Mythos Phase

Early Frost (Lurker)
Split Gate: Plateau of Leng/Dreamlands
Ghost

Re: The Lurker at the Threshold (ic)

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:00 pm
by Tabs
Turn 1 Upkeep

Sister Mary peeks out of one half of the church door. Deep inside South Church are the apartments where she lived; coming from one of these is the sound of Father Michael, babbling in his winged armchair beside the fire. Sister Mary pictures his rage and despair after she handed him the handwritten journal which she found lying on the church steps.

"Poor, dear man, he knows not what he is doing, God help him; because I cannot--there is a far more important task for me--I must save this town."

She straightens the hem of her nun's habit, fingers her rosary beads and walks with her chin held high into Arkham.

ooc,Pick up a Clue token at Historical Society.

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:49 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Where can i find a portrait of [b]Carolyn[/b] like you have for [b]Sister Mary[/b]?
Turn 1 Upkeep
Arkham Asylum
OOC,Increase Lore by 2 to 5. Decrease Luck by 2 to 2.
Carolyn Fern had introduced herself to the staff at the sanatarium here in Arkham and found out everything she could about her late patient. From everything the doctors had told her, he had been quite, quite mad for some time. When he had been committed, he had had two things in his possession: an ancient stone tablet and the script of a play called The King In Yellow. He had been fixated on these objects and had to be sedated before he would let go of them. The doctors were convinced that these things were at the root of his madness, as he had been obsessed with them. They had kept these items after he had been discharged, as he wanted nothing more to do with them by then, and they were too valuable to just throw away. When she asked to see them to try to understand his insanity, the doctors obliged and provided her a room in which to study them.

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:56 am
by Tabs
ooc,[quote]Where can i find a portrait of Carolyn like you have for Sister Mary?[/quote] In the ooc topic above Carolyn's possessions. BTW, do you wish to draw your own Arkham Encounters?
Turn 1 Movement
South Church - Historical Society
ooc,Pick up 1 Clue token.

Trippety-clack, trippety-clack. High heels tap along the pavement behind Sister Mary.

"Sister, cooee, Sister. I knew it was you, although I only recognise you from South Church--attending to Father Michael at mass. What are you doing out?"

"I-- I felt the need for fresh air."

"Wunderbar! I'm Anna Karslow, and I also felt the urge to get out. Look, Sister, the Historical Society are hosting an open day called 'Is there a beyond?' with a visiting medium--Madame Blavatsky, your sort of thing, I'd have thought. There will be free tea and cake as well, let's go along to there and get acquainted."

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:26 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Thanks! Yes, I'll draw my own Arkham Encounters.
Turn 1 Movement
Arkham Asylum
OOC,Spending 2 Movement points to read The King In Yellow. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2787234/]Lore(-2) check reading The King In Yellow (3d6.hits(5)=0)[/url].
Carolyn sits down and begins to study the play, but it makes no sense at all to her.

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:55 am
by Tabs
Turn 1 Arkham Encounter
Historical Society (Lurker): A guest lecturer....

The guest lecturer is dull and Sister Mary can forsee the man droning on for hours, also she needs to gather more clues. She tugs at Anna's sleeve.

"Come on, we must get going."

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:55 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 1 Arkham Encounter
Arkham Asylum
OOC,A patient becomes irrationally possessive... (Lurker). Fight(-2) check automatically fails. [b]Carolyn[/b] loses Lucky Cigarette Case.
While taking a break in the hall to smoke a cigarette, Carolyn saw a young woman with a maddened glint in her eyes coming her way. That and her clothes obviously marked her as a patient. "Can i help you?" asked Carolyn.

The woman eyed Carolyn's cigarette case, drool dripping down her chin. Without warning, she suddenly grabbed it with both hands. "Mine!" she shouted.

"Hey!" Carolyn struggled with the girl. "Give that back!" While she was stronger than most women, she couldn't match the might of insanity. The patient shoved her down and snatched the cigarette case, running away down the hall gleefully. By the time Carolyn got back on her feet, she was gone.

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:41 am
by Tabs
Turn 1 Mythos

Heat Wave
Monstrous Gate: City of the Great Race
Dark Young

Reckoning card: Dark Reward

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:27 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 2 Upkeep
Arkham Asylum
OOC,Increase Fight by 2 to 4. Decrease Will by 2 to 1.
Carolyn feels the heat increasing, which strikes her as very odd. This morning there had been frost on the ground, and now it is as hot as summer. Perhaps the atmosphere of this place is getting to her, but still - there is something in the air, something wrong. Though she feels weak from the heat, she gathers her strength in case of another encounter with one of the inmates.

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:15 am
by Tabs
Turn 2 Upkeep
ooc,Speed >4 Sneak <1

"I need knowledge and the time to stop whatever is causing Arkham's sickness."

Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:31 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 2 Movement
Arkham Asylum
OOC,Spending 2 Movement points to read The King In Yellow. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2791070/]Lore(-2) check [5 - 2 [The King In Yellow] + 1 [Heat Wave] = 4 dice) reading The King In Yellow, Turn 2 (4d6.hits(5)=2)[/url]. [b]Carolyn[/b] gains 4 Clue tokens, loses 1 Sanity, and discards The King In Yellow.
Carolyn resumes her study of the play, and suddenly it all makes sense to her. She can see how easily someone could be obsessed by this play, how the ideas can open one's mind - and how other things can creep into one's mind while it is open. Now she sees why her patient went mad - she is more than a little disturbed herself, but she is made of sterner stuff. However, she is still unsure who would want to kill him. Perhaps someone else equally obsessed with it, or perhaps someone who recognized its dangers and considered him a threat due to its influence over him. Maybe the old tablet holds more clues.

Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:53 am
by Tabs
Turn 2 Movement
Historical Society -> Science Building
ooc,Pick up the Clue token at the Science Building.

Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:25 pm
by Mr. Handy
Turn 2 Arkham Encounter
Arkham Asylum
OOC,A seemingly insane man...(Lurker). [b]Carolyn[/b] does not help him try to escape.
During another break, a wild-eyed male patient comes up to Carolyn.

"Please," he begged. "You gotta help me!"

"What seems to be the problem?" she asks.

"The doctors here, they're all crazy!"

"The doctors are crazy?"

"Yes! They do things to us...horrible things! I gotta get outta here! I'll give you money! Help me!" He grabbed her shoulders.

Carolyn shrugs him off. "I'm afraid there's nothing I can do."

