Page 1 of 1

IC-OMAHA-Prisoners(Keith/Lisa/Emilio/Kate/Brian/Ron/Darnell)

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:17 am
by Mr. Handy
Z-Day - 6:43 PM Central Time - Marley Warehouse, Omaha, Nebraska
On the main floor-
Emilio stepped out onto the warehouse floor. Doug strained to lift Kate, but he couldn't budge her.

"I'll get her," said Lou, slinging her over his shoulder and climbing out. Doug followed right behind him.

Lisa Marley closed the garage bay door behind them as Keith Stewart walked in from an open door on the right, toting an M16. Lisa gasped in shock when she saw that both Emilio and Lou were badly wounded. Emilio's head and stomach were bandaged, and Lou's formerly good leg was all torn up. He walked with a limp. They could see that Kate's leg was broken and in a makeshift splint, and she was no longer wearing a shirt, though she still had on her bra. Lisa showed obvious relief that Doug did not seem to be hurt, at least. He was carrying a handgun.

"We're back, boss, and we brought them both back alive!" called Lou. "The mechanic shot up my leg, and I shot him up pretty good, but Kate kept him alive."

"Why did you take off her shirt?" asked Lisa.

"To get this," said Doug, taking out a Kevlar vest from the minibus. "It'll be loose, but I think it'll fit you, sis."

In the entry hall-
"Bring them all in here!" called Damon. "Looks like Roy's going to have to wait."

Wesley got his medical gear ready.

Brian kept hammering boards into place to blockade the front entrance. He was more than two-thirds done now.

Re: IC-OMAHA-Prisoners(Keith/Lisa/Emilio/Kate/Brian)

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:04 pm
by Dave Syrinx
"OK, where do you want us? And where is Erica? I guess we´re to be joining her as your hostage?" Emilio looks for the Mustang.

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:09 pm
by Tabs
Keith with M-16.

"Good job, Doug."

In reply to Emilio.

"Ho ho, you losers! the tables have turned. You lot should of joined the winning team, like I did.

"By the way, Erica is downstairs in the basement, taking a bath."

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:55 am
by Mr. Handy
On the main floor-
"Thanks, Keith," said Doug. He motioned his gun at Emilio, whose hands were cuffed behind his back, then at the open door on the right. "Through there."

The Mustang was parked next to the VW minibus.

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:16 pm
by Tabs
Keith places the muzzle of his M-16 in Doug's spine, and shoots lead into his guts.

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:48 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,We're now in combat, so [b]Emilio[/b] will need to wait until I tell him it's his turn before he can act. [b]Brian[/b] is currently in the next room, so he is free to react to the gunshots. [b]Keith[/b], this is by no means automatic. [b]Doug[/b] is not about to let you get close enough to press the muzzle against his back, and you will need to make a Rifle roll to hit. Your effective skill is 30%, but you are at point blank range which doubles it to 60%. This is your chance to hit if you fire a single shot. If you fire a three-round burst, you get a +20, which gives you an 80% chance to hit. If you hit, roll 1d3 if you fired a burst to see how many bullets strike [b]Doug[/b]. For each bullet that hits him, please roll 1d20 for hit location and 2d8 for damage.

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:58 am
by Dave Syrinx
Emilio sees the open door and is about to walk through it as his ears are filled with the booming of automatic fire.

Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:40 am
by Duck_and_Cover
Brian flinches at the sound of sudden gunfire. "God dammit! What the hell is goin on now..." Brian mutters while trying to figure out what do. He instinctively grasps for his non-existent gun and curses the guy who took it. He abandons the boards and nails and then runs to find something to hide behind.

Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:42 am
by Tabs
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3005828/]M-16 80% (burst) (1d100=35)[/url]. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3005834/]No. of hits;location;damage (1d3=2, 1d20=10, 2d8=11, 1d3=2, 1d20=17, 2d8=11, 1d3=3, 1d20=16, 2d8=6)[/url]--that's a jumble of numbers! Are they usable? or do you want me to roll--separately--again?
Keith shoots some chunks off of Doug.

"Emilio! Doug's weapon!"

Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:05 am
by Dave Syrinx
Hesitating...
Spoiler:
Spinning around, Emilio tries to kick Doug´s gun out of his hands.
Spoiler:
If that is a viable option....

Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:09 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Emilio[/b], it wasn't your turn to act yet. You may want to do something different based on what happens here. [b]Keith[/b], you only needed to roll 1d3 once, but I can still use those numbers by taking the first 1d3 and the first two hit location and damage rolls.
On the main floor-
One bullet struck Doug in the lower chest, and another blew through his arm and spun him around. He fell to the floor, stone dead.

"Doug!" screamed Lisa when she saw her brother die. A weaker person would have gone to pieces, but she had a very strong mind and she barely held on. Channeling her rage into action, she raced over to Doug's body, getting there ahead of Emilio. She snatched up the shotgun he had taken from Emilio. "BASTARD!" She turned on Keith and blasted him. Keith's arm exploded in a red mist. Blood fountained from his torso as he fell lifeless next to the boy he had just killed. She looked at Keith coldly.
OOC,Okay, [b]Emilio[/b], [i]now[/i] it's your turn. Before you act, roll Sanity for seeing [b]Keith[/b] killed. Sanity loss is 0/1d6. If you lose 5 or more, you must roll Idea as well. If you succeed at the Idea roll, you will go temporarily insane. It's too bad that [b]Keith[/b] died here, but that's the risk when you engage in gunplay. If you're going to cut someone down, it's best to get them alone.
In the entry hall-
The hall was narrow and didn't really have any hiding places or cover. Brian could tell that the gunshots came through the open door to the left that led to the main floor. The front doorway was nearly boarded up, so there was no going that way. The back doorway was wide open, but he would have to go past Damon and Wesley to get to it, and they wouldn't take kindly to it if he ran away. There were several doors lining the right side of the hall. Only one of them, the one Keith had originally come out of, was open. It too was past Damon and Wesley. The two men were running towards the door to the main floor with their guns in hand.

Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:21 am
by Dave Syrinx
Oddly, the handcuffs makes Emilio feel calm about what just passed. Now, he turned his gaze away from the carnage behind him and looks down the stairs again. "Down there was it?" He asks Lou, Damon and Lisa.

Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:49 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Emilio[/b] only has 45 Sanity left (you probably didn't see because of the color change when you hit 50), but you still succeeded wildly. You cannot see any stairs.
In the entry hall-
Damon and Wesley rushed through the open door onto the main floor, leaving Brian alone in the entry hall. He could still hear everything going on in the other room, though he couldn't see it. He was almost done boarding up the front entrance and could finish it if he wanted.

Shortly after that, Lou King entered from the main floor carrying the injured policewoman slung over his shoulder. He was also badly wounded, his leg full of small holes. "Keep working, mon," he said to Brian. "It's over now."

On the main floor-
"No..." moaned Kate, shedding more tears after witnessing the carnage, but she refused to break. Lou, who was carrying her, was also choked up by Doug's sudden assassination, but the tough Jamaican quickly pulled himself together. "Good shooting, Lisa," he managed.

Damon and Wesley burst in through the open door, their guns ready. "Doug, no!" cried Wesley, shaken. He didn't need to be a doctor to see that the boy was dead. He shook his head in sorrow. "Not even the vest saved him."

Damon screamed in anguish, his heart torn. "My son!" he shouted. "Why, Jah?!"

"Keith just shot him down like a dog, Daddy," said Lisa, her eyes full of tears. "I picked up the shotgun and...I killed Keith. I didn't know what else to do."

"You did good, Lisa. I and I am so proud of you. You avenged your brother, and today you're all grown up."

"I don't want to be grown up. I don't want to be a killer. Until today I didn't even know what our family did for a living."

"Lisa, honey, you'll always be my little girl, but we got to be strong to go on without Doug. We only killed those who wronged us. Everything we do, it's just another kind of business. I did it all for you and your brother. One day, everything I have will be yours. Lou, take the lady cop to the entry hall. Mechanic, you go with them, but stop there. You don't go downstairs. Wesley and I, we'll be right behind you. Lisa, you keep that gun, and you put on the lady cop's vest. Help yourself to her belt and get your brother's backpack, too. Then come follow me." He shook his head. "That damn Keith! Darnell was supposed to be watching him. He and I are gonna have to have a little talk."

