Page 1 of 1

The Lurker at the Threshold (ooc)

Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:04 pm
by Tabs
Mr. Handy, thanks for the blurb under the new Dunwich Horror child board.

AH minis are back: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_ ... estigators

Re: Innsmouth Horror & The Lurker at the Threshold (ooc)

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:49 am
by Mr. Handy
You're welcome! I noticed that you deleted the OOC thread for Dunwich Horror instead of moving it - my post count dropped a bit as a result, but it's still insanely high. I'm looking forward to starting this one!

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:16 am
by Tabs
Mr. Handy wrote:I noticed that you deleted the OOC thread for Dunwich Horror instead of moving it
Doh! My mistake.

DSIGFUSS is playing too.

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:34 am
by Tabs
Herald & Dark Pact cards & Power token:

Reckoning card example:
The text for Power Decays reads, "Each investigator loses 1 Stamina for each Power he has."

Posted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:28 am
by Tabs
Prepare Decks & House Rules
(Any disagreement we'll discuss.)

Mythos Cards: AH (67), IH (36), LatT (22); remove 22 cards from the AH cards.

Gate Cards: any official cards; at least one Other World Encounter will take place at the named Other World. E.g. If in the 1st area of R'yleh the encounter was "Other", in the the 2nd area the encounter will be at "R'yleh".

Location Cards in Arkham: the IH and LatT cards.

Common/Unique/Spell/Skill: any official cards.

Ally: any official cards; an ally mentioned in an encounter is always "available" (unless the game limit of 11 allies has been reached).

Injury & Madness Cards (from Dunwich Horror) can be used.

Investigator* and Ancient One: any official cards.
*Patrice Hathaway's Inspiring unique ability is restricted to trading her Clue tokens.

Arkham 16: You've all got the base set?, anyhow I couldn't find the images at BGG.
Dunwich 8: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/images/boa ... te=alltime
Kingsport 8: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/images/boa ... ter=&B1=Go
Innsmouth 16: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/images/boa ... ion/page/2

Posted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:32 pm
by Mr. Handy
I'd like to play George Barnaby, the Lawyer.

I think we should stick to the rules as written and not use house rules. I especially don't like the idea of removing cards from the game (such as the Arkham Horror Mythos and Location cards). I'd rather play with all of the cards in the mix, and I don't think we should force an Other World Encounter to be at the named Other World. It's possible to skip the second encounter anyway, if you use Find Gate or get a result that returns you to Arkham after the first encounter. The way Allies should work is that the deck of 11 Ally cards is dealt out randomly from the Akrham and Innsmouth Ally cards as part of the preparation, and it is these 11 that are available. They are removed from the game by certain effects, such as the Terror Level increasing. If an Investigator starts with a fixed Ally, such as Duke, then that Ally is given out and only 10 others would be selected at random.

I haven't read Patrice Hathaway's card yet, as I don't read investigator cards until I select them at random to play them and I haven't drawn her yet, but I wouldn't want to modify her ability and shortchange anyone who might play her.

Posted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:41 pm
by Misfit
I'll play Roland Banks, the Fed.

Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:49 am
by Tabs
I think we should stick to the rules as written and not use house rules. I especially don't like the idea of removing cards from the game (such as the Arkham Horror Mythos and Location cards). I'd rather play with all of the cards in the mix
I disagree, especially with the Mythos and Location cards--it's the old problem of deck dilution. To add to these decks rather than replace some or all the cards means the same old familiar cards risk being drawn.

I choose Trish Scarborough, the Spy.

Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:22 pm
by Mr. Handy
Deck dilution isn't as much of a problem when we're only playing with two expansions, one of them a smaller one, but there's another unintended consequence of removing cards from the base game. The expansions were designed and tested to be played with all of the cards from the base game. By removing Mythos and Location cards, we'd be making things a lot harder on ourselves. The Arkham Horror Mythos deck has no Gate Bursts, but they do appear in both Innsmouth Horror and Lurker at the Threshold. By removing cards from the base Mythos deck, we make it far more likely for Gate Bursts to hit and pop off the Elder Signs that we worked so hard to place. Removing cards from the base game's Location and Mythos decks would also make Reckoning cards get drawn much more frequently if there are effects that cause them to be drawn in the LatT decks.

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:13 am
by Tabs
Sorry guys, but I've decided to postpone the game. The reason is that I wish to prepare the decks my way, also, I don't wish anyone to be unhappy with that. Consequently my enthusiasm to run the game has evaporated.

