IC-OMAHA-Person of Interest(Amelia/Johns/Gretch/Jerry/etc.)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Person of Interest(Amelia/Johns/Gretch/Jerry/etc.)

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Rachel[/b], please roll Medicine. The base skill is 5%. Anyone else who wishes to examine the body may roll Medicine as well.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald wasn't much of a medic, so he kept the others covered in the event that the Feds (or whatever they were) returned. He vigilantly moved around, keeping his senses open for any signs of someone approaching.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3114852/]Medicine (1d100=98)[/url]
Rachel hasn't a clue about what did for John Lee. In fact, she is unsure whether he is really dead.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

Jerry looks with caution to be sure that agents aren't really there.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the street-
Donald could see no activity. Jerry barely caught sight of the two agents fleeing on foot about a block to the west. They were moving very fast and rapidly disappearing.

Amelia looked John Lake over. While he was obviously in poor health, he showed no signs of physical injury and she had no clue how to even begin treating him. She shook him hard by the shoulders, and he suddenly snapped out of his reverie.

"What the hell just happened?" he asked.

"I was hoping you could tell us," said Amelia, frowning.

"Those two FBI agents...I don't know how they did it, but somehow they paralyzed us. Then they killed John Lee in the same bizarre way. That's when Jerry showed up and tried to stop them. The man took my gun. When you escaped with Jerry, they fled. We couldn't do a damn thing."

Jack followed Amelia's example and shook Gretchen, who came to her senses as well.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Well, at least you are alive. But I'm worried that those two are outside in the city.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Well, they're no threat now," Donald said and pointed the shotgun to the ground. He went over to John's body and started searching the boy for any sort of clues as to why they would have wanted him dead. "Does anyone know CPR? Maybe we can bring him back?"
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Rachel looks concerned.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the street-
Gretchen went over to John Lee's body and held his wrist. "No pulse," she said, "and he's been dead several minutes already. It's too late for CPR." She stood up and approached Jerry. "At least you're alive too, but you have been shot. Let me help you." She skillfully removed the bullet and stitched up the wound very well. "A good night's rest and you'll be fine."

Donald searched John Lee's body. All he found was a wallet containing a student ID from a college in Cheyenne, a Wyoming driver's license, some useless credit cards, and some equally useless cash. He did notice that the backpack he had once worn was gone. The FBI agents had taken it from him back at the school.

"Sun's going down," said Jack, pointing to the west. While they had been talking, the sun had dropped below the horizon. There was still light for now, but it would be dark soon.

"You guys should get back to the school," said John Lake, having tried and failed to do anything about his invisible injuries. "Gretchen and I will go on to the police station and tell them what happened." He shrugged. "Maybe they'll even believe us. Besides, I don't have a weapon any more, and I can get a replacement there. We should also bring the body there so that they can perform an autopsy."

"You should be safe at the school," said Gretchen. "There are too many people there for anyone to try anything, and I'm sure Rachel can see to your defense. I'd recommend hunkering down for the night and getting some rest. I'll come by to check on everyone in the morning."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald nodded, taking the student ID and handing the driver's license to John Lake, "Proof of ID... good as a dog tag on the toe, I suppose."

He started heading back toward the school, "I'll get back to work on that old school bus."
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Rachel nods, like Donald, and tags along with the caretaker.

ooc,I'm away for a week.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-So there outside worst things than the zombies. Humans and not humans. Let's return to the school and good luck to you.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the street-
"Good luck to you too," said Gretchen. She and John Lake picked up John Lee's body and began the long walk west to the police station while the others headed east. Before long, the school was once more in sight. It had been a terrible day, and while the dead had somehow been dealt with, there was a strange new threat at large. They had survived the first day, but what horrors would tomorrow bring?
OOC,Congratulations on surviving Chapter 6! It will probably be a few weeks before Chapter 7 starts, but in the meantime you may continue to post. Chapter 7 will pick up the following morning. If there's anything you plan to do tonight besides sleep (and finish fixing the bus), let me know here.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The story continues in the Omaha section of Chapter 7, in the following thread.
Dawn
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”