"Okay, Daddy." Lisa slipped on the bulletproof vest, which hung loosely on her small frame. Then she bent down to retrieve the other things from Doug's body.

"You got it, boss," said Lou, carrying Kate into the entry hall.

Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:57 am
by Dave Syrinx
Mr Handy:
Spoiler:
That´s right, I guess I just checked the dominant colour. Regarding the stairs, or lack of stairs... I assumed there was a flight of stairs on the other side of the door. Guess that´s what happens when you see the scene in your own head, right?
The mechanic follows Lou to the entry hall with Damon right behind him. He watches the Mustang as he leaves the garage.

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:35 pm
by Duck_and_Cover
Brian throws his hands up. "What the hell is happening here? I'd be safer out with those damned monsters outside than in here." Brian yells out as Damon and Wesley rush past him. He walks back towards the car and decides it's better to finish fixing the car then boarding up everything that he could.

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:56 am
by Mr. Handy
On the main floor-
Wesley and Damon followed Emilio into the entry hall, their guns pointed at his back.

Lisa went past Brian as she followed her father to the entry hall. He saw the corpses lying in bloody pools on the floor.

"Where do you think you're going, Brian?!" called Damon. "We need those doorways boarded up!"
OOC,[b]Brian[/b], please roll Sanity on 1d100 for seeing the bodies. Sanity loss is 0/1d3, so you lose no Sanity if your roll is equal to or less than your current Sanity, but you lose 1d3 if it's higher.
In the entry hall-
Emilio entered the hall, followed by the two Jamaicans. There was more bloody carnage here from the gunfight, though some of it had been cleaned up. The hall stretched left to the back door and right to the front door, both of which had been smashed by shotgun blasts. The front doorway was almost entirely boarded up, but the back doorway was wide open. On the opposite wall of the hall was a line of several doors, one of which stood open.

Lisa entered, opened up Doug's backpack, and looked through its contents. She found an opened box of shotgun shells and began to reload her shotgun.

"Maybe this guy can help with the barricades and then fixing up the car," said Lou, limping badly.

"Might as well get some use out of him," said Damon. "Lisa, give Lou the handcuff key from the belt. Wesley, do what you can for Lou's leg." He tried to take Kate from Lou's hands, but he wasn't strong enough to carry her alone. "Lisa, give me a hand with her."

The girl handed a small key to Lou and then joined her father. With Lisa's help, the two of them were barely able to carry her.

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:43 pm
by Dave Syrinx
"Yes, cut me loose, will you1" "Get me a hammer and some nails and we´ll be safe from them walkers in no time." Emilio turns so his back cuffed arms face Lou.

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:32 pm
by Duck_and_Cover
Brian saw the bodies on the floor and flinched. His jaw tightened and he clenched his fists. This could have been him. Brian slowly unclenched his fists but his head was pounding and he could feel a headache coming. "Yea yea fine. I'll get to the windows. When do I get my gun back? Seems shit like this happens alot near you all and next time I don't want to be dicking around sitting on my thumb." Brian walked towards the windows with the intention of finishing boarding them up.

Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 3:26 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,It's the doors you're boarding up, not the windows - there are none in this hall. The doors were both blown down by shotgun blasts during the attack early in this chapter.
In the entry hall-
"When I'm sure I can trust you," said Damon as Brian returned. "Keith got his hands on a gun somehow, and he killed one of my children with it. I'm not about to give a stranger a chance to kill my other child. But I will give you some responsibility. You keep an eye on him." He pointed at Emilio. "Finish boarding up the doorways with him, then work on the Mustang when you're done. Lou and Wesley will be watching in case anyone gets any funny ideas. Do a good job, and you'll get your piece back afterwards." He gave Emilio a cold look. "You better be a good boy, or not only will you pay for it, but Kate will too. Lou, cuff him to Brian." He and Lisa carried Kate through the open door.

"Just do as they say, Emilio," said Kate. "I'll be fine." Then the door closed behind her.