The man looks at her with suspicion. "You! You're in on it too. You're one of THEM!" He darts away.

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:22 pm
by Tabs
Turn 2 Arkham Encounter
Science Building A chemical brew bubbles....

The lab technician proffers a glass beaker to Sister Mary.

"Take a sip, my own concoction, guaranteed to fortify both body and soul!" The curves of the glass beaker magnify the quack's mouth--all Sister Mary sees are are enormous snaggle teeth.

"Thank you, but no I won't drink it."

"Are you-you sure?" the quack stutters; spittle flies from his mouth and lands upon the rim of the glass beaker, the droplet glistens uninvitingly.

"Oh yes, I'm quite sure."

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:28 pm
by Tabs
Turn 2 Mythos

Police Helpless to Displace Vagrants (Lurker)
Gate of Madness: Great Hall of Celeano
Ghoul

Reckoning card: Give the Devil his Due

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:56 pm
by Tabs
Turn 3 Upkeep
ooc,Speed <3, Sneak >2

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:57 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 3 Upkeep
Arkham Asylum
OOC,[b]Carolyn[/b] uses Psychology to restore 1 Sanity, bringing her to 6. She increases Luck from 2 to 4 and decreases Lore from 5 to 3.
Carolyn takes out the tablet and prepares to examine it. She has a good feeling that it will prove enlightening.

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:33 am
by Tabs
Turn 3 Movement
Science Building -> The Unnamable

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:22 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 3 Movement
Arkham Asylum
OOC,Spending 3 Movement points to use Ancient Tablet. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2794306/]Using Ancient Tablet (each success = 1 Spell, each failure = 2 Clue tokens) (2d6.hits(5)=0)[/url]. [b]Carolyn[/b] gains 4 Clue tokens and discards Ancient Tablet.
Carolyn studies the tablet carefully and finds her mind filled with more arcane knowledge. If even half of this stuff were true...no wonder her patient had gone insane. But why would someone have murdered him if there were no truth to any of this?

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:22 pm
by Tabs
Turn 3 Arkham Encounter
The Unnamable: In a dusty and decaying roll-top desk....
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2794722/]Lore (-1) check (1d6=2, 1d6=1, 1d6=6)[/url] Spell: Flesh Ward(!)

Anna Kaslow frowns at the decaying house.

"Do we really have to go inside there?" She notices that Sister Mary's face has a ghastly pallor. "What's the matter, are you unwell?"

"It's as if my body was engulfed by an icy, violet mist. Everything I've learned so far has vanished from my mind." Sister Mary shivers. Resolutely she says: "Our only path is forwards--into the house--and we must pray that it's not too late to start all over."

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:35 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 3 Arkham Encounter
Arkham Asylum
OOC,If we ever cross paths, maybe you could pass one of those Flesh Wards on to me. Nurse Heather accidentally injects you...[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2795470/]Fight(-2) check to resist sedatives (2d6.hits(5)=0)[/url]. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2795473/]Spending 1 Clue token to gain an extra die on the Fight check (1d6.hits(5)=1)[/url].
As Carolyn prepares to leave the asylum, she bumps into Nurse Heather, who is holding a hypodermic needle filled with sedatives. The nurse accidentally jabs her in the arm with the syringe.

"Ow!" cries Carolyn, already feeling woozy.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" says Heather. "Here, maybe you'd better lie down."

Carolyn nearly passes out, but somehow she finds the strength to continue and shakes her head. "No, I've got too much to do."

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:52 am
by Tabs
Turn 3 Mythos

Noden's Favor
Gate of Doom: The Abyss
Warlock
Movement -> Ghoul

Reckoning card: A Little Taste

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:22 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 4 Upkeep
Arkham Asylum
OOC,[b]Carolyn[/b] increases Will from 1 to 3 and decreases Fight from 4 to 2.
Carolyn calms down and strengthens her nerves as she prepares to leave the asylum. After everything she's seen here, she can't wait to leave.

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:24 am
by Tabs
Turn 4 Upkeep
ooc,Speed >4 Sneak <1

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:35 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 4 Movement
Arkham Asylum->Rivertown streets
OOC,Spending 3 Movement points to move to Rivertown streets. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2798764/]Horror check for encountering the Ghoul (3d6.hits(5)=2)[/url]. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2798766/]Combat check (Fight 2 + 6 [Tommy Gun] -1 [Ghoul] = 7 dice) attacking the Ghoul, Round 1 (7d6.hits(5)=2)[/url]. [b]Carolyn[/b] claims the Ghoul as a monster trophy.
Carolyn has felt unsafe ever since her patient was murdered, and she had purchased a Thompson submachine gun for personal defense which she keeps in her large medical bag. She doesn't know how many killers are out there, but she needs to be prepared to take them all on at once if they come after her.

It is lucky for Carolyn that she has it. While strolling through the deserted streets of Rivertown, a man-like creature attacks her from behind. It has rubbery, leathery skin, canine features, fangs, and claws. She nimbly leaps aside and pulls out her Tommy gun, then sprays the thing with a burst of lead. The beast falls, several holes in its body.

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:01 am
by Tabs
Turn 4 Movement
The Unnamable -> Hibb's Roadhouse
ooc,Sister Mary trades Flesh Ward for $2 with Carolyn Fern, and picks up 2 Clue tokens at Hibb's.

The woman in a blue suit is knelt on the sidewalk, busy packing a tool into a medical bag, she is startled by Sister Mary's greeting:

"How do you do, I'm Sister Mary." She extends a hand in order to help Carolyn Fern to her feet. It is only now that Sister Mary notices the bullet ridden corpse, she claps her hand over her mouth and screws her eyes shut. "My God, what have you done?"

And yet... Sister Mary realises with a flash of insight that the killing is linked to her own quest; also, perversely, she feels confidence in the "things" death--for she can see that it was a "thing". "Take this, and maybe this?" Sister Mary gives the page torn from the journal which she found on the church steps, and she offers a brandy flask.

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:42 pm
by Tabs
Turn 4 Arkham Encounter
Hibb's Roadhouse (Lurker): "Care to make a couple of extra bucks?"
ooc,Fight (-1) check--Sister Mary automatically fails.

"'Can I help move the pool table'! Are you serious?"

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:56 pm
by Tabs
Turn 4 Mythos

Scholar Speaks of Leylines (Lurker)
Gate of Blood: Plateau of Leng
Dimensional Shambler
Movement: D Shambler

Reckoning card: Humanity Lost (We'll discuss the card in the ooc topic.)

