IC-GOLD-Fresh Blood(Everyone else)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Re: IC-GOLD-Fresh Blood(Everyone else)

Post by ryansommer »

Keith sits up in his cot: "Has there been no other contact with other military in the US?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the men's isolation ward-
"Not that I know of," said Senior Airman Roger Coltrane. "I was at the communications post, and I know they talked to Diego Garcia and NATO HQ, but I don't think they connected to any military units or bases in the U.S., and we haven't had any communications since we left the truck stop early this afternoon. It's too bad we couldn't warn them about the aliens."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Speaking of the aliens" Keith said, "someone needs to get the base prepared for when or if the worms show up here. If they show up, they will destroy the base and it's defenses. Once that happens, we are sitting ducks. Even if we kill the worm, the base will be destroyed and undefendable. Someone needs to organize a convoy and get it supplied and outfitted for a long journey in the event we are attacked and need to flee."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Worms?" said Staff Sergeant Derek Morrison, shaking his bandaged head. "What worms?"

"Huge, monstrous things," said Coltrane. "I saw one at the motel, but maybe there are more. It slaughtered over a dozen people before we finally managed to bring it down, but I think we'd have killed it much quicker if we'd still had our machine gunners. The base is really big, and we've got a lot more defenses here. If they attack us directly, I don't think they can destroy the entire base. The real danger is their mind control. That's why everyone should wear a protective layer of aluminum foil on their heads. I've got one lining the inside of my helmet."

"Mind control?"

"Haven't you noticed how crazy people have been acting today? It's mind control!"

"The base does have an evacuation plan in place," said Lt. Gomez. "When it hit the fan this morning, everything was set in motion just in case the base was overrun. Trucks and aircraft are all loaded up and ready to leave on a moment's notice. The road where you came in is part of the evac route. That's why those gates could still be opened and closed."

"Nobody's ever going to be closing those gates again," said Derek. "When my helicopter blew up, they got taken out. They've got engineers setting up a barrier there to replace them."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"So they are sealing up our escape route?" Keith said incredulously. "I've been out of the military for a while so I'm a little out of the loop, but that sounds like a bad idea."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It'll be a movable barrier, I'm sure," said Derek. "The brass aren't that stupid."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Congratulations on surviving Chapter 6! It will probably be one or two weeks before Chapter 7 starts, but in the meantime you may continue to converse and interact with each other. Chapter 7 will pick up the following morning. If there's anything you plan to do tonight besides sleep, let me know here.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The story continues in the Gold and Sword sections of Chapter 7. [b]Kyle Perkins[/b] is moving to the following thread.
Broken Wings
OOC,[b]Ho Nguyen[/b] and [b]Regimental Sergeant Major Raymond Crew[/b] are moving to the following thread.
Nerve Center
OOC,[b]Airman Gary Simpson[/b] and [b]Airman Marcus Winters[/b] are moving to the following thread.
Best Laid Plans
OOC,Everyone else is moving to the following thread.
The Wounded
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”