IC-OMAHA-Prisoners(Keith/Lisa/Emilio/Kate/Brian/Ron/Darnell)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Prisoners(Keith/Lisa/Emilio/Kate/Brian)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Emilio stops when Brian holds him back. "Just want to check the engine, right?" He looks at Lou. "You want this to run, right? You want me to check the engine as well? Can you pop the hood? Hard to do it while cuffed like this... Anything is hard when tied together." Emilio lifts his free hand in despair.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

Handy,Sorry about that. I figured his sanity was higher than that and I did not check. I have edited my post to coincide with his sanity loss.
The sight of the bodies brings Ron back to the terrible sight of the initial fire fight and the violence that took place. Ron's mind broke but only a little. Ron could not let these beasts hurt anyone else.
Handy,I plan to have Ron open fire this round but before I do, I want to make sure I have the rules straight. If she shoots a burst, does he roll for each bullet? Is he at point blank range? Can he lean around the door frame and shoot to use the door frame for cover?
Last edited by ryansommer on Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Ron[/b] has 40 Sanity currently, so that roll fails. Please roll 1d3 for Sanity loss.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Re: IC-OMAHA-Prisoners(Keith/Lisa/Emilio/Kate/Brian/Ron/Darnell)

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: I edited my post above.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,If you shoot a burst, you make one Rifle roll. The burst will be a 3-round burst, but it will give you a +20 bonus. You are not at point blank range right now, and the base skill is considered to be 30%, so you'd have a 50% chance. If you hit, roll 1d3 to see how many bullets hit your target. For each one, roll 1d20 for a hit location and 2d8 for damage. You can lean around the door frame and shoot, but you'd be exposing yourself to return fire if you do so. The amount of cover you have is not enough to reduce their chances to hit.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Ron left off a short burst that peppered the floor around Lou. "Drop your weapons or the next burst will fill you full of lead, mother fucker!" Ron shouted.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the main floor-
Darnell leaned around the other side of the door and put a bullet into Lou King. It blew through his side, but it didn't hurt him too badly. He twisted around and took hasty aim at Ron with his shotgun. The buckshot struck him in the leg and blew it clean off! The coach fell, bleeding to death. Wesley fumbled for his revolver, startled. Brian tried to scramble behind the Mustang for cover.
OOC,[b]Ron[/b], you are currently at 0 HP. You will die at the end of the round after this one unless someone successfully applies First Aid to you by then. [b]Darnell[/b], I rolled for your first shot since you haven't acted. You may fire your second shot now. [b]Emilio[/b], you may also act now, but if you want to move towards anyone else, you will need to succeed at a STR vs. STR roll on the Resistance Table, as [b]Brian[/b] is trying to move in the opposite direction and you are cuffed together. Your STR is 11 and his is 15, which gives you a 30% chance to drag him along. Then it will be [b]Wesley[/b]'s turn.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Emilio tugs at the bond between him and Brian to somehow overpower the thugs. However, he doesn´t have the strength to gain any ground. Seeing yet another attempt to get free being blown to pieces makes his mind sink. He then starts for cover behind the Mustang along with Brian.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC,Okay. Well, shoot. I was hoping old Darnell would hear me tell them to drop their weapons as no one knows I actually intended to hit them. Oh well, Ron tried.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Darnell[/b] fired a split second after you did, before you even had a chance to realize that you'd missed. Luckily, he gets a second shot this round. Unluckily, he only has a 20% chance to hit.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Spoiler:
Emilio will, when time allows, look for anything worthy of using as a club. He will resort to punch anyone who sneaks up behind the Mustang. He hisses to Brian "Get ready to take them down if they get over here..."
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the main floor-
Darnell fired again, but his wild shot didn't even come close. "Coach!" he cried.

Behind the Mustang, Emilio looked through the tools. There were a few that could serve as clubs, including a sturdy wrench, but they were all fairly small. There was nothing in plain sight that was larger, but anything that big would have to be wielded in two hands anyway, which would be awkward as long as he was cuffed to Brian.

Wesley finally drew his pistol and fired from the hip, but his first shot was just as bad.
OOC,[b]Emilio[/b], you may roll Spot Hidden. The wrench and some of the other tools qualify as Small Clubs, but the base skill in that is only 25%. Your Large Club skill would use a two-handed club, but the cuffs would cause a significant penalty. [b]Darnell[/b], it is your turn to act. If you want to fire again, you get one shot now and one later in the round. However, [b]Ron[/b] will die at the end of this round unless someone successfully applies First Aid to him. If you succeed, he gets back 1d3 HP and regains consciousness. He is currently at 0.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"We got to help him... He´s dying on us. And...that´s just the beginning of bad." Emilio hisses to Brian. He abandons any thought of a melee weapon and intends to use his hands to do harm - or to stop the bleeding of the coach.

"Hold your fire, I´m going to stabilize him."
Emilio gets up behind his cover and stretches his free arm up while tugging at Brian to follow him.

ooc:
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Emilio[/b], you may roll Fast Talk to try to get [b]Brian[/b] to go with you. The base skill is 5%. If you succeed, you may then try First Aid.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Get up, man! We gotta go..." Emilio doesn´t really get through to Brian...
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the main floor-
"Are you nuts, man?" asked Brian. "You've seen how they shoot anyone who screws with them. Stay down!"

Seeing Coach Ron Moore bleeding out, Darnell did the only thing he could. He dropped his pistol and tried his best to save his mentor's life, but his best wasn't good enough. "Help him!" he begged. "Look, I give up! Just don't let him die!"

Lou and Wesley approached. While Lou kept his shotgun trained on Darnell, Wesley snatched up his dropped pistol and Ron's M4 and. 45, slinging the carbine on his back, then setting the safety on the Beretta and sticking both pistols into his belt. He knelt over Ron and got to work, barely bringing the coach back from the brink of death. Ron was still extremely weak from lack of blood, but he was conscious again. Still, it wouldn't take much to finish him off if the Jamaicans decided to do it.

"You be real sorry you mess with we," snarled Lou. "We should kill you right now, but that's up to Damon." He called back to Emilio and Brian. "Get back to work, you two! It's over!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

To Brian, Emilio says "Let´s get that hood up ya! Mad - you want to see mad? Pop it and come with me to the front." To Lou and Wesley he just mutters "yeah ya..."
TVblog

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Darnell began to cry
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: I am unsubscribing from this as Ron is dead.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Ron[/b] is not dead. He survived. Read my update carefully. [b]Wesley[/b] barely saved his life, and he now has 1 HP left.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”