Aftermath

Modern-day exploration of the quiet Cumbrian village of Glendale to investigate the reportings of ghosts and fairy folk.

Moderator: ImpInTraining

Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: Aftermath

Post by Anatomist »

Mr. Handy wrote:"I can't help but feel responsible," says Laurence in Samantha's body once the locals are out of earshot. "Let's see what we can do to help the fire brigade."
Paul in Petronellas body:

'Well i think we are responsible Laurence' 'right behind you boss'
~Bony End of Story~
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I think it's unlikely to be a coincidence," says Laurence in Samantha's body as he heads with the others to help. "There was no way we could have known this would happen, but still..."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Petronella in Paul's body wanders stunned through the streets, looking around. After a little while, she/he starts running to fetch water to help douse the fires.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Before anyone gets very far, the constable across the street and his partner has come across to question the group. Fire engines, ambulances, and more police cars scream through the area, sirens blaring.

Looking at the officers, one is a man with graying hair, a thick mustache (also gray), a bit thick around the belly, and apparently of some years of experience if the insignia on his uniform is any indicator. The other is a female, brown hair pulled back in a bun and tucked under her hat. She is younger, mid 20's, and a bit timid. She seems to me more wet behind the ears. The police office is a superintendent and he is wearing a very stern expression on his face. His enlarged belly hints at too much time sat behind a desk. Conversely his companion has a slim athletic build and seems overwhelmed by the situation.

"You there... I need to ask you all a few questions. It shouldn't take much time," said the older constable. He had the name tag "Woodhouse" on his left chest pocket. His partner's name tag said "Appleton". Woodhouse has already pulled out a notepad and pen and is starting with his barrage of questions. "Can I please take all of your names and home addresses?"

Paul (in Pet's body) is a bit distracted by these awkward lumps on his chest. He's a gentleman about it, all-in-all... but he never realized how uncomfortable they were... and his bra was cutting into his shoulder. The longer he is like this, the more miserable he finds himself. Perhaps if he took the bra off, he would be more comfortable - and it would have the added benefit of drawing more attention his way.

Pet (in Paul's body) can't help but notice a group of what could only be fairies flying in a squadron from down one alley and into another quicker than she could manage to draw anyone's attention to it.

Nicholas notices a strange, transparent figure leaping from rooftop to rooftop... and he thinks it looks fun.

Lawrence (in Samantha's body) has his attention fully on the officers.

Samantha (in Lawrence's body) could swear she saw some sort of horned creature roaming through the fires in the upper floor of the building just down the road. She's sure that Satan had something to do with this destruction.
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

"There!" Petronella in Paul's body shouts, pointing, then starts running after the faeries.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Of course, Superintendent," says Laurence in Samantha's body. "I am Samantha Hollis, and this is my husband Nicholas." He points him out, then fishes through Samantha's purse for a driver's license or some other form of identification. His plan is to pull it out and surreptitiously see the address on it in the process, then offer to show it to the constables in case they want to see it (which they probably won't), and finally to give her and Nicholas's address.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Paul stands behind Laurence and search herself for identification papers. Damn bra! he mutters to himself
~Bony End of Story~
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

Samantha in Laurence's body stands beside Paul in Petronella's body, and tries to discreetly look for identification as well, starting with reaching her hands into Laurence's trouser pockets. If all else fails she will give his name, but hopes to find more precise information to supply if needed, such as an address and some form of ID.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Andrew »

"Ooo!" Nicholas said pointing to the figure and then darted off after it.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Hey!" Superintendent Woodhouse exclaims as both Nicholas and Pet in Paul's body rush off in different directions. He said to his partner, "Don't just stand there, after them!"

Constable Appleton looked first at Nicholas, then the running form of Paul, and decided she'd be more apt to catch Paul... so she ran after the older gentleman.

"I don't know where they think they are, but around here we tend to respect our law enforcement!" Looking back at the remaining others, the superintendent gathered their information and then asked "Now then... what were you doing when the storm hit?"

--------------

Pet (in Paul's body) continued to chase the spritely fairies, oblivious to the fact that there was a constable giving chase at first. Perhaps it was the rookie's squeaky, high-pitched voice that simply didn't demand attention, or just the fact that Pet was wrapped up in a chase of her own. But for whatever reason, it wasn't until the third time Appleton called out, "Halt! In the name of the law!" that Pet actually heard the directive. She(he) turned around to see a determined, young female constable bearing down on her (him). As she closes distance, the constable doesn't appear to be slowing down any.

--------------

Nicholas continued to follow the ghostly spirits leaping from housetop to housetop, fascinated with their agility. His shoes were so uncomfortable and confining... he felt certain he could run better without them.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

As he ran, Nicholas discarded his shoes and remain clothes. They were still itchy and uncomfortable and he could move so much easier without them on anyway. He had a sense of freedom being in the form's natural state, running after the ghostly figures.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm sorry," says Laurence in Samantha's body. "They're not themselves. They had a bit too much to drink down at the Goat earlier, and they had even more later after Martin Richardson died. We were visiting him when it happened. The five of us remained gathered at his house mourning his passing, and we were together there when the storm started."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Yes, we were all very distressed when Martin died," adds Samantha in Laurence's body. "It was so sudden, and shocking."
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Pet in paul's body turns to look at the police constable, and when it appears she won't stop, the older gentleman takes a step to the side, not to be bowled over. "Yes? I'm halted. Was I speeding?" He/she chuckles a little, then grows serious again as the reality of burning houses and screaming people comes through. "Sorry, officer. What can I do for you?"
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

"Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Screams Nicholas as he darts around butt naked, his genitals flapping in the breeze.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Mr. Handy wrote:"I'm sorry," says Laurence in Samantha's body. "They're not themselves. They had a bit too much to drink down at the Goat earlier, and they had even more later after Martin Richardson died. We were visiting him when it happened. The five of us remained gathered at his house mourning his passing, and we were together there when the storm started."
'As he is saying sir' 'they are quite not themselves' 'i think we, as in Lau...i mean Samantha and I can help them if we can get them to calm down' 'and take them to a know space for them as their rooms or alike'
~Bony End of Story~
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Superintendent Woodhouse shook his head, "You'll have the opportunity after you answer just a few more questions." He was writing down notes as they went on. "If I might be so inquisitive... how did you react when the storm hit?"

-----------

To Paul, Constable Appleton recites from memory some obscure reference to the law regarding fleeing from the police. "We have some questions that we need to ask you. Please return to the others and I will give chase to your..." she glanced Nicholas' way who had just stripped off his last article of clothing. "... naked friend." She ran off in that direction.

-----------

Nicholas has lost sighting of the strange ghostly figures, and is quickly finding himself surrounded by houses that were burning brightly. He finds it all very exhilaration.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"At first I was startled and confused," says Laurence in Samantha's body. "I mean, the weather didn't exactly indicate it was coming. I looked out the window and saw the buildings on fire, so I gathered the others to come outside to help."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Yes," agrees Samantha in Laurence's body. "We weren't sure what was happening, so came out to see better. And then to help if we could."
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

'Terrible what has happend terrible' 'where did that storm came from?'
~Bony End of Story~

Return to “The Glendale Spirits”