IC-OMAHA-Prisoners(Keith/Lisa/Emilio/Kate/Brian/Ron/Darnell)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Prisoners(Keith/Lisa/Emilio/Kate/Brian)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Trying to do a decent team job, Emilio nails the entrance boards - ensuring some protection. "Now what?"
He turns and meets the muzzle of the shotgun, once again.

ooc:
Spoiler:
Reasons for slacking / slipping: The usual RL interferences, work, fixing broken computers, kids, plain laziness and watching too many episodes of various TV-series. My bad.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,That's okay, and welcome back! It'll take several minutes to finish boarding up the back entrance. It will go faster if [b]Brian[/b] succeeds too, but it still won't be finished right away.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

ooc:
Spoiler:
:D Thanks, will make an attempt to break the 4K posts barrier this weekend! Rebuilt my neighbor´s toasted PC with scrap parts from three derelict ones. Ended up with a SATA drive on 160GB, 2,7Ghz P4, 768Mb mem, DVD burner and a Dell optiplex 170L case.

The grass is growing in our garden, screaming to get moved down. I hate that!

Contacted Raiko to email Lee Carnell regarding the login thingy. Apparently POC and Gary might fix the password for Lee... We´ll see how that goes.

I also had a reply from Kenneth Scroggins (The Man in Black) of Delta Green, regarding putting his site Anomalies up on a new site. It had The Emerald Hammer on it as well as a number of DG campaigns along with maps and art. I got approval to do that and will set up a forum for things gone missing. (I have a habit of finding things "which are almost gone", thinking of naming the forum along those lines.

POC finally added the scenario I scavenged from David S Moore. Have a look at it if you like, it would suit fine as an additional chapter to Masks of Nyarlathothep and something to completely throw the investigators off track as they probably have some forehand knowledge of what will happen in the UK.
The era is modern but the story tracks back to the early twenties at least.

So, besides not being active on the forums, I´v been planning other game related activities. It´s fun but can be a drag as I´m no master at time management. To cope with that I´m wrapping up the Arizona scenario, giving the survivors a way out and an opportunity to continue a new scenario in the future. I´m thinking of something along the lines, take the cash from the bank robberies and move to a less hostile climate. Away from all troubles. I´ll put some effort on the ending and let the game lay to rest. It all started out so fine...

The Resident Evil scenario will continue. Just have to find that un-pause button!

The game I started at Umbria set in Antarctica will have to thaw as the players have been hanging since Easter. Darn RL!

/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the entry hall-
Brian assisted Emilio ably enough. They began boarding up the gaping rear entrance under the watchful eyes and shotgun barrel of Lou while Wesley continued working on his leg.
OOC,It will take four more turns to finish boarding up the back, including this one. [b]Lisa[/b] is moving to the thread linked below. Her player, if she ever gets one, should stop reading the current thread at this point and should not read any posts in the new thread above the one in the link. All other characters remain in the current thread.
Bad to the Bone
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"OK, we´re nearly done here. Then, where do you need us?" Emilio makes sure the boarding up is good enough, hoping it would resist any intruders´ attempts on getting to them. Remembering the scene from the gym, he doubts these boards will help much. He puts the hammer in the lining of his pants, raises his hands, palms up front. "Done."
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,You're not done yet! As I said, it will take four more turns, including this one, to finish.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Examining the job done so far, Emilo gets to it and works on. Some places need reinforcement to function as decent protection. If they had something more unbreakable than wood, the end result would be even better. " Do you have sheet metal laying around around here? We could reinforce the barrier with that - or even concrete steel mesh would suit fine."
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the entry hall-
"I'm sure we got something like that around here," said Lou. "Don't know where, exactly. Damon will, and he can tell us where to find it when he gets back. Keep working, you're doing a fine job. Once the entrances are blocked off, you two can work on fixing the Mustang. When that's done, you can also patch up that bullet hole your cop friend put in our minibus. That should take some hours, and then we'll find somewhere for you two to sleep."
OOC,It will take three more turns to finish, including this one.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the entry hall-
"My name's Brian Stevenson," Brian said to Emilio as they worked. "You're a pretty good mechanic too. What's your story?"
OOC,It will take two more turns to finish, including this one.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Emilio Montoya, mechanic.l Was working for the Lubacheck´s when all hell broke lose. Had a plan to get that baby out of town." He points at the Mustang and sighs. "Too bad I wrecked it at the school and managed to get it stolen before I could leave... But hey, now I´ve found her." He continues fixing and trixing with the boards as well as some reinforcements of wire mesh.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the entry hall-
Emilio and Brian couldn't see onto the main floor of the warehouse where the car was from here, but Emilio was able to get his point across by indicating the door.