Lou nodded and motioned for Brian to stand next to Emilio so he could remove the cuff from Emilio left arm and attach it to Brian's. "There's a toolbox with hammer and nails by the front door where Brian left them. Should only take you a minute to finish up. Then you can get the back."

Wesley opened up his medical bag and did an excellent job of bandaging Lou's leg, stopping the bleeding adequately enough. "He shot you up pretty good, mon," said the sawbones. "Still, it could have been worse."

In the storage room-
"Daddy, you're not going to hurt her, are you?" asked Lisa as Damon locked the door behind him.

"That depends on her - and on Emilio," he said. "She's the one who killed Malcolm, so don't feel too bad for her."

"I'm sorry," said Kate. "We were just trying to save Erica. I didn't want anyone to get hurt."

"Erica's just fine. Since you're so worried about her, I'll take you to her."

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 4:17 am
by Mr. Handy
In the entry hall-
While Emilio stood next to Brian, Lou deftly unlocked the cuff on his left wrist and snapped it onto Brian's left wrist, locking the two men together. Wesley kept his pistol trained on them to ensure there was no funny business. "Good," said Lou. "Now get to work." He slid down the wall he was leaning on and held his shotgun pointed their way.

Brian and Emilio were able to finish boarding up the front entrance using the tools and nails Brian had left there. Meanwhile, Wesley continued treating Lou's wounded leg, stitching it up fairly well. "Good," said Lou again. "Get the back next."
OOC,Why haven't either of you posted? Both of you, please roll Mechanical Repair if you comply and start boarding up the rear entrance.
In the storage room-
Damon and Lisa carried Kate down below.

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:44 am
by Dave Syrinx
Trying to do a decent team job, Emilio nails the entrance boards - ensuring some protection. "Now what?"
He turns and meets the muzzle of the shotgun, once again.

ooc:
Spoiler:
Reasons for slacking / slipping: The usual RL interferences, work, fixing broken computers, kids, plain laziness and watching too many episodes of various TV-series. My bad.

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:23 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,That's okay, and welcome back! It'll take several minutes to finish boarding up the back entrance. It will go faster if [b]Brian[/b] succeeds too, but it still won't be finished right away.

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:04 pm
by Dave Syrinx
ooc:
Spoiler:
:D Thanks, will make an attempt to break the 4K posts barrier this weekend! Rebuilt my neighbor´s toasted PC with scrap parts from three derelict ones. Ended up with a SATA drive on 160GB, 2,7Ghz P4, 768Mb mem, DVD burner and a Dell optiplex 170L case.

The grass is growing in our garden, screaming to get moved down. I hate that!

Contacted Raiko to email Lee Carnell regarding the login thingy. Apparently POC and Gary might fix the password for Lee... We´ll see how that goes.

I also had a reply from Kenneth Scroggins (The Man in Black) of Delta Green, regarding putting his site Anomalies up on a new site. It had The Emerald Hammer on it as well as a number of DG campaigns along with maps and art. I got approval to do that and will set up a forum for things gone missing. (I have a habit of finding things "which are almost gone", thinking of naming the forum along those lines.

POC finally added the scenario I scavenged from David S Moore. Have a look at it if you like, it would suit fine as an additional chapter to Masks of Nyarlathothep and something to completely throw the investigators off track as they probably have some forehand knowledge of what will happen in the UK.
The era is modern but the story tracks back to the early twenties at least.

So, besides not being active on the forums, I´v been planning other game related activities. It´s fun but can be a drag as I´m no master at time management. To cope with that I´m wrapping up the Arizona scenario, giving the survivors a way out and an opportunity to continue a new scenario in the future. I´m thinking of something along the lines, take the cash from the bank robberies and move to a less hostile climate. Away from all troubles. I´ll put some effort on the ending and let the game lay to rest. It all started out so fine...

The Resident Evil scenario will continue. Just have to find that un-pause button!

The game I started at Umbria set in Antarctica will have to thaw as the players have been hanging since Easter. Darn RL!

