IC-OMAHA-Prisoners(Keith/Lisa/Emilio/Kate/Brian/Ron/Darnell)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-OMAHA-Prisoners(Keith/Lisa/Emilio/Kate/Brian/Ron/Darnell)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 6:43 PM Central Time - Marley Warehouse, Omaha, Nebraska
On the main floor-
Emilio stepped out onto the warehouse floor. Doug strained to lift Kate, but he couldn't budge her.

"I'll get her," said Lou, slinging her over his shoulder and climbing out. Doug followed right behind him.

Lisa Marley closed the garage bay door behind them as Keith Stewart walked in from an open door on the right, toting an M16. Lisa gasped in shock when she saw that both Emilio and Lou were badly wounded. Emilio's head and stomach were bandaged, and Lou's formerly good leg was all torn up. He walked with a limp. They could see that Kate's leg was broken and in a makeshift splint, and she was no longer wearing a shirt, though she still had on her bra. Lisa showed obvious relief that Doug did not seem to be hurt, at least. He was carrying a handgun.

"We're back, boss, and we brought them both back alive!" called Lou. "The mechanic shot up my leg, and I shot him up pretty good, but Kate kept him alive."

"Why did you take off her shirt?" asked Lisa.

"To get this," said Doug, taking out a Kevlar vest from the minibus. "It'll be loose, but I think it'll fit you, sis."

In the entry hall-
"Bring them all in here!" called Damon. "Looks like Roy's going to have to wait."

Wesley got his medical gear ready.

Brian kept hammering boards into place to blockade the front entrance. He was more than two-thirds done now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Prisoners(Keith/Lisa/Emilio/Kate/Brian)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"OK, where do you want us? And where is Erica? I guess we´re to be joining her as your hostage?" Emilio looks for the Mustang.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

Keith with M-16.

"Good job, Doug."

In reply to Emilio.

"Ho ho, you losers! the tables have turned. You lot should of joined the winning team, like I did.

"By the way, Erica is downstairs in the basement, taking a bath."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the main floor-
"Thanks, Keith," said Doug. He motioned his gun at Emilio, whose hands were cuffed behind his back, then at the open door on the right. "Through there."

The Mustang was parked next to the VW minibus.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Keith places the muzzle of his M-16 in Doug's spine, and shoots lead into his guts.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,We're now in combat, so [b]Emilio[/b] will need to wait until I tell him it's his turn before he can act. [b]Brian[/b] is currently in the next room, so he is free to react to the gunshots. [b]Keith[/b], this is by no means automatic. [b]Doug[/b] is not about to let you get close enough to press the muzzle against his back, and you will need to make a Rifle roll to hit. Your effective skill is 30%, but you are at point blank range which doubles it to 60%. This is your chance to hit if you fire a single shot. If you fire a three-round burst, you get a +20, which gives you an 80% chance to hit. If you hit, roll 1d3 if you fired a burst to see how many bullets strike [b]Doug[/b]. For each bullet that hits him, please roll 1d20 for hit location and 2d8 for damage.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Emilio sees the open door and is about to walk through it as his ears are filled with the booming of automatic fire.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Duck_and_Cover
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Post by Duck_and_Cover »

Brian flinches at the sound of sudden gunfire. "God dammit! What the hell is goin on now..." Brian mutters while trying to figure out what do. He instinctively grasps for his non-existent gun and curses the guy who took it. He abandons the boards and nails and then runs to find something to hide behind.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3005828/]M-16 80% (burst) (1d100=35)[/url]. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3005834/]No. of hits;location;damage (1d3=2, 1d20=10, 2d8=11, 1d3=2, 1d20=17, 2d8=11, 1d3=3, 1d20=16, 2d8=6)[/url]--that's a jumble of numbers! Are they usable? or do you want me to roll--separately--again?
Keith shoots some chunks off of Doug.

"Emilio! Doug's weapon!"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hesitating...
Spoiler:
Spinning around, Emilio tries to kick Doug´s gun out of his hands.
Spoiler:
If that is a viable option....
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Tue May 03, 2011 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Emilio[/b], it wasn't your turn to act yet. You may want to do something different based on what happens here. [b]Keith[/b], you only needed to roll 1d3 once, but I can still use those numbers by taking the first 1d3 and the first two hit location and damage rolls.
On the main floor-
One bullet struck Doug in the lower chest, and another blew through his arm and spun him around. He fell to the floor, stone dead.

