IC-SWORD-In Harm's Way(Lara Voronova/Steve/Caitlin/Sven)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Wryce
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Re: IC-SWORD-In Harm's Way(Lara Voronova/Steve Bell/Caitlin)

Post by Wryce »

Steve curses, and then starts driving forward again, but he couldn't drive fast enough to outrun the infected and still maintain control of the truck. The best he could do was keep pace with them.

"We popped a tire. We can't get very far until I change it, and there are a few of those things chasing us."
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by SSior.27 »

"Can't we take care of them while we change the tire?" she says, trying her best to keep the fear from her voice... and failing.
Seeing Eihort - 1d6/1d20 Sanity Loss
Seeing Cthulhu - 1d10/1d100 Sanity Loss
Seeing 'Twilight' - Automatic Permanent Insanity
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Steve drove north for a few hundred yards, the infected doggedly trailing along behind him. There was a spare in the back, but it would take quite some time to change the tire, and the infected would have to be taken care of somehow. It would take forever to get to the ranch at this pace, as it was still about 150 miles away.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Wryce
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Wryce »

"Hmm... They can't catch up to us as long as I keep driving. Try and shoot them from the window, it's the safest way."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Got only a couple of bullets... I´ll do my best."
Lara aims at the pursuers.
Spoiler:
Will time spent on aiming add to the to hit rate?
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,No, not in this case. It would improve your base range, but the zombies are already within your base range. Due to the darkness, you'd be at 1/5 of your Handgun skill just to hit them. Aiming for the head would mean another -5 penalty, applied after your skill is divided by 5. You may fire up to two shots this round, but keep in mind that you only have ten bullets. [b]Steve[/b], please roll Luck.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Wryce
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Wryce »

Steve feels lucky.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"This is not too good." Lara shakes her head. "I not see them good enough. Steve, Can you turn car so I see them?" "Don´t want to waste slugs..."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
A little further down the road, the figure of a young man appeared in the headlights. He was sprawled on the dirt, facing away from the truck to the north and sobbing uncontrollably. The truck's reduced speed meant that Steve could easily avoid running him over. The three zombies were still following a short distance behind.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Wryce
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Wryce »

"What the... Damn it! There's someone alive out there!"

Steve halts the truck a short distance before the man in the dirt. If he has time to turn the truck around, he does so. In the likely event he does not, he grabs his shotgun and a flashlight and leaps out of the truck.

"We can't just lead them over him. We're going to have to take these things out on foot."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Lara gets ready to exit and take cover behind the car to take out the followers if not the car is turned in time...
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Steve could see that the zombies were so close that there was no time to turn around, not with a flat tire. He and Lara jumped out, leaving Caitlin in the truck's cab. The man lying in the road ignored them both. He just kept sobbing and moaning. "Clara! Why?!?" he bawled.

The three zombies continued to advance while the truck was stopped. They were now only about five yards away and would arrive very soon.
OOC,The zombies are within point blank range for [b]Lara[/b], but not for [b]Steve[/b]. They are close enough that there is no darkness penalty, and there is no time to aim at the head. However, if you fire this round, you will not get to move, and the zombies will be able to attack you after you fire. They will also be able to attack if you remain where you are, as they will reach the truck this round. If you get back in, they won't be able to attack you yet.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Wryce
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Wryce »

Steve fires a barrel of his gun but misses the approaching creatures, his nerves still jangled from the impact.
OOC,I dunno what's going on with Invisible Castle and my internet, but it won't let me roll. I tried to roll and nothing happened it just sat there loading. I'll try again tomorrow. EDIT: Nevermind. I found the roll. Rolled an 80. I'm going to die.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,You can still fire the second barrel before the zombies arrive. But you may be right... :cry:
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Lara shoots two rounds at the closest target. No time to think, just blast away! She hits the zombie dead center at the hip and in the abdomen, hopefully slowing it a bit...
TVblog

Wryce
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Wryce »

Steve holds his breath and resists the urge to blast away with the other trigger immediately, holding to fire when he can see the whites of their eyes. Or bloody red, as the case may be.
Last Words,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2935458/]Ninety Nine[/url] so... unless the malfunction on a double barrel is just on a 100, my gun breaks. If it is malfunction only on 100, I do technically hit at point blank range.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Sestra! Shoot them!!!" Lara screams at Caitlin inside the truck. Seeing the ghouls within meters makes Lara take half a step backwards. This reminds her too much of the motel incident. She does not want to be here anymore...

"SESTRAA!!!"
TVblog

SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by SSior.27 »

Steve,I just checked the book (5.6e just cause the pdf was handy). It says all shotguns are 00 for malfunction. Well, there's one that's lower, but it's a folding one, so not applicable.
And just because we can't figure if Caitlin left her gun or not...
Forgot the gun,Caitlin leaned out the truck window. "[color=#FF0040]With what?[/color]" she shouts to Lara. "[color=#FF0040]We left my gun in the barn when I climbed out the window! Unless you've got another one in here?![/color]"
Has the gun,Managing to get out after the bustle of the others piling through the doors, Caitlin squeezes off a shot at the one nearing Lara. She trusted her dad would be able to hit the infected with his shotgun, especially at close range. Not anticipating to hit anything, she was most [url-http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2936409/]surprised when it hit[/url].
Last edited by SSior.27 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Seeing Eihort - 1d6/1d20 Sanity Loss
Seeing Cthulhu - 1d10/1d100 Sanity Loss
Seeing 'Twilight' - Automatic Permanent Insanity
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Steve[/b] would hit at point blank range, but he's not at point blank range, so that does miss. [b]Caitlin[/b], you left the other pistol at the barn, so you don't have anything to shoot. You may want to revise your action.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Wryce
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Wryce »

OOC,I intended to hold the second shot till they were closer, as implied by the post. However, if I can't do that I totally understand. Either way, I'm still probably up the proverbial creek.

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”