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:48 am
by Mr. Handy
You said you wanted to discuss the proposed house rules here, so I stated why I prefer the original rules. It's your game and you're free to run it how you like, and I'll still play and enjoy it either way. Just understand that it'll be harder on us with more Gate Bursts and the Deep Ones Rising track filling up faster if we remove the base game's cards.

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:52 am
by Tabs
Mr. Handy wrote:You said you wanted to discuss the proposed house rules here, so I stated why I prefer the original rules.
True. :)

I still wish to postpone the game.

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:56 pm
by DSIGFUSS
OK cool. Postpone away Tabs but know that I'll play Charlie Kane when you want to get it going again. He sounds fun and fat!

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:38 pm
by trixie
Bummer, I was going to see if there was room for one more. If there is, and you unearth the desire to play Tabs, I would be interested in joining ranks. Cheers

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:15 pm
by Tabs
Trixie, you've certainly got the sexiest avatar at CoC.org: I presume this means you're over 50, drink lots of beer and do not have any teeth :P . Hey, what is your relationship to DSIGFUSS?

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:08 pm
by DSIGFUSS
She likes to follow me around and join in any game I play in hopes of fulfilling her destiny and killing me. Most likely over alter of some description.

Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:45 pm
by trixie
He's my arch-nemesis. He must diiiiiiie!!!! :twisted:

Seriously though, I just wanna game. :mrgreen: Cheers

trix

Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:30 am
by Tabs
Running a board game pbp is too much work--not enough interaction/satsifaction/action. The only part I enjoyed were reading and writing the little stories, (which were based upon the cards, monsters, whatever, which I drew at random).

Sorry trix.

Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:39 pm
by DSIGFUSS
bummer... Ok though Tabs! Your call buddy! Maybe we should turn this group into something else then.

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:37 am
by trixie
Like what, spoof Arkham Horror? hee hee! ;)

The Lurker at the Threshold (ooc)

Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:55 pm
by Tabs
FAO Mr. Handy (sorry DSIGFUSS and Trixie)
Arkham Horror and The Lurker? and only components from those two sets? Who do you want to play or shall I randomly choose an investigator for us?

Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:14 pm
by Mr. Handy
So we're not also using Innsmouth? If we are, I'll play George Barnaby, the Lawyer, as I stated before. If we're only using the investigators from the base game, you can draw randomly. That's what I always do anyway to pick my investigator.

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:11 pm
by Tabs
I'm gonna go for the base game +1 expansion (Lurker with Herald); also, this way it'll solve my issue with deck dilution.

Do you want to keep track of your investigator online? I can scan the investigator sheet and the AO as well.

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:18 am
by Mr. Handy
Sounds good to me. Two expansions at once could get confusing. Maybe the next game can include Innsmouth (and more players).

I got five games of Arkham Horror + Innsmouth in over thw weekend, but a couple of them were quick losses (I lost one in less than half an hour). I almost won the first game with Michael McGlen against Nyogtha. Went shopping early and bought a Warding Statue to buy me an extra round, even passing up an Elder Sign to get it (no point sealing Gates when I'd never get them all before he wakes up). I even had a Blessing, but I came up a couple of points short after two attacks, one with Dynamite and the other with my Tommy Gun. Then I failed my roll to survive. Rhan-Tegoth kicked my butt quickly twice in a row, then Zhar cleaned my clock. Finally I managed to punch Nyogtha to death with Carolyn Fern - no kidding! I didn't even have a Blessing then (lost it well before the final battle and couldn't get another because a Shoggoth kept blocking me from getting to the South Church), but I did have the +1 Fight and Marksman Skills, both of which I needed, along with the special Gate card from the City of the Great Race that gave me 3 automatic successes. I had a lot of Clues saved up, though I'd burned many more of them needlessly. Even so, I was insanely lucky to win, especially without weapons or a Blessing.

I drew a random character for this game while I was at it, and it's Carolyn Fern again. Keeping track of her online will work.

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:32 pm
by Tabs
"Five games"! The Mythos gods will be angry with me because I haven't played the game for several months.

I forgot about the Personal Story cards, shall we include those as well? Any other cards?

Also, I'm very tempted to take the Bound Ally card--I know it'll make the final battle tough, but I figure that if I'm going to take the Bound Ally card I should do so at Turn 1.

Re: The Lurker at the Threshold (ooc)

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:10 am
by Mr. Handy
Well, I hadn't played in a couple of months either, though I did get two games in in early September. Before that I hadn't played since last year!