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:23 pm
by Tabs
Hibb's Roadhouse-

"Aieee!"

Sister Mary places her hand upon her breastbone as if about to choke; she reaches out her other hand to a chair back to steady herself, misses, and falls to the sawdust covered floorboards. Her body appears to evaporate, leaving the Nun's habit steaming: a dishevelled heap; the cross which Sister Mary always carried lies atop the cloth.

Anna Kaslow watches in fascination, unable to quite believe what she is witnessing. She goes over to the bar.

"Gimme a treble vodka."

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:07 pm
by Tabs
Turn 5 Upkeep
ooc,Speed >5 Sneak <0, gains $2 from Retainer--[1st turn so no need to roll a die to keep it?]

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:38 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 5 Upkeep
Rivertown streets
OOC,That's right, no roll needed this turn. [b]Carolyn[/b] increases Fight from 2 to 3 and decreases Will from 3 to 2.
Carolyn gathers herself and moves on, ready for more trouble after her encounter with that creature.

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:33 am
by Tabs
Turn 5 Movement
Newspaper -> Graveyard
ooc,Darrell picks up 2 Clue tokens.

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:22 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 5 Movement
Rivertown streets->The Witch House
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2804614/]Horror check (Will 2 - 1 [Warlock] = 1 die) encountering the Warlock (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url]. [b]Carolyn[/b] exhausts Bravery to reroll. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2804616/]Horror check (Will 2 - 1 [Warlock] = 1 die) encountering the Warlock, reroll from Bravery (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url]. [b]Carolyn[/b] loses 1 Sanity. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2804629/]Combat check (Fight 3 + 6 [Tommy Gun] - 3 [Warlock] = 6 dice) against Warlock (2 Toughness) (6d6.hits(5)=2)[/url]. [b]Carolyn[/b] gains 2 Clue tokens and Warlock is removed from the game.
Carolyn's caution proves justified. As she strolls through the streets of French Hill, she sees strange lights and hears frightening noises coming from the reputedly haunted Witch House. Curious, she investigates closer. She approaches the door, which swings open at her touch with an ominous creak. With trepidation, she steps inside and looks around at the dilapidated entry hall. Suddenly, the door slams shut behind her with a loud clap that startles her. She turns and wrestles with the knob, but it refuses to budge.

When she turns around again, a well-dressed man has appeared in the hall as if by magic. "So, little girl," he says with a sneer. "You think you can match your puny talents against the might and power of the Great Old Ones?" He raises his hands, and there is a crackle as shimmering flames seem to surround them.

Terrified, Carolyn backs up against the door and flattens herself against it. "Stay away from me!" she cries.

"You could not save your pathetic patient." The strange man begins to advance. "Nobody could stop me from taking his life...just as nobody can stop me from taking yours!" He points at her, and the fire intensifies.

"NO!" Carolyn pulls out her tommy gun and cuts loose on full auto. The man laughs at first as bullets seem to bounce off of him, but she keeps firing, swinging the barrel back and forth in a deadly arc. Finally, a round pierces through his defenses and makes a hole in his forehead. The fiery aura goes out and he collapses.

"Yig...shall curse you..." croaks the man with his last breaths. "I...go to the Abyss...but I shall take you...with...me..." With that, he expires.

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:45 pm
by Tabs
Turn 5 Arkham Encounter
Graveyard (Lurker): One of the headstones has a strange riddle inscribed on it.
ooc,Lore (-2) check, automatically fail; spending a Clue token + add one extra bonus die (Lore skill): [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2805479/]Lore check (1d6=5, 1d6=4)[/url]. Unique Item: Cultes des Goules--one for Carolyn?

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:17 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 5 Arkham Encounter
The Witch House->Abyss (1st area)
OOC,Yeah, I could use that if we ever meet, but right now I'm being pulled through an interdimensional portal... ;)
Fear seizing her heart, Carolyn turns and tries to batter down the door as the room swims around her. "Let me out of here!" she screams, pounding uselessly on it as her surroundings swirl and she feels herself pulled out of this world and into a place of sheer horror.

Turn 5 Other World Encounter
Abyss (1st area)->Black Cave
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2805945/]Luck(+1) check where the caverns split in the Abyss (5d6.hits(5)=1)[/url]. [b]Carolyn[/b] moves to the Black Cave.
Carolyn blacks out. When she comes to, she finds herself in a stygian labyrinth of smoky caverns. She has no idea which way she should head, so she picks a direction at random and starts running.

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:26 pm
by Tabs
Turn 5 Mythos

The Great Ritual
Split Gate: The Abyss / R'lyeh [on top of Darrell Simmons--he moves to The Abyss]
Hound of Tindalos

Reckoning card: He Is Everywhere

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:34 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 6 Upkeep
Black Cave
OOC,[b]Carolyn[/b] uses Psychology to restore 1 Sanity. She increases Will from 2 to 3 and decreases Fight from 3 to 2.
Carolyn notices that the caverns have changed. They look almost normal now, and she begins to relax. Could she finally be free?

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:16 pm
by Tabs
Turn 6 Upkeep
ooc,Speed <3 Sneak >2; gain $2 from Retainer, roll to keep it: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2807730/]Retainer (1d6=5)[/url]

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:58 pm
by Mr. Handy
Turn 6 Movement
Black Cave
OOC,[b]Carolyn[/b] does not move anywhere.
Carolyn soon finds an exit from the caverns and realizes where she is. This is the Black Cave, in Rivertown! Though she could leave, she decides to explore the caverns. She must have been brought here for a reason, and she needs to find out what it is.

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:20 am
by Tabs
Turn 6 Movement
Abyss (1st area)
ooc,Don't forget: there is a Gate to Celeano at the Black Cave. Darrell Simmons is no longer delayed.

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:26 pm
by Mr. Handy
Turn 6 Arkham Encounter
Black Cave-> The Great Hall of Celeano (1st area)
OOC,Yup, that's why I stayed here. I'll need an encounter for Celeano.
Carolyn suddenly feels the same eerie sensation of the caverns starting to spin that she had felt in the Witch House. "No, not again!" she cries as her surroundings suddenly change. The cave fades, and she soon finds herself in a vast hall filled with bookshelves. Ancient, mouldering tomes line them.

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:54 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 6 Other World Encounter
The Great Hall of Celeano (1st area)
OOC,[b]Carolyn[/b] would gain 1 Sanity, but she is already at maximum.
Carolyn strolls through the library and comes to a window. Peering through it, she sees the streets of Arkham laid out before her in the distance. Home! she thinks, overjoyed at the sight after her confusing travels through alien worlds. She would find a way back soon, she is sure of it.

