Got Your Goat

Modern-day exploration of the quiet Cumbrian village of Glendale to investigate the reportings of ghosts and fairy folk.

Moderator: ImpInTraining

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Re: Got Your Goat

Post by ImpInTraining »

The time passes, and the group takes some time getting to know some of the regulars in here. A right cheerful lot, definitely friendly to tourists, welcoming, and all too eager to share their own stories once asked.

Laurence does eventually intercept Linda and she mistakes him for someone trying to pick her up. Linda is middle-aged but has kept her looks; she appears youthful for her age. However, dry lines at the corners of her eyes betray her true years… She is a buxom woman with long straw-coloured hair that she is wearing tied in a ponytail. She is wearing a necklace with a silver pendant the dangles in her cleavage.

With a laugh, she says "Sorry buddy... I'm not that drunk yet. You're as old as my father." After a little awkward explanation, Laurence manages to inform Linda that he is good friends with her brother. She apologized at the mistake, and admitted ignorance on the goings-on in and around Glendale. "That's Martin's past time. Oh sure, plenty of people seeing things, but have a few more of those brews you're drinking, and you'll be seeing things too," she laughed. "Excuse me," Linda said as she spotted a younger, more handsome man looking her way. "I think I know that bloke." She moved on.

The stories gathered from the tavern folk ranged from classic ghost tales, to spritely fairies happing from flower to flower.... goblin-like creatures taking household pets, to visions of large roman armies marching along the countryside. Nothing seemed to be isolated to any particular spot, nor reliably repeatable for first-hand experience.

With only a few brews in their stomach, heads started to swim as the strong alcohol content started to take effect. It wasn't long before the group agreed to turn in for the night and pick up the investigation in the morning.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

OOC: Post

As a reminder, the group has uncovered several areas in which they could continue their investigation.

1) There is a student who frequents the woods looking for 'little people' according to Molly.
2) Cranborne House (owned by George Tennison) is allegedly haunted according to Molly. George Tennison, according to Martin, has a liking of Victorian period artifacts and furnishings, and a fascination for fairy-folk and maybe some pictures as well.
3) You could revisit The Goat for further information.
4) You could do some investigative background checking on Martin Richardson if you so desire.

Let me know where you wish to go in the morning.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

OOC,I think Samantha would favour the Cranborne House option, as much as anything. It's directly relevant (even if she will still think it's a load of nonsense), and better than hunting around the woods looking for a student type, or similar.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I'm for heading to the Cranborne House too. I also wanted to mention to [b]Linda[/b] that I'm concerned about [b]Martin[/b]'s health and to ask her about it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Linda returns Laurence's concern for her brother's health... and his unnatural aging. She is not sure what the cause is, but Martin absolutely refuses to see a doctor over it. Quickly, she puts it out of mind and continues with her frolicking.
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Petronella wants to go to the woods to look for the student, or even the little folk herself. After a modest breakfast, she excuses herself and asks Molly for a map of the woodland area so that she won't get lost. She also asks for a packed lunch and a thermos of tea.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Though you don't have to, I would suggest keeping everyone in one group. Naturally, Pet came here alone, so she's within her rights to go solo like that. But the difference of plans would come up during breakfast... and give everyone a chance to nail down a coordinated plan of attack on this investigation.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Andrew »

Nicholas nodded to his wife's idea, one sounded just as good to him as the other.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

ooc:,Hey all. Seems im taking over Paul Chaplin and will do my first post now. As far i can tell,Paul is following Laurence (his boss) around doing his job. To GM: Is the breakfast over? Petronella seems to have moved on. Just abit confused on that one. Ill post as the breakfast is not over and correct the post if told so.
Paul awakes with a headache from the brew drinking and arguing with and old girlfriend the nigh before. He washes his face with cold water and drinks a large glass of the cold water before he goes to the common breakfast room at the B&B.

'So whats the plan then' he asks Laurence when the man appears in the room 'I dont mind going and pay Cranborne House and George Tennison a visit and hear what he has to say about this ghost/fairy/alien nonsense' Paul grabs a toast and starts chewing.
~Bony End of Story~
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

"Allright," Pet replies when everyone seem to want to go to the Cranborne house. "Guess I'll tag along, then."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc: I was just trying to assess where everyone was going before opening the next thread. Breakfast scene would have been filled with PC small-talk, which we've handily stepped around in the interest of pushing the game forward. So... with thanks to Pet who's decided to be a team player... we're off to the Cranborne House...

Please go to this thread to continue:

http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtop ... 181&t=2574

Return to “The Glendale Spirits”