/Dave

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:46 am
by Mr. Handy
In the entry hall-
Brian assisted Emilio ably enough. They began boarding up the gaping rear entrance under the watchful eyes and shotgun barrel of Lou while Wesley continued working on his leg.
OOC,It will take four more turns to finish boarding up the back, including this one. [b]Lisa[/b] is moving to the thread linked below. Her player, if she ever gets one, should stop reading the current thread at this point and should not read any posts in the new thread above the one in the link. All other characters remain in the current thread.
Bad to the Bone

Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:05 pm
by Dave Syrinx
"OK, we´re nearly done here. Then, where do you need us?" Emilio makes sure the boarding up is good enough, hoping it would resist any intruders´ attempts on getting to them. Remembering the scene from the gym, he doubts these boards will help much. He puts the hammer in the lining of his pants, raises his hands, palms up front. "Done."

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 1:16 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,You're not done yet! As I said, it will take four more turns, including this one, to finish.

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:16 am
by Dave Syrinx
Examining the job done so far, Emilo gets to it and works on. Some places need reinforcement to function as decent protection. If they had something more unbreakable than wood, the end result would be even better. " Do you have sheet metal laying around around here? We could reinforce the barrier with that - or even concrete steel mesh would suit fine."

Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:30 am
by Mr. Handy
In the entry hall-
"I'm sure we got something like that around here," said Lou. "Don't know where, exactly. Damon will, and he can tell us where to find it when he gets back. Keep working, you're doing a fine job. Once the entrances are blocked off, you two can work on fixing the Mustang. When that's done, you can also patch up that bullet hole your cop friend put in our minibus. That should take some hours, and then we'll find somewhere for you two to sleep."
OOC,It will take three more turns to finish, including this one.

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:54 am
by Mr. Handy
In the entry hall-
"My name's Brian Stevenson," Brian said to Emilio as they worked. "You're a pretty good mechanic too. What's your story?"
OOC,It will take two more turns to finish, including this one.

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:05 pm
by Dave Syrinx
"Emilio Montoya, mechanic.l Was working for the Lubacheck´s when all hell broke lose. Had a plan to get that baby out of town." He points at the Mustang and sighs. "Too bad I wrecked it at the school and managed to get it stolen before I could leave... But hey, now I´ve found her." He continues fixing and trixing with the boards as well as some reinforcements of wire mesh.

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:57 am
by Mr. Handy
In the entry hall-
Emilio and Brian couldn't see onto the main floor of the warehouse where the car was from here, but Emilio was able to get his point across by indicating the door.

"The Mustang?" said Brian. "Yeah, she's one sweet ride. The damage doesn't look too bad. I've already made a good start on repairing it. I'm sure we'll have her restored to top condition before long."

"You best not get any ideas," said Lou King while Wesley worked on his leg, which was halfway stitched up at this point. "That car belongs to Damon now."
OOC,You can finish boarding up the back this turn.

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:32 am
by Mr. Handy
In the entry hall-
Emilio and Brian finished boarding up the back entrance.

"Good job," said Lou, standing with help from Wesley. "Let's all move back to the main floor. Now you can work on the Mustang."

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:52 am
by Mr. Handy
In the entry hall-
Brian pulled Emilio through the door to the main floor. Lou and Wesley followed with their guns ready.

On the main floor-
Brian led Emilio over to the Mustang. "Time to get back to work," he said. Then he saw Doug's body and his eyes bugged out. He recovered and resumed his repairs on the car.

Lou sat down nearby and kept his shotgun trained on Emilio while Wesley worked on his leg.
OOC,[b]Emilio[/b], please roll Mechanical Repair to assist [b]Brian[/b]. [b]Brian[/b] already rolled and critically succeeded, and he does not need to roll again to resume his work.

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:28 pm
by Mr. Handy
On the main floor-
Emilio and Brian set to work quickly, and it was second nature to Emilio. The two of them were making swift progress, and they would have the car as good as new in about an hour working together.

"You really know your stuff," said Brian, nodding appreciatively.

Lou watched them work while Wesley continued to stitch him up. In a few minutes he would be done.
OOC,[b]Emilio[/b], please roll Listen.

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:26 pm
by Dave Syrinx
While working on the Mustang, Emilio hears something over the conversation with Brian. He pauses and says, "Yeah, been a busy bee and picked up a few tricks..."

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:49 pm
by Mr. Handy
On the main floor-
Emilio could hear two sets of footsteps approaching from the direction of the entry hall.