"The Mustang?" said Brian. "Yeah, she's one sweet ride. The damage doesn't look too bad. I've already made a good start on repairing it. I'm sure we'll have her restored to top condition before long."

"You best not get any ideas," said Lou King while Wesley worked on his leg, which was halfway stitched up at this point. "That car belongs to Damon now."
OOC,You can finish boarding up the back this turn.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the entry hall-
Emilio and Brian finished boarding up the back entrance.

"Good job," said Lou, standing with help from Wesley. "Let's all move back to the main floor. Now you can work on the Mustang."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the entry hall-
Brian pulled Emilio through the door to the main floor. Lou and Wesley followed with their guns ready.

On the main floor-
Brian led Emilio over to the Mustang. "Time to get back to work," he said. Then he saw Doug's body and his eyes bugged out. He recovered and resumed his repairs on the car.

Lou sat down nearby and kept his shotgun trained on Emilio while Wesley worked on his leg.
OOC,[b]Emilio[/b], please roll Mechanical Repair to assist [b]Brian[/b]. [b]Brian[/b] already rolled and critically succeeded, and he does not need to roll again to resume his work.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the main floor-
Emilio and Brian set to work quickly, and it was second nature to Emilio. The two of them were making swift progress, and they would have the car as good as new in about an hour working together.

"You really know your stuff," said Brian, nodding appreciatively.

Lou watched them work while Wesley continued to stitch him up. In a few minutes he would be done.
OOC,[b]Emilio[/b], please roll Listen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

While working on the Mustang, Emilio hears something over the conversation with Brian. He pauses and says, "Yeah, been a busy bee and picked up a few tricks..."
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the main floor-
Emilio could hear two sets of footsteps approaching from the direction of the entry hall.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Gripping the wrench tightly, Emilio shouts at Brian, "Watch it man! You almost pinched me with that!"
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the main floor-
"Huh?" said Brian, confused. He obviously hadn't heard anything. "No I didn't!"

The footsteps walked through the entry hall and were now approaching the door leading there from the main floor.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Emilio looks at Brian with darkened eyes and pulls his ear on the side facing away from Lou. "Fuck, man! Pop the hood and I´ll check the engine. You´re fucking useless man! Come on - we´ve got to get this ready." He throws the wench on the floor sending it clattering under the Mustang. He walks toward the hood. "Jees-US!" He rolls his eyes at Lou and Wesley.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the main floor-
Ron peeked through the open door from the entry hall with his M4 ready. Darnell was beside him with his pistol in his hand. They could see Emilio and Brian handcuffed together and working on the Mustang, and they seemed to be having an argument. Lou sat on the floor with his shotgun trained on Emilio while Wesley stitched up his wounded leg. Only Emilio seemed to take any notice of their presence so far.

"Look," hissed Brian at Emilio, "whatever you're trying to pull, I want no part of it, understand?"

The bodies of both Doug and Keith lay on the floor where they had been gunned down.
OOC,[b]Ron[/b] and [b]Darnell[/b], please roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d3. Since you've both already lost 1 Sanity for seeing a dead body, you may lose at most 2 more. Any loss of 3 counts as 2 instead. Regardless of the outcome, you may act freely.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”