IC-GOLD-Fresh Blood(Everyone else)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-GOLD-Fresh Blood(Everyone else)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kathryn gets up and looks out a window. Moving away from Barbara she says, "Thanks for the kind words. I´ll look for the good apples out there. Somehow, it´s hard to judge on the fly."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the women's area-
"It sure is," said Barbara to Kathryn with a smile. "I still haven't found Mr. Right, but I'm sure he's out there somewhere. There's a lot less guys to choose from than there were yesterday, though."

There were no windows in the intake area. The only exit was the doorway through which Kathryn had entered, and she had to peek around the curtains to see it. The orange-suited guards were visible just outside, but she couldn't see much else.

"I think the best thing you can do right now is get a good night's sleep, ma'am," Claire told Emily. "We'll bring you back to the women's ward with the other female civilians here. There's one woman still back there, Lt. Rebecca Doolittle. She was a helicopter co-pilot whose chopper crashed. She survived without getting injured too badly, but she's pretty shaken up by her whole ordeal. She wants to get back into the air as soon as she can, and we can use qualified pilots, so all of us want her in peak condition ASAP. She's probably asleep right now, but maybe you could talk with her in the morning. Other than that, just help any of the women who need you. It's quite possible some of them will have trouble sleeping. We have sedatives available if needed, too."

Claire went over to Cynthia next and gave her a complete exam. "You look fine to me, ma'am," she said. "How are you feeling?"

"Okay, I guess," said Cynthia. "I mean, I've seen people die and nothing will ever be the same again, but I'm still alive, and I'm safe at last."

Claire nodded. "I think you're going to be fine. Okay, ladies, let's all go to the women's ward. Please follow me."

In the men's area-
"I don't think there's anything we really need you for at the moment," Lt. Gomez said to Keith.

"Captain, maybe I should start taking the men who have already been cleared back to the ward," suggested Airman Tom Wu. "The other civilians who were here before could come with me too if they want."

Marcus could see that Kyle Perkins wasn't too badly hurt, and he was able to finish patching the youth up. Kyle was in excellent health otherwise, very big and strong, and showed no signs of having been bitten or anything of the sort. He was sad due to the loss of his parents and was a bit disturbed after his experiences, but who wasn't? He seemed to be holding up okay, however.

Captain Johansen examined Ho Nguyen, who looked pretty healthy and seemed to be of sound mind.

Lt. Gomez looked over Alfredo Bocelli, who was not injured and appeared to be about as sane as anyone else.
OOC,[b]Captain Johansen[/b] and [b]Airman Winters[/b], only [b]Harvey Bennish[/b] and [b]Hector Salazar[/b] remain to be examined. Each of you, please choose a patient and make Medicine and Psychology rolls.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

In the Women's Area-
"A good night sleep would be great" Emily said. "Once I find my daughter, Lauren, we'll head to the womens ward and catch some sleep."

In the Men's Area-
"Okay" said Keith. "Just let me know when I can help."
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen examines Hector. The stress of the day was getting to him and though he managed the medical examination he couldn't ascertain his soundness of mind.
Wryce
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Post by Wryce »

Winters moves over to Harvey Bennish, wiping a bit of sweat from his brow. He was a bit distracted while he checked over the man.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kathryn waits for them to be brought to the women´s ward. She finds a chair and takes a seat beside Cynthia and waits. "We got here at last, Cyn." She looks the dancer in the eyes and checks for some hope.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the women's area-
"I'm here, Mom," said Lauren, quickly at her mother's side.

Cynthia smiled at Kathryn. "Yes, we finally made it," she said. "At last we're safe, and we can start over." She walked arm in arm with Kathryn.

"This way, please," said Claire, leading all of the female medical personnel as well as the civilians past the curtain and through the intake area.
OOC,All female characters are moving to the thread linked below. Please stop reading the current thread at this point, and do not read any posts in the new thread above the one in the link. All male characters remain in the current thread.
Ladies' Night

In the men's area-
Both Harvey and Hector appeared to be of sound minds and bodies, as far as Captain Johansen and Marcus Winters could ascertain.

