The Glendale Lounge (OOC Chatter)

Modern-day exploration of the quiet Cumbrian village of Glendale to investigate the reportings of ghosts and fairy folk.

Moderator: ImpInTraining

yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: The Glendale Lounge (OOC Chatter)

Post by yockenthwaite »

I'm out of posting action through Wednesday. So if Samantha needs to react urgently before then please NPC me Imp if need be. But I suspect my character can probably wait until I'm back in the swing of things on Thursday.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

I figure I owe the lot of you an explanation for my prolonged absence.

Something came up at work. They nabbed me and a couple other guys for some emergency detail to get a system up and running prior to an important system test. Now that that's over, I have some breathing room, but I'm still on location doing more work - stuff that wasn't essential to get done before the big test date.

There have been long hours and weekends worked... a 19-day stretch without a day off... last minute change of plans... etc. But I do want to see if I can breath life back into this game. You guys are so close to the end, it'd be silly not to.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Thanks. Hope things settle down a bit more for you soon.

We're still here :)
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Just an FYI - I am in Guam right now ... been here for a week (thus why I've been so quiet). I was hoping to hear from more of the players by now. Anyway, gonna be in Guam for another week and a half.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Sorry again... I plum forgot about this game.

I'm going on vacation March 24th. You guys are really close to finishing this up. I hope to have it done by then. *Fingers crossed*
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

I only knew about the new posts cos I have this sub-forum on subscription, to email me when there's anything new. Otherwise I'd have drifted away too.

I've just messaged Thorn, who's still active on and off in other games, but may not know this one has resurfaced. And any ideas for doing this ritual right would be good! So more brains the better.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hi, guys. There seems to be trouble with the notifications - even with the "active topics" tab. About the notifications, sometimes they randomly stop arriving.
I think the best way to find out if something has happened in a topic of interest is to check the "new posts" tab.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

My ritual is simply clicking the 'View your posts' hyperlink. It gives me every thread that I've posted in and the new ones are at the top with new message indicators. The only problem I have is when a GM makes a new thread but doesn't tell me about it. It's rare that it happens, but it does infrequently.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I just go to the forum's home page and scan through the most recent posts in each board to see if there's anything new since the last time I checked. The new portal makes new posts even more apparent. I usually check once per hour when I'm online, though for most of the day I'm not. This way I find out if there's a new thread too. In the games I run, I always put links in the old threads to any new threads, so that it's easier for players to find them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

That's pretty much it, folks. The game is over. You succeeded... sort of.

The optimal thing to do was re-etch the Elder Sign in each of the stones, then dismantle the circle and bury the stones at least a meter deep... but there really was no way of knowing that little tidbit. Since you did the ritual a second time without first breaking up the stone circle, it caused an unstable space-time wave which knocked the stones of the circle out of alignment, thereby halting the paranormal activity and any further damage that doing the ritual a second time might have caused. The ritual was never needed. Martin steered you wrong there, it was an honest mistake of a dying man. I'm sure he had a lot on his mind those last few hours.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Thanks. Glad we succeeded, sort of! Enjoyed the game, many thanks for that. Enjoy your holiday.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes. thanks, good game! We did figure out to carve the Elder Sign into the stones, but I can't see any way of figuring out we needed to bury the stones either. I was under the impression that the stones needed to be there (with the Elder Signs in them) for the ritual to work. The scenario designer should have put in a way to discover the best way to succeed, or nobody can figure it out. It could be hard to find, just so long as it's possible. Maybe the leprechaun could give a hint away accidentally while trying to dissuade the investigators from doing what they need to do.

I'll wait until after you've returned and had a chance to post here before moving the game to the Hall of Fame (where you can still post, last time I checked, but you can't even see the game when you're not logged in).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

I can dig out the scenario to read now (haven't read it before) so I'm going to see what else we missed. I agree with Mr Handy: I haven't a clue at the moment how we were meant to figure out the best solution re burying the stones. It sounds like a fatal flaw in the written scenario. Which makes us managing to get to where we did a really good outcome.

Much of the scenario seemed quite linear. But I really liked the topsy turvy bit after the first ritual, when everything went to pot, and we all wondered what on Earth had happened, and how we would fix it :)
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Did we get our bodies back?
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

(at the airport now)

There were quite a few flaws with the module, most of them transparent to you. The writer did mention, and I have to agree, if you did everything right in the end it would be very anti-climactic. Maybe he had no intentions of letting you do it right. In fact, the part where the blast knocked the stones out was totally my doings. If I gave the writer his way ... All sorts of Elder gods and Ancient Ones would be walking the earth as the boundaries between dimensions broke down. Yeah... No thanks to that.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Thorn wrote:Did we get our bodies back?
Yep, though Nicholas went insane from spending the past few hours in another creature's body.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

And thanks to all of you for hanging in with me despite the occasional lapse in posting from me. You made it worth while. Mr. Handy, feel free to move the game when you want.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome! It's been fun. I'll leave the game where it is for now so that Andrew and Anatomist can have a chance to see this and post, and so that you can respond to it when you return. I'll move it to the Hall of Fame after that.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

Shite. Im sorry i totally lost track of this thread in one of the hiatuses.
~Bony End of Story~
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

And your character lived in spite of it.;) guess you owe your partners a hearty slap on the back.

Return to “The Glendale Spirits”