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:48 pm
by Tabs
Turn 6 Other World Encounter
The Abyss (1st area)
Other: Pass a Speed (-1) check to grab the carving before it falls. Draw 1 Spell.
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2811375/]Speed (-1) check (1d6=2, 1d6=2)[/url]

Darrell Simmons screws a new flash-bulb into his camera, and then reverently pats his trusty Kodak.

"Wow! this place: they're never gonna believe these photographs back at the Arkham Advertiser."

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:44 pm
by Tabs
Turn 6 Mythos

The Man In Black
Monster surge: Witch -> The Witch House; Vampire, Cultist, Maniac, Warlock & Elder Thing -> Outskirts

Reckoning card: In Too Deep
1 Clue token added to The Great Ritual

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:55 pm
by Tabs
Turn 7 Upkeep
ooc,Gain $2; [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2811399/]Roll to keep Retainer (1d6=5)[/url].

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:17 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 7 Upkeep
The Great Hall of Celeano (1st area)
OOC,No change. Reckoning cards are only drawn when a Gate opens (except the one at the start of the game). They are not drawn when there is a monster surge. It's too bad you didn't get that Spell. I might be able to do something after I get back. If I can seal the Gate on Turn 8, I can go to French Hill on Turn 9 and deal with The Man In Black if he's still there, then again on Turn 10 (using Psychology in between to get 1 Sanity back). That'll give me 3 Spells if I survive, enough to defeat the Great Ritual. If you can manage to pass Cultes Des Ghouls off to me after we both get back, there will be less risk.
Carolyn continues to wander through the library.

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:21 am
by Tabs
ooc,[quote]Reckoning cards are only drawn when a Gate opens (except the one at the start of the game). They are not drawn when there is a monster surge.[/quote] Ooops--I forgot. I've edited the post. [quote]It's too bad you didn't get that Spell. I might be able to do something after I get back. If I can seal the Gate on Turn 8, I can go to French Hill on Turn 9 and deal with The Man In Black if he's still there, then again on Turn 10 (using Psychology in between to get 1 Sanity back). That'll give me 3 Spells if I survive, enough to defeat the Great Ritual. If you can manage to pass Cultes Des Ghouls off to me after we both get back, there will be less risk.[/quote] Shall I retroactrively spend Clue tokens in rolls for a Spell?--if we had been playing together you would have said the above during my encounter. Absolutely--I'll pass over Cultes des Goules.
Turn 7 Movement
The Abyss (1st area) -> (2nd area)

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:16 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 7 Movement
The Great Hall of Celeano (1st area) -> The Great Hall of Celeano (2nd area)
OOC,In Too Deep will just be drawn the next time a Reckoning card is needed. I don't think it's all right to retroactively spend Clue tokens in this case. I wouldn't have asked you to do it since I didn't know The Man In Black was coming. That's the only thing that makes it possible for me to foil the Great Ritual - both are conveniently located in French Hill. You can't afford to waste the Clues anyway on an effort that's all too likely to fail regardless. Handing Cultes des Goules off to me should suffice. I can afford to lose Sanity.
Carolyn continues to search for a way out.

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:46 am
by Tabs
ooc,When you said it was a shame Darrell didn't get the Spell I assumed you were referring to The Great Ritual--the card was drawn the turn before. Whatever! Darrell can shop for a Spell if needs be.
Turn 7 Other World Encounter
The Abyss (Lurker): You climb a long stone stair towards Sarkomand.
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2813585/]Fight (+0)[2]check (1d6=4, 1d6=5, 1d6=6)[/url]; move to the Dreamlands.

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:43 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 7 Other World Encounter
The Great Hall of Celeano (2nd area)
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2814315/]Luck(+1) check at the endless bookshelf (5d6.hits(5)=2)[/url]. [b]Carolyn[/b] gains 1 Spell. Yes, the Spell would be needed to thwart the Great Ritual, but I hadn't thought I'd make it in time until The Man In Black showed up. It looks like it'll be a little while before [b]Darrell[/b] can go shopping since he must now make his way through the Dreamlands. Fortunately, I just picked up Spell #2 and only need one more. Hopefully The Man In Black will still be there and no monsters will get in my way before I can reach him.
Carolyn finds a seemingly endless shelf full of books. Curiosity gets the better of her, and she glances through it. One book in particular attracts her attention, and she takes it down and opens it. The words on the page vanish as she reads them, but they burn themselves into her mind and fill her with mystical power.

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:35 pm
by Tabs
Turn 7 Mythos

R'lyeh Rising Environment
Monster surge: Elder Thing - Cultist -> Outskirts; Terror Level +1, Ally: John Legrasse leaves Arkham; Ghost - High Priest - Cultist - Byakhee -> Outskirts.

Place 1 Clue token on The Great Ritual.

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:16 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 8 Upkeep
The Great Hall of Celeano (2nd area)
OOC,[b]Carolyn[/b] increases Lore from 3 to 5 and decreases Luck from 4 to 2.
Carolyn finishes her studying and prepares to leave the bookshelf behind. Now she can heal both body and soul.

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:17 pm
by Tabs
Turn 8 Upkeep
ooc,Gain $2; [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2814741/]Keep Retainer? (1d6=1)[/url]

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:24 pm
by Mr. Handy
Turn 8 Movement
The Great Hall of Celeano (2nd area)->Black Cave

Carolyn finally finds the exit from the apparently infinitely vast library. As she passes through the portal, the world spins around her in a sickeningly familiar way, and she is once again back in the caverns.

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:21 am
by Tabs
Turn 8 Movement
The Dreamlands (1st area) -> (2nd area)

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:55 pm
by Mr. Handy
Turn 8 Arkham Encounter
Black Cave
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2816316/]Lore check (Lore 5 - 1 [Lurker at the Threshold] - 1 [Great Hall of Celeano] = 3 dice) to close and seal the Gate (3d6.hits(5)=1)[/url]. [b]Carolyn[/b] spends 5 Clue tokens to seal the Gate. She claims the Great Hall of Celeano Gate trophy.
Carolyn makes her way through the caves and soon finds a swirling vortex that seems to be the source of all of the trouble. A fierce wind picks up and threatens to blow her away, but she holds her ground. Summoning up all of the arcane knowledge she had discovered during her investigations, she focuses the power of her will into shutting down this hole in the world for good. The maelstrom shrinks until it becomes a single point and then winks out. Suddenly, the wind ceases and she knows she has succeeded.

