Aftermath

Modern-day exploration of the quiet Cumbrian village of Glendale to investigate the reportings of ghosts and fairy folk.

Moderator: ImpInTraining

yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: Aftermath

Post by yockenthwaite »

Looking anxiously towards Nicholas curled on the sofa Samantha in Lawrence's body says to the others "So now what? What should we do? How can this be fixed?" She sits down on one of the chairs, trying hard not to cry.
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Petronella in Paul's body sighs. "Well, I'm gonna take a bath. and wash these clothes." She/he heads for the bathroom.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Capital idea," says Laurence in Samantha's body before turning to Samantha in his own. "Like I said before, we need to perform the ritual correctly in order to set things right. We were missing a key component, something bearing the symbol I showed you before." He again displays the piece of paper on which he drew the symbol.

"Now, Martin must have had some idea about this and must have prepared for it. We must search this house top to bottom and find either the sigil or some indication of its location."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Anatomist »

Paul in Petronellas body:

'Ill start searching as good i can and taking my time. Ill go trough all bookshelves, computers and alike.'
Paul Looks for a basement to start from bottom to top on the house.

All rolls failing
~Bony End of Story~
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Thanks Laurence," smiles Samantha in Laurence's body. "A plan. Good. Ok I'll start with his bedroom. I think he might have kept it there." She heads off to search there, determined to look as thoroughly as Paul plans to.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You're quite welcome," says Laurence in Samantha's body. "I shall start in the study." He heads off to the study and begins his search.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Andrew »

Nicholas just sort of slightly trembles curled up on the couch.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

While outside, the group did manage to overhear some conversations going on by the locals.
ooc,Don't know if I already mentioned this part... but just incase...
"It was… it was incredible! The clouds just rolled over the sky and a North wind blew up. The lightening came down from the sky and hit the village – again and again. God preserve us - I… I have never seen anything like it."

"I would not have believed it possible! It is, was like something off one of these Amazing Stories programmes on the telly. It will take more than bunch elves and pixies to fix this mess!"

"At least three people are dead, and Lord knows how many people are hurt. The village Doctor, poor fellow, does not know what to do! All he has done for nigh on twenty years is prescribe lemsip and aspirin…"

Finally, they made their way back inside Martin's house and started looking for notes, anything that might help them make right what had gone so horribly wrong. Near as the group can figure out, everything should have gone according to plan. The only thing that could have knocked the ritual astray would be outside interference. Whatever spell someone had cast that started all of the strange ghost and fairy sightings must have been very powerful, and very unstable.

Nothing more of help is found within Martin's notes, library or anywhere else in the house.
ooc,There are several choices available to you, and you have all the information within the course of the game to determine with some good guesswork what has gone wrong. It's up to you now.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Right everyone," says Samantha in Laurence's body. "Think hard. Is there anything that we've overlooked? The leprechaun in my vision told me to go to the Goat, and drink Guinness, and tell Bill Tarmey that Shamus sent me. But I don't know if that's relevant now, or if it was just, well to put it bluntly, blarney." She looks around at the others of the group, hoping for more ideas.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Before the others can speak Samantha continues: "And did any of you see a ring of ten stones in your visions after we performed the ritual? I did. I was standing in one when the leprechaun appeared. Could that be significant? It seemed awfully like the ring near George Tennison's house. Actually thinking about it he seemed incredibly reluctant for us to see the ring. I wonder why?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I saw nothing like that," says Laurence in Samantha's body. "We each must have had a different vision. I've already described mine, with the stars and that symbol. What did everyone else see? The ring of stones, and their defacement, may indeed be significant. Perhaps it is necessary to restore them to their former condition, but I don't know. I think we should go to the Goat first and do what the leprechaun said. We've got nothing to lose, and you can't go wrong with Guinness. And perhaps Bill Tarmey does know something. He is a ghost, so he has some connection to whatever's going on."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Petronella in Paul's body returns from the bathroom after cleaning up again. "I didn't see anything useful in my vision. Just a pixie I thought long gone. And a couple of gnomes and a fairy waving her tiny wand at me..."
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Anatomist »

Paul in Petronellas body:

'I was told we were using the gateway without a key' ' whatever that means'
~Bony End of Story~
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Ok the Goat then?" says Samantha in Laurence's body. "Should we bring Nicholas, do you think, or leave him here while we explore?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It might be best to leave him here," says Laurence in Samantha's body, "but not by himself. Someone needs to stay with him to make sure he stays out of trouble, so we wouldn't all be able to go. The missing key might involve that symbol I drew, or the ring of stones, or even both. Going back to the Goat seems like the only concrete course of action we can derive from the visions we had, at least for now. Maybe a chat with Bill Tarmey will open up other options."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

A short trip later, those who do travel to The Goat find it engulfed in flames. Several of the regular patrons are standing outside of it singing sad bar tunes, arm-in-arm, watching it burn away to nothing.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Oh, blast," says Laurence in Samantha's body. "I do hope nobody was inside. I wonder if they managed to save any of the Guinness?" He looks around for the bartender.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

The bartender is helping with the bucket brigade on a nearby residence.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Let's go help out," says Laurence in Samantha's body to Samantha in his own, pointing out where the bartender is. "We can talk to him while we fight the fire." He heads over to join the bucket brigade.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Good idea," says Samantha in Laurence's body, following Laurence as she says so.

Return to “The Glendale Spirits”