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:57 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Gripping the wrench tightly, Emilio shouts at Brian, "Watch it man! You almost pinched me with that!"

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:22 am
by Mr. Handy
On the main floor-
"Huh?" said Brian, confused. He obviously hadn't heard anything. "No I didn't!"

The footsteps walked through the entry hall and were now approaching the door leading there from the main floor.

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:11 am
by Dave Syrinx
Emilio looks at Brian with darkened eyes and pulls his ear on the side facing away from Lou. "Fuck, man! Pop the hood and I´ll check the engine. You´re fucking useless man! Come on - we´ve got to get this ready." He throws the wench on the floor sending it clattering under the Mustang. He walks toward the hood. "Jees-US!" He rolls his eyes at Lou and Wesley.

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:55 pm
by Mr. Handy
On the main floor-
Ron peeked through the open door from the entry hall with his M4 ready. Darnell was beside him with his pistol in his hand. They could see Emilio and Brian handcuffed together and working on the Mustang, and they seemed to be having an argument. Lou sat on the floor with his shotgun trained on Emilio while Wesley stitched up his wounded leg. Only Emilio seemed to take any notice of their presence so far.

"Look," hissed Brian at Emilio, "whatever you're trying to pull, I want no part of it, understand?"

The bodies of both Doug and Keith lay on the floor where they had been gunned down.
OOC,[b]Ron[/b] and [b]Darnell[/b], please roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d3. Since you've both already lost 1 Sanity for seeing a dead body, you may lose at most 2 more. Any loss of 3 counts as 2 instead. Regardless of the outcome, you may act freely.

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:17 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Emilio stops when Brian holds him back. "Just want to check the engine, right?" He looks at Lou. "You want this to run, right? You want me to check the engine as well? Can you pop the hood? Hard to do it while cuffed like this... Anything is hard when tied together." Emilio lifts his free hand in despair.

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:18 pm
by ryansommer
Handy,Sorry about that. I figured his sanity was higher than that and I did not check. I have edited my post to coincide with his sanity loss.
The sight of the bodies brings Ron back to the terrible sight of the initial fire fight and the violence that took place. Ron's mind broke but only a little. Ron could not let these beasts hurt anyone else.
Handy,I plan to have Ron open fire this round but before I do, I want to make sure I have the rules straight. If she shoots a burst, does he roll for each bullet? Is he at point blank range? Can he lean around the door frame and shoot to use the door frame for cover?

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:27 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Ron[/b] has 40 Sanity currently, so that roll fails. Please roll 1d3 for Sanity loss.

Re: IC-OMAHA-Prisoners(Keith/Lisa/Emilio/Kate/Brian/Ron/Darnell)

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:05 pm
by ryansommer
OOC: I edited my post above.

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:19 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,If you shoot a burst, you make one Rifle roll. The burst will be a 3-round burst, but it will give you a +20 bonus. You are not at point blank range right now, and the base skill is considered to be 30%, so you'd have a 50% chance. If you hit, roll 1d3 to see how many bullets hit your target. For each one, roll 1d20 for a hit location and 2d8 for damage. You can lean around the door frame and shoot, but you'd be exposing yourself to return fire if you do so. The amount of cover you have is not enough to reduce their chances to hit.

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:17 pm
by ryansommer
Ron left off a short burst that peppered the floor around Lou. "Drop your weapons or the next burst will fill you full of lead, mother fucker!" Ron shouted.

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:49 am
by Mr. Handy
On the main floor-
Darnell leaned around the other side of the door and put a bullet into Lou King. It blew through his side, but it didn't hurt him too badly. He twisted around and took hasty aim at Ron with his shotgun. The buckshot struck him in the leg and blew it clean off! The coach fell, bleeding to death. Wesley fumbled for his revolver, startled. Brian tried to scramble behind the Mustang for cover.
OOC,[b]Ron[/b], you are currently at 0 HP. You will die at the end of the round after this one unless someone successfully applies First Aid to you by then. [b]Darnell[/b], I rolled for your first shot since you haven't acted. You may fire your second shot now. [b]Emilio[/b], you may also act now, but if you want to move towards anyone else, you will need to succeed at a STR vs. STR roll on the Resistance Table, as [b]Brian[/b] is trying to move in the opposite direction and you are cuffed together. Your STR is 11 and his is 15, which gives you a 30% chance to drag him along. Then it will be [b]Wesley[/b]'s turn.