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:07 am
by Tabs
Turn 8 Other World Encounter
Abyss, Yuggoth & Other (blue card): The insanity of this place finally hits you. Lose 1 Sanity.

Darrell claws at his temples.

"Arrrggghhh!"

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:59 pm
by Tabs
Turn 8 Mythos

Scurrilous Stranger Scandal! (Lurker)
[Gate burst at the Black Cave, Carolyn sent to the Dreamlands.]
Moving Gate: Dreamlands
Monster: Shoggoth -> Outskirts
Movement: Dimensional Shambler -> Rivertown, Witch -> French Hill, Hound of Tindalos -> stays put
***Re. Headline: Do we spend 5 Clue tokens to draw a Gate marker?***

Reckoning card: In Too Deep

Clue token added to The Great Ritual.

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:25 pm
by Tabs
Turn 9 Upkeep
ooc,Fight >5 Will <1

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:14 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 9 Upkeep
The Dreamlands (1st area)
OOC,D'oh! I just sealed that stupid Gate. ARRGH! :evil: I don't think it's worth it to spend 5 Clues for a Gate trophy. I was the first player when the option came up, and I already have one. I'd rather seal one of the Dreamlands Gates. At this rate I'll be lucky to get a Blessing before Yig awakens. [b]Carolyn[/b] decreases Lore from 5 to 3 and increases Luck from 2 to 4.
Before Carolyn can exit the cave, there is a massive explosion behind her! She falls unconscious instantly.

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:06 am
by Tabs
Turn 9 Movement
Dreamlands -> Independence Square
ooc,Ghost. Horror check: fail, lose 2 Sanity; Combat check: Fight 5 +3(Staff of Phraoh) -3(Ghost's combat modifier) [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2818172/]Combat check (1d6=4, 1d6=6, 1d6=6, 1d6=1, 1d6=5)[/url], success.

Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:09 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 9 Movement

Carolyn slowly awakens, only to find herself no longer in the caves. Instead, she is in the middle of a mysterious forest in yet an another alien realm. "Will I ever get home again?" she asks herself aloud.
OOC,[b]Carolyn[/b] is no longer delayed.

Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:07 pm
by Tabs
Turn 9 Arkham Encounter
Independence Square Close Split Gate: Plateau of Leng/Dreamlands.
ooc,Close Split Gate: Plateau of Leng/Dreamlands: Lore 1 +1(Skill) -2(Gate modifier) -1(Lurker), fail; spend 1 Clue token, [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2820212/]Lore check (1d6=1, 1d6=5)[/url], success. Gate trophy taken. Shoggoth returned to the monster cup.

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:46 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Why didn't you use Fight to close the Gate? You could have saved that Clue.
Turn 9 Other World Encounter

Carolyn finds a hollow tree stump as she walks through the woods. Inside is a pouch filled with small, unusual silver coins. "These should be worth a pretty penny when I get back to Arkham," she says. "If I get back."

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:50 am
by Tabs
ooc,[quote]Why didn't you use Fight to close the Gate? You could have saved that Clue.[/quote] I thought that by using Lore and spending Clues I'd roll more dice, 2 +2 as apposed to Fight with only 2 dice--and here my brain stopped working, because, of course, I could have spent Clues to add to my Fight check.
Turn 9 Mythos
Strange Power Flux Plagues City
[Gate opens at Independence Square, Darrell sent to the Another Dimension.]
Moving Gate: Another Dimension
Monster: Ghoul
Movement: Ghoul -> Downtown // Moving Gate: Dreamlands -> Rivertown
[Carolyn and Darrell immediately return to Arkham, **is Darrell still delayed?**]

Reckoning card: Strange Behaviour

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:33 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yes, you're still delayed. I checked the FAQ. I guess I'll stick around and close the Gate, though I can't seal it in its current location. I'll choose to fight the Dimensional Shambler even though I don't have to do so. It's a shame I don't have that third Spell, or I'd have been able to stop the Great Ritual after all. Now there's no chance.
Turn 10 Upkeep
Rivertown streets
OOC,[b]Carolyn[/b] increases Lore from 3 to 5 and decreases Luck from 4 to 2.
Suddenly, the air around Carolyn begins to swirl again, and she once more feels the bizarre spinning sensation. She finds herself back in Arkham, in the streets of Rivertown.

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:53 am
by Tabs
Turn 10 Upkeep
ooc,Darrell will close the Gate using his Fight skill.

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:46 pm
by Mr. Handy
Turn 10 Movement
Rivertown streets
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2823126/]Horror check (Will 3 - 2 [Dimensional Shambler] = 1 die) encountering the Dimensional Shambler (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url]. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2823127/]Horror check (Will 3 - 2 [Dimensional Shambler] = 1 die) encountering the Dimensional Shambler, reroll due to Bravery (1d6.hits(5)=1)[/url]. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2823128/]Combat check (Fight 2 + 6 [Tommy Gun] -2 [Dimensional Shambler]) fighting the Dimensional Shambler (6d6.hits(5)=4)[/url]. [b]Carolyn[/b] claims the Dimensional Shambler as a monster trophy.
A sudden noise draws Carolyn's attention. She turns and sees a strange, hairy beast with massive claws. An ordinary person would have been terrified, but she had more courage than most. Had it followed her back through the portal? Not waiting to give it a chance to ambush her, she pulls out her tommy gun and blazes away at it. Bullet after bullet riddles it with holes, and it is utterly destroyed. Then its body fades away to nothing, leaving no proof it had ever been there. Spent shell casings litter the empty street.

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:29 pm
by Tabs
Turn 10 Movement
Independence Square

The portal rushes round and round, swirling like a multi-coloured whirlpool. Darrell hears, or imagines he hears, an anguished howl; oddly, the frightening sound makes him feel better: a weight has been lifted off of his mind.

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:04 pm
by Mr. Handy
Turn 10 Arkham Encounter
Rivertown streets
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2823870/]Lore check (Lore 5 + 1 [Dreamlands] - 1 [Lurker at the Threshold] = 5 dice) to close the Gate (5d6.hits(5)=2)[/url]. [b]Carolyn[/b] claims the Dreamlands Gate trophy.
Carolyn once again channels the power through herself and closes the portal behind her so that nothing else can come through. It shrinks to a point and vanishes.

