Tacky Death Scene

Modern-day exploration of the quiet Cumbrian village of Glendale to investigate the reportings of ghosts and fairy folk.

Moderator: ImpInTraining

Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Re: Tacky Death Scene

Post by Thorn »

Pet crushes out her cig and follows inside.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

The house doors all have locks, as do the windows... only the bathroom door inside has a separate lock. However, if a more secure setting is desired, a bed can be moved out of one of the bedrooms, and the dining room table moved into there, then the door can be blocked by an extra chair.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Let's move the table to a bedroom," suggests Laurence. "We need to perform the ritual in as secure a location as possible."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

Paul helps Laurence with the furniture
~Bony End of Story~
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

With everyone working together, they manage to get Martin's bed out of his room, and the table moved in - the pentagram drawn in place... and all the candles placed accordingly. The front and back doors to the house are locked, the bedroom door is shut, and an extra chair wedged up underneath the door knob to secure it better. Shades are drawn to offer as much privacy as possible.

Everything is ready for the ritual.

OOC: If there are no objections voiced by tomorrow, I will assume you all proceed with the ritual according to plan.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,That's fine with me, as long as it's the right time of day. [b]Martin[/b]'s notes said it had to when sunlight is no longer seen directly, and I don't remember what time it is in the game.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

OOC,It's fine with me too. I'm not playing Samantha as such a fervent Catholic any more (as she should be, per the original character description in the game) - sorry, but I wanted an easier time of things, and not to be roleplaying arguing all the time! So she is, somewhat reluctantly, as noted already, going along with this.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

yockenthwaite,That's fine. I recognized that a long time ago and have no problems preferring a peaceful coexistence in a game to inter-party squabble. It wasn't I who gave everyone their personalities originally, but the author of the module. I saw them as suggestions. But soon it will be very important that you observe your characters religious upbringing. I hope you're up for that.
The sun is setting by the time you have everything in place. The house is secured, and Martin's sister is still at the hospital - no doubt soaking it up for all its worth in effort to get closer to the handsome doctors.

The ritual begins. Everyone places their hands on the table on either side of the candles in front of them, touching their neighbor's hands. Lawrence says the passage first, all the way through...
"The All-and-One close the Gate
The Gate will be closed
The All-and-One hear our call
Time and space be healed

Hear us the All-and-One
Close the Gate lest creation be destroyed
Sottott the Keeper of the Gate
The Gate will be closed"
The temperature seems to have dropped considerably in the room. All outside light sources seem somewhat dimmer. Looking around, nothing else seems to happen, so Lawrence urges the others to say the passage as well.
"The All-and-One close the Gate
The Gate will be closed
The All-and-One hear our call
Time and space be healed"
The table lifts an inch off the ground suddenly, then drops just as suddenly. Flames on the candles jump up in unison as if fed by propane. Lawrence keeps his cool and urges the others to finish the passage over the sounds of rattling and moans all about the room.
"Hear us the All-and-One
Close the Gate lest creation be destroyed
Sottott the Keeper of the Gate
The Gate will be closed!"
The candles all go out, plunging the room into darkness.

... Some time later, everyone begins to regain consciousness finding themselves laying on the hard, wooden floor. The room is still dark, too dark to see.
Important OOC Note - read me before continuing,Everyone will be getting a private message from me very shortly. Please check for it and read it before responding. Make sure to let everyone know what they see about you when the lights come on and be very careful about what name you use.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

The story continues in Aftermath - please read your PM's first before continuing.

Return to “The Glendale Spirits”