"Doug!" screamed Lisa when she saw her brother die. A weaker person would have gone to pieces, but she had a very strong mind and she barely held on. Channeling her rage into action, she raced over to Doug's body, getting there ahead of Emilio. She snatched up the shotgun he had taken from Emilio. "BASTARD!" She turned on Keith and blasted him. Keith's arm exploded in a red mist. Blood fountained from his torso as he fell lifeless next to the boy he had just killed. She looked at Keith coldly.
OOC,Okay, [b]Emilio[/b], [i]now[/i] it's your turn. Before you act, roll Sanity for seeing [b]Keith[/b] killed. Sanity loss is 0/1d6. If you lose 5 or more, you must roll Idea as well. If you succeed at the Idea roll, you will go temporarily insane. It's too bad that [b]Keith[/b] died here, but that's the risk when you engage in gunplay. If you're going to cut someone down, it's best to get them alone.
In the entry hall-
The hall was narrow and didn't really have any hiding places or cover. Brian could tell that the gunshots came through the open door to the left that led to the main floor. The front doorway was nearly boarded up, so there was no going that way. The back doorway was wide open, but he would have to go past Damon and Wesley to get to it, and they wouldn't take kindly to it if he ran away. There were several doors lining the right side of the hall. Only one of them, the one Keith had originally come out of, was open. It too was past Damon and Wesley. The two men were running towards the door to the main floor with their guns in hand.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Oddly, the handcuffs makes Emilio feel calm about what just passed. Now, he turned his gaze away from the carnage behind him and looks down the stairs again. "Down there was it?" He asks Lou, Damon and Lisa.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Emilio[/b] only has 45 Sanity left (you probably didn't see because of the color change when you hit 50), but you still succeeded wildly. You cannot see any stairs.
In the entry hall-
Damon and Wesley rushed through the open door onto the main floor, leaving Brian alone in the entry hall. He could still hear everything going on in the other room, though he couldn't see it. He was almost done boarding up the front entrance and could finish it if he wanted.

Shortly after that, Lou King entered from the main floor carrying the injured policewoman slung over his shoulder. He was also badly wounded, his leg full of small holes. "Keep working, mon," he said to Brian. "It's over now."

On the main floor-
"No..." moaned Kate, shedding more tears after witnessing the carnage, but she refused to break. Lou, who was carrying her, was also choked up by Doug's sudden assassination, but the tough Jamaican quickly pulled himself together. "Good shooting, Lisa," he managed.

Damon and Wesley burst in through the open door, their guns ready. "Doug, no!" cried Wesley, shaken. He didn't need to be a doctor to see that the boy was dead. He shook his head in sorrow. "Not even the vest saved him."

Damon screamed in anguish, his heart torn. "My son!" he shouted. "Why, Jah?!"

"Keith just shot him down like a dog, Daddy," said Lisa, her eyes full of tears. "I picked up the shotgun and...I killed Keith. I didn't know what else to do."

"You did good, Lisa. I and I am so proud of you. You avenged your brother, and today you're all grown up."

"I don't want to be grown up. I don't want to be a killer. Until today I didn't even know what our family did for a living."

"Lisa, honey, you'll always be my little girl, but we got to be strong to go on without Doug. We only killed those who wronged us. Everything we do, it's just another kind of business. I did it all for you and your brother. One day, everything I have will be yours. Lou, take the lady cop to the entry hall. Mechanic, you go with them, but stop there. You don't go downstairs. Wesley and I, we'll be right behind you. Lisa, you keep that gun, and you put on the lady cop's vest. Help yourself to her belt and get your brother's backpack, too. Then come follow me." He shook his head. "That damn Keith! Darnell was supposed to be watching him. He and I are gonna have to have a little talk."

"Okay, Daddy." Lisa slipped on the bulletproof vest, which hung loosely on her small frame. Then she bent down to retrieve the other things from Doug's body.

"You got it, boss," said Lou, carrying Kate into the entry hall.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Mr Handy:
Spoiler:
That´s right, I guess I just checked the dominant colour. Regarding the stairs, or lack of stairs... I assumed there was a flight of stairs on the other side of the door. Guess that´s what happens when you see the scene in your own head, right?
The mechanic follows Lou to the entry hall with Damon right behind him. He watches the Mustang as he leaves the garage.
TVblog

Duck_and_Cover
Layman
Layman

Post by Duck_and_Cover »

Brian throws his hands up. "What the hell is happening here? I'd be safer out with those damned monsters outside than in here." Brian yells out as Damon and Wesley rush past him. He walks back towards the car and decides it's better to finish fixing the car then boarding up everything that he could.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the main floor-
Wesley and Damon followed Emilio into the entry hall, their guns pointed at his back.

