Aftermath

Modern-day exploration of the quiet Cumbrian village of Glendale to investigate the reportings of ghosts and fairy folk.

Moderator: ImpInTraining

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Aftermath

Post by ImpInTraining »

OOC - Read me first,I have sent each of you a vision that you had after the ritual. Please read that before reading your private spoiler messages here. And please... read only YOUR spoiler message below.[i] Geez, I hope this works.[/i]
Someone manages to find their way through the darkened room to where the light switch hangs by the closed door and flips on the light. Perhaps it would have been better to leave the lights off.
Petronella,You open your eyes and see an elf sitting before you cross-legged; your "imaginary" childhood companion. He has a misleadingly innocent smile upon his rosy-cheeked face! "Did you really think that I had forgotten about you? All of those carefree hours that we spent singing, dancing and playing at the bottom of the garden! That sort of thing stays with the 'Little People' you know!" He giggles at you mischievously. "Do not think by changing bodies that you can hide from me young woman – well actually it is young man now isn't?" You stare at the little man feeling somewhat confused. You stiffly pick yourself up when you realise that something is not right, something is definitely wrong! For starters you can clearly see someone who is your exact double, not only that but she is wearing your clothes! Looking down at yourself you see that you now seem to be in residence in what looks suspiciously like a male body! A pot-bellied male body wearing Paul Chaplin's clothes. If that were not bad enough, your face is covered in… in - yes it is fresh and rather pungent cow dung. Oh yuck! You are suddenly come over with panic and you lose control of your (Paul's?) bladder. The elf jumps up onto your shoulder, he says to you in a very serious tone, "Now I do believe that you did not want to do that!" Your hands are shaking with panic. Tears fill your eyes. You want to run away, but to where? OOC - Oh and please feel free to become hysterical!
Lawrence,You feel terrible, in fact you cannot recall ever feeling worse. Actually, come to think of it, a few of those student hangovers… Your long blond hair has come untangled; you brush it aside with some annoyance. There is a strap digging into your left breast. This is most uncomfortable, it feels like a… Stop! Wait! What is going on? Long blond hair? Why am I wearing Samantha's dress? The penny drops and hard realisation suddenly hits home. It is not Samantha's dress that you are wearing but her body… Paul Chaplin, for some unknown reason has dung plastered all over his face. Where the Hell did that come from? OOC - You now feel the obsessive compulsion to tidy up, to straighten things out etc.
Samantha,Now you knew, positively knew that Nicholas' interest in the occult was not healthy! Okay, so you do not understand this ritual nonsense, but, really, is it necessary to feel this… this bad? Good Lord, Paul Chaplin has got dung on his face; how did that happen? Oh my God! Your hair has turned grey and half of it has fallen out… and these joints, they feel like they could do with a good oiling. Hang on a second, I seem to be in the wrong place. No wait, there I am, over there. Look at the state of my hair! Phew, that's a… re… lief… Bloody Hell!!! I… I… I'm the pr-pr-profess-ssor! OOC - The mind transfer into the professor's body has hit you very hard. You were proud of your good looks, your long well kept hair and of your health & fitness. This is all gone now! You are very resentful of young women, especially Prof. Hickman who is now in your body enjoying your youth while you have to put up with his creaky, worn out and aged near-corpse! In order to try to come to terms with your current situation, you remember your Catholic upbringing. You are now much more religious and look to God in the hope that He can reverse what has happened to you…
Paul,You wake up feeling very giddy. There is an unsettling feeling of nausea in your stomach. Everything around you is a complete blur. You rub your eyes to clear them, but to no avail. The nausea rises by about six inches. Slowly your eyes clear, you can see the blurry shapes of your five companions. They do not seem to be any better shape than you are! The giddiness is clearing and you are starting to feel better. Your head is clearing, your blurred vision is gradually focussing and the nausea is subsiding. An uncomfortable feeling comes over you – you feel… er… strange. Your body, it seems to be, well, larger; it is almost as if you have put on weight. Your hair is wrong, its texture is different and it is too long and the dress that you are wearing feels very strange. Dress? Dress? DRESS? A sudden rush of adrenaline helps to clear your senses further. Your heart is pounding, you can hear the blood rushing through your ears. Your whole body is shaking… …or rather it is Petronella's body that is shaking! You can quite clearly see yourself, correction, your body, your body with a dung-covered face, and you ain't in it… You need help! OOC - Do something to attract the other's attention. Whatever you do, do not let them forget that you are here! I may tell you that you are feeling ignored. If this should occur, you should take steps to get everyone's attention.
Nicholas,You do not know what were you expecting, or remember why you were expecting something, but you do not think it was this... There are five others of your… er… species that you do not recognise. Your body feels very strange, very uncomfortable and very awkward. No, no this is not right – where, when, what on Earth am I? You find that your hands are very difficult to control. Getting the thumbs to work with the fingers is very hard (something like an amateur struggling with chopsticks after several pints of lager…) Your clothes are very itchy and irritating. This is so uncomfortable! How do these humans put up with this? What happened here, what are these five others and why has that fat one got brown smelly stuff on his face that is making me feel ill? Why does my head hurt so much? Is there something inside of it trying to get out? Should I try to break it open? OOC - You suffer a –10% penalty to all physical skill checks and –1 penalty to your DEX while you continue to be clothed due to the itching and irritation.
A crucifix hangs on the wall, maybe mocking the ritual practitioners.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: Aftermath

