IC-GOLD-Fresh Blood(Everyone else)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-GOLD-Fresh Blood(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 10:49 PM Mountain Time - Warren Air Force Base, west of Cheyenne, Wyoming
In the parking lot-
Emily, Kathryn, Lauren, and Kyle emerged from the back of the Stryker first. Billy Roberts then helped Derek Morrison climb out, and finally Cynthia and Ho emerged. They found that the other Stryker was parked behind theirs, and Joey Milano and the others had gotten out of it. They found themselves in a large parking lot surrounded by two rings of razor wire, except for a narrow gated corridor. Warning signs were posted indicating that land mines were placed between the rings. The building before them was much larger than any mere house. The main entrance had no doors, and concrete overhanged the area in front of it. Figures in orange Racal suits who were toting M-16s were also standing guard in front of it.

People in orange Racal suits were also coming outside from the main entrance. Lieutenants Sara Evans, Oscar Gomez, and Barbara Ellison had come outside, along with Airman Marcus Winters. They saw the motley groups that were getting out of the two Strykers. One of the people was already wearing a Racal suit. Another wore the uniform of a Staff Sergeant and was very badly wounded. The rest were civilians. One was a big, strapping young man with blond hair. With him were a pretty dark-haired girl in her late teens, and a woman who looked a lot like her but twenty years older. All three had cuts and bruises, but their injuries didn't seem too bad. Accompanying them was a beautiful young blonde wearing a red halter top and black miniskirt. Her left arm was bandaged. Behind them were an older man who looked to be from Southeast Asia and a lithe, gorgeous young lady. Five tough-looking men had gotten out of the other Stryker. One looked handsome, with Italian features. Another Italian-looking man was scarred, though his injuries were anything but recent. There was also a mean-looking Hispanic man, along with a very good-looking, charming man in his forties. There was also a nervous-looking man with glasses who looked very out of place among the rest of them.

In the intake area-
Captain Kelleher and the others remained in the intake area while the nurses and Airman Winters went out to meet the civilians.

"Keep me updated," said Johansen's voice on the radio.

"Will do, Captain," replied Major Stone. "Stone out."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Wryce
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Re: IC-GOLD-Fresh Blood(Everyone else)

Post by Wryce »

Winters approaches the group of civilians and begins to assess the injuries of the group, particularly the Staff Sargent.

"My name is Airman Marcus Winters, I am a medic and I will be assisting you. If you can walk on your own power, please move to the main entrance. If you have any serious injuries or other medical concerns that are not immediately obvious, or if any of you have come into direct contact with the infected, speak up now!"
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Ho nervously moves towards the main entrance. I get escalade back, right?
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Sara Evens helped guide the group to the main entrance
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kathryn lets herself be lead inside.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

Emily grabed the hands of Kyle and Lauren and walked with them towards the enterence.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the parking lot-
Marcus saw that Staff Sergeant Derek Morrison had by far the worst injuries. They were not life-threatening, though they probably had been at one point. He had already been given very good treatment, and there appeared to be little else that could be done for him. All of his injuries looked like they were caused by the helicopter crash, and he showed no sign of having been bitten. The group of four people that had emerged first could certainly use treatment. The lovely blonde had already had ample aid. He wouldn't be able to tell what the nature of her injuries was until her bandages were removed to change the dressing, but that would be the responsibility of the female medical personnel. The other two women and the big man with her had various cuts and bruises. The handsome, suave Italian man had a gunshot wound, as did the man in his forties, but both had been thoroughly treated already.

"The Escalade is mine, remember," Joey told Ho. "You left your truck back at your store. I'm sure it's in much better shape than my vehicle."

Lauren and Kyle went inside with Emily and Kathryn. Lt. Sara Evans and the other nurses helped them, the other civilians, and Derek inside. Only Marcus remained outside with the SF troopers guarding the entrance. They closed the rear hatches on the two Strykers, which pulled out and headed for the gated corridor leading out.

In the intake area-
The new arrivals took in the large room around them. It was divided into three sections. A narrow section led all the way to the back of the room, where there was a pair of swinging double doors. This section was separated from the sections on the left and right by long curtains, though someone could easily pull the edge of a curtain aside and enter one of the two other parts of the room. Three women and one man in orange Racal suits stood in the middle, and there were also four women and three men in thin white hospital gowns.

"Women, please move into the curtained area to your left," said Airman Catherine Rourke, one of the orange-suited people. "Men, to the area on your right." She pointed at each area as she mentioned it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Wryce
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Wryce »

Marcus follows the arrivals in, relieved at the relatively minor injuries. He had some concerns about the bandaged woman though- the wound location certainly would be prime for a bite or scratch.

He enters the men's section and prepares to help in any way he can, awaiting further orders.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kathryn turned left and let the women nurses do their thing to her arm. Part of her glad to get away from the looks she had been given by some of the males out there.