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:34 pm
by Tabs
Turn 10 Arkham Encounter
Independence Square
ooc,Close Gate: Another Dimension; [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2823938/]Fight 5 +0(Gate modifier) -1(Lurker) (1d6=4, 1d6=2, 1d6=4, 1d6=2)[/url], [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2823940/]Clue token spend on Fight check (1d6=5)[/url]; success. Gate taken as a trophy and Hound of Tindalos returned to the monster cup.

"I did it! I did it!"

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:53 pm
by Tabs
Turn 10 Mythos

Blu Flu!
Split Gate: Yuggoth/Another Dimension
Dhole
Movement: Ghoul -> Easttown

Reckoning card: The Body a Temple

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:08 pm
by Tabs
Turn 11 Upkeep
ooc,Darrell will restore his Sanity at the asylum.

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:35 pm
by Mr. Handy
Turn 11 Upkeep
Rivertown streets
OOC,[b]Carolyn[/b] increases Fight from 2 to 4 and decreases Will from 3 to 1. [b]Carolyn[/b] is heading to the South Church to get a Blessing, but first she has to kill that Witch in her way. I just hope there's enough time before Yig wakes up.
Carolyn catches her breath and reloads her Thompson, ready for anything.

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:55 pm
by Tabs
Turn 11 Movement
Independence Square -> Arkham Asylum

Darrell gazes at the asylum windows, they are barred with rusting iron grills: Arkham Asylum is a frightening place. He tips his fedora forwards and scratches the back of his head, puffs out his cheeks, and then stoically enters the building.

Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:51 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 11 Movement
Rivertown streets->French Hill streets
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2825231/]Combat check (Fight 4 + 6 [Tommy Gun] - 3 [Witch]) fighting the Witch (7d6.hits(5)=2)[/url]. [b]Carolyn[/b] claims the Witch as a monster trophy.
Carolyn heads south through the streets of Arkham. As she walks through French Hill and passes near the Witch House, she sees a woman dressed all in black - and she sees Carolyn too!

"You!" cries the woman. "You are the one who murdered my lover!"

"If you're talking about the fellow in that house," says Carolyn, "he attacked me. I had to protect myself."

"You should have let him sacrifice you! Now your pain will be worse. When Yig awakens, he will curse you! He will sink his fangs into you and fill you with his venom, so that your death is slow and agonizing! It will be soon..."

"I'm a psychologist. Maybe I can help you-"

"I am not mad! I see clearly now, and you are a blind fool! Since you did what you did out of ignorance, I shall be merciful. I shall grant you a quick, painless death." She raises her hands, and a fiery aura begins to surround them.

"I'm not in the mood for this." Carolyn pulls out her tommy gun and cuts loose. The woman is struck by multiple bullets, and she falls dead to the street.

Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:34 pm
by Tabs
Turn 11 Arkham Encounter
Arkham Asylum
ooc,Darrell pays $2 to restore his Sanity.

Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:22 pm
by Tabs
Turn 11 Mythos

The Chill of the Grave [Gate only]
Unvisited Isle. Endless Gate: Yuggoth
Doom token added to doom track.
Shoggoth

Reckoning card: Terrible Realization

Lodge Member Held for Questioning!
Black Cave. Gate...
Doom token added to doom track; 10th doom token, Yig awakes!

Every investigator is cursed.

Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:50 pm
by Tabs
ooc,Speed >5 Sneak <1 After Carolyn has completed her "Investigators Refresh" step and the first player marker has passed to her, can Darrell have the Holy Water?

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:48 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yes, of course. I was going to offer it anyway, since I don't need it. You might want to save it in hopes that you'll shake off your Curse or until you're down to 1 in either Sanity or Stamina. I almost got the Blessing too! If I'd gotten it, we'd have had a chance. Now unless we're very lucky, I think we're doomed. :cry: [b]Carolyn[/b] loses Flesh Ward automatically due to Yig awakening. [b]Carolyn[/b] gives Holy Water to [b]Darrell Simmons[/b]. No change to sliders.
Round 1 Investigators Refresh
No sooner has the dust settled than Carolyn sees an enormous monstrosity stalking through the streets of Arkham. The gigantic fiend towers over the buildings. It looks vaguely humanoid, but its hands have claws and it has a long tail and the head of a snake. Its beady eyes stare at her, and a long, forked tongue flickers between its fangs. She sees a man with a camera come running over and hands him her flask of holy water. "Here, you'd better take this," she says. "I only have two hands, and I need them for this." She takes out her Thompson and reloads it.

Round 1 Investigators Attack
Carolyn wastes no time engaging the enemy in battle. From what the sorcerers she slew said, she knows this must be Yig. That knowledge does her little good, however. She sprays lead all around, but only one bullet strikes the massive creature. It seems more angry than injured...
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2827789/]Combat check (Fight 4 + 6 [Tommy Gun] - 3 [Yig] = 7 dice), final battle against Yig, Round 1 (7d6.hits(5)=3)[/url]. That's actually only 1 hit because I forgot to use hits(6) instead of hits(5). Stupid Curse... :evil: It will take 19 more hits to defeat Yig.

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:45 pm
by Tabs
Round 1 Investigators Attack
ooc,Fight 5 +3(Axe) -3(Yig), [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2828463/]Combat vs Yig (1d6=6, 1d6=6, 1d6=1, 1d6=5, 1d6=4)[/url]; 2 hits. 17 more hits to defeat Yig.

Darrell yells to the tommy gun toting woman.

"I knew there was someone else fighting against the evil in this Godforsaken town." As she fires Darrell cheers. "Drill the lizard!"

He rushes at Yig with an axe, screaming in terror, and swings the weapon: the axe bites into Yig's tail.

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:26 am
by Mr. Handy
Round 1 Ancient One Attacks
Yig rushes at Carolyn and lashes out at her with his tail, but with its recent wound she manages to leap out of the way.
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2829154/]Speed(+1) check to avoid getting hit by Yig (4d6.hits(6)=1)[/url].

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:23 pm
by Tabs
Round 1 Ancient One Attacks
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2829586/]Speed (5) +1 check (1d6=6, 1d6=6, 1d6=2, 1d6=1, 1d6=3, 1d6=6)[/url]

Yig tries to stamp on Darrell, who nimbly ducks away.

"You'll have to do better than that!"

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:52 am
by Mr. Handy
Round 2 Investigators Refresh
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2830918/]Roll to check if the Curse is lifted (1 needed), Round 2 (1d6=1)[/url]. [b]Carolyn[/b] loses her Curse. No changes. Yes! :D We have a real chance now!
Carolyn feels as though a sudden weight has been lifted from her shoulders. Squaring them, she reloads her Thompson and prepares to unleash hell.