Post by Anatomist »

Paul gasps in the moment he realizes what just happen 'Petronella im in your body! Its me Paul!' 'God almighty what happen to us?!' Paul mind rushes trough his events 'we.. we... opened a gate and without the key' 'an elf told me when i was lying down paralyzed with my face in dung, well my body, me, oh God' 'We have opened the gate and it might get out!' 'the elf told me' 'we have to close the gate again and with the key that is hidden somewhere'

'Hey you in my body Pauls body' 'who is inside'
Last edited by Anatomist on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Bony End of Story~
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"What just happened?" gasps Laurence. "I'm me, I mean I'm Samantha, but I'm in Laurence's body. What about the rest of you? Did you see something weird too? I saw, well I'm not sure ... it seemed like a leprechaun, telling me to shut the gate." Then he/she spots the crucifix, gasps, and says "Oh we should never have dabbled in this ..."
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Paul screams, raising his fingers to his face and wiping it furiously! "What happened?!! This isn't me!! I'm Petronella!" He points a finger towards the form of Petronella across the room, waving it hysterically. "Did you do this?!!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I was unable to see any symbol in my PM.
Samantha looks around, confused. "Good heavens!" she says to Laurence. "I'm Laurence. We seem to have swapped bodies. I had this strange vision of floating in space and seeing the stars as they progressed through the ages, and then I got pulled into a black hole." She looks over at Paul's body. "First thing we're doing is getting you cleaned off! Come along to the bathroom."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Mr. Handy,Probably because I didn't post one... sorry. You know what it is though, OOCly anyway. Looked a lot like this: [img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RNrl2Gr0VwI/SW2XdXP1FrI/AAAAAAAAAjc/Y_liZtHCf_o/s400/elder+sign.jpg[/img]
The drapes seem to have shadows dancing on them, and now that the initial shock has nearly ran its course, you seem to notice people outside speaking loudly - although it is impossible to hear what they are saying through all the excitement and being behind closed windows and drapes.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Andrew »

"Nicholas" looks at his hands for a moment, a look of utter confusion on his face. He then begins to scratch like crazy all over, finally tearing off his shirt and then began to remove his socks and shoes.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,I think the mental shuffle has made all of you hesitant into doing anything else. Still waiting for actions that demand my attention.
Lawrence (in Samantha's body), takes Petronella (in Paul's body) to the bathroom to help her (him) clean up. They grab a pair of Martin's pants on the way, sure that they will fit... if a little tightly.

Everyone else seems still in shock and sit around the table, slack-jawed and wondering how in the world to reverse what just happened.

Meanwhile, outside, there seems to be a growing commotion behind the drawn shades as shadows frantically continue to dance from the flickering light cast about in the village.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

OOC Question for Keeper,Does Nicholas look like Nicholas? In other words if I look around the room do I see my husband?
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Nicholas keeps removing his clothing until he is butt naked, rubbing his skin and speaking in a different language.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

When "Samantha" returns, she moves over to the window and peeks out past the drapes.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

OOC TO ALL,Can we agree on a standard to how we refer to us self? Its gonna be ahrd to follow who is saying what if not. I propose we all start the post with: PC in Pc's body in bold. As in my case [b]Paul in Petronellas body:[/b] (text)

Paul in Petronellas body:

Paul looks around for a mirror to take a look at Petronellas body to se if she has any injury and deal with it if so. He will approach Petronella in his boy as soon as he can 'Petronela, what happend to you, tell me what you saw it might be of importance...' what is that noise outside?
Paul will take a look outside as soon he finishes talking to Petronella.
~Bony End of Story~
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Petronella in Paul's body looks confused at herself, then tries to remember. "I saw....the little imp or elf from when I was young. The one the doctor said wasn't really there, even though I used to play with him...He was here..." He/She looks out the window as well, alarmed at the noise.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Moving the drapes aside you see that several buildings within the village are on fire, not all in the same place... they are scattered about. People are rushing to help others or put the fires out as they can.

Nicholas is still in the room, just butt-nekkid and speaking in a language no one understands.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Samantha in Laurence's body looks at Nicholas with concern. "What's wrong with him?" she asks the others. "Why can't he speak? Why is he so scratchy?"
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

After the clothes were off, he stopped scratching, a look of slight pleasure came across his features. He looked down at his body and gave a quizzical look at the strange thing between his legs and sort of batted at it. Feeling a unpleasantness in his stomach from that, he decided that wasn't a good idea and would not do that again. He then looked at the others, mostly at the man that must be talking about him since he was scratching. "I... iz can spek."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Do you know who you are?" asks Samantha in Laurence's body gently. She desperately wants to cover up Nicholas, but doubts he would go along with that.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,as a result of swapping bodies, there will be certain attribute changes on your character sheets... which I have yet to do (sorry). Heck, Nicholas has a whole new unfamiliar character sheet come to think of it. I suppose I ought to do that soon.
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

"There's a fire! Several, in fact.." Petronella in Paul's body exclaims before turning to look at Nicholas' body. "Oh my..."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Samantha in Laurence's body sees Paul/Petronella's remark, and finally reacts. She takes off Laurence's jacket [I am assuming he is wearing one over any shirt/jumper, as a typical British academic would] and approaches Nicholas gently, trying to cover his private parts, and saying "Please, cover yourself up just a little. Please. For me."

Return to “The Glendale Spirits”