IC-SWORD-In Harm's Way(Lara Voronova/Steve/Caitlin/Sven)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-SWORD-In Harm's Way(Lara Voronova/Steve/Caitlin/Sven)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The Russian archaeology student takes the alternate route and tries to drive the truck fuel efficiently. They´re in no hurry getting to the farm. The goal is to get there or as close as possible.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Lara had no difficulty reaching the turnoff and getting back on track by following Caitlin's directions. As they progressed, the sky began to get a little lighter, though it was still fairly dark. Sven sat silently between them. Their lives had been turned upside-down, but they still had them. They had all suffered terrible loss, yet there was still hope. Not far ahead lay the ranch belonging to all that was left of Caitlin's family, and with it - hopefully - safety. There still remained enough fuel in the pickup truck's tank to make it the rest of the way there, but only barely. It would be running on fumes by the time it got there, but it should make it. Lara drove onwards. She had so much pain inside, but at long last she had her freedom. Sven had lost everything, but perhaps he would have a chance to mend his broken heart. A new day was dawning on a new world.
OOC,Congratulations on surviving Chapter 6! It will probably be a couple of months or so before I can wrap up all of the other threads, but in the meantime you may continue to converse and interact with each other. Chapter 7 will pick up with your arrival at the ranch, shortly before 6:00 AM.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by SSior.27 »

OOC,Should we roll on checked skills? If so, may I ask some clarrification. 1) Roll d100 for a checked skill. 2) If roll is greater than skill percent, increase by 1d10 (or is it 1d6?) 3) If roll is less than skill percent, increase by 1% 4) Repeat for all checked skills. Is that about it?
Caitlin looked in the light of the rising sun, seeing the farm approaching. "We made it. I can't believe it..."
Seeing Eihort - 1d6/1d20 Sanity Loss
Seeing Cthulhu - 1d10/1d100 Sanity Loss
Seeing 'Twilight' - Automatic Permanent Insanity
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,That's pretty close. Normally we do skill experience rolls when the chapter concludes for everyone, and I post full instructions then. You can probably find them late in Chapter 5's OOC thread. These checks are done in the OOC thread. You can see a list of your checked skills in the Locations and Weapons thread. You get the 1d10 increase if you get higher than your skill on 1d100, but there is no increase if you get less than or equal to it. Also, everyone in this thread gets 1d10 Sanity points for reaching the ranch. You're not quite there yet, but you will be pretty soon, so you might as well roll for it between chapters. You can all really use it at this point - especially [b]Lara[/b]! She's down in the single digits, and she's very lucky she didn't hit zero.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Lara looks for something to listen to on the radio. If it is still in functioning order. Even a tape would do. She turns the dial and pushes some buttons. "Maybe someone is broadcasting something?" Looking up from the dashboard and following Caitlin´s gaze, Lara brakes and watches the ranch from afar.

"Another day, sestra. Another life. Good." She kicks second gear in and starts to lift the clutch to bring the truck to slowly roll down the sloping hill side towards the farm. "Sven! Good Morning to a new day."

Seeing the farm makes her spirits rise and she feels revitalized.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by SSior.27 »

Caitlin shook her head. "Forgive me for not sharing in your optimism. My mom died. My dad died. All I have left to hold onto may or may not be at that farm out there." She points out the front windshield, and as she continues, the words she speaks seem to change her outlook a little. "There and the three of us... We made it... Through losses, we made it... I guess that is something to be hopeful about."
Seeing Eihort - 1d6/1d20 Sanity Loss
Seeing Cthulhu - 1d10/1d100 Sanity Loss
Seeing 'Twilight' - Automatic Permanent Insanity
Wryce
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Post by Wryce »

OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2999506/]Sanity Gain (1d10=1)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2999512/]Mech Repair, Spot Hidden (1d100=50, 1d100=49)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2999513/]Mech Repair, Spot Hidden Gain (1d10=7, 1d10=5)[/url]
Sven looks up and speaks up, hesitantly.

"Good morning. I, uh, I don't think I ever thanked you for saving me. I'm sorry about your family Caitlin, I know how you must feel. When Clara... When I lost Clara, I couldn't imagine going on anymore. She was everything. I was ready to die... But I've been thinking... She wouldn't want that. I don't think your parents would want you to give up either. We have to keep going, for the people that loved us."

He looks somewhat embarrassed by his small speech, but he seems to have broken out of the depressed stupor he was in before.
Last edited by Wryce on Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Her name was Clara, not Claire, by the way.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Wryce
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Post by Wryce »

OOC,My bad. I blame Resident Evil. Fixed it.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Not locked up with raping skinheads, Lara allows herself to smile. Having found a cap, not much different from one she had had as a little girl in Moscow, she maneuvers the truck towards the farm. The coat provides some warmth but it´s the company that´s make her feel hope. They are alive, at a cost. More steep for others. A though goes to Katarina and Zoe and other girls from the compound. Are they alright... even alive?
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

OOC:
Spoiler:
Are we supposed to roll skills and SAN gain here or in the ooc-thread later?
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,In the OOC thread, but you can do it now. You've already rolled your Sanity gain (you got 10!) but not your skill checks. I'm sorry there's been such a long delay in finishing up the chapter for the other threads, but it's almost over. I think Chapter 6 will wrap up in a week or two, with Chapter 7 starting in early September.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The story continues in the Sword section of Chapter 7, found on the link below.
Three for the Road
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”