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:11 am
by Dave Syrinx
Emilio tugs at the bond between him and Brian to somehow overpower the thugs. However, he doesn´t have the strength to gain any ground. Seeing yet another attempt to get free being blown to pieces makes his mind sink. He then starts for cover behind the Mustang along with Brian.

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:20 pm
by ryansommer
OOC,Okay. Well, shoot. I was hoping old Darnell would hear me tell them to drop their weapons as no one knows I actually intended to hit them. Oh well, Ron tried.

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:21 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Darnell[/b] fired a split second after you did, before you even had a chance to realize that you'd missed. Luckily, he gets a second shot this round. Unluckily, he only has a 20% chance to hit.

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:00 am
by Dave Syrinx
Spoiler:
Emilio will, when time allows, look for anything worthy of using as a club. He will resort to punch anyone who sneaks up behind the Mustang. He hisses to Brian "Get ready to take them down if they get over here..."

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:56 am
by Mr. Handy
On the main floor-
Darnell fired again, but his wild shot didn't even come close. "Coach!" he cried.

Behind the Mustang, Emilio looked through the tools. There were a few that could serve as clubs, including a sturdy wrench, but they were all fairly small. There was nothing in plain sight that was larger, but anything that big would have to be wielded in two hands anyway, which would be awkward as long as he was cuffed to Brian.

Wesley finally drew his pistol and fired from the hip, but his first shot was just as bad.
OOC,[b]Emilio[/b], you may roll Spot Hidden. The wrench and some of the other tools qualify as Small Clubs, but the base skill in that is only 25%. Your Large Club skill would use a two-handed club, but the cuffs would cause a significant penalty. [b]Darnell[/b], it is your turn to act. If you want to fire again, you get one shot now and one later in the round. However, [b]Ron[/b] will die at the end of this round unless someone successfully applies First Aid to him. If you succeed, he gets back 1d3 HP and regains consciousness. He is currently at 0.

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:41 am
by Dave Syrinx
"We got to help him... He´s dying on us. And...that´s just the beginning of bad." Emilio hisses to Brian. He abandons any thought of a melee weapon and intends to use his hands to do harm - or to stop the bleeding of the coach.

"Hold your fire, I´m going to stabilize him."
Emilio gets up behind his cover and stretches his free arm up while tugging at Brian to follow him.

ooc:
Spoiler:

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:39 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Emilio[/b], you may roll Fast Talk to try to get [b]Brian[/b] to go with you. The base skill is 5%. If you succeed, you may then try First Aid.

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:14 pm
by Dave Syrinx
"Get up, man! We gotta go..." Emilio doesn´t really get through to Brian...

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:35 pm
by Mr. Handy
On the main floor-
"Are you nuts, man?" asked Brian. "You've seen how they shoot anyone who screws with them. Stay down!"

Seeing Coach Ron Moore bleeding out, Darnell did the only thing he could. He dropped his pistol and tried his best to save his mentor's life, but his best wasn't good enough. "Help him!" he begged. "Look, I give up! Just don't let him die!"

Lou and Wesley approached. While Lou kept his shotgun trained on Darnell, Wesley snatched up his dropped pistol and Ron's M4 and. 45, slinging the carbine on his back, then setting the safety on the Beretta and sticking both pistols into his belt. He knelt over Ron and got to work, barely bringing the coach back from the brink of death. Ron was still extremely weak from lack of blood, but he was conscious again. Still, it wouldn't take much to finish him off if the Jamaicans decided to do it.

"You be real sorry you mess with we," snarled Lou. "We should kill you right now, but that's up to Damon." He called back to Emilio and Brian. "Get back to work, you two! It's over!"

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:17 pm
by Dave Syrinx
To Brian, Emilio says "Let´s get that hood up ya! Mad - you want to see mad? Pop it and come with me to the front." To Lou and Wesley he just mutters "yeah ya..."