Let's just use the cards in the base game and the Lurker expansion. The Personal Story cards are fun, but they may make things overly complicated. In my last game I barely completed Carolyn's. I went straight to the bank and took out a loan, trying and failing to read the Old Journal I started with in spite of my high Lore. Then I went back to the Asylum to complete my mission, reading the journal successfully on the way. Then I got the encounter that gave me 2 Clues if I passed a Will(-2) check, and my current Will was 3. I actually succeeded, which would have given me 6 Clues and failed the mission, so I spent 1 Clue to get an extra unnecessary die. :lol: Of course, in each of the three turns after I got the loan I had to pay up. I would have made it to the Newspaper and had a chance to earn some cash, but a Maniac got in my way and I had to waste a turn kicking his butt, and then the very next turn I was in default. Lost my Enchanted Blade, Holy Water, and Lantern. :cry: I still managed to win somehow, so it's all good.

I haven't even looked at the Lurker cards yet, but the Relationship cards are something I'm looking forward to. I don't know what the Reckonings do, but I'm going to try to avoid taking any Dark Pacts if I can - they're bound to be horrible!

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:15 am
by Tabs
Let's just use the cards in the base game and the Lurker expansion.
Okay.

Carolyn's possessions: (Common) Tommy Gun, Lucky Cigarete Case; (Unique) Ancient Tablet, The King in Yellow; (Skill) Bravery.

Relationship card: Friendly Rivals.

What the heck, I'm taking the Bound Ally card [draws from Ally deck]: Anna Kaslow.

The game has begun. I've not considered our tactics beyond Sister Mary gathering Clue tokens.

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:32 am
by Mr. Handy
That sounds good. I think I'll stay in the Asylum for the first two turns and milk my Unique Items for all they're worth. By then I should have enough Clue tokens to seal a Gate.

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:10 am
by Tabs
A Fight(-3) check is a tough encounter.

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:14 am
by Mr. Handy
Actually, it was only Fight(-2), but even so... I hadn't been expecting that, as I'd never seen this encounter before. I'll be sure to raise my Fight to at least give me a chance if it comes up again. I can't afford to lose the really good stuff!

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:01 am
by Tabs
This turn Sister Mary plans to pick up the Clue token at the Science Building.

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:38 pm
by Tabs
The Turn 2 Reckoning card totally screwed my plans, there had better be some good stuff for Sister Mary on future Reckoning cards--otherwise it's a one sided pact she has struck with the Lurker.

My plan for Turn 3 is to go to The Unnamable and pick up the Clue tokens.

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:30 am
by Mr. Handy
That'll teach you not to make deals with dark forces, I guess.

My plan is to use the Ancient Tablet this turn. It's a shame I hadn't waited on the King In Yellow. I could have ended my turn in the Downtown streets and paid off the vagrants to get my choice of 3 Spells. I'm hoping the Tablet gives me something good (*cough* Find Gate *cough*). I may do the vagrant thing next turn if it's still there, then head to the Black Cave's new Gate after that.

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:08 am
by Tabs
Yes, if we meet up Carolyn can have Flesh Ward.

Turn 4: I thought Sister Mary could kill the Ghoul and the turn after get the 2 Clue tokens at Hibb's?

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:21 am
by Mr. Handy
Actually, I think I should kill the Ghoul and you should go directly to Hibb's this turn. When you pass me, you can hand off one of your Flesh Wards. I can give you a couple of bucks if you want. Then next turn I intend to kill the Warlock and go through the Gate to the Abyss. I'll then have enough Clues to seal 2 Gates (3 if Nodens' Favor remains in play long enough).

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:20 am
by Tabs
Yes, you're right. Sister Mary will pass through Rivertown. A few dollars will be useful--how many?

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:17 am
by Mr. Handy
I'm thinking $2. I want to keep 5 so I can buy an Elder Sign or a Spell if I get a chance to go shopping later.

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:38 am
by Tabs
Do you want to take Holy Water as well?--Sister Mary has the Shrivelling spell.

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:26 pm
by Mr. Handy
Thanks, if you're sure you can do without it.

There's nothing for me to do in the Arkham Encounter phase, so you can go ahead and post your own encounter (and the Mythos phase and Turn 5 Upkeep).

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:30 pm
by Tabs
Mr. Handy wrote:Thanks, if you're sure you can do without it.
:)

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:12 pm
by Tabs
Turn 4 Reckoning card: Humanity Lost--so, we have 1 Power each and you, as the first player, decides who is to be devoured. Sister Mary is the weaker investigator--choose her.

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:44 am
by Mr. Handy
Ouch, that was harsh! I never saw that one coming. Yeah, I guess Sister Mary has to go. :cry: Since she got devoured in Turn 4, I think you come back with a new investigator at the start of Turn 5 (when you're first player).