"Is it bad? It´s shrapnel from a grenade I almost evaded. It´s all numb, now." She asks the nurse treating her. "I´m Kathryn McCoy. Former air traffic controller from just outside Kearney."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"We'll see you when we are all looked over, okay Kyle?" Emily said. "Don't worry, we'll see you again in just a few moments."

Emily gave Kyle a hug and then walked with Lauren to the women's area.
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Ho winces at the mention of his store.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I made a slight error earlier. [b]Kathryn[/b] has already received the maximum treatment for her injury. [b]Emily[/b], [b]Lauren[/b], and [b]Kyle[/b] could benefit both from First Aid and Medicine.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

ooc:
Spoiler:
OK, I guess they will have a look anyway... to be a sure her story holds.
TVblog

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Keith approached the closest airman: "What can I do to help, sir?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the intake area-
Lt. Ellison examined Kathryn's arm in the women's area. "A grenade?!" she said. "How did that happen? I'm Barbara Ellison. It's very nice to meet you, Kathryn. Your arm doesn't look too bad. It looks like it's already been treated well. I'll need to remove the bandages to take a closer look at it, clean the wound, and change the dressing, but it's nothing a good night's rest or two won't fix. Your friends look like they're in worse shape, so I'll treat them first." She turned to Lauren. "Hi, what's your name?"

"Lauren Montrose," she said. She indicated Emily. "This is my mom. She's a psychiatrist, but she's also pretty good as a medic. She helped with Kathryn's arm." Lauren beamed with pride.

"Well, let's get you fixed up." Barbara did a swift and spectacular job of cleaning and bandaging her injuries. "What happened to you?"

"Wow, you're good! Oh, our truck flipped over when we ran into a zombie near the base. I'm lucky I wasn't in the back. Poor Victor...He was mean and all, but he still didn't deserve what happened to him."

Meanwhile, Lt. Sara Evans took a look a Emily. "I'm Lt. Sara Evans, ma'am," she said, patching her up well enough. "You're going to need a little more work." She waved the female doctor over.

"My name is Captain Claire Kelleher," she said. "I'm in charge here. Yes, that's going to need stitches." She began sewing up the wound, starting to restore Emily to full health. "I'll do a more thorough job after you've all been decontaminated." She raised her voice. "First, I need all of you to take off your clothes. All of them, underwear and shoes included. Just put them in the biohazard waste bags that the female civilians will bring around." She waved to Zorie, Amanda, Lisa, and Melinda to start doing so.

"What are you going to do with our clothes?" asked Cynthia.

"We're going to burn them, ma'am."

In the men's section of the intake area, Lt. Oscar Gomez examined Kyle first. "That looks pretty bad, sir," he said. "I'm going to need a little help with that." He signaled for Senior Airman Roger Coltrane to join him.

"Yeah, it hurts, mister," said Kyle, "but I'm plenty tough."

"You've been through a lot, it seems," said Coltrane, who looked very nervous. "Did you see any aliens?"

"No. I always wanted to, though. Aliens are cool."

"Not these aliens. They unleashed this plague on us. They want to destroy us all!"

"Try to focus on treating his injuries, Senior Airman," said Gomez.

Roger Coltrane got down to work and did it adequately, and Kyle was soon almost fully healed.

"We'll finish a little later," said Gomez. "First, we need all of you guys to strip down. Take everything off, even your skivvies. You'll put your clothes in the biohazardous waste bags that we'll be bringing around."

"You can help collect everyone's clothes," Gary Simpson said to Keith. "After that, you can make sure the machines are in working order. We've got defibrillators, heart monitors, all sorts of medical equipment. I'm sure the medic can show you what you need to know about it." He indicated Marcus Winters.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

In the womens area -
"Nice to meet you, Lt. Evans" Emily said as she began to strip. "As my daughter said, I am a psychiatrist and trained in medicine. I've happy to help in any way I can once we are all set here."
Emily put her clothes into the biohazard bag.

In the mens area-
"Will do" said Keith. He moved about the room picking up the bags as they got filled up.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat replies to Ellison as she moves away to treat Lauren "A crazed National Guard Corporal abducted me and..Then he got... injured. So, have you had many visitors from the surrounding areas?"
TVblog

Wryce
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Wryce »

Airman Winters goes about his business setting up the medical equipment. When Keith finishes with the clothes, he calls the man over.

"Alright, I'm going to give you a quick run through of each machine and what it does. I think you should probably learn a few things about First Aid while you're working with us as well. We need every pair of hands we can get."
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Sounds good, sir" Keith says. "Operating and repairing machines are my bread and butter. Repairing humans, not so much, but I'll do all that I can to help, sir."
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Ho nervously turns his back on the group and tries to undress with some semblance of dignity.

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”