Doctor, Doctor, Give me the News

Modern-day exploration of the quiet Cumbrian village of Glendale to investigate the reportings of ghosts and fairy folk.

Moderator: ImpInTraining

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Doctor, Doctor, Give me the News

Post by Mr. Handy »

Laurence merely nods, more than a little startled himself.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Andrew »

Not wanting to be the spoiler but Nicholas pointed out, "Of course it was the two that were the worst injured by the carriage that happened to just noticed these little people."
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Pet sighs. "Don't worry, Laurence. Not the first time I've had that reaction." She follows the doctor into his office.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Well I'd find it very hard to believe in such things," says Samantha, "but I trust Laurence's perceptions."
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Anatomist »

Paul had started noticing the hushing and whispering 'Sir, what going on?' he says to Laurence
~Bony End of Story~
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Miss Walters and I both saw a couple of...little people duck behind the receptionist's desk," Laurence whispers back to Paul.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Mr. Handy wrote:"Miss Walters and I both saw a couple of...little people duck behind the receptionist's desk," Laurence whispers back to Paul.

Paul stands up and tries to move towards the place Laurence is indicating with ease taking a better look. This must be some silly joke he thinks to himself craning his neck.
ooc gm,successful roll [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3141355/]Spot Hidden 35% (1d100=9)[/url] but its ofc up to you if you let Paul see anything
~Bony End of Story~
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

When Paul starts stepping to get a better look, the receptionist looks up. "Is there something I can help you with?"
Paul,Paul does see something fleeting, skitter right underneath the desk. He didn't get a very good look at what, but he did see streaks of green and white.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

ImpInTraining wrote:When Paul starts stepping to get a better look, the receptionist looks up. "Is there something I can help you with?"
Paul,Paul does see something fleeting, skitter right underneath the desk. He didn't get a very good look at what, but he did see streaks of green and white.

Paul studders trying to think fast and dont alarm the secretary 'just give me a second' 'my shoelace' 'just a second miss' he gets down on one knee to get a even better look under the desk. He signals to Laurence once on his kne towards under the desk.

Fast Talk 60% - Spot Hidden 35% (1d100=51, 1d100=71)
~Bony End of Story~
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

The receptionist didn't think much of Paul's antics, and went back to typing what she was working on.
Paul,When Paul looked under the desk, he saw nothing there.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Nicholas sighed and shook his head, he got up and stood in front of the receptionist's desk. "Two of my friends saw your little people run back here and my friend here in a very unsubtle way was trying to confirm that by getting a peek. Considering we're in your town trying to investigate things of the nature in which they saw, can we just see the two that ran back there? There's no denying it. Personally it was probably two kids. Little humans are small and fit the description of faeries or whatnot. We were at the old man's house...." Nicholas started to snap his fingers trying to recall the name, "George I believe. Then we were walking and got splattered by a ghost carriage and now little people."

Nicholas walked to the chair where his bag was at and more importantly the four photos he borrowed and laid the photos on the desk in a fan spread. "Like I said, we're investigators."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

The receptionist looked at Nicholas with an eyebrow raised, then over to the others and said, "Perhaps your friend here should go next. He appears to have sustained some serious head injury."
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

"Madness." Nicholas grabbed the pictures and went outside. He dug in his bag and pulled out a cigarette pack. Yeah he knew he told Samantha he quit, tried really hard to as well but it was dealing with the mentally challenged and liars that set him off. This whole thing was a wild goose chase and getting absolutely no help from these people only made things worse.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

As Nicholas left, the receptionist rolled her eyes saying, "Exactly what I was thinking."
ooc,Doctor's rolls coming tonight (provided I remember), then we can push on... so ya'll might start talking about your next destination.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Laurence plants his face in his palm at Nicholas's lack of subtlety.
OOC,I thought we decided we were going to the woods afterwards. I don't think that's changed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,I didn't think so either, just making sure.
The doctor tried, but was unable to do anything about Pet's injuries. He sent her back out and said, "Look honey, I think some bed rest would do you good. Here's some aspirin for the pain, but try to keep pressure off your right knee."
ooc,As Lawrence already did first aid successfully on the wound, the doctor could not try again. Sorry, so Pet is still at 5 HP.
Lawrence went next. With a combination of first aid and medicine, the doctor sent Lawrence back out feeling good as new.
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3143154/]First aid healing on Lawrence (1d3=2)[/url], [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3143157/]medicine healing on Lawrence (1d3=3)[/url]
Finally, Paul went in. The doctor couldn't find evidence of the pain Paul felt, but gave him some medicine, which took away the pain.

At the conclusion of the visit, the receptionist gave directions to the constables, "Just in case you decide to make a report after all."
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Paul stands up from the floor and makes his way to the Doc. Once the pills been swallowed. Paul ask the group 'Hike or cops?' 'I rather go on whit the hike as a ghost carriage wont do as a good story for the police' 'small people hiding and seemingly following us from George house' 'this is getting to strange' 'maybe we find some conclusive eidence in the forest'
~Bony End of Story~
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Laurence thanks the doctor for his excellent work.

"Agreed," says Laurence quietly when he rejoins the others. "If we try to tell that to the police, they may send for the folks in the white coats with the butterfly nets. I think we should stick to our original plan and visit the woods, looking for that student."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"I agree," says Samantha, keeping her voice low. "I'm having enough trouble making sense of all these things myself. Goodness only knows what the police would say, and I don't think they'd take it seriously."
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Pet sighs, and thanks the doctor for his efforts anyway, then limps back to the others. "So...the woods again then?"

Return to “The Glendale Spirits”