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:06 pm
by Tabs
Round 2 Investigators Refresh
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2831559/]Curse lifted? (1d6=3)[/url]
Round 2 Investigators Attack
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2831561/]Fight 5 +3(Axe) -3(Yig) (1d6=5, 1d6=2, 1d6=5, 1d6=5, 1d6=4)[/url]

Darnell sees the woman physically grow in stature and hope fills his heart.

Again he swings the axe--a true haymaker--but the blade whisks over Yig's head; the axe thumps into the ground, only a fraction of an inch from his T-bar shoe.

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:37 pm
by Mr. Handy
Round 2 Investigators Attack
Carolyn empties another drum of .45 bullets into Yig, and this time most of them connect! The monstrosity reels from the onslaught and starts to weaken, but it is still far from defeated.
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2831701/]Combat check (Fight 4 + 6 [Tommy Gun] - 3 [Yig] = 7 dice) fighting Yig, Round 2 (7d6.hits(5)=4)[/url]. It will take 13 more hits to defeat Yig.

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:27 pm
by Tabs
Round 2 Ancient One Attacks
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2831740/]Speed 5 (+0) check (1d6=3, 1d6=4, 1d6=1, 1d6=3, 1d6=3)[/url]; Darrell loses 1 Sanity and 1 Stamina.

Yig's forked tongue whips against the side of Darrell's face, his fedora and an ear spin away from his head with a spray of blood.

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:09 pm
by Mr. Handy
Round 2 Ancient One Attacks
Yig tries to bite Carolyn with his venomous fangs, but she barely rolls away at the last possible second.
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2831764/]Speed(+0) check to avoid getting hit by Yig (3d6.hits(5)=1)[/url]. I'll restore that lost Sanity point of yours during the refresh phase. It may pay to wait on Heal, as it can restore multiple Stamina points with multiple successes.

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:25 pm
by Tabs
Round 3 Investigators Refresh
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2831815/]Curse lifted? (1d6=6)[/url] [quote]I'll restore that lost Sanity point of yours during the refresh phase. It may pay to wait on Heal, as it can restore multiple Stamina points with multiple successes.[/quote] Thanks.

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:59 pm
by Mr. Handy
Round 3 Investigators Refresh
"Don't give up," Carolyn says encouragingly to Darrell as she reloads. "We're hurting that thing, and it's bleeding. If it bleeds, we can kill it."
OOC,[b]Carolyn[/b] uses Psychology to restore 1 Sanity to [b]Darrell Simmons[/b]. No change to sliders.
Round 3 Investigators Attack
Carolyn rises up on one knee and fires a burst at Yig, but he manages to avoid most of the bullets this time.
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2831882/]Combat check (Fight 4 + 6 [Tommy Gun] - 3 [Yig] = 7 dice) fighting Yig, Round 3 (7d6.hits(5)=1)[/url]. It will take 12 more hits to defeat [b]Yig[/b].

Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:15 am
by Tabs
Round 3 Investigators Attack
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2832877/]Fight 5 +3(Axe) -3(Yig) (1d6=6, 1d6=6, 1d6=5, 1d6=4, 1d6=6)[/url]; 9 more hits to defeat Yig.

Carolyn places a comforting hand on Darrel's shoulder and his mental torment is relieved.

"Until that monster snaps my spine I shall never give up, never."

Darrell launches himself towards Yig--in a rage fuelled by the pain of his sliced off ear--and hews with the axe at Yig.

Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:42 pm
by Mr. Handy
Round 3 Ancient One Attacks
Yig lashes out at Carolyn with his forked tongue and nearly grabs her with it, but she rolls aside and out of the way.
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2833156/]Speed(-1) check to avoid getting hit by Yig, Round 3 (2d6.hits(5)=1)[/url].

Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:50 pm
by Tabs
Round 3 Ancient One Attacks
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2833478/]Speed 5 -1 check (1d6=2, 1d6=3, 1d6=6, 1d6=1)[/url]

Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:53 pm
by Mr. Handy
Round 4 Investigators Refresh
Carolyn takes aim at the deadly reptile and prepares to fire again.
OOC,No change to sliders.

Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:13 pm
by Tabs
Round 4 Investigators Refresh
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2833504/]Curse lifted? (1d6=5)[/url]
Round 4 Investigators Attack
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2833511/]R4: Fight 5 +3(Axe) -3(Yig) (1d6=3, 1d6=2, 1d6=5, 1d6=1, 1d6=4)[/url]

Darrell swings the axe once again, but misses pathetically--probably due to the tears in his eyes.

Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:26 pm
by Mr. Handy
Round 4 Investigators Attack
Carolyn fires a stream of lead at Yig, but only one bullet hits the giant serpent.
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2833523/]Combat check (Fight 4 + 6 [Tommy Gun] - 3 [Yig] = 7 dice) fighting Yig, Round 4 (7d6.hits(5)=1)[/url]. It will take 8 more hits to defeat Yig.

Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:44 pm
by Tabs
Round 4 Ancient One Attacks
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2833546/]Speed 5 -2 check (1d6=3, 1d6=2, 1d6=3)[/url]

Yig's claw rakes Darrell's leg, shredding the fabric of his pants and skinning a shin. Darrell spits.

"You're going down!"

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:28 am
by Mr. Handy
Round 4 Ancient One Attacks
Yig again tries to sink his fangs into Carolyn, and once more she narrowly manages to dodge.
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2833593/]Speed(-2) check to avoid getting hit by Yig, Round 4 (1d6.hits(5)=1)[/url].

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:11 am
by Tabs
Round 5 Investigators Refresh
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2834342/]R5: Curse lifted? (1d6=6)[/url]

Darrell's body has been sliced and raked by Yig, but he's not dead yet.
ooc,Can Darrell have another Sanity restored?

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:36 am
by Mr. Handy
Round 5 Investigators Refresh
"You're doing great!" calls Carolyn, reloading her tommy gun. "We're hurting it a lot more than it hurt you."
OOC,Yes, of course. [b]Carolyn[/b] uses Psychology to restore 1 Sanity to [b]Darrell Simmons[/b]. No change to sliders.
Round 5 Investigators Attack
Carolyn fires another burst at Yig, stitching him with a few more bullets.
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2834939/]Combat check (Fight 4 + 6 [Tommy Gun] - 3 [Yig] = 7 dice) fighting Yig, Round 5 (7d6.hits(5)=2)[/url]. It will take 6 more hits to defeat [b]Yig[/b].