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:22 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Darnell began to cry

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:10 pm
by ryansommer
OOC: I am unsubscribing from this as Ron is dead.

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:35 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Ron[/b] is not dead. He survived. Read my update carefully. [b]Wesley[/b] barely saved his life, and he now has 1 HP left.

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:42 pm
by Mr. Handy
On the main floor-
Brian nodded numbly and got back to work with Emilio. "Jeez, did you see that?" he said, shaking his head. "He just blew that guy's leg off! I'm amazed he survived that."

Lou kept Ron and Darnell covered with his shotgun. Ron could still feel the pain in his leg, but he could see that his leg was no longer attached to his hip. It lay a few feet away. Wesley had just finished tying a tourniquet around his bloody stump. Then he went over to Lou and tried to extract the bullet from his fresh wound, but it was in too deep.

"Both of you drop the rest of your weapons!" snarled Lou at Darnell and Ron. "All of them! Try anything else or try to hold anything back, and you're a dead mon."
OOC,[b]Ron[/b], please roll Sanity for losing your leg. Sanity loss is 0/1d10.

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:27 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Darnell dropped all of his weapons and raised his hands.

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:13 am
by Mr. Handy
On the main floor-
Darnell dropped his baseball bat and baseballs, which Wesley moved out of reach. He also finished disarming Ron while Lou moved to a spot where he could see everyone and kept him covered, taking away and moving aside his bow, arrows, and saber. He also found three magazines for the pistol, which he pocketed.

"We is going to wait here until these two finish fixing our car," said Lou. "Then we take you two and Emilio down below and lock you up for the night. Damon will decide your fate."

Brian and Emilio continued working on the car. They would probably be finished in an hour or so. "You okay, man?" Brian asked Emilio, who seemed to be stunned into silence by what had just transpired.

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:00 am
by Dave Syrinx
"Yes, just that this car seems to need more work than I anticipated. But it might be best if we try the easiest way to get this fixed. Patch it together and see how far it takes us. If it breaks down again, we´ll have to fix it properly... You know what I mean, man?" Emilio got refreshed by hearing he wouldn´t get shot as soon he´d be finished working on the Mustang. To see how Kate had been coping would be good.

Working with the engine, he tunes the gas to cram out maximum power from the motor. Satisfied with the result, he starts to close the hood. But not before has loosened the fuel injection hose clam - so it will vibrate free of its hold and shut down sometime soon.

Then on to the next part that needs fixing.

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:33 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
OCC: Is anyone watching Darnell closely or can he try to get away?

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:39 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,You'd better believe they're watching you closely, and [b]Lou[/b] is still pointing his shotgun at you.

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:59 am
by Mr. Handy
On the main floor-
Emilio's act of sabotage didn't last long. Brian easily saw the problem and fixed it without a second thought in the course of his repair work. Emilio was lucky that his captors hadn't noticed what he had done. Come to think of it, Kate was lucky too. He recalled Damon's veiled threat to take any disobediance on his part out on her. He had brought all of this on through his rash frontal assault on the warehouse during which Kate had been wounded. He had tried to help her escape, but they had been recaptured in the end, and they were lucky they were both still alive. Likewise, Ron still clung to life after his and Darnell's failed attempt to kill the Jamaicans, and now the two of them were prisoners as well. They were lucky they hadn't been killed, though Ron would never be the same again now that one of his legs was gone. The day had been long and grueling, but it was at long last coming to a close. They had survived the first day, but what horrors would tomorrow bring?
OOC,Congratulations on surviving Chapter 6! It will probably be a few weeks before Chapter 7 starts, but in the meantime you may continue to post. Chapter 7 will pick up the following morning. If there's anything you plan to do tonight besides sleep (and finish fixing the Mustang), let me know here.

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:23 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Emilio will continue fixing the Mustang, not pursuing any attempts to sabotage it... He will then, should there be time left, catch some shut eye.

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:19 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,The story continues in the Omaha section of Chapter 7. [b]Brian[/b] is moving to the following thread.
Posse
OOC,[b]Ron[/b], [b]Darnell[/b], and [b]Emilio[/b] are moving to the following thread.
Locked Up