Aftermath

Modern-day exploration of the quiet Cumbrian village of Glendale to investigate the reportings of ghosts and fairy folk.

Moderator: ImpInTraining

yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: Aftermath

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Yes, please don't hurt him," cries Samantha in Laurence's body, trying to hide her distress at her husband's state. "If we take him home I'm sure he will be fine. I think he's just severely traumatised."
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Andrew »

"Le do thoil! Ná Gortaítear dom le do arm dubh! Tá mé leithscéal a bhí ag rith mé timpeall. Chonaic mé biotáille agus díreach ag iarraidh a imirt. Ná Gortaítear orm arís, beidh mé go maith geallaim." Nicholas whimpered his voice filled with the sound of panic.
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Petronella in Paul's body also quickly moves to aid Nicholas, or whoever inhabited his body at the moment.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Samantha in Laurence's body recognises the words as something like Gaelic, and wonders what is happening. She reaches out towards her husband, to steady him.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I recently read [u]V for Vendetta[/u], and the scene of [b]Nicholas[/b] running around naked reminds me of Finch's "trip."
"Oh, Nicholas!" cries Laurence in Samantha's body, trying to appear more distressed as he faces Appleton. "Please, Constable, my husband is harmless. He's just had too much to drink. Our friend Martin Richardson passed earlier this evening, and he's been really distraught and tried to find comfort in a bottle. And then the storm hit, and that didn't help any." He feels as though he's starting to get through to the policewoman, but not entirely.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

OOC - trying Fast Talk and Persuade Rolls (oh dear),[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3257898/]Trying to persuade policewoman to free Nicholas - Fast Talk (stat 40%), Persuade (stat 35%) (1d100=96, 1d100=98)[/url] Sorry :lol:
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

yockenthwaite wrote:Samantha in Laurence's body recognises the words as something like Gaelic, and wonders what is happening.
Spoiler:
OOC: Wow... I did pick Gaelic as the language in Google translate. That's pretty impressive. Although I suppose I really don't know how much its used in Scotland.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

OOC,I was probably being a bit cheating there, but I recognised it as Gaelic, and figured Samantha had a fair chance of it too. It's quite prominent in Scottish culture, often on the TV, and there are Gaelic columns in newspapers.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Spoiler:
OOC: That's pretty cool but picking Gaelic was just a random language and has nothing to do with who or where the new Nicholas is from. With the risk of sounding insulting (trust me I'm not) but I picked Gaelic because it is a very foreign language. Especially to ignorant Americans. ;)
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

(Except we're in England, where Gaelic would be pretty well known. All the street signs in Ireland are both in English and Gaelic, for instance :) )
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Spoiler:
Yeah well... In game its an alien language now. Google translate didn't have Klingon. :P
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

ooc:,Ive been laughing the last posts. :D
~Bony End of Story~
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Andrew,Gimme a luck check if you please...
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Spoiler:
Luck is 35 and I rolled a 23.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Just when the group thought for certain Nicholas would be spending the night in the slammer, a woman ran up to the constable and said, "My baby, I can't find my baby! Please help me!"

Constable Appleton nodded once to the woman, then faced the others, "This man should be going to lock-up, but I'm relinquishing him to your care. See that he finds his way somewhere where he won't cause any harm to himself or others... and for God's sake, get him some psychological help!"

She headed off at a jog with the woman next to her, "Where did you see your baby last..." The conversation fades off as they get further away.

Standing in a village, several houses burning wildly, people panicking all around, and the investigators can't help but wonder if this was their fault... some half-thought-out scheme to set things straight gone awry, and now things were even worse with the lines between this reality and the next almost non-existent. Something must be done, and quickly.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, Constable," says Laurence in Samantha's body. He takes Nicholas's hand. "Come along, Nicholas. Let's get you back inside."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Nicholas was whimpering as he got up. He was no longer smiling and looked terrified at the back of the constable.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

Paul in Petronellas body:

'Ill start searching as good i can and taking my time. Ill go trough all bookshelves, computers and alike.'
Paul Looks for a basement to start from bottom to top on the house.

All rolls failing
Last edited by Anatomist on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Bony End of Story~
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

In short order, the group found themselves back inside the relative comfort of Martin's home. Luckily, it was not one of the buildings that had caught fire during the freak storm.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Nicholas, still naked, curled up onto a sofa and shut his eyes tight, his arms wrapped around himself and his legs pulled into a fetal position.

Return to “The Glendale Spirits”