Lisa went past Brian as she followed her father to the entry hall. He saw the corpses lying in bloody pools on the floor.

"Where do you think you're going, Brian?!" called Damon. "We need those doorways boarded up!"
OOC,[b]Brian[/b], please roll Sanity on 1d100 for seeing the bodies. Sanity loss is 0/1d3, so you lose no Sanity if your roll is equal to or less than your current Sanity, but you lose 1d3 if it's higher.
In the entry hall-
Emilio entered the hall, followed by the two Jamaicans. There was more bloody carnage here from the gunfight, though some of it had been cleaned up. The hall stretched left to the back door and right to the front door, both of which had been smashed by shotgun blasts. The front doorway was almost entirely boarded up, but the back doorway was wide open. On the opposite wall of the hall was a line of several doors, one of which stood open.

Lisa entered, opened up Doug's backpack, and looked through its contents. She found an opened box of shotgun shells and began to reload her shotgun.

"Maybe this guy can help with the barricades and then fixing up the car," said Lou, limping badly.

"Might as well get some use out of him," said Damon. "Lisa, give Lou the handcuff key from the belt. Wesley, do what you can for Lou's leg." He tried to take Kate from Lou's hands, but he wasn't strong enough to carry her alone. "Lisa, give me a hand with her."

The girl handed a small key to Lou and then joined her father. With Lisa's help, the two of them were barely able to carry her.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Yes, cut me loose, will you1" "Get me a hammer and some nails and we´ll be safe from them walkers in no time." Emilio turns so his back cuffed arms face Lou.
TVblog

Duck_and_Cover
Layman
Layman

Post by Duck_and_Cover »

Brian saw the bodies on the floor and flinched. His jaw tightened and he clenched his fists. This could have been him. Brian slowly unclenched his fists but his head was pounding and he could feel a headache coming. "Yea yea fine. I'll get to the windows. When do I get my gun back? Seems shit like this happens alot near you all and next time I don't want to be dicking around sitting on my thumb." Brian walked towards the windows with the intention of finishing boarding them up.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,It's the doors you're boarding up, not the windows - there are none in this hall. The doors were both blown down by shotgun blasts during the attack early in this chapter.
In the entry hall-
"When I'm sure I can trust you," said Damon as Brian returned. "Keith got his hands on a gun somehow, and he killed one of my children with it. I'm not about to give a stranger a chance to kill my other child. But I will give you some responsibility. You keep an eye on him." He pointed at Emilio. "Finish boarding up the doorways with him, then work on the Mustang when you're done. Lou and Wesley will be watching in case anyone gets any funny ideas. Do a good job, and you'll get your piece back afterwards." He gave Emilio a cold look. "You better be a good boy, or not only will you pay for it, but Kate will too. Lou, cuff him to Brian." He and Lisa carried Kate through the open door.

"Just do as they say, Emilio," said Kate. "I'll be fine." Then the door closed behind her.

Lou nodded and motioned for Brian to stand next to Emilio so he could remove the cuff from Emilio left arm and attach it to Brian's. "There's a toolbox with hammer and nails by the front door where Brian left them. Should only take you a minute to finish up. Then you can get the back."

Wesley opened up his medical bag and did an excellent job of bandaging Lou's leg, stopping the bleeding adequately enough. "He shot you up pretty good, mon," said the sawbones. "Still, it could have been worse."

In the storage room-
"Daddy, you're not going to hurt her, are you?" asked Lisa as Damon locked the door behind him.

"That depends on her - and on Emilio," he said. "She's the one who killed Malcolm, so don't feel too bad for her."

"I'm sorry," said Kate. "We were just trying to save Erica. I didn't want anyone to get hurt."

"Erica's just fine. Since you're so worried about her, I'll take you to her."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the entry hall-
While Emilio stood next to Brian, Lou deftly unlocked the cuff on his left wrist and snapped it onto Brian's left wrist, locking the two men together. Wesley kept his pistol trained on them to ensure there was no funny business. "Good," said Lou. "Now get to work." He slid down the wall he was leaning on and held his shotgun pointed their way.

Brian and Emilio were able to finish boarding up the front entrance using the tools and nails Brian had left there. Meanwhile, Wesley continued treating Lou's wounded leg, stitching it up fairly well. "Good," said Lou again. "Get the back next."
OOC,Why haven't either of you posted? Both of you, please roll Mechanical Repair if you comply and start boarding up the rear entrance.
In the storage room-
Damon and Lisa carried Kate down below.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”