In Media Res - The Hive (Threshold of danger)

Five hours ago in the Hive, a top-secret genetic research lab located in the basement of Raccoon City, there has been an alarming situation and in response, the artificial intelligence that controls the complex, known as “The Red Queen“. has sealed the entire plant, killing all employees.

Umbrella Corporation, owner of the Beehive, has sent two of its teams. The first, the Alpha team, penetrate into the complex to find out what happened. The second, the Bravo team, will have to find the directors of the Beehive, the only survivors of the disaster, and retrieve some biological samples the directors have taken with them.

This is the story of team Bravo ...

Moderator: Dave Syrinx

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: In Media Res - The Hive (Threshold of danger)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The laptop link doesn´t work, so Larsen goes at it with help of Kim who gets a service hatch open.

Mr Handy:
Spoiler:
An electronics check @ 66%, please.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Kate[/b]? I think you mean [b]Kim[/b]. ;)

Larsen fiddles with the drone's innards, but he can't quite find his way through its systems. "Apparently not," he says. "I'm not even smarter than this thing. Anyone else want to give it a try?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kim joins Larsen and works for a good five minutes. "I´m afraid I can´t fix this rodent. I understand the gears and maneuvering via a direct cable from the laptop interface. But I can´t get the wiring to connect correctly. As I see it this is too advanced for my know how."
She pulls off her work gloves she had on while digging around inside the armadillo. "It´s not beyond repair. I just can´t find a way around the remote connection."

Kabukiman:
Spoiler:
Johnny has 01% in Electrinics, 10% in electrical repair and 20% in mech repair. Should he succeed in on of those he´ll be able to find the wire that´s causing the trouble.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I haven't tried Electrical Repair or Mechanical Repair yet. Can I attempt them too?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

Johnny was looking with interest. And now was regreting that he didn't had pay attention to his brother that was a mechanical.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3225604/
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Preparing counter measures...Ksshhhhh...peeep!", the hidden speakers let out. "Evacuate area within...thirty seconds. Thank you for visiting Umbrella Corporation. Have a nice day.!

Heather looks at C.L. and Crawford, "You.. were going to get me out!"
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Larsen, unable to get the drone working, ducks behind it. "Everyone take cover! Can we breach that door in time? A frag grenade might take it out, and then maybe a smoke grenade can interfere with the cutters." He speaks into his radio. "Redfield, this is Larsen. Counter measures are being activated, and we have less than thirty seconds."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Johnny tried to help a bit more, but he nearly left everything even worst.

OOC: I think it was asking too much to get less than 10%. Seems we will be "expendable" characters.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Heather walks up to the glass barred entrance and walks on the pressure plates. She holds up the palm of her right hand at the cameras up in the ceiling.

"Stop!"

The lighting changes again inside the corridor and the laser beams are activated.

Heather says, "Open rear entrance."

The sheet glass starts to rise letting out a sound from the corridor. A high frequency humming sound, as from a giant dentist´s drill.

OOC: Expandables:
Spoiler:
I´ll try to get you out. But this will be a tough one.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"How did you do that?" asks Larsen as he hurries to join Heather. Not waiting for an answer, he takes his smoke grenade, pulls the pin, and rolls it under the glass into the entryway where the laser beams are, hoping that the smoke will block them enough to make it safe to pass through into the Hive.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The canister spews out a dark grey smoke in the corridor. Heather stands still and says, "I remembered..."

C.L., Hale, Crawford, Collins and Kim line up after Larsen and Heather. Johnny leaves the armadillo crippled and joins the others. Out of breath but alive.

The high frequency sound still is on. The corridor soon is full of smoke. From the subway comes no sound.

Heather stands still and lets the smoke wisp past her legs.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Before we run through and possibly get sliced to ribbons," says Larsen, "I'd like to make sure it's safe. Anyone got a long, useless object I can stick into the fog and wave around? Maybe a piece of scrap metal in your toolbox, Kim?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kim digs in her box and quickly duct tapes five tools together creating a prodder of sorts. Then hands it to Larsen...

He takes the makeshift staff and feels away inside the corridor. The shrill sound continues and after a hesitation the red laser lights cuts through the smoke - creating blurry reddish wisps around the core beams. As they connect to the tools, they avert and the shrill sound stops.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Larsen pulls his "ten-foot pole" out of the smoke and looks to see if the lasers were able to damage it through the smoke.
OOC,Were the lasers deactivated when they hit the tools, or are they still going? If they're off, then we need to run through while we can.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC,Can we shoot the machine that fire the laser?
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The laser beams are off.
Heather, Larsen and Kim start to hurry down the corridor. At the end of it they see it ends in a t-junction. To the left is a heavy door with a key pad and eye scanner. To the right is a small corridor ending with a set of glass sliding doors. On the other side of the doors is a figure waving at the three. He wears an UBCS uniform. He manually force the doors open. He has his mask on.

Collins and Crawford start after the first three. C.L. shouts to the rest "Go! I come later...gotta make sure we´re not followed." Hale kisses him on the cheek and whispers. "Forever..."
Then she dons her mask and hurries after the others. As she leaves C.L. she catches a glimpse of the demolitions expert lighting up a cigar.

OOC:
Spoiler:
Firing at the other side of the corridor could take out the security system, but not for certain. A grenade would do the trick for sure. Both options would probably raise the security measurements by the computer.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Larsen waves back at the UBCS man. "I'm Larsen," he says. "Are you Redfield? Is this corridor safe?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Yes, Redfield. Correct. The dining area here is secure so far. I´ve smashed all cams and barricaded the two doors leading out of here. We ant to get out up top, right? I sure as hell want to, my entire team got minced in one of those laser corridors." He ushers the Bravo team in to the large dining area.

The room is fifty times fifty meters to each side. The room is in no way a dining area full of tables and chairs. Instead it has cryo tanks with valves on top. Each tank is tagged with a serial number. In all, the tanks count to three hundred. An elevator is located between the two doors in the far wall from where they entered.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yeah, we want to get up to the surface and out of this place," says Larsen. He introduces the other members of his group. "How far up does that elevator go? Seems like it might be a risk, though. Might be safer to take the stairs. You never know what the Red Queen will do with the elevator. We also noticed a strong door at the other end of the hall with a keypad and retina scanner. Any idea what's behind it or whose eye we need to open it? And what in the world is in these tanks?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Johnny starts coming near the tanks in a very cautious way...

Return to “In media res”