End Game

Modern-day exploration of the quiet Cumbrian village of Glendale to investigate the reportings of ghosts and fairy folk.

Moderator: ImpInTraining

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

End Game

Post by ImpInTraining »

The conversation and assistance in Glendale with all the fires didn't really garner any new information. Time had been wasted, and things were more chaotic than ever. Ghosts, fairies, goblins, and any manner of fantasy creature seemed to be showing up here and there, vanishing moments later. Why, one person even claimed to have seen a dragon.

In attempt to set things right, the party made their way back to the Tennison's Farm, the area beyond the Cranborne House ... the stone circle that had, at one time, had some etchings that had since been chipped off. The consensus was that these stones were related, somehow. If only the group could figure out what to do...

George Tennison was still stirring within his house. He was currently unaware that the group had managed to make their way across his property to the stone circle (and in a remarkably short time too - compared to the last time).
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: End Game

Post by Mr. Handy »

Laurence in Samantha's body examines the defaced etchings on the stones and asks Samantha in his own body for the rubbings he had taken of them. "I wonder if that symbol I saw in my vision is what used to be on them?" he says. "Perhaps we need to etch it in again."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

A little red-haired man in green clothes and smoking a long pipe appeared quite abruptly, sitting on the stones. "Oi, I wouldn't be doin' that me laddy. Such pretty stones should be a left to their nature, don't ya know?."
ooc,Yeah... he's speaking with a thick Irish accent, even though I'm probably slaughtering it.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Was it you who erased the etchings, then?" asks Laurence in Samantha's body. After everything he's seen in Glendale, a leprechaun isn't much of a surprise to him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

Samantha in Laurence's body rummages in her/his pockets and gives the rubbings to Laurence.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

The leprechaun laughed, "Ah, no laddy. But 'twas part of how I'm here right now! If ye want to know more about who was messin' with the stones, I suggest ye talk to the one so interested in seein' fairy folk."

And with that said, he disappeared in a blink of an eye.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That young student we met earlier," says Laurence in Samantha's body, "Andrew Porter, we need to find him. Maybe we can find him in the woods near where we saw him last time. I think we're definitely on the right track."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Good idea," says Samantha in Laurence's body. "Let's go, quickly. Hopefully he is still there. We need to sort this out as soon as possible, before any more damage is done."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

In short time, the group finds their way to the clearing where the student was working, laying in wait for any fantastic signs or visions. He was gone, however... cleared out and took his stuff with him. Only thing that remained were empty beer bottles. It wasn't surprising, since he wanted to take some fantastic pictures, and there was quite a fantastic storm that just pushed through. No doubt he had went to photograph some of the lightning strikes, and perhaps got side-tracked by the increasing number of goblins, imps, ghosts, fairies, and other oddities.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Laurence in Samantha's body looks around the campsite for any tracks. "Well, I can't tell which way he went from here," he says.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Samantha in Laurence's body sees Laurence looking around the campsite for tracks, and looks for tracks too, but totally fails to find anything. "Ugghh!" she exclaims, and throws her hands up in despair.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

The situation hasn't changed. There is a portal that needs to be closed. You all tried to close it, but did something wrong in the progress which scrambled your brains about. Perhaps doing the ritual right will set things straight. The only real question is what was wrong about it?

(I can think of two things...)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"When we carried out the ritaul," says Laurence in Samantha's body, "I believe we performed the chant in English. Perhaps we need to do it in the original Latin as written on the paper." He reviews Martin's instructions for any other discrepancies.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Are there any clues in Martin's notes to where it should have been performed?" asks Samantha in Laurence's body. "I'm just wondering if we performed it in the wrong place as well. My visions afterwards were clearly showing the ring of stones, and I wonder if that was significant."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, I have it here," says Laurence in Samantha's body. "I was thinking maybe the location was wrong too, but until you said that I couldn't imagine where the correct location was. He wrote: 'Five must gather when sunlight is no longer seen directly gather together in a place guaranteeing privacy and away from interference of ignorant fools.' He also mentioned that we have to sit around a table, and that's what threw me. I wasn't even thinking of doing it outdoors, as there's also no privacy there. That symbol I saw looked somewhat like a five-pointed star. I think we need to draw it like that."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Nicholas was still more than a little strange, and itchy. He didn't like his clothes, that much was certain.

Meanwhile, the rest of you realize that Martin did a frenzied preparation of the steps for the ritual. It was possible he didn't get everything he needed, or maybe made a mistake. He was just a little preoccupied with the dying thing.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Well where sunlight is no longer seen could be anywhere at night," says Samantha, musing the options. "The table thing is an issue, as is privacy, but maybe Martin was confused, or wrong about that. Do you think it might work if we tried at the circle? And where would be draw the star?"
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Petronella in Paul's body looks flustered. "Maybe. I have no idea. Was there a table at the stone ring? But it wasn't really a circle, more like a spear head." She tries to draw the positions of the ten stones on the ground and draw a star between the points.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We also need to make sure we have enough candles," says Laurence in Samantha's body. "We need a total of six, one for each point of the star and one in the middle, and they must all be lit. It says that we must all hold hands, and that the leader draws the star. I think it must be drawn on the table, exactly as I saw it in my vision. Maybe if we brought a table out here..."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc: Please advise... what are we doing next? And are there any questions you need me to answer or any details you need me to clarify?

Return to “The Glendale Spirits”