Welcome to Glendale

Modern-day exploration of the quiet Cumbrian village of Glendale to investigate the reportings of ghosts and fairy folk.

Moderator: ImpInTraining

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Re: Welcome to Glendale

Post by ImpInTraining »

NPCing Paul for the time being,Andrew is currently involved in other things at the moment, but I hope to see him return to the game soon.
Nicholas looked over to Laurence and asked, "So what are we here to investigate, really? Is it the ghosts... or is it the fairies? Or maybe... maybe if this place is so active it's the bigger picture?" He taps his camera as he says "Whatever it is, I'll be sure to have some film ready when the time comes."

Looking over to his wife, Samantha, he says "Honey, I know you just hate this sort of thing. If you want to curl up with a book, or take a nice hot bath while we go explore, I'm perfectly ok with that."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Oh that's quite a tempting suggestion," says Samantha, squeezing Nicholas's hand, "but - honestly - I'd rather come along to keep an eye on what happens. And I'd like to spend time with you, even if it does involve looking into things like this."

[assuming you meant Nicholas in previous post - he's Samantha's husband, the photographer, not Paul]
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

laughing,Yeah... friendly group here. LOL. I'll edit the message to be correct. Sorry Paul and Samantha.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Andrew »

Spoiler:
Wait... I thought it was Nicholas and Samantha. Damn I get dumped in real life, don't need it in the game!
Nicholas smiles and nods, "Good, I'm actually glad you'll be coming along. Let's us spend sometime together, contrary to popular belief... I love to spend time with my wife." He leans forward and kisses her on the cheek.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Laurence nods when he sees Paul writing on his map. "Yes, good idea," he says. Then he addresses Nicholas. "I think we should talk to Martin Richardson tomorrow morning as our first stop. I'm sure he'll have more information that will be of use and will be able to direct our investigations. I'm interested in examining any and all unusual local phenomena, so, yes, the bigger picture. Let's see what Mr. Richardson has to say and then take our next steps accordingly."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mendolin
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

Post by Mendolin »

That's fine by me, Professor.

Paul replies while studying his map for the best way to Richardson's place.
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

"I agree," nods Petronella. "We should investigate all occurrences. At least I will." She stirs her tea, and loos out the window.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc question for everyone,The night is still young, only a bit past 6PM. Did you have any intentions for tonight? Or do we just jump to the morning?
Petronella had seen some strange things in her time on the journalism racket, but to catch something like this happening ... ghosts, goblins, fairies... any proof of that would skyrocket her career for sure. She knew the rest of the people at the table were acquaintances to each other... some were friends... but none of them owed her anything. She also knew instinctively that none of them were competition. They seemed to know Martin Richardson also... so she's curious as to what their interest is in this sort of thing. It might be in her best interest to convince them to allow her to tag along. Together, they could cover so much more ground than if she were to go about it alone. And if there was trouble, she'd certainly appreciate the extra muscle on hand.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I don't have anything planned for tonight, unless I know that [b]Martin Richardson[/b] wouldn't mind receiving visitors in the evening.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Petronella turns back to the others around the table. "So....I know my own interest in this...But what about you all? What brought you here? If I may ask, that is..."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"As I said earlier," says Laurence, "I'm here to investigate the claims of supernatural occurrences in the area to determine once and for all whether they are genuine or there is some other explanation. Paul here is my manservant, and he goes where I go."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Nicholas smiled and laughed, "Seemed like the thing to do, you know? I've always been fascinated with the occult and supernatural. I'm just hoping that it can actually be filmed and not like those fuzzy UFO photos those Americans take. I want clear pictures with perfect clarity. Let people try and rip it apart. No photoshop, no alterations. There is the proof."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"And I'm here to spend time with my husband," says Samantha, "though as I've said my views on the occult and supernatural are somewhat different from his."
Mendolin
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

Post by Mendolin »

Mr. Handy wrote:Paul here is my manservant, and he goes where I go.
Smiling at this statement, Paul nods.
He's actually amused, that the Professor keeps introducing him as his valet. No offense taken.

Why don't we pay this Richardson a visit now? It's not that we have anything else important to do.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

"I could go for stretching my legs a bit and you never know what photographic opportunities lie in wait. I'm for going to see him." He turned and looked at Samantha, "What do you say my love?"
Spoiler:
OOC: Is his camera a professional grade SLR? The type where you take the lenses off? Also this is modern times as well correct? His his camera digital then?
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Why not?" says Samantha. "It's not too late is it? And it might be nice to see some of the surroundings on the way there, though we won't see as much as we will in the daytime."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Nicholas,A professional photographer? He can have a nice 35mm with all the lenses and whatnots... and a digital camera as well.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, capital idea," says Laurence. "I don't think he'll be too put out by evening visitors. I am acquainted with him, and I'm confident he'll see me. If for whatever reason he cannot, we can always return in the morning."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Spoiler:
Just didn't want to take anything for granted was all.
"Excellent! I think I'll bring my small digital for this outing. I don't think I'll need anything better for just a friendly visit. Besides dear, you'll get to see the nightlife here." Nicholas stated.
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Petronella smiles sweetly at the photographer. "Mind if I tag along?"

Return to “The Glendale Spirits”