At least you gave me your extra stuff before that happened, and the Bound Ally pact is gone.

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:17 pm
by Tabs
Darrell Simmons has joined the fight. I thought he could go to the Curiositie Shoppe and shop or maybe to the Graveyard and pick up the Clue tokens.

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:27 am
by Mr. Handy
I'd say the Graveyard first. The shop will still be open next turn, but the Graveyard could have a Gate open and destroy those Clues at any time. Plus next turn you'll have $8, enough to afford any Unique Item as far as I know. Up to you, though.

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:46 pm
by Tabs
Other World Encounter, (blue card) Abyss, Celeano and Other: The caverns split.

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:37 pm
by Tabs
Well done to Carolyn for dispatching the Warlock.

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:20 am
by Mr. Handy
Thanks! I should have spent Clues on that Luck check, though. Now I've wasted at least one turn. If Gates keep opening like this, Yig will wake up soon.

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:37 pm
by Tabs
Yup, that's why I stayed here. I'll need an encounter for Celeano.
:) I should never have doubted you.

Other World Encounter (green card , The Dreamlands, City of the Great Race and Other): A glimpse of home gives you hope. Gain 1 Sanity.

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:06 pm
by Tabs
Other World Encounter, (blue card, The Dreamlands, Celeano & Other) [Lurker]: An endless bookshelf!

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:12 pm
by Tabs
It looks like it'll be a little while before Darrell can go shopping since he must now make his way through the Dreamlands.
So you think Darrell should go back to the 1st area?

Spell: Heal--a nice combo for Carolyn.

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:08 am
by Mr. Handy
That's what I'd suppose the card means. Whenever you move to an Other World, you always start out in the first area.

Heal is a nice Spell and may help in the final battle if Yig wakes up. I wasn't planning on keeping it, but now it looks like I may have to. With The Man In Black gone, I don't see how I'm going to get that third Spell. There's not enough time for me to get to Ye Olde Magic Shoppe and back. The only way I can see of succeeding in stopping the Great Ritual is if you hurry to French Hill and hand me Cultes des Goules without taking time to try to close the Gate. I'll still seal the one at the Black Cave, but you'll be returning to Arkham a turn behind me.

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:11 pm
by Tabs
Hmmm... I think we should allow The Great Ritual to fail, and gear up for the final battle; also, if Darrell closes the Gate he can spend the trophy to be Blessed. I reckon we can beat Yig in a showdown.

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:21 pm
by Mr. Handy
Yes, we'll both need Blessings in case that happens. Let's play it by ear and see what the situation is when you return from the Dreamlands. It may still be possible to do both. You could read Cultes des Goules yourself and then move to Rivertown, then hand me the Spell as I go by on my way to French Hill on Turn 10, just in time to stop the Great Ritual, except I think I move first on Turn 10. Maybe you'll find an Encounter that returns you to Arkham or something.

Don't forget you have the Dragon's Eye. You could have used that to keep from being sent to the Dreamlands, but it's too late now.

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:52 am
by Misfit
ughhh....I guess this game did end up happening...:/.

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:12 am
by Tabs
Don't forget you have the Dragon's Eye. You could have used that to keep from being sent to the Dreamlands, but it's too late now.
I did forget--there are so many possibilities to this game!

ughhh....I guess this game did end up happening...:/.
Mr. Handy purchased The Lurker at the Threshold, therefore I didn't need to scan any cards; with only two players as well the game has been a lot more fun (for me anyhow), but the flip side of having two players is that the game is extra tough.

Thinking ahead: how about Innsmouth with three players... Misfit? Mr. Handy?

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:37 pm
by Mr. Handy
Sounds good to me, or maybe even more than three. I'd like to try Arkham+Innsmouth after this game is over.

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:45 am
by Misfit
I would be up for that.

Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:16 pm
by Tabs
Other World Encounter (green card, City of the Great Race, Celeano & Other): You find some valuable items you can sell back in Arkham. Gain $3.

Misfit: I didn't ask you, but do you have the board game?

Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:21 pm
by Misfit
I do not personally have it but my friend does and I have played it about a dozen times.

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:49 pm
by Tabs
Misfit wrote:I do not personally have it but my friend does and I have played it about a dozen times.
Okay. What I'll do is type your cards which will be drawn from my decks, but scan the Mythos card because it has lots of information on it.

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:23 am
by Misfit
We'll do.

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:45 pm
by Tabs
Sounds good to me, or maybe even more than three. I'd like to try Arkham+Innsmouth after this game is over.
Let's see how enjoyable the game is with us three.