"That's everyone," said Lt. Oscar Gomez. "Shall we move the patients to the men's ward now, sir?" he asked the captain.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen nods. Let's go.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the men's isolation ward-
Captain Johansen led all of the men through the operating room on the other side of the double doors and then through another set of swinging double doors on the left to the men's ward. There were eight curtained alcoves in a row, as well as several cots lining the hall that went through the ward. Each alcove had an empty bed.

"We don't have enough alcoves for everyone," said Lt. Gomez. "Frankly, we weren't expecting to have so many people show up. We've got these extra cots here for everyone else, though. Civilians and those with injuries have priority for the curtained alcoves. It's almost 2330 hours. All of you should get sleep while you can. We'll wake you up at 0600, and then breakfast will be served in the cafeteria. If you want something to eat or drink now, we can get you rations and water. If you have any medical needs, or if you just want to talk, we're here to help."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Ho Nguyen clears his throat. Can I get food and drink?
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Keith watched the newcomer settle into cots and get comfortable before approaching Cpt. Johansen: "Sir" he said, " permission to get some shut eye too unless you'd like me to pull guard duty or some other task?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"No problem, sir," said Lt. Oscar Gomez to Ho. "Wu, go down to the mess and bring back rations and water. Does anyone else want him to bring back something while he's there? Captain, I think the civilians should get some sleep. Today has been exhausting, and tomorrow isn't likely to be much better. They're going to need the rest."

"Yes, sir," Tom Wu said to Lt. Gomez. He paused on his way out in case anyone else wanted food or drink.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Keith found a spare cot, or a patch of ground to pull up and he laid down to catch some shut eye.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Tom Wu headed off to the cafeteria to retrieve water and rations for Ho Nguyen.
OOC,There's a very good chance that something interesting will happen later on, depending on what happens in a different thread, so I can't move things along here yet. You may need to wait a while for that. When I am ready to advance to the morning, that will mark the end of Chapter 6. Feel free to talk or interact with each other and/or the NPCs in the meantime.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Keith will sleep and get rest.
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen nods at Gomez. Good idea. He addresses the civilians. Before you get some rest, however, I would like to ask you a few questions. We haven't had much contact with the outside of the base, what is the situation outside of the gates right now? Were there other military units operating, and does anyone know of a cause?
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Keith sits up in his bunk: "I'm not sure I know much, sir. My family and some others met up with another group of survivors as some of your Air Force personnel were being attacked at the motel. I've heard rumors that the folks at the motel were in contact with others cross the country who were experiencing the same attacks."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I've told you the cause, sir," said Senior Airman Roger Coltrane. "It's the aliens. They did this somehow, they must have."

"The women might know more," said Joey Milano. "Kathryn McCoy had a run-in with some National Guard types and salvaged some of their equipment."

"I met a couple of the good soldiers," said Kyle. "There was Alvarez, who only had one leg. Then he had no legs when he got killed. The other guy was named Flynn. I think he was a pilot. He's dead too."

"There was a corporal named Gardner that went rogue," said Alfredo. "We haven't seen any other military ourselves, and your guess about the cause is as good as ours."

"I was outside the gates in the chopper when it went down, sir," said Derek Morrison. "There were about half a dozen infected pursuing the civilians, but they were eliminated. The exploding chopper destroyed the gates and kiled most of the SFs guarding them, but they sent reinforcements to hold them and engineers to set up a barricade. Luckily most of the infected are coming from Cheyenne, to the east."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen nods as he absorbs the information. Just those few National Guardsmen? I'd expect more to be deployed. What about law enforcement or emergency services?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Law what?" asked Kyle.

"He means cops," said Joey. "And emergency services would be firefighters and paramedics. My group hasn't seen any."

"Me neither," said Kyle, "And there were just those couple of soldiers I saw." He furrowed his brow. "I think Kathryn said there were cops at the airfield where she worked."

"Maybe there were more National Guardsmen," said Duncan. "Maybe the rest of them got killed."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”