The Cranborne House Investigation

Modern-day exploration of the quiet Cumbrian village of Glendale to investigate the reportings of ghosts and fairy folk.

Moderator: ImpInTraining

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

The Cranborne House Investigation

Post by ImpInTraining »

After getting directions from Molly, the party makes their way driving down a narrow country lane a mile away from the village proper. The morning fog is just starting to lift, and gives the countryside an eerie feeling.

At the end of the lane is a gap between some trees that leads to a driveway. Beyond the trees you can see a beautifully kept garden that surrounds the Cranborne House itself. The stately home is not as large as you had expected.

The top of the drive leads to an oak front door. On the door is a large steel knocker...
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: The Cranborne House Investigation

Post by Anatomist »

'Please let me' Pauls says getting ahead of the group. Paul steps up to the door and swings the door knocker three times.
~Bony End of Story~
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Of course," says Laurence, standing to one side and waiting for someone to come to the door.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

A smartly dressed man in his twilight years answers the door. He is smartly attired in a suit and tie. He is slim and seems to be fit and healthy. What remains of his white hair has been cut short. You would guess that he is in his fifties.

"Good morning. Visitors - always a welcome sight. Come on in. I'll fetch a drink. Coffee? Tea?" glancing Paul's way he suggests, "Perhaps something stronger?" with a lifting of an eyebrow and a grin on his lips.

Peeking inside the house displays a warm and cozy living arrangement, comfortably furnished in antique furniture. The man, presumably George Tennison (although he hadn't stated it yet) was certainly a friendly sort. Hard to believe the locals talked so bad about him at the tavern. While the tavern dwellers were friendly to visitors, they didn't much care for new people moving in to the neighborhood ironically.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

===000===
Glancing at Lawrence, Paul nods 'Something stronger would be appreciated' Paul looks around the floor as he walks to the living room thinking "wonder what the history of this house is"
Ooc Gm,Paul being a local will try to recall anything he has heard about the estate. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2988215/]History 20% (1d100=14)[/url] On another note: you mind updating the sheet with my player name and the picture? thanks!
Last edited by Anatomist on Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Bony End of Story~
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Tea for me, thank you," says Laurence, entering the house after Paul. He looks admiringly at the furniture.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Tea for me as well please," says Samantha, following Laurence into the house.
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Pet smiles at the gentleman, and walks in with the others, looking around. "Yes, tea please. Ta."
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Andrew »

Nicholas chuckles and answers, "I suppose I'm the only coffee drinker here. You can ask my beautiful wife here, I count how much coffee I drink daily by pots. Also I take it black."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,No one from the group is 'local', but I'll allow the roll and say you picked up the information from the tavern the night earlier. The house itself is only a few hundred years old, but rumor had it there was a strange ring of stones beyond the gardens in the back.
"Of course," the man says. "Please... make yourself comfortable in the lounge," he waves the way with a gesture of his hand to a large room with comfortable chairs and intricate paintings hanging on the walls and headed on into the kitchen to fetch the drink giving the others an opportunity to talk amongst themselves.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

===000===

As George (Paul at least though it was) leaved the room he bends towards the others talking in a low voice. 'This house has its history, you know, i overheard at the tavern yesterday that its supposed to have one of those old stone-rings on its property' 'nice spot he got, he?'
~Bony End of Story~
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"I'd be interested in seeing that stone ring," muses Samantha, looking around her, deciding which chair to sit on.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Andrew »

Nicholas remains standing and quickly pulls out a small concealable camera and starts quickly photographing the room. Anything of immediate interest he makes sure he gets pictures of as well, that includes his wife. By now she had to be used to the random picture taking and it sure didn't hurt that she was stunning to begin with, far as Nicholas knew, the only pictures she hated were first thing in the morning ones. "To beautiful not to be photographed." He stated as he snapped off a few of Samantha from different angles. Once he was done he stood behind her and waited for their host to arrive.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Laurence takes a seat. "Such stone rings have long had associations with faeries," he says. "This one may be relevant to the local phenomena, and I'd also be interested in seeing it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

===000===

Paul being who he is starts walking around peeking into the neighbor rooms to see if he could spot anything intresting and dont see anything out of the ordinary
~Bony End of Story~
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Pet perks up when she hears about the stone ring. "I'd like to ee that stone ring to."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

The man returns finally carrying a tray with several cups of various beverages. "I'm sorry, have I introduced myself? I get so excited sometimes when company comes over. Most of the village treats me like I have the plague," he said setting down the tray on the central table. "My name is George. George Tennison. Did you enjoy the gardens outside? I've put so much work into them. I'd love to show you around the gardens if you'd like."
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

ImpInTraining wrote: Did you enjoy the gardens outside? I've put so much work into them. I'd love to show you around the gardens if you'd like."

'We havent had the pleaseure yett, sir. I would pick up on the offering no thinking twice there' Paul accepts the drink from the man 'But Sir' 'I heard a story at the tavern, that might or might not be true' 'is it true you have one of those ancient stone rings on your property?' 'that would be interesting to know more of and without a doubt see' Paul glances on the others specially on Lawrence to follow up.
Fast Talk roll 60%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2998769/]Fast Talk 60% (1d100=9)[/url]
~Bony End of Story~
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, Mr. Tenison," says Laurence, taking a cup of tea and sipping it. "A pleasure to meet you. I'm Professor Laurence Hickman, Emeritus." He offers his free hand. "I'd be quite keen on seeing those standing stones as well."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"I think quite a few of us are interested in the stone ring," says Samantha in response to Laurence's comment. "Pleased to meet you Mr Tennison. My name is Samantha Hollis and I'm here with my husband Nicholas." She indicates her head towards her husband as she says this.

Return to “The Glendale Spirits”