So, we'll stick to the components from the two sets? However, I thought to leave out the Heralds: Mother Hydra and Father Dagon. Also, I'll randomly pick our investigators.

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:59 pm
by Mr. Handy
Sounds good to me. I wouldn't mind playing with one of the Heralds for the extra challenge, but I wouldn't want to play with both of them.

Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:43 am
by Mr. Handy
Carolyn doesn't have an encounter in the street, so you can go ahead and finish up the turn.

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:03 am
by DSIGFUSS
CRAP IN A HANDBAG!

Hey Tabs,

Let me know when this game is finished so I can join the next one. That's what happen when I take a 2 month unscheduled holiday from games eh? You miss the freaking boat.

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:23 am
by Mr. Handy
We're almost done this one. We're in the final battle with Yig, and he's 3/4 dead. I think we'll wrap it up by Monday at the latest.

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:05 am
by Tabs
DSIGFUSS wrote:CRAP IN A HANDBAG!

Hey Tabs,

Let me know when this game is finished so I can join the next one. That's what happen when I take a 2 month unscheduled holiday from games eh? You miss the freaking boat.
This current game has been so much fun that although I said 3 players is enough (Tabs, Mr. Handy & Misfit), you're welcome to play, DSIGFUSS--actually I miss your interesting posts!

Like Mr. Handy said, we should be finished on Monday.

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:22 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Nice! Shoot me a pm. What's the next game you are playing?

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:44 am
by Mr. Handy
We're planning to play Arkham+Innsmouth next game.

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:32 pm
by Mr. Handy
Woohoo! We did it!

Our final score is: 10 (Yig) - 1 (Terror Level) + 3 (unspent Gate trophies) + 1 (unspent Monster trophies) + 2 (sane, surviving Investigators) = 15 points.

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:48 am
by DSIGFUSS
Good Going guys. After the game is said and done, was Yig easy? Sounds like you destroyed the crap out of him. What was the score in the last game were I played Jenny.

Where can I find a list of Innsmouth characters so I can pick one and work out my evil sub plot :evil: .

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:10 am
by Mr. Handy
Actually, Tabs will pick random characters for each of us out of the 32 characters in the base game and the Innsmouth expansion. We'll also have the Personal Story cards.

Yig was easy (he often is), but we were very lucky. I failed to get a Blessing before the battle due to a stroke of bad luck, but I managed to get my Curse lifted at the start of the second round and Darrell got a lot of 6s. That and the Tommy Gun I started with were the key to winning.

The OOC thread for the Dunwich game we had got deleted, and that contained the final score, so I'm not sure what it was. You can use the various info threads in that game and the rules to figure out what it should be, but otherwise it's gone (unless the IC thread mentions it).

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:05 am
by DSIGFUSS
thanks Handy.

Look forward to the draw then.

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:37 am
by Tabs
Mr. Handy wrote:Woohoo! We did it!

Our final score is: 10 (Yig) - 1 (Terror Level) + 3 (unspent Gate trophies) + 1 (unspent Monster trophies) + 2 (sane, surviving Investigators) = 15 points.
That's a good score!
Who knows when another threat will arise?"
Well, next weekend actually ;) .

Mr. Handy, Misfit & DSIGFUSS, this week I'll randomly draw our investigators, prepare the decks, etc. As Mr. Handy said, we'll play with the components from the two boxes, Arkham + Innsmouth. Since there is now four of us we'll play with a Herald as well.

Mr. Handy, can you set up a Child Board for the Lurker?

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:49 pm
by Mr. Handy
It's all set up. You can now move the old threads to the Episode 3 subforum and then create new threads here.

You might want to check with Misfit that he's still in. He hasn't been posting very regularly,

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:02 am
by DSIGFUSS
Well if you need a fouth I think I know someone who was dying to play the first time we did this.

Nice with the Herald... I am looking forward to see how that dynamic works. Which Herald are we using? Or is it dependent on which cosmic dood we're fighting? I own Innsmouth but have never played it. I got it for Christmas and barely cracked the box.

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:22 am
by Mr. Handy
Innsmouth is all kinds of awesome! 8-) There are two Heralds to choose from that come with Innsmouth: Father Dagon and Mother Hydra. Both of them make things tougher. It's even possible to play with both of them at once, but we're not that crazy. I always choose one of them at random when I play. The choice of Herald is independent of the Ancient One, though they often help specific Ancient Ones more than others. Both Dagon and Hydra beef up Cthulhu even more than the others.

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:23 pm
by Tabs