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:43 am
by Tabs
Round 5 Investigators Attack
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2835374/]Fight 5 +3(Axe) -3(Yig) (1d6=5, 1d6=6, 1d6=2, 1d6=3, 1d6=2)[/url]. 5 more hits to defeat Yig.

Darrell's skin is pale, and he feels sick; however, there is still fight left in him.

"Thank you for the kind words, Miss."

Darrell gathers himself and then takes another lunge at Yig with the axe.

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:14 am
by Mr. Handy
Round 5 Ancient One Attacks
Yig rushes Carolyn before she can react and backhands her with a claw, sending her flying into the wall of nearby building and leaving her battered and shaken.
OOC,[b]Carolyn[/b] automatically fails Speed(-3) check. She loses 1 Sanity and 1 Stamina.

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:21 am
by Tabs
Round 5 Ancient One Attacks
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2836752/]R5: Speed 5 -3 check (1d6=6, 1d6=6)[/url]

Darrell watches on angrily as Yig strikes Carolyn.

"Over here"--arms waving--"you vile serpent!" When the monster swipes its tail at him he leaps clear like he was diving over the goal line in football when he was at college.

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:22 am
by Mr. Handy
Round 6 Investigators Refresh
Carolyn hauls herself to her feet and reloads her tommy gun, reassuring herself that they are going to win.
OOC,[b]Carolyn[/b] uses Psychology on herself and regains 1 Sanity. No change to sliders.

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:51 am
by Tabs
Round 6 Investigators Refresh
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2838252/]R6: Curse lifted? (1d6=6)[/url]
Round 6 Investigators Attack
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2838253/]R6: Fight 5 +3(Axe) -3(Yig) (1d6=4, 1d6=3, 1d6=4, 1d6=2, 1d6=2)[/url] Huh!--And I've rolled so many sixes recently.

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:31 am
by Mr. Handy
Round 6 Investigators Attack
Carolyn fires a burst at Yig, but the great serpent easily avoids her gunfire. Her wounds have weakened her and hindered her accuracy.
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2839534/]Combat check (Fight 4 + 6 [Tommy Gun] - 3 [Yig] = 7 dice) fighting Yig, Round 6 (7d6.hits(5)=0)[/url].

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:54 am
by Tabs
Round 6 Ancient One Attacks
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2839744/]Speed -4 check (1d6=2)[/url]

Yig cuts deep into Darrell's thigh, his trousers change colour to a dark crimson: Darrell looks a bloody mess. The monster throws back its head and gurgles a victory cry.

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:49 am
by Mr. Handy
Round 6 Ancient One Attacks
Yig swings his tail around, smacking Carolyn hard and dropping her to her knees. She spits out blood as she tries to recover.
OOC,[b]Carolyn[/b] automatically fails Speed(-4) check. She loses 1 Sanity and 1 Stamina.

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:45 am
by Tabs
Round 7 Investigators Refresh
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2840927/]R7: Curse lifted? (1d6=5)[/url]

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:10 am
by Mr. Handy
Round 7 Investigators Refresh
"We've got him on the ropes," groans Carolyn, tactfully not mentioning that they are on the ropes themselves. "Just hang in there a little longer!" She forces herself up on one knee and takes aim.
OOC,[b]Carolyn[/b] uses Psychology to restore 1 Sanity to [b]Darrell Simmons[/b]. No change to sliders.
Round 7 Investigators Attack
Carolyn cuts loose with another burst, peppering Yig with lead. She can see him visibly weakening.
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2840941/]Combat check (Fight 4 + 6 [Tommy Gun] - 3 [Yig] = 7 dice) fighting Yig, Round 7 (7d6.hits(5)=2)[/url]. It will take 3 more hits to defeat [b]Yig[/b].

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:26 am
by Tabs
Round 7 Investigators Attack
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2841158/]R7: Fight 5 +6(Holy Water) -3(Yig) (1d6=1, 1d6=3, 1d6=6, 1d6=2, 1d6=5, 1d6=4, 1d6=6, 1d6=3)[/url]. 1 more hit to defeat Yig.
"Just hang in there a little longer!"
Darrell nods to Carolyn and whistles through his teeth.

He drops the axe and throws Holy Water at Yig; the contents splash upon the monster's scales, purple steam hisses--the holy water is corrosive to the monster. Yig's gurgle sounds like phlegm rattling in a consumptive's chest.

"The monster is mortally wounded. Miss, let's brace ourselves for one more attack."

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:47 pm
by Mr. Handy
Round 7 Ancient One Attacks
Yig lashes out at Carolyn with his slimy tongue, wrapping it around her body and neck and squeezing. She feels lightheaded as she begins to suffocate.
OOC,[b]Carolyn[/b] automatically fails Speed(-5) check. She loses 1 Sanity and 1 Stamina.

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:27 pm
by Tabs
Round 7 Ancient One Attacks
ooc,Darrell loses 1 Sanity and 1 Stamina.

"Leave her alone you evil snake!" Yig doesn't pay Darrell any attention, it merely strikes Darrell across his mouth with its tail; he sees his spit and several teeth fly away in slow motion.

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:13 am
by Mr. Handy
Round 8 Investigators Refresh
Carolyn can feel the life draining out of her, but she refuses to die. Summoning up all of the arcane power within herself, she heals her broken body.
OOC,[b]Carolyn[/b] uses Psychology on herself and regains 1 Sanity. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2842005/]Spell check (Lore 5 + 1 [Heal] = 6 dice), casting Heal on herself (6d6.hits(5)=4)[/url]. [b]Carolyn[/b] restores her Stamina to maximum and loses 1 Sanity from the Heal spell.

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:09 am
by Tabs
Round 8 Investigators Refresh
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2842356/]R8: Curse lifted? (1d6=1)[/url]; !
Round 8 Investigators Attack
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2842357/]R8: Fight 5 +3(Axe) -3(Yig) (1d6=2, 1d6=6, 1d6=4, 1d6=6, 1d6=3)[/url]

Darrell hurls the axe at Yig à la a mohican throwing his hatchet, it spins in the air--turning over and over, and embeds itself inbetween Yig's terrible googly eyes.

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:22 pm
by Mr. Handy
Carolyn untangles herself from Yig's gruesome remains and stands up. "Thank you," she tells Darrell, offering her hand. "I don't think either of us could have won this battle alone. That...thing is dead, and the world is safe for now, but we must constantly be on our guard. Who knows when another threat will arise?"