) Greg locates some dish towels in the cupboards, drenches them with the water from the kitchen faucet, and throws them over the girl to offer some protection from the fire that he will have to try to skirt somehow. "Anyone got an extinguisher?!" he calls out hopefully.
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

Albert tentatively opens the wardrobe door and looks out. Seeing the smoke creeping under the bedroom door, he moves to the bedroom and looks out over the conservatory.

As quietly and carefully as he can he opens the window, with the intention of climbing onto the conservatory and sliding down the glass roof and then jumping/dropping to the floor.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Do we still have those handheld extinguishers from the first chapter? Were they in with the weapons?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Albert,What is Albert going to do about the Computer? Its large, heavy and awkward to carry. It will make getting down far more difficult that it already is.
Fire Ex,Nope. Apart from the guns Clay disposed of the fire extinguishers along with the rest of the paraphernalia associated with the raid.
Imp/Greg,Imp isn't in the kitchen which is where the fire is. He's been treating the girl near where Liz dropped her so he's just inside the doors of the conservatory where there is a small amount of cover. Sorry, my fault I didn't give a specific location in my last turn summary.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 7 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade
POW Roll,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   POW 13

I didn't realise that anyone else (PC) was in the Kitchen.  
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay will cover the sides, and shoot anyone coming around either side. "Just like the other damn house. I'm starting to hate fire."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,Ok... disregard the good idea with the water and towels though. Maybe I can piss on some curtains. LOL
Greg looks for a window for which they could escape through without burning alive and tries to keep lower than the smoke.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Is there enough time after I reload the shotgun for me to try to treat one of my own injuries with First Aid? I know I can't reach the stab wound in my back, but I should be able to deal with the damage from the punch.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

We must clear a path to the car.
Jacob says.
Clay, let's circle the house and shot down anyone that might ambush us.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Thats a big order." Which way is shorter to the cars, and does one side seem to have more people coming around the corner than the other?
Does it look like it might be easier to pull back to two or three houses down and circle back?
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I think we'd have a better chance if we make a break for the hedge," says Liz quietly. "Once we're through there, they can't see us from the house or grounds. But this second wave is too close, I think. If we run for it now, they'll catch us in the open. We're best off dealing with them first." She keeps watch on the corners, ready to fire on any bad guys who round them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"We can't stay here too long, the cops or fire will be here soon and our car is out front." Clay shakes his head for a second, what was he thinking running into the house. Probably better to just speed away, a month ago he would have and not looked back. This friendship thing is going to get him locked up or killed before this is over he mulls over in his mind while keeping a watch on the corner.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Jacob nods and will follow any of them
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The Garden: Escaping the flames spreading from the kitchen to the rest of downstairs, Greg comes staggering out of the French doors under the weight of the injured girl. There is blood over his hands and clothes from where he's been desperately applying first aid. "We don't have the luxury of time, this poor girl isn't going to last long without proper medical attention."

Inside the house: Downstairs
As the flame flashes over him Andy, almost crumbles to his knees suddenly feeling weak, but manages to shrug it off as he dives through the doorway - Dodge Roll please unless you want to try and somehow fight the fire. Successful dodge will mean Andy has put a door between him and the flames, failure means he's still being 'attacked' by the fire

Inside the house: Upstairs
Albert pushes open the window balancing both himself and the PC case on the window sill. Looking down onto the glass conservatory he decides that the Hard drive on the PC is more likely to survive a fall to the ground than he is to survive a fall through the glass roof and tosses it onto the grass below. Glancing behind him he notices the flames seem to be oozing under the doorway SAN roll - thats a very strange way for a fire to behave???? and a Climb roll please.

Cars,Either way they are parked out the front of the house.
Liz,Not enough time FA takes a round, where in combat rounds, you can try but if you run out of time the roll automatically fails.
Outside in the Garden:
Jacob, Greg, Clay, Liz

Downstairs in the house: Andy - exiting the kitchen via the utility room.
Upstairs in the house: Albert - Climbing out the window and onto the conservatory
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 7 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Andy Wade

Letting out a loud yell as the flames engulf him, he desperately tries to jump through the doorway and heave the door closed ...
Dodge: 36,[dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz sprints for the hedge, gripping her shotgun and holding it ready to blast any goons who show themselves.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg asks Jacob, Clay and Liz "Is the way to the car safe? I don't want to drag this poor girl into another gunfight."

Return to “Watch the World Burn”